Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

FGN Savings Bond - Investment (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / FGN Savings Bond (43611 Views)

FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September / FGN Savings Bond / Federal Government To Sell N5,000 Savings Bond To Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FGN Savings Bond by OkodiDenzel: 1:18pm On Sep 19, 2022
abraolas1:

i just recieve my first coupon this morning .... waiting for the 2 remaining coupon . to answer your question , i do invest through United Capital Securities do i direct my complaint to them

Thanks a great deal.

They have paid mine too.
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Foodempire: 11:32pm On Dec 14, 2022
OkodiDenzel:

Thanks a great deal.

They have paid mine too.

Please when is the next bond offer coming up? I will like to invest. Can I invest through my bank or must it be done through the accredited Stockbroking firms?
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Nobody: 3:31am On Dec 15, 2022
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Nobody: 3:51am On Dec 15, 2022
Re: FGN Savings Bond by OkodiDenzel: 5:15am On Dec 15, 2022
Foodempire:

Please when is the next bond offer coming up? I will like to invest. Can I invest through my bank or must it be done through the accredited Stockbroking firms?

1. The savings bond primary issue for this month is closed except you want to buy from the secondary market.

2. Yes you need to open a CSCS account with a stock broking firm. However most banks may be able to link you up. (However I did mine from home, never had to walk into any office).

3. You might want to explore T-Bills as they have juicy rates too but it's for 1year max. I would also advise you do some readup to understand the dynamics. Let me try:

1. T-Bills
The minimum investment amount is 5k and above for a duration of 91, 182 and 364days tenure maximum). Interest is paid at the start of investment upfront.

2. FGN Savings Bond
The minimum investment amount is 5k and maximum 50m for a duration of 2 and 3years tenure maximum). Interest is paid quarterly.

3. FGN Bond
The minimum investment amount is 50m and above for a duration of 5,7,10,15,20,25 and 30 years tenure maximum). Interest is paid semi annually.

2 Likes

Re: FGN Savings Bond by IHelp: 12:46pm On Feb 08, 2023
FGN savings bond will be coming up between the 6th of February 2023 and 10th of February 2023

2-Year FGN Savings Bond due February 15, 2025: 10.043% Per annum
3-Year FGN Savings Bond due February 15, 2026: 11.043% Per annum

1 Like

Re: FGN Savings Bond by Adeoye11(m): 6:29am On Feb 16, 2023
Please when hoping to buy a bond , what does buying in a multiple of 5000 for a minimum of 5million mean*?
Am a newbie in this.
Re: FGN Savings Bond by aieromon(m): 7:01am On Feb 16, 2023
Adeoye11:
Please when hoping to buy a bond , what does buying in a multiple of 5000 for a minimum of 5million mean*?
Am a newbie in this.

Minimum is 5 million and you are allowed to top up in multiples of 5000 e.g
6,600,000 etc
This means that a value of 5,023,456 is not allowed while a value of 5,023,000 is acceptable because there is the minimum of 5,000,000 and the balance of 23,000 which is 46 multiples of 5,000 (23,000 divided by 5,000).

1 Like

Re: FGN Savings Bond by Adeoye11(m): 8:04pm On Feb 17, 2023
Oh ok thanks .
God bless you
Re: FGN Savings Bond by IHelp: 2:26pm On Mar 06, 2023
March

2-Year FGN Savings Bond due March 15, 2025: 9.465% Per annum
3-Year FGN Savings Bond due March 15, 2026: 10.465% Per annum

1 Like

Re: FGN Savings Bond by Nemenma: 9:05am On Apr 17, 2023
Saving bond April 2021 2years saving bond, who has received theirs. I haven't received mine n who do I channel my complain to
Re: FGN Savings Bond by freeman67: 9:46am On Apr 17, 2023
Nemenma:
Saving bond April 2021 2years saving bond, who has received theirs. I haven't received mine n who do I channel my complain to

What is the expected payment date? Have your been receiving the coupon payment prior to this time? Are you very sure of the account you submitted to them? Have checked the account balance either by mobile app, internet banking, ATM or even in the branch not expecting payment alerts.

If your answers to my questions above are positive and you are sure the expected payment date is past will like 3 days. Then you have to mail the source through which you invested with your complain. Just send a mail to the band or investment house through which you invested and they will then contact the CSCS on your behalf for the payment.
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Nemenma: 11:06am On Apr 17, 2023
The payment was suppose to be on Friday. Other questions r positive
freeman67:

What is the expected payment date? Have your been receiving the coupon payment prior to this time? Are you very sure of the account you submitted to them? Have checked the account balance either by mobile app, internet banking, ATM or even in the branch not expecting payment alerts.

