Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,055 members, 7,810,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

FGN Savings Bond - Investment (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / FGN Savings Bond (43553 Views)

FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September / FGN Savings Bond / Federal Government To Sell N5,000 Savings Bond To Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FGN Savings Bond by ernie4life(m): 6:53am On Feb 27, 2020
Willie2015:

Pls any news on the Sukuk slated for this month..

No news yet
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Pascopele: 4:39pm On Mar 03, 2020
cry
Today's March Savings Bond Offer Circular shows a shedding of over 1% off the last one of February.

2-Year FGN Savings Bond due March11, 2022: 4.131% per annum
3-Year FGN Savings Bond due March 11, 2023: 5.131% per annum
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Kolping: 5:06pm On Mar 03, 2020
FGN Savings Bond Offer for Subscription, March 2020

1 Like

Re: FGN Savings Bond by Uchefrancis16(m): 4:39am On Mar 09, 2020
Hello house

I tried purchasing the federal government bond announced earlier in January through stanbic bank and the whole thing is looking So difficult and confusing.

At first, despite stanbic being listed as one of the places one can get the bond, their staffs didn’t know anything about it. I had to make calls upon calls to their various customer care number before I could get hold of someone who understood me.

To cut the long story short, I went to the bank, explained to the staff in charge of bonds whom as expected knew nothing about it. But after I gave her some specific information about the bond as given to me by their customer care, she swong into action.

But up till now, we are stock at opening a cscs account. I’ve been to the bank trice to ask why it’s taking time, and it’s one story to the other.

Pls, does it take time to open a cscs account? We’ve been on this since January. Last time they told me the ID provided was dark. I’ve given them another ID, yet it’s taking ages.

Also, is there a way I can get this bond easily. I am considering approaching Firstbank.

Kindly note it’s not the normal fgn savings bond with max of 5 years tenure. This one has upto 30 years and with better rates. See screenshot for more details

1 Like

Re: FGN Savings Bond by Nobody: 5:55am On Mar 09, 2020
Uchefrancis16:
Hello house

I tried purchasing the federal government bond announced earlier in January through stanbic bank and the whole thing is looking So difficult and confusing.

At first, despite stanbic being listed as one of the places one can get the bond, their staffs didn’t know anything about it. I had to make calls upon calls to their various customer care number before I could get hold of someone who understood me.

To cut the long story short, I went to the bank, explained to the staff in charge of bonds whom as expected knew nothing about it. But after I gave her some specific information about the bond as given to me by their customer care, she swong into action.

But up till now, we are stock at opening a cscs account. I’ve been to the bank trice to ask why it’s taking time, and it’s one story to the other.

Pls, does it take time to open a cscs account? We’ve been on this since January. Last time they told me the ID provided was dark. I’ve given them another ID, yet it’s taking ages.

Also, is there a way I can get this bond easily. I am considering approaching Firstbank.

Kindly note it’s not the normal fgn savings bond with max of 5 years tenure. This one has upto 30 years and with better rates. See screenshot for more details
Call or email their stockbroker and explain ... they should sort it ASAP
01-4220004
stockbroking@stanbicibtc.com

Call is better.

2 Likes

Re: FGN Savings Bond by olujaidi: 7:30am On Mar 09, 2020
Uchefrancis16:
Hello house

You can also try Meristem Securities
Re: FGN Savings Bond by DaBogu: 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2020
United capital
Uchefrancis16:
Hello house

Re: FGN Savings Bond by Uchefrancis16(m): 7:21pm On Mar 19, 2020
Sefiuu:

Call or email their stockbroker and explain ... they should sort it ASAP
01-4220004
stockbroking@stanbicibtc.com

Call is better.

Thank u

I called them directly and they gave me their reason for the slowness.

Have been able to rectify the issue and account has now been opened.

2 Likes

Re: FGN Savings Bond by Uchefrancis16(m): 7:22pm On Mar 19, 2020
Stanbic sent me this a few mins ago. Pls house I need help translating this.

What’s the actual yield/percentage I get yearly if I invest in this bonds (using that of 2037 for example)?

Thank u

Re: FGN Savings Bond by mercy87(f): 7:27pm On Mar 19, 2020
Meself i wan do some investment. Will I be paid monthly? When is the next bond pls?
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Kolping: 5:36pm On Mar 31, 2020
DMO suspends April 2020 FGN savings bond offer
By Chike Olisah -March 31, 2020
https://nairametrics.com/2020/03/31/dmo-suspends-april-2020-fgn-savings-bond-offer

The Debt Management Office (DMO) has announced the suspension of the FGN Savings Bond Offer, which was slated for the month of April 2020.

This was disclosed in a press statement that was released by the DMO on Monday, March 30, 2020 and seen by Nairametrics.

