Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:22 PM

Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. (2009 Views)

Again, Kogi Pensioners Protest Non-payment Of 22 Months Allowances / President Buhari Did Not Order Us To Clear Salary Arrears - Governors / Pensioners Take Over Niger Assembly As Spokesperson Collapses (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by nigeriaunitedfc: 8:49am On Feb 28, 2017
ONITSHA— Nigeria Union of Pensioners, NUP, in Anambra State, yesterday, demanded, among other things from Governor Willie Obiano, the payment of 11 months arrears of pension to pensioners in some primary schools in the state.

Chairman of the union in the state, Dr Anthony Ugozor, made the demand when the union visited a mentally retarded home at Nteje, Oyi Local Government Area with food items and clothes estimated at N300,000.

Other demands included harmonization of pension and payment of gratuity of pensioners at the local government level who retired between 2014 and 2016.

He said: “We are expecting to hear from the governor on whether arrangements were being put in place to address this vexed issue. Besides, we want the governor to invite us to a meeting at least for 20 minutes because we have written severally and nothing has happened till date.”

Items donated to the mentally retarded home included bags of beans, rice, cartons of noodles, biscuits and cartons of assorted juice and other drinks.

There was excitement among the inmates when the items were unloaded from a fully loaded pick up.

Ugozor said the visit was in response to governor Obiano’s plea during his 56th birthday that good Anambra people should try to appreciate his birthday by donating to the needy in the state.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/02/anambra-pensioners-demand-11-months-arrears/

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by LAFO: 8:50am On Feb 28, 2017
Bro Obiano, Oya answer them o, no be only okorocha you go dey answer

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by betterABIAstate: 8:54am On Feb 28, 2017
I thought okorocha was the only governor owing workers.
A whole 11months grin

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by Super1Star: 8:57am On Feb 28, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Even Aregbe is still paying Hafsat. Anambra people should plead with Obiano to at least adopt the Hafsat Pollicy in the interim.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by betterABIAstate: 8:58am On Feb 28, 2017
Super1Star:

Even Aregbe is still paying Hafsat. Anambra people should plead with Obiano to at least adopt the Hafsat Pollicy in the interim.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by Abia1stSon: 8:59am On Feb 28, 2017
Did I hear some primary school? When a state like my abia state is owing everybody over 1yr arrears. Next please

2 Likes

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by Abia1stSon: 9:02am On Feb 28, 2017
I think my own state is worse cheesy

UMUAHIA—ABIA State Council of Nigeria Labour Congress [NLC] has tasked the Abia State Government to settle arrears of salary owed to Abia workers without further delay. Ikpeazu Ikpeazu In a communiqué raised at its state executive council meeting, in Umuahia, Abia NLC told Governor Okezie Ikpeazu not to use some projects embarked by his administration “as a hindrance to pay workers’ salaries”, lamenting that Abia workers “are currently passing through hard times due to non-payment of salaries”. In the communiqué which was sent to Governor Ikpeazu through the Head of Service, Labour also called on the government to “as a matter of urgency address the issue of pension arrears owed to pensioners in the State which spans between 5-12 months as the case may be". Abia workers also condemned in “strong terms, the non-release of check-off dues as at when due from MDAs”, even as they called on the government to “clear the arrears of gratuity owed to retirees in Abia State spanning over 15 years”. To avoid the continuation of the ugly fate of retired workers in the State, the communiqué said that Abia workers have adopted the introduction of the Contributory Pension Fund Scheme which they hoped would address the untold hardship of retirees if well managed. The communiqué which was signed by the State Chairman, Comrade Uchenna Obigwe and the acting Secretary, Comrade John Onaga also frowned at “high taxation of Abia workers which is based on consolidated salary structure, not minding that not all Abia workers are on consolidated salary.”
Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by Nobody: 9:03am On Feb 28, 2017
Obiano ngwanu!!
Talking governor.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by Doug07034780891(m): 9:03am On Feb 28, 2017
Chidiebere aka betterabiastate, ezeanambra, nigeriaunitedfc, you are still in pains and bitter while dead abia state is right now in coma in all sectors including salary arrears across board.

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by betterABIAstate: 9:06am On Feb 28, 2017
Doug07034780891:
Chidiebere aka betterabiastate, ezeanambra, nigeriaunitedfc, you are still in pains and bitter while dead abia state is right now in coma in all sectors including salary arrears across board.

please take your rubbish somewhere else and let sane people comment

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by Doug07034780891(m): 9:08am On Feb 28, 2017
Chidiebere, we go knock you engine. You will keep running from thread to thread because of too much HEAT until you knock. You never see anything yet... cheesy

betterABIAstate:
please take your rubbish somewhere else and let sane people comment

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by nigeriaunitedfc: 9:14am On Feb 28, 2017
Both of you should take your rubbish off this thread.

Obiano should pay these guys please.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by nigeriaunitedfc: 9:15am On Feb 28, 2017
Super1Star:

even osun is now doing better than anambra salary wise.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by Doug07034780891(m): 9:15am On Feb 28, 2017
nigeriaunitedfc:
Both of you should take your rubbish off this thread.

Obiano should pay these guys please.

Chidiebere aka nigeriaunitedfc, betterabiastate, ezeanambra, have you eaten today? Keep deceiving yourself.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by Kingsley1000(m): 9:25am On Feb 28, 2017
Obiano again ?
Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by nigeriaunitedfc: 9:26am On Feb 28, 2017
Doug07034780891:

Chidiebere aka nigeriaunitedfc, betterabiastate, ezeanambra, have you eaten today? Keep deceiving yourself.cheesy
I'm serious about this, stop taking it personal.
Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by omenkaLives(m): 9:28am On Feb 28, 2017
Even though this is coming from VANGUARD and involves Obingo, they would still find a way to blame it on "Afonja". Just watch the thread unravel. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by Doug07034780891(m): 9:36am On Feb 28, 2017
Chidiebere listen to your brother. Your dead Abia is owing across board

nigeriaunitedfc:
I'm serious about this, stop taking it personal.

