Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,702 members, 7,809,666 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:46 PM

Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff (4449 Views)

Deworming In Dogs! How To Get The Best Results .. / Bullmastiff Pure Breed Puppies For Sale In Jos Plateau. / A Thread On My Bullmastiff And My Boerboel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by oyeyipow(m): 10:57am On Feb 28, 2017
Hello guys. So I've always been a dog lover, never had the opportunity to keep one tho. Space and time being the major problems. Last December a combination of somethings made me get one eventually. Did my research and felt a bull mastiff was best for me. She came in at almost 6 weeks, she'll be 10 weeks by Friday. I've been feeding her Binggo dry dog food(i soak it) and I occasionally mix with boiled fish (panla).

So this is it,
I don't know if I'm overfeeding of under feeding her. How do I determine this?
How do I stop habits I don't want, people suggested spanking her but I don't want this. She play bites a lot and throws her water away always. How can I stop these habits?
With little research I've been able to teach her to sit, I would appreciate tips on how to teach more obedience?
She looks chubby but I don't feel she's growing tall, does she look ok for a 10 weeks old mastiff?
I would also appreciate tips on how to help her grow faster. She's vaccinated and Dewormed up to date, and gets her multivitamin daily.

Behold my girl "lala".

2 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by oyeyipow(m): 11:01am On Feb 28, 2017
More pictures

Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by oyeyipow(m): 11:04am On Feb 28, 2017
Oga Seun and other experienced breeders, please help a brother.
Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by priestcharm(m): 11:28am On Feb 28, 2017
you are doing a great job with her.
never spank her to stop unwanted habit...Always tell her NO when she indulges in one and take her away from it,if she touches what you don't approve or gently take it away from her and say NO. with time she will associate NO to mean disapproval...
Other obedience training you can teach are: Stop, come here., leave it and very importantly, teach her table manners. She shouldn't touch her food till you say Eat

2 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by oyeyipow(m): 11:37am On Feb 28, 2017
priestcharm:
you are doing a great job with her.
never spank her to stop unwanted habit...Always tell her NO when she indulges in one and take her away from it,if she touches what you don't approve or gently take it away from her and say NO. with time she will associate NO to mean disapproval...
Other obedience training you can teach are: Stop, come here., leave it and very importantly, teach her table manners. She shouldn't touch her food till you say Eat

Thanks bro, that last one may be hard o. I make sure she sits b4 I give her food but once I drop it, she dashes to the plate. Ill try tho.
Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by priestcharm(m): 11:40am On Feb 28, 2017
oyeyipow:

Thanks bro, that last one may be hard o. I make sure she sits b4 I give her food but once I drop it, she dashes to the plate. Ill try tho.
Yeah be ready to stop her with your Palm in front of her and tell her Stay...
It works like magic. once she stays for like 2 seconds release your Palm from her face and say eat... With time she will always wait for you to say eat before she Ventures for the food

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by oyeyipow(m): 10:17pm On Feb 28, 2017
More opinions needed guys, please help out.
Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by Iseoluwani: 7:38pm On Mar 02, 2017
oyeyipow:
Hello guys. So I've always been a dog lover, never had the opportunity to keep one tho. Space and time being the major problems. Last December a combination of somethings made me get one eventually. Did my research and felt a bull mastiff was best for me. She came in at almost 6 weeks, she'll be 10 weeks by Friday. I've been feeding her Binggo dry dog food(i soak it) and I occasionally mix with boiled fish (panla).

So this is it,
How do I stop habits I don't want, people suggested spanking her but I don't want this. She play bites a lot and throws her water away always. How can I stop these habits?
With little research I've been able to teach her to sit, I would appreciate tips on how to teach more obedience?
She looks chubby but I don't feel she's growing tall, does she look ok for a 10 weeks old mastiff?
I would also appreciate tips on how to help her grow faster. She's vaccinated and Dewormed up to date, and gets her multivitamin daily.

Behold my girl "lala".

Pls how much did you get this wonderful creature and where
Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by oyeyipow(m): 10:10pm On Mar 02, 2017
Iseoluwani:

Pls how much did you get this wonderful creature and where

From jos, 60k. Based on my relationship with d breeder. I think he has one male left, and lovely Neapolitans too.
Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by Iseoluwani: 1:41pm On Mar 03, 2017
oyeyipow:

From jos, 60k. Based on my relationship with d breeder. I think he has one male left, and lovely Neapolitans too.

