Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

FGN Savings Bond - Investment (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / FGN Savings Bond (43604 Views)

FG's Savings Bond September Offer Closes 7th September / FGN Savings Bond / Federal Government To Sell N5,000 Savings Bond To Public (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FGN Savings Bond by DaBogu: 12:20pm On Feb 25, 2021
Its back if you misses Febraury 2021 do not miss next mont
Re: FGN Savings Bond by DaBogu: 11:31am On Mar 11, 2021
Good morning
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Leezah(f): 4:26pm On Mar 27, 2021
Emmaesty:
Please what is the latest offer
I co-ask.
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 27, 2021
Please I'm a novice on this and would love to invest. . Please explain to me the difference between FGN Bond and FGN saving bond . Please also tell me about Treasury Bill; what's it all about? . Please how and through with medium can I invest in the above listed terms. . Thanks for your help.
Re: FGN Savings Bond by DaBogu: 9:00am On Mar 28, 2021
inspirator1:
Please I'm a novice on this and would love to invest.
Please explain to me the difference between FGN Bond and FGN saving bond
Please also tell me about Treasury Bill; what's it all about?
Please how and through with medium can I invest in the above listed terms.
Thanks for your help.
Read about FG savings bond from the first page.

There is a thread for treasury bills

You can use any of the banks to invest in any of the above mention items.

Current rate of TB for a yr is 7%
FG savings bond for 3 yrs is about 4% not so sure
Re: FGN Savings Bond by freeman67: 9:23am On Mar 28, 2021
CBN savings rates has gone above 2 and 3 years have gone above 4%. Attached is the notice I received from my broker.

Re: FGN Savings Bond by DaBogu: 9:25am On Mar 28, 2021
freeman67:
CBN savings rates has gone above 2 and 3 years have gone above 4%. Attached is the notice I received from my broker.
Thank you for the information
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Nobody: 3:38pm On Mar 28, 2021
DaBogu:
Read about FG savings bond from the first page.

There is a thread for treasury bills

You can use any of the banks to invest in any of the above mention items.

Current rate of TB for a yr is 7%
FG savings bond for 3 yrs is about 4% not so sure
Thanks for your response. However the 4% is it quarterly or yearly
Re: FGN Savings Bond by DaBogu: 4:43pm On Mar 28, 2021
inspirator1:

Thanks for your response. However the 4% is it quarterly or yearly
You are paid 3 times in a year kindly read the details on www.dmo.gov.ng
Re: FGN Savings Bond by freeman67: 7:21am On May 05, 2021
FGN Savings Bond for may 2021.

3 Likes

Re: FGN Savings Bond by DaBogu: 3:07pm On May 08, 2021
Poor
Re: FGN Savings Bond by expliciit: 2:20am On May 17, 2021
Hello everyone, please I want to sale my sukuk bond (fgsukuk2024)bought about 4500 units: price consideration as at when I bought was #1075, my question is if I sale now do I loose part of my capital? Its been held for about 1 and half years now
Thanks all
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Nobody: 10:49am On May 29, 2021
For a layman, kindly state the steps to
take to be part of this FGN savings bond. I'm so much interested but somewhat confused.

Cc: DaBogu, Freeman67, IHELP.
Re: FGN Savings Bond by freeman67: 1:11pm On May 29, 2021
SimplyFacts:
For a layman, kindly state the steps to
take to be part of this FGN savings bond. I'm so much interested but somewhat confused.

Cc: DaBogu, Freeman67, IHELP.

In order not to litter this page with repetition, all you seek in on page one. The definition and purpose, and means through which you can subscribe/be part of it. I don't know the area you are not getting.

However, if I may add, you will first of all open an account with an active accredited stockbroker on operating on the Nigeria stock exchange (NSE). It is through that account you will apply/request for subscription. I don't know the city you reside; in cities like Lagos, Abuja and PH you can easily located one physically and open the account. However, there are several Stockbroker through which you can open the account with online; like Morgan Capital Securities Limited, Investment One, United Capital/Investnow and lots more.. The list of the accredited stock brokers by the DMO is on page one of this thread.

Most of them most times, will require you open the account with funds while opening but even if they don't, you will need to pay money into the account for your desired use/investment. The minimum you can invest is N5,000 while the maximum is N50,000,000.

It is issued once in every month with 2 tenures of 2 & 3 years except where/when the FG through DMO decide not to for a reason.

