Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,641 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? (3610 Views)

You People Have Succesfully Turn Nairaland To Biafrand / 4 years: What Wrong With You People, Bridges Built By Ondo State Govt / Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Depilot(m): 9:43pm On Dec 13, 2009
Do you think the Izon, Edo, Urhobo, Tiv, Isoko, Esan etc

Is it OK to only speak on what one knows?

I respect all these other groups, but I do not know much about them; therefore it would be unfair and unpleasant for me to say much about them.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by JProspero: 12:12am On Dec 14, 2009
I don't think the South is afraid of the North at all. On the contrary, the North is afraid that it cannot compete with the South if things are done by merit. The only way the North believes it can compete well is if it has a hold on power and is in a position to decide who keeps what.

Another problem is that while other ethnic regions try to project their brighest and best, the North tries to project its mediocre people so long as those people can protect the Northern interest. Imagine the North choosing Tafawa Balewa and Shagari (non-graduates and docile men) to compete with Zik and Awo at a time there were very intelligent and visionary men in the North? Who knew that there were young men of action and vision in the North like el-Rufai and Ribadu if not that Obasanjo brought them out? And look at how sharp and decisive Sanusi is today? But all these men will be available and still the North will bring out one docile person as president because he is more likely to maintain the status quo rather than moving Nigeria forward. That is what the South finds so annoying. I don't care who rules this nation so far as there is electricity, good roads, health care, education etc. Fashola is doing well in Lagos - who cares whether he is Yoruba or Ijaw or Nupe? Marwa did well in Lagos - who cared if he was from Adamawa or Anambra?
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Kobojunkie: 12:13am On Dec 14, 2009
@Poster, you happen to be one of the many on here who blame "ALMIGHTY NORTH" for most of the woes in your area. Why don't you answer the question for us?
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by nduchucks: 12:28am On Dec 14, 2009
JProspero:

Another problem is that while other ethnic regions try to project their brighest and best, the North tries to project its mediocre people so long as those people can protect the Northern interest.  Who knew that there were young men of action and vision in the North like el-Rufai and Ribadu if not that Obasanjo brought them out? And look at how sharp and decisive Sanusi is today? But all these men will be available and still the North will bring out one docile person as president because he is more likely to maintain the status quo rather than moving Nigeria forward. That is what the South finds so annoying.

Eh, there is a small flaw in your analysis. Everyone knows that it was Obasanjo through pdp mechanisms (lead by Bode George), who "imposed" Yar'Adua on the country while the same Ribadu and El-Rufai, whom you claim are presidential material, were available and ready to serve.  Additionally, it was Maurice Iwu, who perfected the rigging of the last presidential election.  If we are to accept your analysis, we'd have to also accept that Obasanjo is a Northerner, Bode George an indigene of Kano, while Iwu is from Maiduguri.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Eziachi: 1:10am On Dec 14, 2009
Please enough of this word "South" or "Southern Solidarity". Where was this southern brotherhood in 1967? Oh no, you were busy allying with the same north with all sorts of evil schemes like starvation of women and children of your fellow so-called southerners. It seems it is south when its convinient, when its time to work and not time to eat. South my foot.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by citizenY(m): 12:26pm On Dec 14, 2009
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by WilyWily: 12:42pm On Dec 14, 2009
toba:

.@wily wily,mind your trashed tongue.Why do u call yorubas saboteurs? Pls dnt start another tribal war on nairaland with your frivolous thinking
Toba, Yorubas are Saboteurs.
No Tribe in the south is Scared of the Dirty Stinking Fulani/Hausa North, collectively we can get rid of them.
But we are Scared of the mighty Saboteur Yorubas in our midst.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Gbawe: 1:59pm On Dec 14, 2009
WilyWily:

Toba, Yorubas are Saboteurs.
No Tribe in the south is Scared of the Dirty Stinking Fulani/Hausa North, collectively we can get rid of them.
But we are Scared of the mighty Saboteur Yorubas in our midst.

