Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network (23561 Views)

Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? / No More Poor Network As Nigerians Introduces New "Super SIM Card" / 9mobile's Poor Network Is Gradually Being Resolved In Some Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Joettti: 7:23am On Mar 01, 2017
Reading comments but still finding it difficult to see d correlation btw xenophobic and network? Happy New month NL in btw remain holy its ash wednesday!!!V
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Moreoffaith(m): 7:23am On Mar 01, 2017
I no kuku dey load credit for una line again.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Nobody: 7:25am On Mar 01, 2017
obyrich:
Hi bro don't argue if you don't have sufficient information. Ericsson GNOC has been move from Lagos to India since last year. I think Airtel GNOC has also been moved to India this February. Now Ericsson and Huawei outsourced former Airtel and MTN staff Engineers. Many things have gone wrong in this country.

Where is NBC when you need them.

And Lai Muhammad is busy querying why BBNaija is shot in South Africa
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Chanchit: 7:27am On Mar 01, 2017
I thought I was the only one. it was very poor yesterday. coupled with the fact that I just got the phone and mtn has never been so poor on my last phone, I thought the new phone has network problem.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Hoodfriend(m): 7:29am On Mar 01, 2017
Are there trying to be loyal?....are we just experiencing bad network for the first time?
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 01, 2017
See mtn has started forming like their poor network is anything new.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Akaewu: 7:30am On Mar 01, 2017
MARKone:
At least they are Apologising. I wonder when Our very own GLO will tell us what da Hell!! is wrong with their Network, close to 2 yrs now, Crappy GLO undecided

They
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Akaewu: 7:31am On Mar 01, 2017
MARKone:
At least they are Apologising. I wonder when Our very own GLO will tell us what da Hell!! is wrong with their Network, close to 2 yrs now, Crappy GLO undecided

They moved their GNOC to DAura ranch somewhere in the northern part of this country
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by anyicash(m): 7:37am On Mar 01, 2017
nonsense making fp since time immemorial.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by obyrich(m): 7:37am On Mar 01, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
you that have sufficient information,please could you provide source?
I'm in the industry. I'm a Telecom engineer. I need not speak further.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by obyrich(m): 7:40am On Mar 01, 2017
kenonze:

Where is NBC when you need them.

And Lai Muhammad is busy querying why BBNaija is shot in South Africa

Don't mind the fools in power. I am hating them with each passing day.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Nobody: 7:41am On Mar 01, 2017
I have been experiencing poor network from MTN since 2003 that I bought their Sim.

Their poor network is chronic.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Revolva(m): 7:42am On Mar 01, 2017
wash what has xenophobic gotta do wif dis
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by MozB: 7:46am On Mar 01, 2017
OP deserves to be floggged... And the post even come FP... Admins make una work well o
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by progress69: 7:59am On Mar 01, 2017
abumeinben:
grin
I blame the government for poor network. For allowing contract jobs in the Telecom industry. For allowing Indians and Chinese take our jobs to India. For being so corrupt that they take bribes from them when they don't have work permit.

MTN network is monitored from India. Imagine them telling field engineers how to resolve a Fault. If you know how Indians speak, you'll know what I mean.
Indians would kill MTN network, just like they did Celtel in the past.

All the same, shame on our government angry

Stop saying what u don't know. Most of MTNs sites are monitored from IHS head office in Victoria Island. They are having transmission problems.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by babyfaceafrica: 8:22am On Mar 01, 2017
obyrich:
I'm in the industry. I'm a Telecom engineer. I need not speak further.
anyone can say that in a faceless forum
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by sagbar(m): 8:23am On Mar 01, 2017
progress69:

Stop saying what u don't know. Most of MTNs sites are monitored from IHS head office in Victoria Island. They are having transmission problems.
Are you sure IHS monitors active equipments? I thought IHS deals majorly on the monitoring of passive equipments. This Problem from MTN must be from their core network. Greater percentage of their subscribers are affected.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by MONITZ: 8:39am On Mar 01, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
you that have sufficient information,please could you provide source?