OK thanks.
Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by aywhy93(m): 11:20pm On Mar 03, 2017
oyeyipow:

So this is it,

Behold my girl "lala".

When I read all this, I felt as if it was a second version of me typing this, right from how you loved dogs and no time and space, to how you got the dog, the age of the dog, how she does, etc

I've always loved dogs as well and I finally made the move on the 18th of Feb, 2017. When I got my dog, she was 8 weeks then, just the same age with yours, she'll be 10 weeks old tomorrow, though mine is a South African Mastiff. She pours away her water and any food she doesn't want to eat. The only command she knows for sure so far is sit, it only took her a few hours training from me to get that and she had been responding well to the command, 95%..!

On the feeding part, I just got her Bingo dry feeds today, I'll give her tomorrow and I pray she'll eat it Cuz she's been selective lately. I bought a crate of egg, a big Sachet of milk, I give her 2 eggs everyday, cooked and raw, with milk in addition to her food. So far, she's gotten really tall, big and fat that people most times don't believe she's not 10 weeks old yet. This makes me happy!

Your dog is fat and chubby but not tall. Bull mastiff are always like that, they don't get that tall compared to most other mastiffs, they are known to be chubby and kinda muscular, so I think your bull mastiff is okay at 10 weeks. I won't post pics of mine because I don't want you to compare yours and think your dog isn't growing when it's obvious she's growing as per her breed is concerned.

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by sinadrey: 11:30pm On Mar 03, 2017
Kindly do so... Attach a picture.. It might be of help to another breeder
aywhy93:

When I read all this, I felt as if it was a second version of me typing this, right from how you loved dogs and no time and space, to how you got the dog, the age of the dog, how she does, etc

I've always loved dogs as well and I finally made the move on the 18th of Feb, 2017. When I got my dog, she was 8 weeks then, just the same age with yours, she'll be 10 weeks old tomorrow, though mine is a South African Mastiff. She pours away her water and any food she doesn't want to eat. The only command she knows for sure so far is sit, it only took her a few hours training from me to get that and she had been responding well to the command, 95%..!

On the feeding part, I just got her Bingo dry feeds today, I'll give her tomorrow and I pray she'll eat it Cuz she's been selective lately. I bought a crate of egg, a big Sachet of milk, I give her 2 eggs everyday, cooked and raw, with milk in addition to her food. So far, she's gotten really tall, big and fat that people most times don't believe she's not 10 weeks old yet. This makes me happy!

Your dog is fat and chubby but not tall. Bull mastiff are always like that, they don't get that tall compared to most other mastiffs, they are known to be chubby and kinda muscular, so I think your bull mastiff is okay at 10 weeks. I won't post pics of mine because I don't want you to compare yours and think your dog isn't growing when it's obvious she's growing as per her breed is concerned.
Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by aywhy93(m): 1:16am On Mar 04, 2017
sinadrey:
Kindly do so... Attach a picture.. It might be of help to another breeder

First time I'll show her online..!

Everyone, meet Trixie..!

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by Ochiske(m): 7:31am On Mar 04, 2017
aywhy93:

This egg thing, how do you feed your dog eggs? Raw eggs or cooked?
Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by aywhy93(m): 11:38am On Mar 04, 2017
Ochiske:

This egg thing, how do you feed your dog eggs? Raw eggs or cooked?

In the morning, or whenever she wants to eat noodles, I cook the egg with the noodles, cut it into small visible pieces inside the noodles and mix it up. she eats everything up while searching for the eggs.

In the evening, mostly after playing and walking around the house, I break a raw egg into her bowl, pour some milk and mix it up, sometimes, I cut in Apple, banana or any of her favourite fruits and mix it up. she'll lick the bowl clean.!

The thing is try to stick to one egg a day.. I'll be reducing it to one too so she won't be obese, but I want a good, healthy and gallant dog and now (puppyhood) is when they have all the time and opportunity to grow, so feed it well.