You speak as if every Igbo is noble and all Yorubas are treacherous? Does that make sense to you at all? If I were you I would worry about the "saboteurs" in your ranks first. Iwu , Ogbulafor and their ilk , if the cash is right , will be as dangerous to Igbo interest as any Yoruba "saboteur".
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by presido1: 2:01pm On Dec 14, 2009
Gbawe:

You speak as if every Igbo is noble and all Yorubas are treacherous? Does that make sense to you at all? If I were you I would worry about the "saboteurs" in your ranks first. Iwu , Ogbulafor and their ilk , if the cash is right , will be as dangerous to Igbo interest as any Yoruba "saboteur".
Why do u keep on calling Igbo Igbo Igbo, is willy willy from Igboland?. You can't even hide ur hatred for once.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Gbawe: 2:22pm On Dec 14, 2009
presido1:

Why do u keep on calling Igbo Igbo Igbo, is willy willy from Igboland?. You can't even hide your hatred for once.

I have not been a member of this board long enough to know where everyone comes from - not that it should matter anyway. Willy willy's writing , even as he has not stated it himself , made me assume he is Igbo. Hence my interest to show him that , like everyone else , the Igbos have good and bad amongst them.

I have no time for bigotry, ignorance , and hatred that makes folks stereotype an entire group of people. If assuming someone's region of origin wrongly means I hate the Igbos please feel free to come to that conclusion. By the way , nothing I have written actually confirms that I am not Igbo. So , in essence, you too are assuming I am Yoruba just as I thought Wily wily was Igbo!!!! I can now accuse you too of hating the Yorubas using the premises you predicate your judgement on. If I hate the Igbos , or anyone else for that matter , I would be busy peddling ridiculous and offensive stereotype all across Nairaland as others do incessantly .
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by DisGuy: 4:10pm On Dec 14, 2009
JProspero:

I don't think the South is afraid of the North at all. On the contrary, the North is afraid that it cannot compete with the South if things are done by merit. The only way the North believes it can compete well is if it has a hold on power and is in a position to decide who keeps what.
Another problem is that while other ethnic regions try to project their brighest and best, the North tries to project its mediocre people so long as those people can protect the Northern interest. Imagine the North choosing Tafawa Balewa and Shagari (non-graduates and docile men) to compete with Zik and Awo at a time there were very intelligent and visionary men in the North? Who knew that there were young men of action and vision in the North like el-Rufai and Ribadu if not that Obasanjo brought them out? And look at how sharp and decisive Sanusi is today? But all these men will be available and still the North will bring out one docile person as president because he is more likely to maintain the status quo rather than moving Nigeria forward. That is what the South finds so annoying. I don't care who rules this nation so far as there is electricity, good roads, health care, education etc. Fashola is doing well in Lagos - who cares whether he is Yoruba or Ijaw or Nupe? Marwa did well in Lagos - who cared if he was from Adamawa or Anambra?

see logic abeg!!

So all these mediocre vs the best and bright of the south are still making decisions on who keeps what, how come??
who is REALLY bright then?

paranoia no go kill some people!
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by citizenY(m): 4:26pm On Dec 14, 2009
Where is the logic when your best is not good enough? Juxtapose that against the bright and docile guys on your side.
The moment they get there na to chop.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by nduchucks: 4:46pm On Dec 14, 2009
Beaf:

Aside from the ruling elite and kingmakers, the rest of the groups mentioned severely lack the clout to move Nigeria in one direction or the other. Also, as I thought, others might have differences with your list. To me, these are the most important groups;
[list]
[li]The military[/li]
[li]Owners of oil blocks and bunkerers[/li]
[li]Refined fuel importers[/li]
[li]Leaders of various ethnic groups and regions[/li]
[/list]

I'm surprised that an enlightened person like you don't understand the power possessed by the masses. It is this mindset that your leaders who continue to despoil you,  depend on,  to perpetuate their activities. I submit to you that the millions of people whom you believe do not have the clout to move Nigeria in any direction, are the ones with the most power to indeed force the rapists out of office.  They just need leaders and people like you to come home and mobilize them.  A mass revolt in a tiny region could have the desired domino effect.  When 500,000 people decend on the national assembly in protest, causing an international problem for your leaders, you'd then find out how much clout those people have.