The interest rates are stated by the DMO at the commencement of the issue. So you do not get to decide that.

How this helps...

5 Likes

Re: FGN Savings Bond by DaBogu: 9:36am On Jun 08, 2021
wink
freeman67:

In order not to litter this page with repetition, all you seek in on page one. The definition and purpose, and means through which you can subscribe/be part of it. I don't know the area you are not getting.

However, if I may add, you will first of all open an account with an active accredited stockbroker on operating on the Nigeria stock exchange (NSE). It is through that account you will apply/request for subscription. I don't know the city you reside; in cities like Lagos, Abuja and PH you can easily located one physically and open the account. However, there are several Stockbroker through which you can open the account with online; like Morgan Capital Securities Limited, Investment One, United Capital/Investnow and lots more.. The list of the accredited stock brokers by the DMO is on page one of this thread.

Most of them most times, will require you open the account with funds while opening but even if they don't, you will need to pay money into the account for your desired use/investment. The minimum you can invest is N5,000 while the maximum is N50,000,000.

It is issued once in every month with 2 tenures of 2 & 3 years except where/when the FG through DMO decide not to for a reason.

The interest rates are stated by the DMO at the commencement of the issue. So you do not get to decide that.

How this helps...
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Kolping: 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2022
FGN Savings Bond for February 2022

1 Like

Re: FGN Savings Bond by DaBogu: 6:02pm On Feb 26, 2022
wink
Kolping:
FGN Savings Bond for February 2022

Re: FGN Savings Bond by Kolping: 9:04pm On Feb 27, 2022
Reporting for duty...
DaBogu:
wink
Re: FGN Savings Bond by Kolping: 7:43pm On Mar 07, 2022
FGN Savings Bond for March 2022

1 Like

Re: FGN Savings Bond by IHelp: 3:22pm On Aug 03, 2022
2-Year FGN Savings Bond due August 10, 2024: @ 9.413% per annum
3-Year FGN Savings Bond due August 10, 2025: @ 10.413% per annum

Re: FGN Savings Bond by ehay(f): 11:20am On Aug 12, 2022
Pls has anyone subscribed for fgn savings bond through Morgan capital? How reliable are they? And also the best stockbroking firm to subscribe through without issues.

Thanksss...
Re: FGN Savings Bond by IHelp: 9:01pm On Aug 12, 2022
ehay:
Pls has anyone subscribed for fgn savings bond through Morgan capital? How reliable are they? And also the best stockbroking firm to subscribe through without issues.

Thanksss...

I have used them severally for the fgn savings bond. They are okay
Re: FGN Savings Bond by ehay(f): 10:42pm On Aug 12, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]
IHelp:

I have used them severally for the fgn savings bond. They are okay

Thanks a million.
Re: FGN Savings Bond by OkodiDenzel: 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2022
Who else was expecting coupon payment on Friday September 16th?
Re: FGN Savings Bond by OkodiDenzel: 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2022
Re: FGN Savings Bond by abraolas1: 5:03am On Sep 19, 2022
OkodiDenzel:

I have three coupon September 15 and 16 haven't seen any .... Giving them today before I'll ask what the issues is
Re: FGN Savings Bond by OkodiDenzel: 6:09am On Sep 19, 2022
abraolas1:

I have three coupon September 15 and 16 haven't seen any .... Giving them today before I'll ask what the issues is

Thanks at least it's consoling that I'm not alone. It means it's general.

Who do you normally direct complaints to?
Re: FGN Savings Bond by freeman67: 7:19am On Sep 19, 2022
OkodiDenzel:

Was expecting 2 on 15th and 16th too but didn't see anything. I will be expecting them today sha.
Re: FGN Savings Bond by OkodiDenzel: 10:20am On Sep 19, 2022
freeman67:

Was expecting 2 on 15th and 16th too but didn't see anything. I will be expecting them today sha.

They have done the needful

2 Likes

Re: FGN Savings Bond by abraolas1: 11:19am On Sep 19, 2022
OkodiDenzel:

Thanks at least it's consoling that I'm not alone. It means it's general.

Who do you normally direct complaints to?

i just recieve my first coupon this morning .... waiting for the 2 remaining coupon . to answer your question , i do invest through United Capital Securities do i direct my complaint to them

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Create Awareness Of Your Brand, Business With Our Cheaper Bulk SMS/Robocalls / MMM Cooperation Crashes / Wales Kingdom Capital (A Ponzi Scheme Or Legit)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.