Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,782 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? (14476 Views)

Re: A Brief History Of Ile Ife; Don't Rewrite Our History / This Is Why I Love White People. / Abacha's Regime Was One Of The Best Performing Governments In Our History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by igbo2011(m): 1:37am On Jan 27, 2012
In the past 500 years, Europeans have brought hell to Africa. First with slavery, then colonialism, and now neo colonialism. We still look up to them and want to be like the,. We still let them disrespect us and come to our country and run things. We almost worship them. Religion may play a part in it but why do we continue to trust these people more than our own people? We have such an inferiority complex so we try and be like other people. We rather buy their products than our own. We wear there clothes and Nigerian artists such as wizkid rap about their clothes like in his song "Don't dull" Whenever we go to their counties they treat us badly and when they come to Africa we treat them with more respect than our own people. WHY Why aren't we more xenophobic, the Japanese and Chinese know their history and know what the whites have done in the past. But we continue to let them do what they want and we respect and love them more than we love our own people.

Do you agree with me? WHat are some things we can do to change this?

I think that we need to change all the images of god to a black person. This white Jesus and Mary is brain washing us.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-hNpdljePEhc/TkFGfDAG8WI/AAAAAAAADBo/NfZUJp5_nSM/s1600/Black+Madonna+and+Child+-Hamburg+%252C+Germany.jpg[/img]

[img]http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/f41/dd9/f41dd9cc-5198-4c0e-8a6a-eeda2d553dc7[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by DanKan0: 2:19am On Jan 27, 2012
lol and you hear some calling for US to enter Nigeria fight Boko. Like the first place they will go wont be Niger Delta caliming 'suspected Boko Haram militants' I dey laugh o cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jan 27, 2012
@kobojunkie is the biggest aunt tomasina on this forum - this post needs to be dedicated to her, grin
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by Njgirl1: 8:54pm On Jan 28, 2012
awesome post. If an oyibo broke arse uneducated dude comes over to any african country, by d virtue of d fact that he is oyibo he would be treated like a king, and that is more than i can say 4 any well educated black man that goes to a white country.
Poster the images aint exactly d problem, d images aint even caucausian, they are jewish, which aint exactly white. The fault is from the media and d past generation, lil things u hear as a growing african kid and things u watch on tv engrain in ur subconcious that both u and ur culture are inferior.
This is cos of colonialism, the generation that was there during colonialism transfered thier inferiority complex to their kids.
Theres hope, ten thousand more like u and me, then the whole era of inferiority complex would be forgotten.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by ektbear: 9:02pm On Jan 28, 2012
Nothing wrong with this "black jesus" stuff.

After all, Jesus wasn't a white guy. Proly some brownish arab-looking dude

Regarding why the negro worships the white man, everyone admires power and success

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 28, 2012
Nj girl:

awesome post. If an oyibo broke arse uneducated dude comes over to any african country, by d virtue of d fact that he is oyibo he would be treated like a king, and that is more than i can say 4 any well educated black man that goes to a white country.
Poster the images  aint exactly d problem, d images aint even caucausian, they are jewish, which aint exactly white. The fault is from the media and d past generation, lil things u hear as a growing african kid and things u watch on tv engrain in ur subconcious that both u and ur culture are inferior.
This is cos of colonialism, the generation that was there during colonialism transfered thier inferiority complex to their kids.
Theres hope, ten thousand more like u and me, then the whole era of inferiority complex would be forgotten.

Very well said.

We need to start THINKING and PRODUCING our own things. Develop our own philosophical and economic school of thoughts.

We are on a mission to wipe out the disease of inferiority complex and to restore confidence in the black race cool cool.

ekt_bear:

Nothing wrong with this "black jesus" stuff.

After all, Jesus wasn't a white guy. Proly some brownish arab-looking dude

Regarding why the negro worships the white man, everyone admires power and success

Right, no one likes to associate with failure. Why is that? Is it human nature?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by prettyboi1(m): 9:22pm On Jan 28, 2012
Nj girl:

Poster the images aint exactly d problem, d images aint even caucausian, they are jewish, which aint exactly white. The fault is from the media and d past generation, lil things u hear as a growing african kid and things u watch on tv engrain in ur subconcious that both u and ur culture are inferior.