If your answers to my questions above are positive and you are sure the expected payment date is past will like 3 days. Then you have to mail the source through which you invested with your complain. Just send a mail to the band or investment house through which you invested and they will then contact the CSCS on your behalf for the payment.
Re: FGN Savings Bond by freeman67: 2:05pm On Apr 17, 2023
Nemenma:
The payment was suppose to be on Friday. Other questions r positive

Then you will have to exercise a little patience till tomorrow evening. If you don't see it, then contact the bank or investment house through which you invested. They will contact CSCS on your behalf.
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Nemenma: 8:56am On Apr 18, 2023
Settled
freeman67:

Then you will have to exercise a little patience till tomorrow evening. If you don't see it, then contact the bank or investment house through which you invested. They will contact CSCS on your behalf.

1 Like

Re: FGN Savings Bond by IHelp: 10:25am On Jun 07, 2023
The Seventy-two(72) series of the FGN savings bond will be coming up between the 5th of June 2023 and 9th of June 2023

2-Year FGN Savings Bond due June 14, 2025: 10.301% Per annum
3-Year FGN Savings Bond due June 14, 2026: 11.301% Per annum

1 Like

Re: FGN Savings Bond by bfn1: 11:11pm On Jul 04, 2023
FGN Savings Bond July 2023

3 Likes

Re: FGN Savings Bond by adetunrayo(f): 6:13pm On Oct 06, 2023
When is the next FGN saving bond?
Re: FGN Savings Bond by freeman67: 8:31pm On Oct 06, 2023
adetunrayo:
When is the next FGN saving bond?

FGN Savings Bond is auctioned monthly. The auction for Oct started earlier and closed today 6/10/23. If that's the only one you are interested in, you can wait till next month.

However, if you are interested in another, there is Sukuk VI that's still ongoing. It will close by Wednesday 11/10/23. You can invest same amount you intend to invest in FGN Savings Bond there.

The differences/ possible downside are:
1. Tenure for the SUKUK is longer; 10 year compared to 2 or 3 years of the FGN savings Bond. 2. The rent/coupon payment for Sukuk is biannual while that of FGN Savings Bond is Quarterly and as such more frequent.

The difference/ Upside is that; the Sukuk rate is better. It's pegged at 15.75 while those of FGN Savings Bond were pegged at 11.074% & 12.074% for the 2 and 3 years respectively. Also, the 2 downsides above if flipped around could be taken as advantages too. Depending on your preference.

2 Likes

Re: FGN Savings Bond by efismikoko(m): 5:04pm On Feb 14
Good Evening folks

Pls I am supposed to get paid today but nothing now
Pls do we have anyone expecting payment today too
Re: FGN Savings Bond by freeman67: 10:49pm On Feb 14
efismikoko:
Good Evening folks

Pls I am supposed to get paid today but nothing now
Pls do we have anyone expecting payment today too

I don't know the exact one yours is. My expectations was on 11th which fell on Saturday however, it wasn't even paid on 12th. I received it on 13th instead.

So sometimes, there are delays like that but if what you are expecting is the first coupon/interest, you may wish to just email your bank/broker about it. They will either notify you if it hasn't been paid or trace and see if there was any error along the line if it has been paid.
Re: FGN Savings Bond by efismikoko(m): 5:21pm On Feb 15
freeman67:

I don't know the exact one yours is. My expectations was on 11th which fell on Saturday however, it wasn't even paid on 12th. I received it on 13th instead.

So sometimes, there are delays like that but if what you are expecting is the first coupon/interest, you may wish to just email your bank/broker about it. They will either notify you if it hasn't been paid or trace and see if there was any error along the line if it has been paid.

Yes it’s my first interest it’s actually today after I checked
But I have still not received it I will wait till tomorrow morning before I mail then
Thanks
Re: FGN Savings Bond by efismikoko(m): 6:36pm On Feb 15
Wow received thanks
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Fyabdul: 10:58am On Apr 13
Good morning all. Please when next is sukuk bond?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Create Awareness Of Your Brand, Business With Our Cheaper Bulk SMS/Robocalls / MMM Cooperation Crashes / Wales Kingdom Capital (A Ponzi Scheme Or Legit)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.