Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 (58184 Views)

Olam Nigeria 2018 Graduate Trainee Scheme Job Recruitment / NITDA Scholarship Scheme 2017/2018 / Olam Nigeria Graduate Sales Trainee Scheme 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by FavouriteMe(f): 8:20pm On May 20, 2017
Yungchukzy:

Thanks a lot, may God bless your kind heart. But my issue is beyond accomodation, I'm just going to put a halt to my Lagos travels till I get feedback on others I've already taken.

Once again, thanks for your kind concern. Wish you the best on the 24th.
OK, you're welcome.
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by Oscarz(m): 9:07pm On May 21, 2017
FavouriteMe:

I understand how you feel, but most times taking risk is a part of the job search. May no evil occurrence happen to us while travelling, but if accommodation is part of the challenge I could be of assistance for the period. I'm scheduled for the same date.
Please, I would be ever grateful if you can extend that assistance. I'm coming from the East, 24th and no accommodation. Biko
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by conttrol: 12:11pm On May 22, 2017
I have been invited to the interview for management trainee position, 25th May, 2017.

Please what do we expect in the interview? How do we prepare?
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by candyyy(f): 8:03pm On May 23, 2017
Please I need directions to the venue from Oshodi. Thanks
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by izzou(m): 7:58am On May 24, 2017
candyyy:
Please I need directions to the venue from Oshodi. Thanks

Enter Ketu-Ojota-Maryland from Oshodi

Drop at Ojota busstop

Use the pedestrian bridge

Trek back a little. It immediately after the fidelity bank.
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by randomspeaker: 10:49am On May 24, 2017
Please do you have any idea how much uacn pays their graduate management trainee staff, during ans after the training

izzou:

Drop at Ojota busstop

Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by vicyreigna(m): 4:06pm On May 24, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]

Please those that did their interview today, 24th May, how was it and what are we to expect for us doing tomorrow.
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by Harkenyeahme: 9:50pm On May 24, 2017
So, those of us going in tomorrow should be prepared to get in early...
Today was supposed to be first come, first serve but they skipped at some point so they might just follow it through tomorrow.

Be prepared for a bit of current affairs. Someone was asked who the AU chairperson is, state of origin deputy governor etc.

Read your CV, and that includes basic definition of terms that pop up on the CV, your course inclusive. And of course, the UAC and Nigeria knowledge might come in handy.

All the best to you all!

4 Likes

Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by randomspeaker: 11:28pm On May 24, 2017
This is what is contained in my mail for the UACN interview
it says, Venue - UACN PLC , corporate Centre Annex (Uac foods Building), KM 16 Ikorodu road Ojota bus stop. (kindly come in through the black gate). I don't understand that part, why am i coming in through the black gate angry someone should please help me clarify this abeg my interview is tomorrow, before i'll go to where dey are cutting peoples head. undecided

2 Likes

Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by candyyy(f): 12:41am On May 25, 2017
izzou:

Drop at Ojota busstop

Thank you sir
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by izzou(m): 10:35am On May 25, 2017
candyyy:

Thank you sir

Have you done yours?
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by candyyy(f): 10:56pm On May 25, 2017
izzou:

Have you done yours?
Yes today
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by izzou(m): 10:58pm On May 25, 2017
candyyy:

Yes today

How did it go?
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by randomspeaker: 5:11am On May 26, 2017
just read a little bit of current affairs, know the president of france, the present and past presidents of USA, Know the senate president,deputy senate,house or rep, etc in Nigeria, know the governor and deputy governor of your state, the senator representing your area. Then they'll ask questions relating to your course. For the Elect students, Just read all the basic engineering things cus those people aren't smiling, you can hardly answer all thier questions. Know definition of stuffs like inverter, diode, transistor, (voltage,current and of course resistance) , alternator, Electric motors, generators etc. For mechanical you can be asked to explain how an airplaine works or operates. YOU also need to know about uacn, thier different companies, thier products , the chairman of the board and M.D. and so much more. Its a panel interview, 4 inteviewers per person and it's based on first come first serve, Goodluck guys.
izzou:

How did it go?
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by izzou(m): 6:01am On May 26, 2017
randomspeaker:

Thanks bro. God bless
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by Derase: 4:15pm On May 26, 2017
Are people still being interviewed today?
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by SirElaw(m): 10:11am On May 28, 2017
Has anyone been contacted after the interview?
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by Vivy(f): 8:25pm On May 29, 2017
Am I the only one who thinks that UAC scammed us? We were over 1000 applicants via Workforce and less than 40 people made it to the face-to-face interview. Then, sales team happened to be just 11 of us. Only 11 in the whole of Nigeria. Sadly for them, I wasn't selected. (Was anyone even selected?) After the case study which seemed to be about the real crisis they were facing, they took down notes of our ideas and went to pay another outsourcing company (name withheld) over 100k to get another set of CVs... These guys are stealing our ideas and not employing a single person! And that's just nasty! Please, prove me wrong if you may. If UAC called you after the interview in May kindly reply this thread. Jah Bless!
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by izzou(m): 8:26pm On May 29, 2017
Vivy:
Am I the only one who thinks that UAC scammed us? We were over 1000 applicants via Workforce and less than 40 people made it to the face-to-face interview. Then, sales team happened to be just 11 of us. Only 11 in the whole of Nigeria. Sadly for them, I wasn't selected. (Was anyone even selected?) After the case study which seemed to be about the real crisis they were facing, they took down notes of our ideas and went to pay another outsourcing company (name withheld) over 100k to get another set of CVs... These guys are stealing our ideas and not employing a single person! And that's just nasty! Please, prove me wrong if you may. If UAC called you after the interview in May kindly reply this thread. Jah Bless!

Is it for GSS or Management Trainee?
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by Xzbit91: 9:27pm On May 29, 2017
Vivy:

This is ridiculous. Wouldn't it be cheaper to get consultants and seasoned professionals to help them with ideas instead of getting ideas from a bunch of outsiders who may not have any idea of company workings and culture?

2 Likes

Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by izzou(m): 11:04am On May 30, 2017
UAC, abeg Make we know our fate today.

Abeg
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by Xzbit91: 1:10pm On May 30, 2017
izzou:
UAC, abeg Make we know our fate today.

Abeg

MT? They said 2nd week of June!
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by izzou(m): 4:05pm On May 30, 2017
Xzbit91:

MT? They said 2nd week of June!

Oops

Thanks
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by simplex2: 7:04pm On May 30, 2017
@vivy, I believe the panel was scoring you while you addressed the key problem presented to you and not jotting down your points to use in solving the problem...lol. I don't know how you got to the conclusion that no one else was selected because you weren't called up. I still don't know how you got the info that another recruiting agency was paid N100k to bring in more people; I am not privy to such info. Infact, it may interest you to know that workforce charges millions of naira just for shortlisting you guys and organising the first exam.

The recruitment exercise is always a tough one, I don't know if people have been called up for medicals already. I believe the GSS and MT will resume same time. The last recruitment took a duration of 1 yr.
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by simplex2: 7:08pm On May 30, 2017
Xzbit91:

This is ridiculous. Wouldn't it be cheaper to get consultants and seasoned professionals to help them with ideas instead of getting ideas from a bunch of outsiders who may not have any idea of company workings and culture?

Of course there are loads of professionals to handle any problem in UAC. Infact, it may interest you to know that 2 of the board of directors of uac are presently serving as ministers in this administration; minister of budget and planning and minister of trade and investment.

She was just being graded.
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by Xzbit91: 7:21pm On May 30, 2017
simplex2:

Of course there are loads of professionals to handle any problem in UAC. Infact, it may interest you to know that 2 of the board of directors of uac are presently serving as ministers in this administration; minister of budget and planning and minister of trade and investment.