My dear great write up. About the part where you said Jesus wasn't even white but Jewish,Thank God I know but because your average Nigerian & African doesn't bother researching,we usually don't know cheap things like this.It's a pity. many people just think if you're not black,you're white.Many of them don't even know there are even so many races & colours between the black & white race. ALL IN ALL,WE NEED TO START PUTTING OUR NIGERIAN & AFRICAN BROTHERS & OUR OWN THINGS FIRST & above every other person's.
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by prettyboi1(m): 9:23pm On Jan 28, 2012
Nj girl:

My dear great write up. About the part where you said Jesus wasn't even white but Jewish,Thank God I know but because your average Nigerian & African doesn't bother researching,we usually don't know cheap things like this.It's a pity. many people just think if you're not black,you're white.Many of them don't even know there are even so many races & colours between the black & white race. ALL IN ALL,WE NEED TO START PUTTING OUR NIGERIAN & AFRICAN BROTHERS & OUR OWN THINGS FIRST & above every other person's.
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by Njgirl1: 9:35pm On Jan 28, 2012
pretty_boi:

yea u are ryt we need to see our selves as brothers, the issues of tribalism and segregation among us will hinder our progress. We need to have each others backs, channel our intellect together to achieve one great black nation devoid of inferiority.
Olodostein:

Very well said.

We need to start THINKING and PRODUCING our own things. Develop our own philosophical and economic school of thoughts.

We are on a mission to wipe out the disease of inferiority complex and to restore confidence in the black race cool cool.

yea, we would start with d orientation we give our kids which should be blackpride and unity and shunning of tribalism.
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by prettyboi1(m): 9:43pm On Jan 28, 2012
Nj girl:

yea u are ryt we need to see our selves as brothers, the issues of tribalism and segregation among us will hinder our progress. We need to have each others backs, channel our intellect together to achieve one great black nation devoid of inferiority.yea, we would start with d orientation we give our kids which should be blackpride and unity and shunning of tribalism.

EXACTLY, GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS. WE NEED TO GET OVER TRIBASLISM & RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS & START SEEING OURSELVES AS NIGERIANS OR AFRICANS AS THE CASE MAY BE.
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 28, 2012
Nj girl:

yea u are ryt we need to see our selves as brothers, the issues of tribalism and segregation among us will hinder our progress. We need to have each others backs, channel our intellect together to achieve one great black nation devoid of inferiority.yea, we would start with d orientation we give our kids which should be blackpride and unity and shunning of tribalism.

I can see that you are one passionate black sister who wants to see her people grow and thrive.

Its going to be an UPHILL task to make other tribes amongst us see reason. You see what those boko guys are doing up north and some self centered comments from other people just made me start seeing myself as a Biafran. I am thinking Biafra can lead the way in New African Renaissance that will usher in a New age civilization for the black race.

Nevertheless, we are still watching and following the situation cool. Nothing is impossible to repair. Its always good to meet optimistic black Africans like yourself.

Shalom cool
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by Njgirl1: 10:21pm On Jan 28, 2012
Olodostein:

I can see that you are one passionate black sister who wants to see her people grow and thrive.

Its going to be an UPHILL task to make other tribes amongst us see reason. You see what those boko guys are doing up north and some self centered comments from other people just made me start seeing myself as a Biafran. I am thinking Biafra can lead the way in New African Renaissance that will usher in a New age civilization for the black race.

Nevertheless, we are still watching and following the situation cool. Nothing is impossible to repair. Its always good to meet optimistic black Africans like yourself.

Shalom cool
tnx. U are ryt it would be an uphill task to get ethnicity out of d picture, but i believe every tribe in 9ja has at least few people who belive in what we are saying, these group of people should enlighten d rest, so that more people will believe in this cause. I believe our leaders (past especially) have a good share of the blame for whats happening up north, remember d north is not the only place with violence, its also in the south, its as simple as 'the leaders used funds to satisfy their greed, d followers are unemployed and d employed aint earning much, these idle hands are given deadly tools and ideologies by some wicked people and the result is bloodshed'.
pretty_boi:

EXACTLY, GOD BLESS YOU FOR THIS. WE NEED TO GET OVER TRIBASLISM & RELIGIOUS SENTIMENTS & START SEEING OURSELVES AS NIGERIANS OR AFRICANS AS THE CASE MAY BE.
yes, there should be reorientation of the young and proper orientation of the unborn when they arrive.
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 28, 2012
Nj girl:

tnx. U are ryt it would be an uphill task to get ethnicity out of d picture, but i believe every tribe in 9ja has at least few people who belive in what we are saying, these group of people should enlighten d rest, so that more people will believe in this cause. I believe our leaders (past especially) have a good share of the blame for whats happening up north, remember d north is not the only place with violence, its also in the south, its as simple as 'the leaders used funds to satisfy their greed, d followers are unemployed and d employed aint earning much, these idle hands are given deadly tools and ideologies by some wicked people and the result is bloodshed'.

yes, there should be reorientation of the young and proper orientation of the unborn when they arrive.

