Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,441 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize (2406 Views)

Olisa Metuh’s Trial: Jonathan Fails To Appear Before Court / PDP Former Ministers Pay Sallah Visit To Ex-president Jonathan (photos) / President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by Nobody: 3:39am On Mar 01, 2017
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has failed to win the 2016 edition of the Mo Ibrahim Prize For Achievement in African Leadership. Apart from the former Nigerian leader, the Mo Ibrahim Foundation (MIF) says that no other former African Head of State is qualified to receive the prize this year.

Africanews, quoting the Prize Committee chairman, reports that this is the second year running that the $5m cash Prize has not been awarded due to former leaders in the continent not meeting the high standards and criteria that it holds.

“As I emphasise each year, a very high bar was deliberately set when the Prize was launched in 2006. We recognise and applaud the important contributions that many African leaders have made to change their countries for the better.
“But the Prize is intended to highlight and celebrate truly exceptional leadership, which is uncommon by its very definition. After careful consideration, the Committee has decided not to award the Prize in 2016.”
Dr Salim Ahmed Salim, the Prize Committee chairman said.

Just as there is no winner for 2016, there were no winners for four previous years – 2009, 2010, 2012 2013 and 2015.

The candidates for the Mo Ibrahim Prize are chosen based on the following criteria:

Former African executive head of state or government
Left office in the last three calendar years (2014-2016).
Democratically elected
Served his/her constitutionally mandated term
Demonstrated exceptional leadership.

Goodluck Jonathan left the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in May 2015 after suffering a historic defeat in the hands of current President Muhammadu Buhari. Despite his electoral misfortune, he has conspicuously been equated with exemplary leadership mostly as a result of the peaceful transition of power that marked the end of his tenure, with many commentators consequently describing him as a man of peace and one of the continent’s finest democrats.
https://ezeja.com/news/2017/03/01/former-president-jonathan-fails-win-5m-mo-ibrahim-prize/

3 Likes

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by Davash222(m): 3:43am On Mar 01, 2017
AbujaBoss:

“But the Prize is intended to highlight and celebrate truly exceptional leadership, which is uncommon by its very definition. After careful consideration, the Committee has decided not to award the Prize in 2016.”

Fraudsters!!!

GEJ

Former African executive head of state or Government.. 100%

Left office in the last three calendar years (2014-2016)...100%

Democratically elected...100%

Served his/her constitutionally mandated term..101%

Demonstrated exceptional leadership..(even zone Bs can attest to this) 101%

2 Likes

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by sarrki(m): 3:45am On Mar 01, 2017
To Relinquish power easily he deserves it

I think what nullified him is the house if corruption

It was just too much

During his Era we saw sudden billionaires that can't keep up now

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by sarrki(m): 3:46am On Mar 01, 2017
Davash222:

You go write long epistle now

Let me tell you

It's not Nigeria award ooo

2 Likes

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by Davash222(m): 3:48am On Mar 01, 2017
sarrki:

You go write long epistle now

Let me tell you

It's not Nigeria award ooo

Write long epistle

Nah, just pointing out errors from your people.
Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by sarrki(m): 3:53am On Mar 01, 2017
Davash222:

You Don do am again

3 Likes

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by Shadrackmadu(m): 4:03am On Mar 01, 2017
[/color][img][/img][color=#990000][size=8pt][/size]
AbujaBoss:
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has failed to win the 2016 edition of the Mo Ibrahim Prize For Achievement in African Leadership. Apart from the former Nigerian leader, the Mo Ibrahim Foundation (MIF) says that no other former African Head of State is qualified to receive the prize this year.

Africanews, quoting the Prize Committee chairman, reports that this is the second year running that the $5m cash Prize has not been awarded due to former leaders in the continent not meeting the high standards and criteria that it holds.

“As I emphasise each year, a very high bar was deliberately set when the Prize was launched in 2006. We recognise and applaud the important contributions that many African leaders have made to change their countries for the better.
Dr Salim Ahmed Salim, the Prize Committee chairman said.

Just as there is no winner for 2016, there were no winners for four previous years – 2009, 2010, 2012 2013 and 2015.

The candidates for the Mo Ibrahim Prize are chosen based on the following criteria:

Former African executive head of state or government
Left office in the last three calendar years (2014-2016).
Democratically elected
Served his/her constitutionally mandated term
Demonstrated exceptional leadership.

