Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,935 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others (19967 Views)

Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Return Nigeria To Recession / Militants Threaten To Stop Oil Exploration Over PMB's Focus On Northern Nigeria / "Unfulfilled Promises": Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Resume Bombings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by Dino98: 11:52am On Mar 02, 2017
That's not out of RESPECT but FEAR...
Ioannes:

Respect is earned not given. Do you see them killing Americans? Exactly!
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by Dino98: 11:56am On Mar 02, 2017
Serendip:
Nigeria, let's re-examine ourselves. If you've been to South Africa, you'll begin to rethink that self-acclaimed title as the GIANT OF AFRICA. Let's develop our land, hold our government accountable and stop claiming this sense of entitlement in other people's land. We are very quick to cry wolf..everybody hates us but we have refused to embark on some thorough introspection. Let's change our ways. Peace smiley

GIANT OF AFRICA cos of our ECONOMIC POWER and MILITARY POWER not cos of developments...BTW SA is like that cos they still av whites imbedded in them.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by Nobody: 11:57am On Mar 02, 2017
Dino98:
That's not out of RESPECT but FEAR...

Same thing.

You respect those you fear and fear those you respect.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by proprince(m): 12:01pm On Mar 02, 2017
kuuljay:
idiot!!! You've made me choke with laugh ...who send your friend grin grin

Hahahahahaha
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by Dino98: 12:05pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ioannes:

Same thing.

You respect those you fear and fear those you respect.

RESPECT and FEAR are totally different things sire... And comparing the US (a World Power) and Nigeria??...seriously
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 02, 2017
Dino98:

RESPECT and FEAR are totally different things sire... And comparing the US (a World Power) and Nigeria??...seriously

Respect and fear are the same thing when talking of nations.

I think I've addressed the issue of comparing US and Nigeria. Please check above for it. Thanks.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by MadeInSpain2015(m): 12:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
Good movement...
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by ojibabs(m): 12:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
Nice one let them shut down everywhere #team_shutdownSA na wetin dem suppose dey do be that no be to dey destroy pipeline
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by Enemyofpeace: 12:23pm On Mar 02, 2017
Why one month ultimatum?24 hours is enough jo
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by chachanga: 12:27pm On Mar 02, 2017
Cutehector:
This ain't the first time south Africans are killing Nigerians.. The first time they did it, our militants threatened to blow up mtn and co, watch the language, "threatened to"

And now it is happening again and our people are still threatening to.. When our people are being killed again...

The problem about we Nigerians is that we lack action..

South South Boys nor dey joke o.
Those boys can be destructive at will if you allow them.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by SHAMHOOD(m): 12:37pm On Mar 02, 2017
mr1759:
una wey dey talk say na empty treat , where opc, and arewa group and all those useless body.
only militant run things in this country the rest are stomach infrastructural group
u didn't include IPOB

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by medra(m): 1:32pm On Mar 02, 2017
How many southafricans re in Nigeria compared to Nigerians over there and moreover these attacks will nt do Nigerians any good,let dem jst look for ways to sort the issues...otherwise we have a large numbers of Nigerias working in all these southafrica companys here in Nigeria.I dont think dat will happen de economy @ dis critical tym de country is
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by eph12(m): 2:22pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ioannes:

You're an idealist, not a realist.

I've just described the way the world works, you're describing to me the way the world should work.

I never said it was right that Nigerians are being killed by their SAn counterparts, I'm only being realistic here.

There's a reason why stereotypes exist.

That's why wherever you are, be good and do your best because you're representing your family, your community, your tribe, your country, your continent and everybody who shares the same skin hue with you.

It's as simple as ABC.
You haven't seen or heard of someone wrongly accused and almost killed by jungle justice?
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
mr1759:
una wey dey talk say na empty treat , where opc, and arewa group and all those useless body.
only militant run things in this country the rest are stomach infrastructural group
And you are half intelligent enough to conclude that those calling "empty" threat are OPC/Arewa members only.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 02, 2017
eph12:

You haven't seen or heard of someone wrongly accused and almost killed by jungle justice?

Are you saying there are no Nigerian drug sellers or scammers in SA?
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by winj3: 3:17pm On Mar 02, 2017
Only ibo people will benefit from this, simply calling them Nigerians is enough to assume that all Nigerians are responsible and affected!

The Nigerians who used drugs, prostitution and crime to tarnish image and upset the SA barbarians are ibos!

Stop describing this as a Nigerian problem!
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by sshalom(m): 3:21pm On Mar 02, 2017
The fact that some illiterate, jealous and lazy South Africans are killing Nigerians is not enough for us to start attacking the nation's business interests in Nigeria. We should note that the bulk of employees of these companies are Nigerians.

What we should be pushing for is that our government should take a very hard and consistent steps in engaging their South African contemporaries on the need for the protection of Nigerians in that country. Secondly, if nothing serious is being done in this regard, Nigeria should push forward the nationalization of these business entities and the deportation of South African from our country.

Violence is never truly a solution to any challenge but frank and unbiased dialogue. May peace become the normal in our troubled continent.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by eph12(m): 3:48pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ioannes:

Are you saying there are no Nigerian drug sellers or scammers in SA?
No I am not. What I am saying is that it is not acceptable whether jungle justice in Nigeria or xenophobia in South Africa
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by maverick001: 3:48pm On Mar 02, 2017
abeg no blow am o......d unemployment rate is already too high......dere shd nt add to it abeg........how I go take watch EPL Nd la Liga, or beta mnet channels......Na true say dstv get substitute........Buh dere no get mate at all
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 02, 2017
eph12:

No I am not. What I am saying is that it is not acceptable whether jungle justice in Nigeria or xenophobia in South Africa

you are absolutely right and i agree with you. Nothing can justify the wanton killings perpetuated by barbaric SA killers. Yet our good wishes wont stop them from killing more if the opportunity arises.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 02, 2017
Serendip:
Nigeria, let's re-examine ourselves. If you've been to South Africa, you'll begin to rethink that self-acclaimed title as the GIANT OF AFRICA. Let's develop our land, hold our government accountable and stop claiming this sense of entitlement in other people's land. We are very quick to cry wolf..everybody hates us but we have refused to embark on some thorough introspection. Let's change our ways. Peace smiley

So why are they doing business in our own land? Are they not having a sense of entitlement?
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by uss25dec: 4:20pm On Mar 02, 2017
How i wish Abacha is alive. This is d action dat if d militants can carry it out, I wud support Dem . Enough of dis nonsense called xenophobic in SA. Lets show dem dat wat dey r doing, we can do it better. Dia govt shields wat dey r doing cos dey share d same mentality. In fact, if SA wants to kill, it shldnt b Nigerians cos dey full well d role Nigeria played till dey were emancipated from apartheid from d minority whites. I tell u dat if we do d same dey doing in SA to their businesses here in Nigeria, within 24 hours, their govt wud find d solution of d nonsense their citizens r doing. They knw how much their govt gets in Nigeria every day.
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by ifeanyi83(m): 6:28pm On Mar 02, 2017
I hope these folks are sensible enough to know that these institutions provide employment for millions of Nigerians...
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Niger Delta Militants Threaten To Shutdown MTN, Dstv, Others by Danny287(m): 8:35am On Mar 03, 2017
tintingz:
You stand with militant? Do you know the meaning of militant?

No i dont thats why i want you to educate me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Demolition Of Illegal Shops At Agric, Ikorodu Lagos (Photos) / 2019 Elections: Omoyele Sowore's Manifesto / 5 Things Nigerians Need To Know About Sowore Before The Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.