You make sense.

On the bolded, As a start, let every young and newly born child start calling their parents(daddy/mummy) native names like in the case of igbo "Mma and Mpa", yoruba too, ETC.

Enough of 'mummy and daddy'. What do you think?
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by safarigirl(f): 10:41pm On Jan 28, 2012
Better we start by re-orientation through the social media. The only tv programmes kids watch these days are those Mexican soap operas on A.I.T and the likes, we need more African oriented programmes apart from Wale Adenuga productions that wreak of tribalism with a ninety-five percent Yoruba cast ǡŋ₫ crew.

Village Headmaster should be re-aired, I've never watched it, but I hear Ŝ☺ much about it. The stories of African authors should be turned into movies.

We need to start patronising our own products, if we can buy Made in China which we all know is as fake as silicon implants, what stops us from buying Made in Nigeria products?

Too many Houseboys to white men are leading this great continent. Shame.
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by prettyboi1(m): 10:55pm On Jan 28, 2012
safarigirl:

Better we start by re-orientation through the social media. The only tv programmes kids watch these days are those Mexican soap operas on A.I.T and the likes, we need more African oriented programmes apart from Wale Adenuga productions that wreak of tribalism with a ninety-five percent Yoruba cast ǡŋ₫ crew.

Village Headmaster should be re-aired, I've never watched it, but I hear Ŝ☺ much about it. The stories of African authors should be turned into movies.

We need to start patronising our own products, if we can buy Made in China which we all know is as fake as silicon implants, what stops us from buying Made in Nigeria products?

Too many Houseboys to white men are leading this great continent. Shame.

Every single thing you have pointed out here I agree with. I'm really really proud that there are people like us. It's beautiful.
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 28, 2012
Just Yesterday on twitter, some Nigerian guy tweeted "I hate when someone spells Jesus as JEXOX". It was retweeted by a follower and I replied him "Well, maybe you shouldn't be that angry considering his name wasn't even JESUS in the first place". I explained to him his name was Yeshua/(Y) Isa. Know what he did? Attacked me that I was probably a Muslim! :/ Thats all the brainwashed fellow could come up with.

The white man did a freaking number on Africans, its a damn shame!
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 28, 2012
i love white girls coz they are are good at cunnilingus wink
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by cfours: 11:08pm On Jan 28, 2012
ekt_bear:

what comes first? the chicken or the egg?
are white people powerful because blacks look up to them?
or do blacks look up to them because they are powerful?

for example, look at Nigeria's position in relation to other countries in Africa.
we certainly don't have the highest gdp per capita
but we command the most respect because of the way we carry ourselves and look down on other africans

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 28, 2012
c.fours:

what comes first? the chicken or the egg?
are white people powerful because blacks look up to them?
or do blacks look up to them because they are powerful?

for example, look at Nigeria's position in relation to other countries in Africa.
we certainly don't have the highest gdp per capita
but we command the most respect because of the way we carry ourselves and look down on other africans

Lmao at "we command respect". . .

What respect do you command? More like always coming off as brash and abrasive.

Living in fantasy doesn't make "it" reality; its still fantasy!!!
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by assetstrap(m): 11:56pm On Jan 28, 2012
My people this is a fantastic topic one which can only enhance us and not detract from us. We as Africans do not realize the power we have and that is because we have lost our history. Africans were a proud people, very proud, great traders, great warriors and of course gave the world earliest form of civilization. Because we have always been a people who tended to welcome strangers rather than attack, the white man played on that and seized that opportunity to divide and conquer/rule. Africa has not recovered from the rape of our land and the indoctrination of our people. That is why African leaders who are not wanting to perform their role as houseboys to the west are disciplined by sanctions (Zimbabwe), murdered or forced out using others who are prepared to play houseboy role. Build up your economies my people, make things, do things the proper way, educate the masses, trade with each other. Things go around in cycles the great African civilizations will rise again, transformation ( not Goodlucks o! ) starts now.
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by cfours: 2:54am On Jan 29, 2012
kingoflag:

Lmao at "we command respect". . .

What respect do you command? More like always coming off as brash and abrasive.