Goodluck Jonathan left the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in May 2015 after suffering a historic defeat in the hands of current President Muhammadu Buhari. Despite his electoral misfortune, he has conspicuously been equated with exemplary leadership mostly as a result of the peaceful transition of power that marked the end of his tenure, with many commentators consequently describing him as a man of peace and one of the continent’s finest democrats.
https://ezeja.com/news/2017/03/01/former-president-jonathan-fails-win-5m-mo-ibrahim-prize/

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by eagleeye2: 4:03am On Mar 01, 2017
sarrki:

It was just too much

Na wao
So the price is only meant for Jonathan. Didn't you read where it stated that NO AFRICAN LEADER WON IT. Abi Jonathan is the only African leader?
I pray your Said Baba completes his tenure, let's see how many international awards he will be winning.
Please stop whining about corruption during GEJ era cos it's not up to what obtained in OBJs administration or IBB regime. Don't even get started with Abacha regime whom your so called messiah gave a clean bill of corruption health.
And we have not forgotten how we were tasked to differentiate between GIFT and BRIBERY.

2 Likes

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by JideAmuGiaka: 4:14am On Mar 01, 2017
sarrki:
It was just too much
Is it true that Buhari is above 80 lolz

1 Like

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by sarrki(m): 4:51am On Mar 01, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

Is it true that Buhari is above 80 lolz

Ask Nnamdi kanu

May be he knows

Shebi unaa say him get gadgets

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by sarrki(m): 4:52am On Mar 01, 2017
eagleeye2:

Na wao
So the price is only meant for Jonathan. Didn't you read where it stated that NO AFRICAN LEADER WON IT. Abi Jonathan is the only African leader?
I pray your Said Baba completes his tenure, let's see how many international awards he will be winning.
Please stop whining about corruption during GEJ era cos it's not up to what obtained in OBJs administration or IBB regime. Don't even get started with Abacha regime whom your so called messiah gave a clean bill of corruption health.
And we have not forgotten how we were tasked to differentiate between GIFT and BRIBERY.

No be talk am nah

Just contributing to the topic

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by eagleeye2: 4:55am On Mar 01, 2017
sarrki:

No be talk am nah

Just contributing to the topic
Same way, I was contributing to topic.
Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by rifasenate11(m): 4:55am On Mar 01, 2017
well I am sure that Buhari who absconded from duty will never meet that criteria at all since GEJ is far better than him.

so let them keep thier money.

zombies over and out.

2 Likes

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by Mynd44: 4:56am On Mar 01, 2017
Davash222:

Fraudsters!!!

GEJ

Former African executive head of state or Government.. 100%

Left office in the last three calendar years (2014-2016)...100%

Democratically elected...100%

Served his/her constitutionally mandated term..101%

Demonstrated exceptional leadership..(even zone Bs can attest to this) 101%
Apparently, they dont think Former President Jonathan is worth poo. Sue them.

With the amount of madness that Uncle Goodluck left behind, I will be shocked if he is given

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by Nobody: 5:01am On Mar 01, 2017
Wonderful...can we rest now?
Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by sarrki(m): 5:03am On Mar 01, 2017
rifasenate11:
well I am sure that Buhari who absconded from duty will never meet that criteria at all since GEJ is far better than him.

so let them keep thier money.

zombies over and out.

Gej will fail as a leader of a small village

He was a really big mistake to become president of Nigeria.

Gej will only win the award of the most corrupt leader in Africa and the world at large

6 Likes

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by sarrki(m): 5:04am On Mar 01, 2017
unclezuma:
Wonderful...can we rest now?

No we can't

Gej ruined our economy

He allowed corruption to thrive

He's very corrupt

Chai Jonah

5 Likes

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by Davash222(m): 5:04am On Mar 01, 2017
Mynd44:

Apparently, they dont think Former President Jonathan is worth poo. Sue them.

With the amount of madness that Uncle Goodluck left behind, I will be shocked if he is given

And you are Okay with Brother Buhari's little madness? It is foolhardy to climb two trees at once just because one has two feet.

1 Like

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by Nobody: 5:12am On Mar 01, 2017
sarrki:

No we can't

Gej ruined our economy

He allowed corruption to thrive

He's very corrupt

Chai Jonah

Don't lose your scrotum over him man...he wasn't the only one; call all spades , spades.

