Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,564 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen (10302 Views)

4 Things All Nigerian Politicians Cannot Afford To Buy - Check List / Walter Onnoghen Meets With Buhari Behind Closed-Door At The Presidential Villa / CJN Slot: Buhari Under Pressure, As Plot To Sideline Onnoghen Thickens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by Kingspin(m): 6:19am On Mar 02, 2017
Abuja - Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen, said he would ensure the independence of the judiciary to check the rate of corruption in the country. He gave the assurance while responding to questions from senators while being screened for confirmation at the Senate on Wednesday in Abuja.

“I assure you that I will not compromise my integrity, and the independence of the judiciary will be re-enforced under my watch. “I believe that you don’t need to see a judge before you have justice,” he said.

Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Nkanu Onnoghen On cases of conflicting judgements, Onnoghen said that such was bound to happen because different processes were followed by judges.

“The system has its own regulatory mechanism through the means of appeal; that is how we resolve conflicting judgements. “But, to think that we can do away with conflicting judgements is not possible,” he said. Onnoghen said that it would be impossible for politicians “to pocket” the judiciary under his leadership, explaining that “the moment the judiciary is politicised, justice will be denied the common man’’.

He said that the judiciary was in the process of modernising its processes to meet with international best practices. On the appointment of Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), he said that it was not the duty of Justices of the Supreme Court but the Legal Practitioners Privileges Committee.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/03/now-politicians-cannot-pocket-judiciary-leadership-onnoghen/

8 Likes

Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by Kingspin(m): 6:22am On Mar 02, 2017
No wonder the same government never wanted to confirm you but, sir we need to watch your words as your action.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by Nobody: 6:23am On Mar 02, 2017
Everyone has got a price. tongue

10 Likes

Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by kokosin: 6:24am On Mar 02, 2017
Edo Governor is a gone.... my show laughing at obaseki n osho..ole

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by Sunnymatey(m): 6:29am On Mar 02, 2017
May God give you the grace to deliver on your promises and may he guide you against your enemies in Jesus name

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by watered(m): 6:33am On Mar 02, 2017
Initial gragra! When e set we go know.

15 Likes

Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by DavSagacity(m): 6:34am On Mar 02, 2017
Oga will done hear u. ur predecessors talk pass like that. they were paid their salaries in Naira . but na pounds sterling and dollars full them them wardrobe.
We have heard you. Time will tell.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by morbeta(m): 6:45am On Mar 02, 2017
Normal statement until you work the talk....as for me na........OYO

3 Likes

Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by Rilwayne001: 6:51am On Mar 02, 2017
Talk is cheap. We need action not empty promises. That was how Apc scammed us.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by greatgod2012(f): 6:56am On Mar 02, 2017
As usual, this one too have started his own sweet talks!

Until we see your words corresponding with your actions, you're just sweet-talking!

Enough of empty promises!

5 Likes

Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by id911(m): 6:58am On Mar 02, 2017
coolesmile:
Every has got a price. tongue

you dont know who onnoghen is, if u know his antecedent you won't say such. He is a no nonsense judge that is why buhari was afraid for him to head the judiciary. Dont say what you dont know bro

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by okosodo: 7:08am On Mar 02, 2017
I am sure that this man has something to prove. If not the cabals would not have rejected him outright

4 Likes

Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by edoboy33(m): 7:08am On Mar 02, 2017
chief justice onnoghen Berra stop lieing
Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by MarshRiley(m): 7:13am On Mar 02, 2017
No wonder sai baba didn't want to confirm you,he needs someone he can't pocket and as you no wan enter pcoket,wahala go dey be that na
Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by omenkaLives(m): 7:16am On Mar 02, 2017
greatgod2012:
As usual, this one too have started his own sweet talks!

Until we see your words corresponding with your actions, you're just sweet-talking!

Enough of empty promises!
Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by 2kass(m): 7:20am On Mar 02, 2017
I hope this is not a bit to increase the price he collects as settlement fee...

4 Likes

Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by Lanretoye(m): 7:39am On Mar 02, 2017
so help u God
Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by ellechrystal(f): 9:04am On Mar 02, 2017
No wonder, it took them this long ,
But oga, if I were you, I will do my job quietly.
Don't let them know ur plans, actions they say is better than words.
Before this cabal go plan to kill u o

1 Like

Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 02, 2017
sad

MarshRiley:
No wonder sai baba didn't want to confirm you,he needs someone he can't pocket and as you no wan enter pcoket,wahala go dey be that na

Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by osolee(m): 9:05am On Mar 02, 2017
na lie...you self go begin dey hide money for soak-away grin grin
Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by onyekaokechukwu: 9:05am On Mar 02, 2017
Nigeria!

Those with sins always cast stones.

Whom are you deceiving?

This man is swimming in the pockets of many politicians and he's here yarning trash.

4 Likes

Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by Babaneh(m): 9:06am On Mar 02, 2017
we pray you wont be bought over by cabals
Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by AngelicBeing: 9:06am On Mar 02, 2017
Well said, get to work quickly and use some politicians as a scape goat, start with saraki, Amaechi and several others hiding in different part of the country to set example that you are on that seat to sanitize the system, l am tired of plea bargain, there should be swift justice, make sure all the cases coming from EFCC / ICPC are dispensed with on time and punishment given to those found guilty l want to see a high profile politician sent to jail to send a clear message to others that it is no longer business as usual, they have bled Nigeria to zero, it is time they vomit all they swallowed, useless politicians cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by Sora86: 9:07am On Mar 02, 2017
We all hope so
Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by obembet(f): 9:07am On Mar 02, 2017
Till then
Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by YOUNGrapha(m): 9:09am On Mar 02, 2017
wait until Amaechi fashola and co start visiting u with trailer filled with money......

I have concluded that every single soul from Nigeria both young and old's even dead and yet to born ARE ALL CORRUPT undecided
Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by clevadani: 9:09am On Mar 02, 2017
We are watching.
Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by tribalistseun: 9:12am On Mar 02, 2017
Buhari is in trouble
Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by Ikigia: 9:12am On Mar 02, 2017
I will believe you in few months from now
Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by Dee60: 9:13am On Mar 02, 2017
What is his answer to the allegations of judges taking huge bribes, or any bribes at all, from lawyers and defendants? What is the answer to this presumed great menace that can inflict huge damage to the Judiciary and to Justice itself?

Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?

Nigerians are asking for answers.

Strange that the Senate did not ask that question. Strange, but not a surprise at all.
Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 9:13am On Mar 02, 2017
Rilwayne001:
Talk is cheap. We need action not empty promises. That was how Apc scammed us.
grin bring back my YourMain cry
Re: Now Politicians Cannot “pocket” The Judiciary Under My Leadership – Onnoghen by MrGreenMavro: 9:15am On Mar 02, 2017
cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Plan To Remove Subsidy Now - Federal Government Insists / Goodluck Jonathan: Politicians Should Not See Elections As Coup / TUC Gives FG 2-Week Ultimatum On Palliatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.