She was just being graded.

Thanks for clearing the air oga simplex

The bolded is on the website. I'd like to know if we have a say as to where we want to be posted or its arbitrary.
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by simplex2: 8:15pm On May 30, 2017
Xzbit91:

Thanks for clearing the air oga simplex

The bolded is on the website. I'd like to know if we have a say as to where we want to be posted or its arbitrary.

No sir, the various companies inside UAC has already sent in vacant positions they would love to fill so your name will be sent to them and you will get an offer letter from that particular company. But you can chose to reject such an offer but you have to give a cogent reason why you don't want that particular company. Eg, Grand Cereals (makers of vita feeds, grand vegetable oil etc) are not in Lagos. They have plants at Onitsha and jos, Livestock feeds have there's at ABA, Portland has theirs at Ewokoro (Ogun state). So if you are sent to any of those locations while you are residing in Lagos, you can reject and ask for another offer, citing family as your reason. But then, you will be paid a handsome relocation fee if you are needed in such locations. Grand Cereals will even offer you free accommodation for a couple of months until you settle down.

Apart from that I don't think there's enough reason to reject an offer. Those in sales are a bit flexible. They can operate from anywhere within the country and not necessarily from the location the head office is at.

Still available for more questions.
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by Vivy(f): 8:22pm On May 30, 2017
It's for GSS

izzou:

Is it for GSS or Management Trainee?
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by Vivy(f): 8:32pm On May 30, 2017
simplex2:
@vivy, I believe the panel was scoring you while you addressed the key problem presented to you and not jotting down your points to use in solving the problem...lol. I don't know how you got to the conclusion that no one else was selected because you weren't called up. I still don't know how you got the info that another recruiting agency was paid N100k to bring in more people; I am not privy to such info. Infact, it may interest you to know that workforce charges millions of naira just for shortlisting you guys and organising the first exam.

The recruitment exercise is always a tough one, I don't know if people have been called up for medicals already. I believe the GSS and MT will resume same time. The last recruitment took a duration of 1 yr.

Mr. 'Panel of Judges', I think you should read through my post again before you start exercising your fundamental human right. About the outsourcing firm, I am very positive about that information because I used to work there. Please, kindly correct me if you were selected.
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by Xzbit91: 8:56pm On May 30, 2017
simplex2:

No sir, the various companies inside UAC has already sent in vacant positions they would love to fill so your name will be sent to them and you will get an offer letter from that particular company. But you can chose to reject such an offer but you have to give a cogent reason why you don't want that particular company. Eg, Grand Cereals (makers of vita feeds, grand vegetable oil etc) are not in Lagos. They have plants at Onitsha and jos, Livestock feeds have there's at ABA, Portland has theirs at Ewokoro (Ogun state). So if you are sent to any of those locations while you are residing in Lagos, you can reject and ask for another offer, citing family as your reason. But then, you will be paid a handsome relocation fee if you are needed in such locations. Grand Cereals will even offer you free accommodation for a couple of months until you settle down.

Apart from that I don't think there's enough reason to reject an offer. Those in sales are a bit flexible. They can operate from anywhere within the country and not necessarily from the location the head office is at.

Still available for more questions.

Thanks very much for the feedback
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by simplex2: 9:03pm On May 30, 2017
Vivy:

Mr. 'Panel of Judges', I think you should read through my post again before you start exercising your fundamental human right. About the outsourcing firm, I am very positive about that information because I used to work there. Please, kindly correct me if you were selected.

Okk Ma. Have a nice life.
Re: UACN Calling!!! Management Trainee Scheme 2017 by Jazmiynne: 10:34pm On May 30, 2017
simplex2:

Okk Ma. Have a nice life.

Lolz this is Epic!

No need to talk plenty. Wehdonsah wink smiley cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

First Bank Aptitude Test. / Strictly For SSCE / Concept Group Ltd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.