Beaf:

Of much greater importance, is that the lopsided structure of our armed forces is done away with; its staffing is stacked heavily in favour of the North and the South very rightly see's it as a Northern tool of intimidation. That is core.

Whoever controls, a lopsided army, controls the country and the FG.

Forward thinking Nigerians are urging that the "Federal Character" crap should be scrapped and you are here indirectly calling federal character in the Army.  Your implied statement that the composition of the leadership in the Army is based on some Northern master plan is weak, to say the least.  The composition of the leadership in the Armed Forces is based on the availability of professionals who are qualified for the posts. For the past 30 -40 years, the vast majority of applicants to the millitary school in Zaria, and all other millitary training schools have been Northerners. This fact is more responsible for the makeup of the Armed forces than any other thing.

Using your logic, I could accuse the southerners of controling the financial institutions as part of some grand scheme. That would however ignore the fact that southerners have been sending their children to school to study those subjects at a higher rate than northerners. Ironically, it is now taking a northerner to clean up the rot left by the bank chiefs of the past.

Should we now restructure the transportation industry for example, because they are dominated by southerners?
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Beaf: 5:31pm On Dec 14, 2009
ndu_chucks:

I'm surprised that an enlightened person like you don't understand the power possessed by the masses. It is this mindset that your leaders who continue to despoil you,  depend on,  to perpetuate their activities. I submit to you that the millions of people whom you believe do not have the clout to move Nigeria in any direction, are the ones with the most power to indeed force the rapists out of office.  They just need leaders and people like you to come home and mobilize them.  A mass revolt in a tiny region could have the desired domino effect.  When 500,000 people decend on the national assembly in protest, causing an international problem for your leaders, you'd then find out how much clout those people have.

You have quoted me out of context. The masses are not the ones who are interested in maintaining the status quo.
Those who are interested in keeping things as they are, are the very people who have imprisoned the masses and they are the very people I mentioned. They are Nigeria's powerbrokers:

* The military
    * Owners of oil blocks and bunkerers
    * Refined fuel importers
    * Leaders of various ethnic groups and regions

ndu_chucks:

Forward thinking Nigerians are urging that the "Federal Character" crap should be scrapped and you are here indirectly calling federal character in the Army.  Your implied statement that the composition of the leadership in the Army is based on some Northern master plan is weak, to say the least.  The composition of the leadership in the Armed Forces is based on the availability of professionals who are qualified for the posts. For the past 30 -40 years, the vast majority of applicants to the millitary school in Zaria, and all other millitary training schools have been Northerners. This fact is more responsible for the makeup of the Armed forces than any other thing.

Using your logic, I could accuse the southerners of controling the financial institutions as part of some grand scheme. That would however ignore the fact that southerners have been sending their children to school to study those subjects at a higher rate than northerners. Ironically, it is now taking a northerner to clean up the rot left by the bank chiefs of the past.

Should we now restructure the transportation industry for example, because they are dominated by southerners?

Let us see reality for what it is, there is strict quota system in education (several well qualified applicants have been denied places just to keep a balance); but, somehow the military school in Zaria escapes it?
About Southerners controlling the financial institutions, I remember the times I had a couple of reasons to be at the Nigerian Security Printing and Minting company (then in Lagos); it was like a visit to Kano.

Let’s be honest with ourselves, everyone can see these things.

I will emphasise it, one of our most serious problems is the composition of the military and it is becoming a more urgent issue with each passing year.
The gap in education is also the most likely reason the North would rather maintain a stranglehold on the composition of the army. The issue of education in the North is one I have always held should be raised as a national crisis, because of the immense segregation, quality of life, developmental and security issues it poses. The educational gap is naturally, a source of lack of self assurance in a non-militaristic setting. But, clinging to the military is rapidly becoming a disadvantage, especially in todays increasingly hi-tech World, the North might realise that too late and precipitate a crisis.