He was a spade what about those before and after him?

Be objective in your hate....and by the way, I doubt he knows you hate him.
Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by rifasenate11(m): 5:15am On Mar 01, 2017
sarrki:

Gej will fail as a leader of a small village

He was a really big mistake to become president of Nigeria.

Gej will only win the award of the most corrupt leader in Africa and the world at large

and PMB is lost in London, he absconded from duty. he failed to fulfil his campaign promises. it was only during his tenure in the history of Nigeria that food becomes a luxury in Nigeria. he knows he can't even perform that's why he hids himself in London. he spent almost a year scrutinizing his cabinet only to employ the worst ever in the entire Nigerian history.
Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by sarrki(m): 5:16am On Mar 01, 2017
rifasenate11:

and PMB is lost in London, he absconded from duty. he failed to fulfil his campaign promises. it was only during his tenure in the history of Nigeria that food becomes a luxury in Nigeria. he knows he can't even perform that's why he hids himself in London. he spent almost a year scrutinizing his cabinet only to employ the worst ever in the entire Nigerian history.

Gej failed humanity and himself

Ask him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by madridguy(m): 5:17am On Mar 01, 2017
Mo Ibrahim award not for a silent dictator like Jonathan.

4 Likes

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by rifasenate11(m): 5:21am On Mar 01, 2017
sarrki:

Gej failed humanity and himself

Ask him

we have asked PMB to give Nigerians a common video speech and he failed. he failed himself and not humanity. the lies are no longer holding.
Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by nextprince: 5:22am On Mar 01, 2017
unclezuma:

[s]Don't lose your scrotum over him man...he wasn't the only one; call all spades , spades.

He was a spade what about those before and after him?

Be objective in your hate....and by the way, I doubt he knows you hate him[/s].

Keep kwayet. Is he no longer the best president in the universe? Thought he was the best thing that ever happen to mankind. Liepods can be so confused.

4 Likes

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by madridguy(m): 5:23am On Mar 01, 2017
He relinquish power because he don't want to have an end like Laurent Gbagbo. GEJ is a silent dictator, the same man invaded the APC Lagos then claiming they were cloning voters card, he did his best to cancel the use of card reader but his grandfather in politics shows him what is politics is all about.
I can bring you more than 10 solid facts why GEJ doesn't deserve the award.

sarrki:

It was just too much

5 Likes

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by Mynd44: 5:24am On Mar 01, 2017
Davash222:

And you are Okay with Brother Buhari's little madness? It is foolhardy to climb two trees at once just because one has two feet.
Funny but President Buhari is not qualified for the prize. He will be judged when he leaves office so he has a chance to create a legacy(good or bad) he will be remembered for

4 Likes

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by Nobody: 5:35am On Mar 01, 2017
nextprince:

Keep kwayet. Is he no longer the best president in the universe? Thought he was the best thing that ever happen to mankind. Liepods can be so confused.

I don't believe he was my good man with the abominable spelling.
I voted Buhari and I did not vote him out of hate or love.
Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by rusher14: 5:47am On Mar 01, 2017
Only because the award cannot be bought, otherwise Jona for don get 12. One for every month of the year.

4 Likes

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by nextprince: 5:50am On Mar 01, 2017
unclezuma:

I don't believe he was my good man with the abominable spelling.
I voted Buhari and I did not vote him out of hate or love.

Which spelling? KWAYET? Hahahahahahahahaha. Small fry, it is deliberate.

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by Nobody: 5:53am On Mar 01, 2017
nextprince:

Which spelling? KWAYET? Hahahahahahahahaha. Small fry, it is deliberate.

Can you just make you point this early morning and move on to others.
Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by nextprince: 5:55am On Mar 01, 2017
rifasenate11:

we have asked PMB to give Nigerians a common video speech and he failed. he failed himself and not humanity. the lies are no longer holding.

Who ask him for video speech? The insignificant 5%? Who takes them serious?

4 Likes

Re: Former President Jonathan Fails To Win The $5m Mo Ibrahim Prize by nextprince: 5:58am On Mar 01, 2017
unclezuma:

Can you just make you point this early morning and move on to others.

Spelling checker, what's this?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Letter From Emir Sanusi To President Buhari / Nigeria Is Not One - South East Legislators (video) / APC taking over Anambra unless...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.