Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,688 members, 7,831,129 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation (13879 Views)

FG Approves Payment Of Nigeria Airways Staff Entitlements / Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation / Daily Electricity Generation Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation by KanwuliaExtra: 1:28pm On Mar 02, 2017
With 20% kickbacks given BACK to the "FG"! cheesy
Another uncompleted/failed project!
Na today? undecided
Mtcheeeeew!

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 02, 2017
deeplow:
The money will soon disappear as usual.
Do you think the person in charge has Igbos middle name?

2 Likes

Re: FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation by Jesusloveyou: 1:30pm On Mar 02, 2017
Sunnyja:
Money has been entering people's pockets anyhow in this government. I remember people clearing grass in the desert with N270m, people getting forex at a ridiculous rate of N3/dollar and selling it for N520, people getting kick back to reduce the fine of a telecom company. Over N5.2tr is said not to be remitted by NNPC for over two years now.
Wasn't Fashola the one who showed us the relationship between a serious government and electricity in six months? Has the relationship proved workable?
did anybody told you any money is missing? Becos buhari did not give sgf any money that is missing,
Or did buhari give any dollars to bdc to change for nigeria?
If anybody cheat you in fx transaction, just take it as a business .

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation by Franchise21(m): 1:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
princemillla:

Kudos Fashola..... Wish we av more vibrant and intelligent personality like Fashola to head most of these ministries, may b we won't be here
U say??

Vibrant ko; Vibrant ni
Re: FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation by HonabFaj(m): 1:37pm On Mar 02, 2017
Keneking:
I am skeptical about this transaction grin

" NBET, as you know, is the government’s own company. That is the bulk electricity trader who buys power from the Gencos. The liquidity problems that have characterised the market have affected NBET’s ability to deliver on its PPP obligations through the Gencos."

- Who is NBET?
- Who owns Gencos?

Cant the FG take over NBET & Gencos?

Where is lalasticlala now

The Previous Administration sold 60% of the Nigeria Power company, the FG only control 40%
Dont forget that power sector was privatized Gencos is one of those that bought part of the share

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation by agabusta: 1:52pm On Mar 02, 2017
Mouthgag:
Since 1999, more than 10 TRILLION NAIRA has be spent on electricity, nothing much has changed since then, it's even worse now...

If by next year we don't see any improvement, then NOTHING CAN EVER WORK IN THIS COUNTRY AGAIN and I promise to relocate for good.
Re: FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation by Doyin2(m): 1:53pm On Mar 02, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
did anybody told tell you any money is missing? Becos buhari did not give sgf any money that is missing,
Or did buhari give any dollars to bdc to change for nigeria?
If anybody cheat you in fx transaction, just take it as a business .
Re: FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation by no1madman(m): 1:56pm On Mar 02, 2017
deeplow:
Our money!
Re: FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation by ardeysholah: 2:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
I pray they implement the fund on the project
Re: FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation by seguno2: 2:42pm On Mar 02, 2017
Super1Star:
OBJ bought new turbine for Kainji

Built Afam VI

Built Omotosho IPP

Built Geregu IPP.

Started 80% of all IPPS running today.

His projects are responsible for generating 85% of the MWs we have today.

In his dreams and those who call him baba despite their own darkness.
Terrible life.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation by princejayboss: 3:41pm On Mar 02, 2017
Fools running this nation; though I don't expect a lawyer to understand the different between generation, transmission and distribution....

Our dam problem is not generation but distribution of the little generated.

Give right people the job , dem no go gree
Re: FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation by purplekayc(m): 5:01pm On Mar 02, 2017
deeplow:
grin
Re: FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation by Dareomo(m): 5:12pm On Mar 02, 2017
I belief in BRF, the active Minister, Power will surely work in Nigeria under his watch.

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation by bensmith07: 8:14pm On Mar 02, 2017
at least we're beginning to witness a good start of a new govt. kudos osinbajo

1 Like

Re: FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation by GreatEngineer(m): 9:38pm On Mar 02, 2017
Mr. Fash don't let anyone hear that 10kobo is missing from this money, use it to give light or else your head will be cut off in a broad daylight.
Re: FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation by Femak86(m): 9:43pm On Mar 02, 2017
some people will just sit down somewhere and begin to embezzle the money. That's the end of the money.
Re: FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation by blank(f): 1:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
Keneking:
I am skeptical about this transaction grin

" NBET, as you know, is the government’s own company. That is the bulk electricity trader who buys power from the Gencos. The liquidity problems that have characterised the market have affected NBET’s ability to deliver on its PPP obligations through the Gencos."

- Who is NBET?
- Who owns Gencos?

Cant the FG take over NBET & Gencos?

Where is lalasticlala now

NBET is a special purpose vehicle for govt to deal with both the GENCOs and the DISCOs as part of the Power Purchase Agreement amongst all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banditry: Military Moves Army Day Celebration To Katsina / Enugu’s Oil Status: My Biggest Joy Is That My Successor Will Excel - Ugwuanyi / Nigeria Customs Service Gets New Comptroller General Of Customs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.