Living in fantasy doesn't make "it" reality; its still fantasy!!!

I'm speaking from my experience interacting with Africans abroad. we are held in high esteem and it's just a perceived power that's self perpetuating.
. . .but of course if you are an [i]assh[/i]ole you will be treated like one. so your experiences may be different from mine.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by igbo2011(m): 4:34am On Jan 29, 2012
assetstrap:

My people this is a fantastic topic one which can only enhance us and not detract from us. [b]We as Africans do not realize the power we have and that is because we have lost our history. Africans were a proud people, very proud, great traders, great warriors and of course gave the world earliest form of civilization. [/b]Because we have always been a people who tended to welcome strangers rather than attack, the white man played on that and seized that opportunity to divide and conquer/rule. Africa has not recovered from the violation of our land and the indoctrination of our people. That is why African leaders who are not wanting to perform their role as houseboys to the west are disciplined by sanctions (Zimbabwe), murdered or forced out using others who are prepared to play houseboy role. Build up your economies my people, make things, do things the proper way, educate the masses, trade with each other. Things go around in cycles the great African civilizations will rise again, transformation ( not Goodlucks o! ) starts now.
Very true, this is a site that has great African history: http://www.endingstereotypes.org/african_history.html
Also books by Ivan Sertima and Anta Diop are great too.
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by emofine2(f): 9:04am On Jan 29, 2012
igbo2011:

In the past 500 years, Europeans have brought hell to Africa. First with slavery, then colonialism, and now neo colonialism. We still look up to them and want to be like the,. We still let them disrespect us and come to our country and run things. We almost worship them. Religion may play a part in it but why do we continue to trust these people more than our own people? We have such an inferiority complex so we try and be like other people. We rather buy their products than our own. We wear there clothes and Nigerian artists such as wizkid rap about their clothes like in his song "Don't dull" Whenever we go to their counties they treat us badly and when they come to Africa we treat them with more respect than our own people. WHY Why aren't we more xenophobic, the Japanese and Chinese know their history and know what the whites have done in the past. But we continue to let them do what they want and we respect and love them more than we love our own people.

Do you agree with me? WHat are some things we can do to change this?

I think that we need to change all the images of god to a black person. This white Jesus and Mary is brain washing us.

igbo2011, your thread does raise very interesting and important points however what I fear is that such points may be hidden beneath much of the black rhetoric and blanket statements.

I understand it is important for every people on earth to value themselves or if one is to appreciate another person, people or group it should never be to the detriment of ones own self.
But adhering to an image of a Black Christ in retaliation to the largely upheld "White" Christ as a means of elevating the black contingent is merely creating a rebound Christ and such could have a perverse effect on the people you wish to liberate as they and others may see the Black version as a counterfeit aimed to appease a particular group. Besides wouldn't the Black Christ be a mimic of the White Christ? - It's a sad irony.

However I've been loosely considering the relationship between esteem and belief. When one reflects on the trajectory of the Europeans and the faith they imported to Africa simultaneously demonizing or making redundant the African gods (who largely represented or resembled Africans) one can only imagine what type of effect that could have. Demonizing a God that one looks like whilst projecting an image of God that bares no reflection of ones people as the seemingly "true" God can also be an indirect assassination to ones esteem.
I do not believe in a spirituality that is governed by race nor do I believe spirituality should be hereditary neither do I subscribe to any images of Jesus be it White or Black - but how integral were some of these native beliefs/gods to our forefather's identity and esteem?
Being depreciated or made to feel lower than a certain group erodes one's self worth and such behaviour has to be unlearned and personally I do not believe that will be achieved by adopting a black image of Christ - it's just a gimmick.

"We have such an inferiority complex so we try and be like other people"? As someone has already highlighted on this thread, much admiration and respect is reserved for the successful and powerful and if the portrait of these characteristics happen to be white people then of course largely people will want to emulate them not necessarily or initially because they are white but more so because of what they are seen to embody.
Knowing one's history is very important too. Some are under the wrongful impression that civilization began at the first christian convert on the continent and if only such people knew of what great stock they hailed from surely they will perhaps want to emulate or even recognize that the characteristics they adore or worship from another group of people were also found amongst their own group.

P.S. Whilst reading your introduction my mind loosely pondered on the similarities of stockholm syndrome.
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by EEngineer1(m): 12:56pm On Jan 29, 2012
emöfine:

igbo2011, your thread does raise very interesting and important points however what I fear is that such points may be hidden beneath much of the black rhetoric and blanket statements.