I am of the opinion that for Nigeria to progress, the North must drop its guard.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by nduchucks: 5:41pm On Dec 14, 2009
Beaf:

You have quoted me out of context. The masses are not the ones who are interested in maintaining the status quo.
Those who are interested in keeping things as they are, are the very people who have imprisoned the masses and they are the very people I mentioned. They are Nigeria's powerbrokers:

* The military
* Owners of oil blocks and bunkerers
* Refined fuel importers
* Leaders of various ethnic groups and regions

You are the one that need to reread my post. The masses as itemized by me, are interested in maintaining the status quo, in terms of not breaking up the country. In that regard, they have the same interest as those you mentioned.

Beaf:

But, clinging to the military is rapidly becoming a disadvantage, especially in todays increasingly hi-tech World, the North might realise that too late and precipitate a crisis.

I am of the opinion that for Nigeria to progress, the North must drop its guard.

You sound paranoid. You keep referring to this mysterious North as if there are no progressives among their ranks. Every group has a major role to play in the progress of Nigeria.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Beaf: 5:54pm On Dec 14, 2009
^
There are progressives in the North, but historically the Balarabe Musa's have always lost out to the Ciroma's and Rilwan Lukman's; so I'm far from from paranoid.

When I say "North", I do it with good reason. There has always been a Sokoto caliphate and (a now weakened) kaduna mafia that has controlled the affairs and voice of the North.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaduna_Mafia
http://www.newswatchngr.com/editorial/allaccess/special/10319082507.htm
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by snowdrops(m): 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2009
Beaf:

^
There are progressives in the North, but historically the Balarabe Musa's have always lost out to the Ciroma's and Rilwan Lukman's; so I'm far from from paranoid.

When I say "North", I do it with good reason. There has always been a Sokoto caliphate and (a now weakened) kaduna mafia that has controlled the affairs and voice of the North.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaduna_Mafia
http://www.newswatchngr.com/editorial/allaccess/special/10319082507.htm
Next time you think about quoting wikipedia as a reference on this forum
dont.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by nduchucks: 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2009
Beaf, please stop using wikipedia as a reference, it reduces the credibility of your position.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by presido1: 6:10pm On Dec 14, 2009
Gbawe:

I have not been a member of this board long enough to know where everyone comes from - not that it should matter anyway. Willy willy's writing , even as he has not stated it himself , made me assume he is Igbo. Hence my interest to show him that , like everyone else , the Igbos have good and bad amongst them.

I have no time for bigotry, ignorance , and hatred that makes folks stereotype an entire group of people. If assuming someone's region of origin wrongly means I hate the Igbos please feel free to come to that conclusion. By the way , nothing I have written actually confirms that I am not Igbo. So , in essence, you too are assuming I am Yoruba just as I thought Wily wily was Igbo!!!! I can now accuse you too of hating the Yorubas using the premises you predicate your judgement on. If I hate the Igbos , or anyone else for that matter , I would be busy peddling ridiculous and offensive stereotype all across Nairaland as others do incessantly .
Stop shooting yourself mate, I never mentioned Yoruba on my post so you can think and asume anythink that makes you sleep well. Willy Willy attacked the Yorubas and you keep on following him and started attacking Igbos, why don't you attack south south must everybody that talk bad about the Yoruba's be Igbo? i asked you if he(willy) is Igbo? You start your normal ranting. Are u scared of anything?
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Beaf: 6:27pm On Dec 14, 2009
ndu_chucks:

Beaf, please stop using wikipedia as a reference, it reduces the credibility of your position.

snowdrops:

Next time you think about quoting wikipedia as a reference on this forum
dont.

Why can't I quote a factual article on Wikipedia?
I don't see how that detracts from the existence of the Kaduna mafia.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by blueteeth: 7:30pm On Dec 14, 2009
the northerners are always united.I dont know about d yorubers but we Igbos fear our own brothers,its lyk we are our own enermies and it is quit unfortunate.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Dede1(m): 9:54pm On Dec 14, 2009
ndu_chucks:

I will happily enumerate the "vested interests":

The ruling elite from all parts of the country and the king makers also from all parts of the country
The millions of Igbo who reside or have resided in other parts of Nigerian for decades and have made those places their homes
The millions of Yorubas who reside or have resided in other parts of Nigerian for decades and have made those places their homes
The millions of Hausas who reside or have resided in other parts of Nigerian for decades and have made those places their homes
The millions of Nigerian minority tribes who reside or have resided in other parts of Nigerian for decades and have made those places their homes
Millions of Nigerians who have inter married and have no interest whatsoever in nation states that for obvious reasons

There are many more groups that I have not listed, but you get the picture.  Frankly, most Nigerians do not want the breakup of the country, if you don't believe me, conduct your own personal survey when you come to Nigeria for a visit.