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by oyeyipow(m): 12:24pm On Mar 04, 2017
aywhy93:

Everyone, meet Trixie..!

Wow... Ure correct o. Ur dog makes mine look like a dwarf. She's not eating Binggo and I just bought a 10kg bag. I'm trying chicken intestines mixed with the bingo Now, she just eats the intestines and leaves d Binggo. I tried d the raw eggs too and she was purging so I stopped.
Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by aywhy93(m): 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2017
oyeyipow:

Wow... Ure correct o. Ur dog makes mine look like a dwarf. She's not eating Binggo and I just bought a 10kg bag. I'm trying chicken intestines mixed with the bingo Now, she just eats the intestines and leaves d Binggo. I tried d the raw eggs too and she was purging so I stopped.

I've spent a lot of money on different formula and food and my dog will not eat it. That's why I bought 5kg Binggo to test, I'm so happy that she likes eat and eat it rush rush... lol

These dogs are puppies and the have new or maybe almost unused digestive system, they are not used to most of these foods, so you need to try different ways, and give her time to get used to the food. I don't think it's the raw egg that's making your dog purge but you can try cooked one. It's better she get used to it though Cuz she will need it for safe and stress-free delivery during childbirth.
Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by oyeyipow(m): 3:35pm On Mar 04, 2017
aywhy93:

I've spent a lot of money on different formula and food and my dog will not eat it. That's why I bought 5kg Binggo to test, I'm so happy that she likes eat and eat it rush rush... lol

These dogs are puppies and the have new or maybe almost unused digestive system, they are not used to most of these foods, so you need to try different ways, and give her time to get used to the food. I don't think it's the raw egg that's making your dog purge but you can try cooked one. It's better she get used to it though Cuz she will need it for safe and stress-free delivery during childbirth.

I 1st bought 5kg of Binggo she finished it and ate well. It's when I bought 10kg she suddenly changed.
Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by Scrooge(m): 4:26pm On Jun 22, 2017
Pls post a recent picture of lala
Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by Coyotejack(m): 11:46am On Jun 23, 2017
aywhy93:

Everyone, meet Trixie..!

If u decided to breed will need a pup from Trixie's litter

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by oyeyipow(m): 3:25pm On Jun 23, 2017
Recent pics

3 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by oyeyipow(m): 3:31pm On Jun 23, 2017
Another

Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by oyeyipow(m): 3:41pm On Jun 23, 2017
More

Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by oyeyipow(m): 3:45pm On Jun 23, 2017
Lala

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by oyeyipow(m): 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2017
Food time

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by oyeyipow(m): 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
aywhy93:

Everyone, meet Trixie..!

Bro let's see how Trixie looks now.
Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by Scrooge(m): 4:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
I love the deep furrows on her face and the fact that you didn't dock her tail... thumbs up..!

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by Mccollins042(m): 10:20pm On Jun 23, 2017
Nice pups, please i would love to see updates of lala and trixie as they grow

2 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by aywhy93(m): 5:27pm On Jun 28, 2017
Coyotejack:

If u decided to breed will need a pup from Trixie's litter

Sure, I will. When She gets really Ripe to have Babies..! wink

No Problem. I've been busy lately but I will open a thread for her soon. Watch out! cool

1 Like

Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by aywhy93(m): 5:32pm On Jun 28, 2017
oyeyipow:

Bro let's see how Trixie looks now.

Bro... Lala is now grown ooh and she's doing really fine. Thumbs up..! She looks so Bullymastiffy now grin . Same with Trixie here, she's as troublesome as hell now. Don't worry, I'll upload her pics ASAP.

2 Likes

Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 29, 2017
I love dogs. Wish I had time for dogs as I am currently schooling, and the landlord doesn't look like someone who would like pets
Re: Tips On How To Get Best Results From My Bullmastiff by lahit14(m): 8:55pm On Jul 01, 2017
I love BM's so much, I own one too, a super girl... Take good care of her.... Do u give her any multivitamin tabs, if u do, which one? Cheers?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Young Girl In Bath Washes Crocodile's Teeth With A Toothbrush In Indonesia(Pics) / Feeding Dog With Fish Food. Experience Member Should Please Help. / U Will Shout HALLELUYAH Wen U See The Female Caucasian Puppies...for Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.