Stats: 3,151,238 members, 7,811,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:55 PM

How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? (4814 Views)

Top 5 Nigerian Web Hosting Companies That Offer Promos / Meet 12 Year-old Nigerian Web Developer, Obaloluwa Odelana / Are Nigerian Bloggers Expected To Pay Tax? (2) (3) (4)

Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Iambond(m): 7:53am On Mar 01, 2017
I use domainkng.ng, my site(though under construction) has been offline for weeks now, I've raised a support ticket 3 times but no reply e mail from them yet, Unreliable.
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Mjuliet: 7:53am On Mar 01, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

How reliable is Nairaland which is a Nigerian web forum ??

Do you need to go to the moon so your web hosting service can be reliable ??

This is the dumbest question I've heard or read on the internet

U have no idea what the op ask... Nairaland.com is hosted on a foreign server that's why u can access it 24/7 365 days with few downtime..

Imagine when u visit nairaland.com and it's unavailable for just 24 hrs and this happens almost twice a week..
I don't think Nigeria Hosting companies have a server of their own self... All of them are resellers who buy bandwidth from foreign host.
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by twosquare(m): 8:00am On Mar 01, 2017
Dolm:
I want to register a domain name and self host it for blogging purposes. I've heard about the services of Name cheap and may want to go for them. But I don't know how to pay them since I don't have a credit card or PayPal account because of the fired crisis. Supposing I go for a Nigerian Registrar and Host, how reliable are they?
Pls. I need an honest counsel.
Go for Qservers.net...That's what some top organizations use in Naija...at least, I have no problem whatsoever since I've started using it.
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by twosquare(m): 8:04am On Mar 01, 2017
igwedaboss:
Thank God this question came up. I use one of the most popular web hosting platform in Nigeria. We were told to patronize made in Nigeria, so I did. I then attached jetpack to it. Jetpack does a lot for a website, ranging from different analysis to maintenance and all. Recently, jetpack have been sending me tons of information about when my site goes offline and comes back online. This used to be rare situation but since the turn of year, it happens on an average of 4-5 times a day. It can be that bad. I remember when I first tried to install jetpack, the hosting company didn't allow, I had to ask for permission to do so, before they allowed. Now jetpack has been exposing the time that am online and offline. I thought jetpack was trying to be funny, but the truth of the matter is, when I try logging onto my website and the time jetpack says it is offline, I notice it was actually offline. So friends and guests, does this happen to you?
Well, mine do go offline for a couple of minutes within 24 hours..especially early hours of the morning. It's no big deal to me, though...since it is just for 2 to 5 minutes and everything is online again.
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by charlsecy(m): 8:05am On Mar 01, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

Chai.... Your response shows you know nothing or do not even understand the question. I salute your brave ignorance.

Please don't quote me. Go and figure out the problem with your dumb response yourself.

Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by miketayo(m): 8:13am On Mar 01, 2017
I m using whogohost with no complain
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by oojuola: 8:30am On Mar 01, 2017
twosquare:
Go for Qservers.net...That's what some top organizations use in Naija...at least, I have no problem whatsoever since I've started using it.

Yes, I can also testify to Qservers as well, they are currently hosting my website and i haven't regretted hosting with them

Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by NgreadNews(m): 8:36am On Mar 01, 2017
igwedaboss:
Thank God this question came up. I use one of the most popular web hosting platform in Nigeria. We were told to patronize made in Nigeria, so I did. I then attached jetpack to it. Jetpack does a lot for a website, ranging from different analysis to maintenance and all. Recently, jetpack have been sending me tons of information about when my site goes offline and comes back online. This used to be rare situation but since the turn of year, it happens on an average of 4-5 times a day. It can be that bad. I remember when I first tried to install jetpack, the hosting company didn't allow, I had to ask for permission to do so, before they allowed. Now jetpack has been exposing the time that am online and offline. I thought jetpack was trying to be funny, but the truth of the matter is, when I try logging onto my website and the time jetpack says it is offline, I notice it was actually offline. So friends and guests, does this happen to you?
happened to me while using naija hosting companies.
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Incrizz(f): 9:38am On Mar 01, 2017
georgen2u:
I know of a particular host that goes offline at night just like we humans sleeps, I was shocked for two days it happens during the time I was running upgrade I had to run go get a VPS outside Nigeria

Lol!! shocked
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by exlinkleads(f): 9:56am On Mar 01, 2017
SweetBoyFriend:

how can this question be dumb? Your answer shows that your dumber than the question

Answer him and stop winging.

after all. research about Nairaland, you will see were their forum is hosted and not in Nigeria.