We are in agreement that the status quo is unacceptable. We'll have to agree to disagree on the remaining part of your postulation.  One thing is certain, continuously blaming the north for your woes will not help you.

Charity begins at home - why don't you people start by call your thieving governors to order and demanding responsible governance for a start.   this should wind beaf up 

My people say that when a person insists that an idiom or metaphorical expression should be interpreted, the dowry lavished on the person’s mother is a waste of human endeavor. I would regard your condescending dribbles as feign of ignorance and allow you to wallow on inherent naiveté.

It is widely affirmed that the past is prologue and any group of people with either low or high IQ that failed to grasp the misdeeds of their past endeavors are bound to commit the stupidity over again. I would be damned if I failed to allow the past history to guide the future undertakings.

It will amount to foolhardy on my part to labor on faint conjectural means as a way of resolving the current irreparable nature of the cesspit called Nigeria. I would continue to stake my means and meager resources to the dissolution of colonial contraption called Nigeria into nation states.

It has been evidential on this forum that mere suggesting that a befitting federal government backed infrastructure such international airport or industries be cited Igbo land or south-eastern region of Nigeria has instigated the ugly moods from cream of crops of Nigeria that are not indigenes of the region. 

I could have fallen for your trepidation thinking you were feigning ignorance until I stumbled onto your post with hellish enumerated junks. Are you for real? It must be recalled that Nigerians have lived, accrued enormous properties and married beautiful ladies from neighboring countries such Benin, Ghana, Togo and Cameroon.

Yet the sheer weight of these socio-economic endeavors have not instigated the confiscation of properties or forced the citizenries of either nation to renounce that citizenship of their nations. Why would the dissolution of Nigeria into nation states instigate loss of properties, mitigate the conjugational intimacy between man and woman of these countries and abolish free movement of the people?
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Eziachi: 5:15pm On Dec 15, 2009
blueteeth:

the northerners are always united.I dont know about d yorubers but we Igbos fear our own brothers,its lyk we are our own enermies and it is quit unfortunate.

Absolute Rubbish!!
Northern unity is a myth and total mirage. Take power, petro dollar and powerful establisment positions away from them just for 10 years and let us see how united they are. Their unity is based on sharing SS/SE oil money that doesn't belong to them. Everyone exhibit unity when there is plenty to go round but try to find out how united when their is little to go round, that you have to beat another person in order to eat.

We saw how united they were behind Atiku when OBJ wanted to destroy him, even within his own Adamawa domain, just because they're either afraid of EFCC or want to protect their political positions under OBJ. Can you just imagine if Atiku was Igbo and his brother like Jubril Aminu and Marwa betrayed him as they did and what the talks will be like?
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On Dec 15, 2009
Eziachi:

Absolute Rubbish!!
Northern unity is a myth and total mirage. Take power, petro dollar and powerful establisment positions away from them just for 10 years and let us see how united they are. Their unity is based on sharing SS/SE oil money that doesn't belong to them. Everyone exhibit unity when there is plenty to go round but try to find out how united when their is little to go round, that you have to beat another person in order to eat.

We saw how united they were behind Atiku when OBJ wanted to destroy him, even within his own Adamawa domain, just because they're either afraid of EFCC or want to protect their political positions under OBJ. Can you just imagine if Atiku was Igbo and his brother like Jubril Aminu and Marwa betrayed him as they did and what the talks will be like?

NOW YOU ARE TALKING!!!!!

