Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation (10028 Views)

Expect More Increase In Electricity Bill – NERC / Nigeria Ranks The Second Worst Country In Electricity Supply In 2017 / FG Approves N701bn To Boost Electricity Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by osahonmk(m): 8:06am On Mar 06, 2017
A private firm, Eta-Zuma Group West Africa Limited, has announced an investment outlay of $6bn to boost Nigeria’s electricity generation by 1,200 Megawatts.

The Chairman of the company, Dr. Innocent Ezuma, made the announcement during a press briefing in Abuja on Friday.

Ezuma, who was represented by Executive Director, Corporate Services, Ambassador Joseph Ayalogu, said the 1,200MW would be generated from coal, which the company is already mining in Kogi State.

He also stated that the company had acquired another licence from the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Agency to generate additional 400MW from gas.

Ezuma said 90 per cent of the work on the development stages had been completed and expressed confidence that the remaining agreements would be completed before the year runs out to enable the actual construction of the coal power plant to begin.

According to him, the first phase of the construction for the 400MW plant will take 30 months, adding that the subsequent phases would take lesser time to complete.

The Eta-Zuma boss also announced a N500m Community Development Fund spread across five years for the benefit of the communities that host the company’s coal mine in Kogi State.

Ezuma, whose firm acquired the Jos Steel Complex from the Federal Government in 2006, said the steel complex had not been able to go into production because of lack of guaranteed electricity supply.

To resolve the situation, he added that the company resolved to build a captive power plant that would ensure that the steel complex would get the guaranteed 100MW of electricity it required to be in production.

He said, “We have opened an active mine in Okobo, Ankpa Local Government Area of Kogi State and currently mine 50,000 metric tonnes of coal per month. We have the capacity to double that as demand increases.

“We are the leading suppliers of premium quality coal to Nigeria’s industrial end users, including Dangote and Zuma Energy coal-to-power project under development, which will supply 1,200MW of electricity to the grid.”

He added, “The Eta-Zuma Group and its sister-client companies have invested over $300m so far in various projects even though they are still at their development stages. The 1,200MW coal-to-power will require about $6bn to actualise.”

http://www.energywatchng.com/firm-invest-6bn-electricity-generation/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by Drtee(m): 8:07am On Mar 06, 2017
Let's hope itz true

2 Likes

Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by Lincoln275(m): 8:10am On Mar 06, 2017
another billion dollars to loot.

11 Likes

Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by obembet(f): 8:26am On Mar 06, 2017
K
Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by Singapore1(m): 8:27am On Mar 06, 2017
cool

3 Likes

Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by martineverest(m): 8:27am On Mar 06, 2017
naysayers wont like this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by sleeknick: 8:27am On Mar 06, 2017
tongue
Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by Tazdroid(m): 8:27am On Mar 06, 2017
Well this is a welcome development. I never knew power generation from coal was possible.

But the investment should be closely monitored. Some Nigerians no nothing other than to chop and clean mouth

3 Likes

Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by InsanePsycho(m): 8:28am On Mar 06, 2017
It might be just me but whenever I hear billions of naira and dollar in the same sentence with Nigeria I always think of one word

Loot undecided

1 Like

Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by martineverest(m): 8:28am On Mar 06, 2017
Lincoln275:
naysayer,this is an investment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by Lovegisty: 8:28am On Mar 06, 2017
grin

THEY SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE COUNTRY, BUT WE ARE NOT SEEING THEM AROUND. SEEING HOWEVER IS BELIEVING. WHATEVER!!!!

BUT THEN, CAN LADY KEEP HER MAN WITH THIS KIND OF MEAL?

SEE PHOTO HERE >>>http://www.usa-mmm.tk/p/how-to-keep-your-man-lol.html
Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by Ezedon(m): 8:29am On Mar 06, 2017
its only on media we hear good things in Nigeria but we don't see them

4 Likes

Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by veekid(m): 8:29am On Mar 06, 2017
No b small thing o
Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by NotComplaining: 8:30am On Mar 06, 2017
Time wasters republic of Nigeria
Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by banjeezay(m): 8:30am On Mar 06, 2017
same old story all day err day,this is shitty AF,we can't continue this way,we are being scammed in our father'sland, who's gonna help..? embarassed
Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by nNEOo(m): 8:30am On Mar 06, 2017
It a good development.....our ear hears best things in live our eyes? ....well you no the rest cry
Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 06, 2017
Its about Time undecided like seriously lets see how long it will take grin

1 Like

Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by abumeinben(m): 8:31am On Mar 06, 2017
grin

Possible reason: Coals are mined in the east, gases explored South South, yet the North enjoys power supply more than other zones.

Any else?
: yes please.

Spill it: By estimate, $1b generates 1000MW. How come $6b was raised to generate 1200MW of same electricity?

Besides, I hope this is not Zuma, our brotherly neighbour from down south.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by jideflash(m): 8:31am On Mar 06, 2017
Na so so To build we dey see. Ok o

1 Like

Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by Dottore: 8:32am On Mar 06, 2017
Ok
Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by IME1: 8:34am On Mar 06, 2017
u na know dey tire to giv person hope

1 Like

Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 06, 2017
Zuma my man smiley

I pray this finally kicks off.
Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by Drsheddy(m): 8:38am On Mar 06, 2017
K
Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by datola: 8:38am On Mar 06, 2017
$6 billion no be small money o.

May God help them to achieve this laudable project.
Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by possibilita(m): 8:39am On Mar 06, 2017
When will they talk about generating gigabytes of electricity

1 Like

Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by beejay247: 8:39am On Mar 06, 2017
Let us know when you have started already.. undecided
I only believe what I see now angry
Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by Ferdinandu(m): 8:40am On Mar 06, 2017
Eta Zuma $6bn project. Lips sealed
Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by Earth2Metahuman: 8:40am On Mar 06, 2017
We have been hearing TO
Wake me up when they get to HAVE
Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by deloon(m): 8:41am On Mar 06, 2017
Let us know when it's done.
Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by jericco1(m): 8:47am On Mar 06, 2017
When does it start yielding fruit?
Re: Firm To Invest $6bn In Electricity Generation by Omooniya1: 8:51am On Mar 06, 2017
Lincoln275:

This is not government project, is a private own!!! cant not be looted as u think.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Has Judiciary, National Assembly In His Armpit, Pocket – Buba Galadima / Obj's Son, Gbenga And Owner Of MIC Casket, Mr. Okusanya Dead In The Plane Crash / Northern Muslims must rule for peace to reign (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.