jack

Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by djeasy(m): 10:04am On Mar 01, 2017
if you want to Run a Test server... They are very Good. But if you want to run a Serious web site be carefull
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by RALPHOW(m): 10:38am On Mar 01, 2017
goingape1:
not reliable!
They are very unreliable and worst you can not leave them till after six months.
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by jimklef(m): 12:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
i guy i advice not to use nigeria web hosting servers, sign up for this webhosting site is free, php and sql support www.000webhost.com/865914.html,
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Viktor1983(m): 12:39pm On Mar 01, 2017
Pls folks I have a question
Is there any other domain registrar in Nigeria that offers a free email with domain?
I enjoyed 2emails with my domain from DomainKing.ng till they had issues lately...
The two registrars i contacted today do not offer free email.
Suggestions are in order
Thank you
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Dolm(m): 1:05pm On Mar 01, 2017
I think I am getting excited with your responses here. thanks for your counsels. Please pardon me once more and answer this question trusting that the true pals will understand me.
can I pay this foreign web hosts with my naira MasterCard supposing I opt for one of them?
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Jeel: 1:08pm On Mar 01, 2017
Why is nobody talking about utiware
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Naijaaccountwiz: 1:20pm On Mar 01, 2017
Buy naija to grow naija, I use whogohost and their services are quite reliable. I"ll rate them 86%
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by ibietela2(m): 3:33pm On Mar 01, 2017
codedruns2:
i would like to patronise them but considering our electricity issues its obvious the server and hardware will not be hosted in the country, hence the so called web hoster are merely resellers .

i rather cut off the middle man and go to where they buy from. go daddy . undecided

Dedicated Servers and VPS
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by ibietela2(m): 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2017
There's difference between DEDICATED SERVER, VPS and RESELLER

How can we grow the country? Instead of investing in us, since we have brought the services closer.

I know how some of this hosts in Nigeria suck.

I recently moved a friend from Whogohost to a VPS. It took 5 days to achieve this with a fresh wordpress installation
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by ibietela2(m): 3:47pm On Mar 01, 2017
Dolm:
I think I am getting excited with your responses here. thanks for your counsels. Please pardon me once more and answer this question trusting that the true pals will understand me.
can I pay this foreign web hosts with my naira MasterCard supposing I opt for one of them?

If you are lucky your card has not been blocked
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Canme4u(m): 10:50pm On Mar 01, 2017
ibietela2:
There's difference between DEDICATED SERVER, VPS and RESELLER

How can we grow the country? Instead of investing in us, since we have brought the services closer.

I know how some of this hosts in Nigeria suck.

I recently moved a friend from Whogohost to a VPS. It took 5 days to achieve this with a fresh wordpress installation
What are the difference bro?
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by ibietela2(m): 3:51pm On Mar 02, 2017
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by emmydee(m): 1:06am On Mar 15, 2017
mobolaji88:
trust me OP, u may end up in frustration. but whogohost has d least probability of frustrating you.
I was having issues with my webhost then I decided to move my site to whogohost. That was my undoing. As I write, my site is DOWN! and has been down for the past 5 days! Why? Whogohost sent me an invoice towards the expiration of my domain. I paid for renewal. Then the next day, my site was suspended! Why? Whogohost said I have not paid for hosting. Bullshit! Why didn't you give me my total bill at first? Why did you have to send me a bill just for domain renewal since they both expire on the same day? Ok. I paid for the hosting and 2 days going, my site remains suspended. Why? Useless whogohost said they are yet to confirm my payment! Why did it take them less than 3hrs to confirm the payment for domain renewal and it is taking them 2 days and more to confirm that of hosting? Am simply fed up with whogohost. I no wan host again!
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Nobody: 6:26am On Mar 15, 2017
emmydee:
I was having issues with my webhost then I decided to move my site to whogohost. That was my undoing. As I write, my site is DOWN! and has been down for the past 5 days! Why? Whogohost sent me an invoice towards the expiration of my domain. I paid for renewal. Then the next day, my site was suspended! Why? Whogohost said I have not paid for hosting. Bullshit! Why didn't you give me my total bill at first? Why did you have to send me a bill just for domain renewal since they both expire on the same day? Ok. I paid for the hosting and 2 days going, my site remains suspended. Why? Useless whogohost said they are yet to confirm my payment! Why did it take them less than 3hrs to confirm the payment for domain renewal and it is taking them 2 days and more to confirm that of hosting? Am simply fed up with whogohost. I no wan host again!

If it's a foreign hosting company, they will attend to you in a jiffy but 9ja ahhhhhh, if you never complain, insult there mama threaten to sue them they will not be moved.
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 15, 2017
emmydee:
I was having issues with my webhost then I decided to move my site to whogohost. That was my undoing. As I write, my site is DOWN! and has been down for the past 5 days! Why? I paid for renewal. Then the next day, my site was suspended! Why? Whogohost said I have not paid for hosting. Bullshit! Why didn't you give me my total bill at first? Why did you have to send me a bill just for domain renewal since they both expire on the same day? Ok. I paid for the hosting and 2 days going, my site remains suspended. Why? Useless whogohost said they are yet to confirm my payment! Why did it take them less than 3hrs to confirm the payment for domain renewal and it is taking them 2 days and more to confirm that of hosting? Am simply fed up with whogohost. I no wan host again!
kiss welcome to the nonsense world of Nigerian hosting companies. its been over 3weeks since i registered and paid over 7k for a domain nd hosting plan, my broda, domain nt working, hosting...dash!
Re: How Reliable Are Nigerian Web Hosting Companies? by kesmalindo(m): 8:24am On Jul 03, 2017
Donald3d:
I use whogohost and they are cool .Their affiliate program is also awesome !
really?

How To Move From Blogger To Wordpress / Ever Seen The Source Code Of Google.com? / Blog Commenting Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)