Nigerians in the North, South, East are the same!!! Each group wants POWER. . . . only that the North seems to have held the upper hand for a long time. That DOES NOT MEAN the north is the EVIL GROUP. No, they are simply PLAYING THE SAME GAME every other group has been playing, only they keep winning and the loosers keep deluding themselves that they are EVIL for coming out winners.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by citizenY(m): 6:14pm On Dec 15, 2009
We keep telling you we are all the same, you refuse to listen. All of us are roasting
in the cauldron called Nigeria. We have a problem with our elite. I am always amused
when people talk about fear of one section or the other. Always recall Fela,s song.

You dey fear for the tin wey you no see.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by nduchucks: 6:19pm On Dec 15, 2009
citizenY:

We keep telling you we are all the same, you refuse to listen. All of us are roasting
in the cauldron called Nigeria. We have a problem with our elite. I am always amused
when people talk about fear of one section or the other. Always recall Fela,s song.

gaskiya ta fi kwabo.  true talk.

Dede1:
My people say that when a person insists that an idiom or metaphorical expression should be interpreted, the dowry lavished on the person’s mother is a waste of human endeavor. I would regard your condescending dribbles as feign of ignorance and allow you to wallow on inherent naiveté.

What’s the point of the gibberish you’ve written above. It shows a complete inability to communicate effectively. You’ve only succeeded in confusing yourself.

Dede1:
It is widely affirmed that the past is prologue and any group of people with either low or high IQ that failed to grasp the misdeeds of their past endeavors are bound to commit the stupidity over again. I would be damned if I failed to allow the past history to guide the future undertakings.

Well, I have news for you: Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, a man who is clearly your superior  did not fail to grasp the misdeeds of his past endeavors and he is not hell bent on commiting the stupidity over again, unlike people like you who would rather fight another civil war than work to make our nation great.

In case you have not read Ojukwu’s speech at the recently held, Chinua Achebe colloquium, here’s an extract from his speech – Ojukwu believes that Ndiigbo shall regain political relevance in Nigeria, in his lifetime. I hope you are not saying that Ojukwu has a low IQ because of his stance on this issue:

Extract from Ojujwu's speech in blue:
My commitment, because I am seriously involved, is to work with all well-meaning Nigerians to bring about the Nigerian society as promised by the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. When this happens, and all glass ceilings and other unwholesome practices designed to keep Ndigbo, or any other ethnic groups in Nigeria marginalized are dismantled, I shall feel fulfilled. When this happens, Ndigbo shall regain their political and economic relevance in a fair, just and egalitarian Nigerian society. This remains my mission. It is my commitment to Ndigbo. It is my commitment to Nigeria, Africa and the world. And it shall happen in my lifetime. Not after. 

Dede1:
I could have fallen for your trepidation thinking you were feigning ignorance until I stumbled onto your post with hellish enumerated junks. Are you for real? It must be recalled that Nigerians have lived, accrued enormous properties and married beautiful ladies from neighboring countries such Benin, Ghana, Togo and Cameroon.

Yet the sheer weight of these socio-economic endeavors have not instigated the confiscation of properties or forced the citizenries of either nation to renounce that citizenship of their nations. Why would the dissolution of Nigeria into nation states instigate loss of properties, mitigate the conjugational intimacy between man and woman of these countries and abolish free movement of the people?

Are you for real? Your equating the implications of Nigerians acquiring properties in foreign countries such as Benin, Ghana, Togo, and Cameron to the implications of breaking up Nigeria into mini nations and its potential effect on Nigerian property owners I itemized, confirms that you are not only ignorant of intertribal dynamics and relationships in Nigeria, but you are also a pathetic analyst.  You are comparing apples to oranges!  Are you sure that if Ghana, Benin, Togo, or Cameroon, breaks up into mini nations, the conditions will remain the same for those foreign home owners? Would those home owners support such a breakup in those countries? Are you sure that the new mini nations will not ask non citizens to return to their countries and reapply for visa? You seem to have missed the point I was making  and your logic is seriously flawed.

Dede1:
I would continue to stake my means and meager resources to the dissolution of colonial contraption called Nigeria into nation states.

Once again, you’ll be wasting your resources on a lost cause. The vast majority of Nigerians do not agree with the dissolution of the country.

