Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,910 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? (20287 Views)

CBN Offers Automatic Employment To Ebonyi First-Class Graduates Of Economics / Open Letter To Second Class And Third Class Graduates / Open Letter To All First Class Graduates – "Dear First Class Graduates” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Maj196(m): 11:37am On Mar 01, 2017
Life isn't always what it seems or ought to be. Having a good grade doesn't mean u gonna be successful later on and having a bad grade doesn't mean u r not gonna be successful later on. But y so much emphasis on certificate in Nigeria sef? The most successful people reason way beyond just some paperwork. If you need a job go out there and connect with people to help you out.

1 Like

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by AreaFada2: 11:42am On Mar 01, 2017
DMeanMan:
Nigerians know how to bring God into every subject.

Like, are we that retarded?
lipsrsealed

That is why we find it hard to excel.

Is it God that built aeroplanes, massive ship, super computers or do complicated surgeries? No.

It is people who use their God-given mind/intelligence/resourcefulness to reach intellectual & practical heights in delivering the goodies for human progress.

We always quote God when abdicating the responsibilities God has given us by giving the natural gifts (both human and material resources) we have & squander.

1 Like

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Johnnyessence(m): 11:55am On Mar 01, 2017
mstemmy:
i finished 2015 and served 2016,i know of a mate dat finished with 3rd class,he hasnt served yet but hes working with an engineering firm and he is bn paid well,am even begging him,if he can help me with a slot....Dat one nko,we both graduted from chemical engineeeing dept....
Currently in Nigeria,its no longer about grades its about connection,cos in in dat my set our first class graduate still dey hause o she dey jib hunt.
oga ooooo. So far from the comments so far to get naija jobs na connection and God ooo.

1 Like

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by kachiz(m): 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2017
DMeanMan:

If a first class graduate has God
And a 3rd class graduate has God

Who will get the Job? undecided

Lol. Good question
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Phunkyposh(f): 12:48pm On Mar 01, 2017
DMeanMan:

Both
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by kennydotkom(m): 12:52pm On Mar 01, 2017
Hemanwel:
HE shows mercy on whom HE wishes to show mercy. It still boils down to the God factor. I am not a yoruba man but, yoruba people say: "bi o se wun Oluwa ni n se ola e".

Ogbeni. Sebi iu said u no be yoruba ?? Nawa oo see ur proverb. Ke
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by mayorwah98(m): 12:53pm On Mar 01, 2017
kennydotkom:

Ogbeni. Sebi iu said u no be yoruba ?? Nawa oo see ur proverb. Ke
CORRECT
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 01, 2017
When is 2.2 a bad grade? What's bad or poor grade.?

2 Likes

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by nkemjacob2(m): 1:47pm On Mar 01, 2017
Israeljones:

bros its not really about the grades nw... NIGERIA has gone deeper and even worst than that... graduates with higher grades are still struggling big time... even some of the graduates with 2.2 are getting employed even b4 the ones with the higher grades...
Connection is just the issue yu shud talk abt... you mite av read alot of post abt hw to get a job in this country which i can categorically tell yu they are not always tru, some will even tell yu connection doesnt matter... this is a fat lie,, except you are the extremely lucky one..
Knowing people leads to connection which increases ur chance of bin employed.. Forget the grades for now sir....
NIGERIA IS REALLY IN A MESS RIGHT NOW..
Our fathers and mothers have sold this generation future by making the wrong choice for this country in the past which is now hunting us greatly... Its just a pity we are now making the same mistake...

.... bros just pray.....
God bless u for dis comment... Nigeria has collapsed
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by dxdiag(m): 3:49pm On Mar 01, 2017
Connection or no connection, grade or no grade what can you do for yourself, ......

Most thing we learn in school die in school. our education system only taught us to get the grade and certificate and not how to be self reliant when the certificates/grade can't help. That more reason why you see we can't invent anything upon all the cramming and formulars thought while in school. our youth re wasting away due to the orientation of get the certificate and you qualify automatically for work, meanwhile in the real world the job is no where to be found.
We need to acquire skill apart from the certificate to develop ourself and contribute our quota to the economy, only then can Nigeria be great.
Nigeria youth think.
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by XaintJoel20: 4:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
ToriBlue:
The worst thing that can happen to a Nigerian graduate is to graduate with anything below 2.1.

Especially if you don't have connection.

Lies...
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by lawnreigh(m): 4:36pm On Mar 01, 2017
ToriBlue:
The worst thing that can happen to a Nigerian graduate is to graduate with anything below 2.1.

Stop spewing trash it all boils down to your person, I have never had it easy in life but I always strife to grind it out and create way for myself. I graduated with a 2.2 and I‘m doing fine atleast for now. What I did was simple, I left the normal path(My university degree) and develop myself By learning foreign language which has been My selling point since then and funny as it may sound getting a Job is the least of all My worries, so don't hastily generalize and don't tie yourself down to certificates, there is more to life dear
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by hisMrs(f): 4:47pm On Mar 01, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
I will explain

To be honest, your grade matters especially when then have requested specifically for a particular grade. Aside that, your grade becomes useless as poo!

If there is something that matters more to an employer especially during this recession period, it is someone who has the skill and wouldn't require much training.

If you have those hard skills... Whether you are 2.2 or 3.2, once you can show them that you got it, they will dump a first class graduate without skill and rush after you.

Read http://topwritersden.com/open-letter-of-a-working-graduate-to-his-jobless-past/ and know what I mean.
i have never put my grade on my CV and all the interviews i have attended only one has asked about my grade. your grade does not matter. it is what you can do that matters
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by hisMrs(f): 4:49pm On Mar 01, 2017
DMeanMan:

Grace is what will speak at this point. they both may have God but the grace of God upon them may not be d same level. like in the case of ESAU and Jacob

1 Like

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by hisMrs(f): 4:54pm On Mar 01, 2017
ToriBlue:

iono abt that o
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by hisMrs(f): 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2017
ALAYORMII:
Certification dependency in Nigeria is just not the way forward

its not at all.
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by bidosko(m): 4:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
DMeanMan:

both
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by BiafranBushBoy: 4:56pm On Mar 01, 2017
hisMrs:

i have never put my grade on my CV and all the interviews i have attended only one has asked about my grade. your grade does not matter. it is what you can do that matters

Funny Nick you gat here!

Thanks for confirming my stance. smiley

1 Like

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by stevups(m): 8:14pm On Mar 01, 2017
just speechless. i got my job without interview.
Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by buddyosan: 9:35pm On Mar 01, 2017
I work with a multunational firm with formations across Nigeria.Though I had a 2.1,I never submitted any CV or indicated I had a 2.1.All they just know is that I'm a graduate.Grade is useless,in fact certificate is worthless in this age.It's hands-on skills that matter now

1 Like

Re: 2.2 And Lower Class Graduates.. How Much Of Job Offers Do They Hit? by Jasiro: 10:53pm On Mar 01, 2017
buddyosan:
I work with a multunational firm with formations across Nigeria.Though I had a 2.1,I never submitted any CV or indicated I had a 2.1.All they just know is that I'm a graduate.Grade is useless,in fact certificate is worthless in this age.It's hands-on skills that matter now
Abeg bro advice me, which hands-on skills should i learn?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Agxis Human Resources / Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2018, Imam, Others To Be Recruited / 2020 Global Graduate Programme At British American Tobacco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.