I understand it is important for every people on earth to value themselves or if one is to appreciate another person, people or group it should never be to the detriment of ones own self.
But adhering to an image of a Black Christ in retaliation to the largely upheld "White" Christ as a means of elevating the black contingent is merely creating a rebound Christ and such could have a perverse effect on the people you wish to liberate as they and others may see the Black version as a counterfeit aimed to appease a particular group. Besides wouldn't the Black Christ be a mimic of the White Christ? - It's a sad irony.

However I've been loosely considering the relationship between esteem and belief. When one reflects on the trajectory of the Europeans and the faith they imported to Africa simultaneously demonizing or making redundant the African gods (who largely represented or resembled Africans) one can only imagine what type of effect that could have. Demonizing a God that one looks like whilst projecting an image of God that bares no reflection of ones people as the seemingly "true" God can also be an indirect assassination to ones esteem.
I do not believe in a spirituality that is governed by race nor do I believe spirituality should be hereditary neither do I subscribe to any images of Jesus be it White or Black - but how integral were some of these native beliefs/gods to our forefather's identity and esteem?
Being depreciated or made to feel lower than a certain group erodes one's self worth and such behaviour has to be unlearned and personally I do not believe that will be achieved by adopting a black image of Christ - it's just a gimmick.

"We have such an inferiority complex so we try and be like other people"? As someone has already highlighted on this thread, much admiration and respect is reserved for the successful and powerful and if the portrait of these characteristics happen to be white people then of course largely people will want to emulate them not necessarily or initially because they are white but more so because of what they are seen to embody.
Knowing one's history is very important too. Some are under the wrongful impression that civilization began at the first christian convert on the continent and if only such people knew of what great stock they hailed from surely they will perhaps want to emulate or even recognize that the characteristics they adore or worship from another group of people were also found amongst their own group.

P.S. Whilst reading your introduction my mind loosely pondered on the similarities of stockholm syndrome.

emofine baby you wont kill me even if u tried

the answer to the OP's question is simple, we have lost our history and the white dudes have replaced it with their demeaning version of african history
for God's sake, the word africa is not even of african origin, it is of latin origin
the term black or negro is also of western origin, i wont be so foolish to describe myself with their own terms

i am a human being, with a soul, a brain, i can love, hate, desire, create, achieve, i have a body, a skeleton, i have a skin and that skin happens to be covered with a pigment that mixes with the original color thereby making me dark brown- this is who i really am

every african must embrace this truth

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by Njgirl1: 1:36pm On Jan 29, 2012
@olodostein u are ryt, we could start with superiority of language before we move to other things.
I really admire the responses i m reading on this thread, it shows we as african youths have realised there is a problem, now its time to start solving them.
First we ve got to unite, this whole ethnicity thing should fade away, d newer generation should be taught d power of unity.
Secondly we ve got to stand up and improve on ourselves, the situation where 9ja imports most of its tech stuf is an insult to us. Every student should not see school as a place to get certificate but as a place to acquire knowledge which should be applied for better society.
If we have to hold our heads high above oyibo we ve got to be able to tell them, "wateva u can do I can do too", we ve got 2 aim 4 success.
Black comedians and movies should stop cracking jokes that insult the black race, black musicians should also stop objectifying black women in thier music.
As for those blacks dat cant help but worship oyibo, they should do it in the privacy of dia rooms, not in public or public forums.
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by buzugee(m): 2:18pm On Jan 29, 2012
a few corrections i feel i have to make
1.africa is not latin. africa is actually the name of a roman general called scipio africanus. he named the continent after himself. its a biblical prophesy psalms 49 vs 11

2 'Jesus' was not an arab man. he was a black man. in those days, that region of the world was part of africa and occupied by black people but the roman empire had started to take over the world so that the romans put their own puppet govt (king herod a roman edomite)) to rule over the black people (called israelites from the tribes of benjamin, judah and levi). in 70AD the romans finally decided to take control f that region and they slaughtered lots of black people while about 1 million fled on foot to west and south africa. these parts of africa were empty then. and from the 3 tribes fleeing to west africa erupted a new set of communities called the igbos, yorubas, ashantis, fantis, ga, lemba etc etc. Here is a description of jesus. Wooly hair and skin that is the color of brass as if it had been burnt in a furnace (this is the color of wesley snipes) (Rev 1 vs 14-15). the romans killed him because of this. even though prophesy was been fuilfilled, this may have been the first recorded case of racially motivated murder. A SELF RIGHTEOUS BLACK MAN PARADING AROUND CALLING HIMSELF THE MESSIAH DIDNT SIT TOO WELL WITH THE ROMAN AUTHORITIES.