As a student of history, you know that the American civil war ended in May 1865 when the remaining Confederate forces surrendered. Over 620,000 Americans died in the war, with disease killing twice as many as those lost in battle. 50,000 survivors return home as amputees.

Today, there exists some fringe groups that are still calling for the dissolution of the USA, just as you are calling for the dissolution of Nigeria.  Checkout their website
http://pakalert./2009/08/31/we-hate-the-united-states-secessionists-rally-in-texas/

You will end up like the losers on that website at the rate you are going. Olodo

P.S. Try to answer the questions I asked you in a prior post,  the only thing you have to fear, is fear itself.  Here’s the post: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-365759.0.html#msg5104743
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by SapeleGuy: 10:41pm On Dec 15, 2009
I think some subtle distinctions have been made  by some posters and these relate to the elite and the masses in Nigeria who are united or divided in their enjoyment and suffering respectively.

Having said this, it will be remiss of us not to acknowledge the fact that some groups have tried to or in fact colonised other groups within this country on the basis of majority and minority.

It is not enough to say we are all the same or think that removing federal character will solve our problems without attending to the inherent imbalances in our structure or institutions and guarantee equality and justice for all.

To ignore these imbalances is to fan the flames of conflict and continue business as usual.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by DisGuy: 11:55pm On Dec 15, 2009
citizenY:

True

and the southerner newspapers owned mainly by teh southerners are helping the myth big time
all headline is geared towards the almighty North thumping the ever cowardly south  undecided
check vanguard, sun newspaper and thisday their headlines are nothing but pure garbage sometimes!

Sanusi dancing to Northerners tune

Northerners pressurise Goodluck Jonathan and southerners sit in a corner to lick their milk? undecided

', powerful Northerners who installed Obasanjo in 1999' bla blah blah

one is almost made to believe all those in the national assembly are northerners or hand picked by northerners

Most humans (not only Nigerians) are not intelligent and are malleable and easily mislead especially when they lack education and self-worth (which are extensive traits in Nigeria).
-A Nairaland member from another thread on useless jorunalists
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by citizenY(m): 2:59pm On Dec 16, 2009
@ Dis guy

It is crying wolf where there is none?

Are you aware of something called aggressive defense?

I leave you to figure that out.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by WilyWily: 5:46pm On Dec 16, 2009
presido1:

why don't you attack south south must everybody that talk bad about the Yoruba's be Igbo? i asked you if he(willy) is Igbo? You start your normal ranting. Are u scared of anything?
I never talk bad about Yoruba,
Yorubas are Saboteurs for Real, As Fraud flows in Yorubamans vein so is Saboteur, that is their way of life.
If not Yorubamans Chameleon way of life, who is Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani North compare to South, we can collectively get rid of these unwanted people in a week.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by Jarus(m): 8:15pm On Dec 16, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Nigerians in the North, South, East are the same!!! Each group wants POWER. . . . only that the North seems to have held the upper hand for a long time. That DOES NOT MEAN the north is the EVIL GROUP. No, they are simply PLAYING THE SAME GAME every other group has been playing, only they keep winning and the loosers keep deluding themselves that they are EVIL for coming out winners.
I tried not to comment on this thread but I can't help not commending this post.
Re: Why Are You People So Scared Of 'The North' ? by SapeleGuy: 11:27pm On Dec 16, 2009
Kobojunkie:

You describe the degredation, suffering and death of Nigerians as a game? You speak of this game as though it was legitimate. How much more suffering do you wish on Nigerians to realise that this isn't a game and there are no winners.

You only need to look at the conflicts in plateau, benue and taraba states to know that the concept of northern unity is a myth. It is bogus, if homogenous regions like the west or the east are not united how can the north?

BTW why did you leave the western region out of your theory - I hope it wasn't a freudian omission

Kobojunkie:

@Poster, you happen to be one of the many on here who blame "ALMIGHTY NORTH" for most of the woes in your area.

You don't need to lie to make a point.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gej Should Resign. Example Of Good Politics is JAPAN / Breaking News: Boko Haram's, Abubakar Shekau Appears In New Video. / Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.