Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,692 members, 7,820,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

How Long Does R134 Refrigerant Last - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Long Does R134 Refrigerant Last (1585 Views)

Sales..........a/c REFRIGERANT 134a .....sales / Recommended Refrigerant Oil / How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does R134 Refrigerant Last by osato45: 12:29am On Oct 30, 2020
My Ac compressor went bad because I entered flood water with it.

Now I replaced the compressor with another fairly used one (tokunbo), I also replaced the condenser with a new one.

My question is, how long would the R134 refrigerant last, when they fill the compressor with gas, if there are no leaks.

Honda accord, discussion continues
Re: How Long Does R134 Refrigerant Last by Elsueno: 11:03am On Oct 30, 2020
Unless the thing dey leak, it's supposed to last a very very long time. Just like ur house A.C

2 Likes

Re: How Long Does R134 Refrigerant Last by cluewebhost(m): 11:41am On Oct 30, 2020
osato45:
My Ac compressor went bad because I entered flood water with it.

Now I replaced the compressor with another fairly used one (tokunbo), I also replaced the condenser with a new one.

My question is, how long would the R134 refrigerant last, when they fill the compressor with gas, if there are no leaks.

Honda accord, discussion continues

3 - 5 years ideally if done properly.

Try using a gas with stop-leak

2 Likes

Re: How Long Does R134 Refrigerant Last by osato45: 12:12pm On Oct 30, 2020
cluewebhost:

please where do I get a quality one that won't condemn my compressor. Or should I change my compressor
Re: How Long Does R134 Refrigerant Last by calculation(m): 1:32pm On Oct 31, 2020
osato45:
please where do I get a quality one that won't condemn my compressor. Or should I change my compressor
Oga check out this thread stated below.

https://www.nairaland.com/4949154/c-refrigerant-high-mileage-vehicles

The seller have good recommendations with quality gas, which is the desire for your issue.
Note : Better soup, na money kill am ooo !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Does R134 Refrigerant Last by Agbabiakara: 3:07pm On Oct 31, 2020
cluewebhost:

Do not use stop leak gas in your ac system because overtime the stop leak element in the gas becomes a restriction in the system that leads to poor cooling and eventually damage of compressor. Endeavor to find and fix the leak appropriately. Note, do not attempt to patch the leakage in condenser, please replace
Re: How Long Does R134 Refrigerant Last by osato45: 4:10pm On Nov 01, 2020
Agbabiakara:
Do not use stop leak gas in your ac system because overtime the stop leak element in the gas becomes a restriction in the system that leads to poor cooling and eventually damage of compressor. Endeavor to find and fix the leak appropriately. Note, do not attempt to patch the leakage in condenser, please replace
okay but why is Gazzzz marketing this stop leak r134a refrigerant knowing fully well it has some attendant effect on the compressor as time passes by.

My ac mech told me a top off would only last 5months
Re: How Long Does R134 Refrigerant Last by 80kobo(m): 6:44pm On Nov 01, 2020
osato45:
okay but why is Gazzzz marketing this stop leak r134a refrigerant knowing fully well it has some attendant effect on the compressor as time passes by.

My ac mech told me a top off would only last 5months

https://gobdp.com/blog/healing-the-stop-leak-reputation/

According to this that was with the older type of stop leaks..

5 months is short, very short.
Probably he needs your money regularly.
Someone needs to vacuum that system ad deal with every leak before you refill.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What's A Good Affordable Car To Buy For A First Timer Plus Tips Etc / Avalon 2014 Reverse Camera � / My Experience With A Popular Air-conditioning Expert On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.