Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

The Big Question: Who Am I? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Big Question: Who Am I? (365 Views)

Open Question: Who Needs A Virgin? / The Big Question: Why Is The Male Expected To Suffer In Silence When Jilted ? / Question, Who Do You Admire Most? And WHY? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Big Question: Who Am I? by Newbeginnings(m): 7:18am On Mar 02, 2017
Everyday we think we meet different people of different nature, but in actual sense we meet the same kind of people everyday... well only in Nigeria I can confirm this...

Nowadays people don't grow up setting plans for themselves, or actually knowing who they really are.. how they will bring out themselves and make the world bend to their rules and be the master of their life... but instead they are being controlled by the society...

For example...

Ask someone (a lady for example) what she hopes to achieve herself... and her priorities are listed as a husband, children and a job.... Simple... just what the society wants her to go for.... the society does not see women as strong and independent enough to lead businesses, own industries and even be intelligent enough to make anything.. and that is what you see today.,. these girls grow into teenagers and are after boys or men, money, fashion, accessories and fun (mostly neglecting education and empowerment).. girls grow into ladies and there is more of the hocus pocus... this time they look for jobs because they don't want to rely on a man... But still they are not looking for too much... just to get a job to feed themselves and that is all...

No big idea there...

Simply because the society does not see them as the intelligent gender, as the leading gender, because the society does not see them as a gender which can make a reasonable change, that is why very few women are making changes today....

Because they are influenced by society and they don't really know who they are!.... They just think they do! Simply remove everything you believe about the society and kind of language you have learnt about this society and everything this society says you must be to acquire any necessity and ask yourself who am I?? What is my cause??....

Are you really existing or you are just a one among the 160m people present in the society.... have you been living based on the language you learnt from the society... based on the fact that you want to impress your friends... based on the fact that you don't want people to look down on you outside... have you been living the live the society wants you to live ..... or have you been living your life...

Have you been allowing society to decide what you are supposed to have at a certain age and what not to have... that at age 30 I am supposed to be married...?? or have you been living according to your own plans.... have you been living according to the things you hope to achieve to make your presence known in this world...

How many of you can sing this song by Beyonce titled "I was here" confidently

Who Am I??

This is just a heat up for a post I am going to render.. it is all about changing the African system of things.... this will help make people wiser, healthier and richer..

Do you know that Africans are still living the way they were living in the 1800s... in the 1800s Africans were not interested in exploring and knowing more and doing more about the world they see around them... but only interested in what they can use and as long as they get to feed and live... (through natural means such as farming, fishing, hunting).... Today... Africans are not interested in going one step further to give more to get to that millionaire status... or to improve their minds.... as long as they get to feed, live healthy... that is all... they don't care about improving the lives of others... that is how most of the great and rich people made it today...

Here are examples from African Women

Toke Mokinwa wrote a book "The Becoming" to improve the lives of others and today she enjoys the riches and popularity from that book and she may write another and get more...

Linda Ikeji provides an easy medium for people to get gossip and have fun on the internet... and how is she faring today??

Judith Meyer—Who wants to spend time waiting in line at the grocery store?! Judith definitely felt that way, so she started StoreDash. This online grocery delivery service saves valuable time for shoppers, while also providing unemployed women with a job delivering groceries.

Ramona Kasavan—Knowing there are South African girls who miss school due to lack of sanitary pads, Ramona Kasavan started Happy Days to provide quality, cost-effective sanitary pads to meet their needs. The company also has a direct selling model in order to create jobs for unemployed girls!

Anthea Petersen—To promote recycling and help women find employment, Anthea started Community Philanthropy Recycling. This organization allows women to establish women-owned recycling centers in their own communities. How great is that?!

Mogau Seshoene—A big fan of South African cuisine—yum!—Mogau founded The Lazy Makoti. The company empowers women in South African townships with cooking skills (which they can then use to host classes of their own), as well as the ability to sell kitchen accessories also made by local female entrepreneurs.

Stay Healthy, Stay Wise

Remember to follow... so that you may get to see the article....
Re: The Big Question: Who Am I? by McBrooklyn(m): 7:20am On Mar 02, 2017
cool
Re: The Big Question: Who Am I? by Newbeginnings(m): 7:31am On Mar 02, 2017
McBrooklyn:
cool

Interesting emoticon...

I am sure you got something from there.. remember to follow for the upcoming article (I will gladly follow back)
Re: The Big Question: Who Am I? by wordsmith042(m): 7:40am On Mar 02, 2017
Space book, no doubt this will be enormously thought provoking.
Re: The Big Question: Who Am I? by thonyrule(m): 7:40am On Mar 02, 2017
Newbeginnings:

Interesting emoticon...

I am sure you got something from there.. remember to follow for the upcoming article (I will gladly follow back)
McBrooklyn:
cool
that is called booking of space...
Nice article though, well done.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Banner Of A Man Marrying Two Wives / Next Week... / Where Is Smellymouth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.