Somebody is saying a thing which he appears to know(...)a few persons even went ahead to corroborate his assertion and u re still asking for a source? The funny thing is, some persons know somethings which re not be attributable to any source bt re actually very correct, so it behoves u to read between the lines and take Wat u think is sensible or clear enough.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by babyfaceafrica: 8:42am On Mar 01, 2017
MONITZ:

Somebody is saying a thing which he appears to know(...)a few persons even went ahead to corroborate his assertion and u re still asking for a source? The funny thing is, some persons know somethings which re not be attributable to any source bt re actually very correct, so it behoves u to read between the lines and take Wat u think it sensible or clear enough.
am sorry,this is social media,I don't believe everything just because someone claims to know.. This is a faceless forum..a cobbler can claim to be a banker...where are his sources?
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 01, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
am sorry,this is social media,I don't believe everything just because someone claims to know.. This is a faceless forum..a cobbler can claim to be a banker...where are his sources?

He's right, I was tempted to drop the phone number of ericsson LNOC for you to call and confirm.

On second thought, I figured out its not necessary. Your belief/disbelief changes nothing.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by babyfaceafrica: 8:55am On Mar 01, 2017
rationalmind:

He's right, I was tempted to drop the phone number of ericsson LNOC for you to call and confirm.

On second thought, I figured out its not necessary. Your belief/disbelief changes nothing.
Good
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 01, 2017
Hmm

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Gbade60: 9:18am On Mar 01, 2017
abumeinben:
grin
I blame the government for poor network. For allowing contract jobs in the Telecom industry. For allowing Indians and Chinese take our jobs to India. For being so corrupt that they take bribes from them when they don't have work permit.

MTN network is monitored from India. Imagine them telling field engineers how to resolve a Fault. If you know how Indians speak, you'll know what I mean.

That's erroneous. The network is being monitored from VI. Lagos here. The company handling this is IHS Nigeria. Don't think you know the company, they further subcontract it to other Nigerian Companies e.g Comenergy, Biswal, IPT, MPI, Uppercrest, Makasa, Snowview etc.
These companies have field engineers ready to handle fault resolutions on their sites and NOC engineers stationed at the office to report faults and escalate quickly to the field engineers. So I really don't know where you get your information of the network being monitored from India
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Gbade60: 9:21am On Mar 01, 2017
abumeinben:
grin

That's erroneous. The network is being monitored from VI. Lagos here. The company handling this is IHS Nigeria. Don't think you know the company, they further subcontract it to other Nigerian Companies e.g Comenergy, Biswal, IPT, MPI, Uppercrest, Makasa, Snowview etc.
These companies have field engineers ready to handle fault resolutions on their sites and NOC engineers stationed at the office to report faults and escalate quickly to the field engineers. So I really don't know where you get your information of the network being monitored from India
sagbar:

Are you sure IHS monitors active equipments? I thought IHS deals majorly on the monitoring of passive equipments. This Problem from MTN must be from their core network. Greater percentage of their subscribers are affected.

The issue is a fibre cut which is an active issue not a passive one. They re going to resolve it soon
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 01, 2017
For the past 2 days now MTN network has been unbearable. Their 4g is practically unusable but their 3g works. In fact even with the problem they have right now their 3g is still more reliable than glo (at least for me). MTN 3g with problems is giving me the same speed as ntel at full throttle... How ironic. So whoever is using MTN 4g, pls swicth to 3g for now until they rectify the problem. If u are using their 4g modem, switch to only 3g and u can still browse at considerable speed.

Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by chinex276(m): 9:44am On Mar 01, 2017
I can swear that op is high on something very rear!
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 01, 2017
na 3G netwk dey always suffer when dis people are doing nonsense, y cant it b 3g dat will b fluctuating while 3g is stable?
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by stanlink(m): 9:54am On Mar 01, 2017
adeniyilamlek:
what type of weed u are smoking?

Local Warri weed I guess
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by ekwii: 9:59am On Mar 01, 2017
Is that also reason to clear peoples credit from their line. I loaded 1k worth of mtn only for mtn to wipe out all the credit and be telling me story of apologizing for poor network. It is very bad
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by obyrich(m): 11:05am On Mar 01, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
anyone can say that in a faceless forum
What will it benefit me if it was a wrong assertion? Are Telecom engineers the richest, most intelligent or most revered professionals to warrant me claiming to be one if I were not? Take it or leave it I am in the industry and have first hand experience of the issues raised here.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: MTN Releases Statement Over Poor Network by talk2saintify(m): 11:15am On Mar 01, 2017
like seriously wanted to post a trend similar to this

MTN so freaking weaki this days

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Spot A Fake LG G3 / Which Phone Is The Best For 100k Or Slightly More / Please Recommend A New Phone For 50K Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.