Part of the statement read, “The Debt Management Office (DMO) wishes to inform the general public that the FGN Savings Bond Offer for the month of April 2020, which was scheduled for April 6 – 10, 2020 has been suspended’’. ‘The DMO wishes to assure the general public that the FGN Savings Bond Offers will resume when the conditions change.”

1 Like

Re: FGN Savings Bond by medaura(m): 8:00pm On Apr 16, 2020
Good day guys. I have invested in Jan2020 FG savings bond. The coupon payment was suppose to start 15-April. But am yet to receive payment. Please can anyone help me with what to do.
Re: FGN Savings Bond by titilope07: 9:46pm On Apr 16, 2020
Has anybody received alert today? Have been expecting the payment since morning what is going on please?
Re: FGN Savings Bond by X21: 10:04pm On Apr 16, 2020
medaura:
Good day guys. I have invested in Jan2020 FG savings bond. The coupon payment was suppose to start 15-April. But am yet to receive payment. Please can anyone help me with what to do.

received mine via gtb yesterday
Re: FGN Savings Bond by X21: 10:05pm On Apr 16, 2020
titilope07:
Has anybody received alert today? Have been expecting the payment since morning what is going on please?

check your bank account balance
alert fails some times
Re: FGN Savings Bond by titilope07: 9:12am On Apr 17, 2020
X21:

alert fails some times
I just got paid now thanks I'm grateful
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Cheffy911: 12:31pm On Apr 17, 2020
titilope07:
Received alert today
Re: FGN Savings Bond by medaura(m): 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2020
X21:

alert fails some times

That means mine has problem. I have not receive payment up till now.
Re: FGN Savings Bond by steveneche(m): 9:35pm On May 07, 2020
when is may offer?
Re: FGN Savings Bond by steveneche(m): 12:15pm On May 12, 2020
why's this place quiet
Re: FGN Savings Bond by X21: 1:15pm On May 12, 2020
steveneche:
why's this place quiet

savings bond sales on suspense. rates are too low
Re: FGN Savings Bond by bmarketing: 5:27pm On May 16, 2020
Kolping:
CSCS Online Subscription Fees Update

Please what is the meaning of these fees? Thanks
Re: FGN Savings Bond by bmarketing: 5:37pm On May 16, 2020
Kolping:
If you know your cscs account number, you can access your account details online with CSCS after paying the 2,500 yearly fee.

Stanbic Asset Management can purchase FGN savings bond on your behalf once you've filled the savings form and transferred the money to them. This can be done ny email. I suppose they are your new stockbroker.

Hey brother, but Stanbic IBTC Stockbrokers and not Stanbic Asset Management is the one on the list of accredited stockbroking firms. I'm confused
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Emmaesty(f): 8:43am On Jun 10, 2020
Please what is the latest offer
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 14, 2020
angry
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Akin3891: 9:34pm On Jul 17, 2020
Uchefrancis16:
Hello house

Were you able to buy the bonds eventually?
Re: FGN Savings Bond by DaBogu: 6:54am On Jul 26, 2020
Emmaesty:
Please what is the latest offer
it been suspended.
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Uchefrancis16(m): 6:14pm On Jul 27, 2020
Akin3891:

Were you able to buy the bonds eventually?

No

After all the procedures, and me getting the stock broking account opened, the secondary market rates I was getting from Stanbic was too poor. So I passed.

What I later did was use some for dollar fund. And put the rest in sukuk 2020 bond at 11.2%

1 Like

Re: FGN Savings Bond by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 27, 2020
wink
Re: FGN Savings Bond by thobbierulz: 11:02am On Sep 16, 2020
To live a Good life especially in this current economic climate, one source of income isn’t going to cut it.
 It is important now more than ever to increase your streams of income. One way to achieve this is through income investment. Many of us are engaged or have been engaged in one type of income investment or another while some of us have not. Either way you can share your journey and insight with me while learning one or two things about the opportunities in income investing by taking out a few minutes to fill this survey.
 Thank you in advance for your time and good luck with your finances.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf2_GPHnp7SQEWu9VFDrPLhx5cGQJ6Z63jTperwsqF-ZMYBIA/viewform
Re: FGN Savings Bond by PHOTSEE(m): 12:18pm On Dec 12, 2020
Please is the suspension off the fgn saving bond? what are the coupon rate like?
Re: FGN Savings Bond by DaBogu: 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2021
PHOTSEE:
Please is the suspension off the fgn saving bond? what are the coupon rate like?
No

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

MMM Cooperation Crashes / Wales Kingdom Capital (A Ponzi Scheme Or Legit) / About-to-wed Man Who Drank Insecticide Over MMM Crash Dies In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.