Abia1stSon:

UMUAHIA—ABIA State Council of Nigeria Labour Congress [NLC] has tasked the Abia State Government to settle arrears of salary owed to Abia workers without further delay. Ikpeazu Ikpeazu In a communiqué raised at its state executive council meeting, in Umuahia, Abia NLC told Governor Okezie Ikpeazu not to use some projects embarked by his administration “as a hindrance to pay workers’ salaries”, lamenting that Abia workers “are currently passing through hard times due to non-payment of salaries”. In the communiqué which was sent to Governor Ikpeazu through the Head of Service, Labour also called on the government to “as a matter of urgency address the issue of pension arrears owed to pensioners in the State which spans between 5-12 months as the case may be". Abia workers also condemned in “strong terms, the non-release of check-off dues as at when due from MDAs”, even as they called on the government to “clear the arrears of gratuity owed to retirees in Abia State spanning over 15 years”. To avoid the continuation of the ugly fate of retired workers in the State, the communiqué said that Abia workers have adopted the introduction of the Contributory Pension Fund Scheme which they hoped would address the untold hardship of retirees if well managed. The communiqué which was signed by the State Chairman, Comrade Uchenna Obigwe and the acting Secretary, Comrade John Onaga also frowned at “high taxation of Abia workers which is based on consolidated salary structure, not minding that not all Abia workers are on consolidated salary.”

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by nigeriaunitedfc: 9:45am On Feb 28, 2017
Doug07034780891:
Chidiebere listen to your brother. Your dead Abia is owing across board

I'm not from abia, so I won't take sides.
Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by Doug07034780891(m): 9:50am On Feb 28, 2017
Chidiebere stop fooling around. You have been busted. Lol

nigeriaunitedfc:
I'm not from abia, so I won't take sides.
Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by nigeriaunitedfc: 10:06am On Feb 28, 2017
Doug07034780891:
Chidiebere stop fooling around. You have been busted. Lol

like I said before, I'm not from abia and I won't take sides.
Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by Doug07034780891(m): 10:11am On Feb 28, 2017
Chidiebere what about your okada rider father? Lol

nigeriaunitedfc:
like I said before, I'm not from abia and I won't take sides.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by nigeriaunitedfc: 10:23am On Feb 28, 2017
Doug07034780891:

how do you mean? Does that translate to what we are discussing here?
Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by betterABIAstate: 10:25am On Feb 28, 2017
Doug07034780891:

don't use irrelevant talk to distract the op, Willie is owing 11months arrears, why can't you be touched for once. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by Doug07034780891(m): 10:26am On Feb 28, 2017
Abia1stSon:

Your state Abia is owing over 15yrs arrears but you are bothered about a state that isn't owing. Are you cursed? Answer me Chidiebere? LOL

nigeriaunitedfc:
how do you mean? Does that translate to what we are discussing here?
Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by nigeriaunitedfc: 10:28am On Feb 28, 2017
betterABIAstate:
don't use irrelevant talk to distract the op, Willie is owing 11months arrears, why can't you be touched for once. cheesy
the boy really has a problem, I wonder how you have been coping with him. we are talking of Willie owing 11months salaries, he's busy calling people names.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by Doug07034780891(m): 10:29am On Feb 28, 2017
Chidiebere your case is pathetic. We are looking at the states side by side. While your cursed state is owing between 5-12months and some up to 15yrs.
Abia1stSon:

betterABIAstate:
Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by betterABIAstate: 10:31am On Feb 28, 2017
Doug07034780891:
Chidiebere your case is pathetic. We are looking at the states side by side. While your cursed state is owing between 5-12months and some up to 15yrs.

I'm no longer africonji, but why is Willie owing 11months salaries arrears cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by betterABIAstate: 10:33am On Feb 28, 2017
nigeriaunitedfc:
the boy really has a problem, I wonder how you have been coping with him. we are talking of Willie owing 11months salaries, he's busy calling people names.
he will soon call you seun or buhari grin

Please focus on the salary issue, don't be distracted

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by Doug07034780891(m): 10:34am On Feb 28, 2017
Chidiebere, you have more than 110 monikers. But we shall keep unmasking you. Your cursed Abia state is owing over 1yr across board but you are more concerned about a state that pays promptly. cheesy

betterABIAstate:
I'm no longer africonji, but why is Willie owing 11months salaries arrears cheesy
Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by betterABIAstate: 10:40am On Feb 28, 2017
Doug07034780891:
Chidiebere, you have more than 110 monikers. But we shall keep unmasking you. Your cursed Abia state is owing over 1yr across board but you are more concerned about a state that pays promptly. cheesy

leave talk, you are confused let's focus on the salary been owed by Willie, is your father also affected?

1 Like

Re: Anambra Pensioners Demand 11months Arrears. by Doug07034780891(m): 10:42am On Feb 28, 2017
Chidiebere, our promise is that you must knock engine. cheesy

Your cursed Abia state has forgotten about anything concerning salaries, now your father has taken to Okada to survive.

betterABIAstate:
leave talk, you are confused let's focus on the salary been owed by Willie, is your father also affected?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mrs Igbenidion You Can Equally Give Tboss The 25million And The Suv / Look At What The Person Said About Igbos / Why Igbo's Always Like To Compare Anambra State With Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.