3. There is nothing you can do about the inferiority complex of the black man and the superiority complex of the white man. this is all prophesy playing out. the world will never find peace until the white man has been subdued when Yahawashi returns. The lord has said that the white man will inherit the fatness of the land by using his sword (weapons). The lord has also said that he is a very proud man (obadiah 1 vs 3) (edom is the biblical word for white people). The lord also said that when the white man finally takes control of the world, he will replace the true image of 'Jesus' with his own image (job 9 vs 24). the reasoning behind this is that if i can get the other races to worship me, then i will rule forever. The lord also said that he will put us in darkness about who we really are and put us at the mercy of the white man (thats why alot of us think we are igbos, yorubas, calabar, ashanti etc etc ), all these classifications are after the fact. Anyway to cut long story short, we are living out prophesy and its all due to not obeying the lords laws statutes and commandments. but eventually all will be restored, the white man will be subdued and all his weaponry destroyed and he will become the slave. (BOOK OF OBADIAH) (REV 13 VS 10)
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by EEngineer1(m): 2:40pm On Jan 29, 2012
@buzugee, for ur mind now u be both prophet, biblical scholar and historian, dats very good but i think ur theories r way too farfetched. but ur right about us fulfilling prophecy
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by buzugee(m): 2:44pm On Jan 29, 2012
E-Engineer:

@buzugee, for ur mind now u be both prophet, biblical scholar and historian, dats very good but i think ur theories r way too farfetched. but ur right about us fulfilling prophecy
All facts bruv. Thats what books and the internet are for. Do some research. you will be amazed to find out who you really are. Everything i have stated can be corroborated and researched. these are not hidden facts. it takes an inquisitive mind to dig and see what is out there. but i am not here to convince anybody. you can either choose to live in darkness or be enlightened. the choice is absolutely yours
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by emofine2(f): 2:48pm On Jan 29, 2012
E-Engineer:

emofine baby you wont kill me even if u tried

the answer to the OP's question is simple, we have lost our history and the white dudes have replaced it with their demeaning version of african history
for God's sake, the word africa is not even of african origin, it is of latin origin
the term black or negro is also of western origin, i wont be so foolish to describe myself with their own terms

i am a human being, with a soul, a brain, i can love, hate, desire, create, achieve, i have a body, a skeleton, i have a skin and that skin happens to be covered with a pigment that mixes with the original color thereby making me dark brown- this is who i really am

every african must embrace this truth

I don't really understand how this connects with my post.
And I also believe it is important for all people to have an understanding of their history. The history of my group did not feature Jesus so why would I care about a Black Jesus as a means of boosting my and other black people alike self esteem?
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by EEngineer1(m): 3:18pm On Jan 29, 2012
@emofine, i was actually praising u for ur wonderful writeup. my post helps to buttress most points made on this thread and i neva talked about Jesus. are u the other emofine[ the old one] or are u the new one with a different letter 'o' in ur name.
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by EEngineer1(m): 3:20pm On Jan 29, 2012
buzugee, i read the scripture psalm 49;11 and it just talks about something very vague which can only be made sense of when it is read with the whole psalm 49. even though its a known historical fact that scipio africanus named north africa after himself
Re: Why Do Africans Love White People So Much? Do We Know Our History? by buzugee(m): 3:34pm On Jan 29, 2012
E-Engineer:

buzugee, i read the scripture psalm 49;11 and it just talks about something very vague which can only be made sense of when it is read with the whole psalm 49. even though its a known historical fact that scipio africanus named north africa after himself
ahhh see, to translate scripture you need wisdom. this is the verse here 'Their graves are their homes forever, their dwelling places to all generations, though they called lands by their own names.'

the scripture is talking about the future and pride of the edomites (europeans). what this scripture means is that they will all experience the second death (death of the spirit) and will never be re-incarnated again as the rest of us will be, and hence the graves will be their home forever. this despite them thinking they are immortal and arrogantly naming land masses after themselves
AMERICA-amerigo vespucci
AFRICA-scipio africanus

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Senators To Oppose Yakubu’s Confirmation As INEC Chair / Jafaru Sani: I Didn't Discuss Ministerial Appointment With Tinubu - Uba Sani / Presidency Begs Buhari To Settle Abati Libel Suit Out Of Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.