Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC (13431 Views)

Buhari, Atiku, Tinubu, Obi: 4 Lessons Nigeria's 2023 Elections Taught Me - Reno / Pictures Of Buhari, Atiku And Ortom Crying For Nigeria. #Weeping Politicians / 800m Walk: Sowore Shades Buhari & Atiku. Shares His Own Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by Adeitanajoke(f): 6:06am On Apr 17, 2019
The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, says his lawyer, Livy Uzoukwu, is qualified to practise in Nigeria against the position taken by the INEC.

Atiku said INEC only exhibited “crass ignorance and incomparable low level wretched illiteracy” in faulting his choice of Uzoukwu in the petition challenging the declaration of President Muhammadu Buhari as winner of February 23, 2019 polls.

INEC had in a counter affidavit challenged the choice of Dr Uzoukwu as counsel in the petition claiming that the Senior Advocate of Nigeria was not on the roll call of lawyers called to the bar and therefore not eligible to practice in the country.

But Atiku, in a reaction to the claim, said INEC has exhibited what he termed as “crass ignorance” as the use of abbreviations by counsel has been settled by the Supreme Court.

In a statement by his Special Assistant on Public Communications and Strategy, Phrank Shaibu, Atiku said as in the case of the dubious WAEC certificate paraded by Buhari, the APC and INEC have assembled a team of lawyers intent on misleading the courts and Nigerians in general.

“It’s either INEC is not aware or chose to maintain a blind eye as far as this issue is concerned. How can you say a former Attorney General of Imo State and a SAN is not qualified to practice law in Nigeria? This is a clear case of crass ignorance and incomparable display of low level of illiteracy intended to mislead the court and Nigerians.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/my-lawyer-qualified-to-practise-in-nigeria-atiku-tells-inec.html

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by Nackzy: 6:08am On Apr 17, 2019
APC are weighing all possible options, they know the lawyer is very sound, so they are resorting to propaganda
If the Server result indeed is true then Buhari is a Gooner

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by jullidee2006: 6:16am On Apr 17, 2019
obviously

3 Likes

Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 17, 2019
How can you say a former Attorney General of Imo State and a SAN is not qualified to practice law in Nigeria?

They have held onto every other unnecessary things except the main reason for the petition itself..

It is a disgrace that INEC could come up with such, despite the lawyer being a SAN and Former AG of a state.

If they harp on election transmission result not being valid, why then do they have them in the first place and why are the figures different?

We need to start asking the right questions.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 17, 2019
buhariguy:
idiotic pigs are just consoling themselves.

You really are empty... if your IQ can't comprehend, just move along.

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by Nobody: 6:36am On Apr 17, 2019
This is clearly a fight between Light and darkness.

This is not about taking sides, it is all about calling a spade a spade.

This Government have less than 4years to set things up and trust me time is ticking fast while they'll keep feeding up the usual cock & bull stories.

Nigerians must open their eyes and support what is right.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by Buhdeuce: 6:37am On Apr 17, 2019
We are nearing Atiku's breaking point. Inuslts and abuses are now being hurled.

Frustration don dey set in gradually!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by bugidon(m): 6:37am On Apr 17, 2019
INEC AND BUHARI rigged the presidential election but God pass them, Atiku must reclaim his mandate

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by RealityShot: 6:37am On Apr 17, 2019
How is this NEWS worthy?
Mtchewww!

5 Likes

Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by ClearFlair: 6:37am On Apr 17, 2019
Atiku back to Cameroon issa goal. Otoge Cameroon loading cheesy

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by Preator: 6:38am On Apr 17, 2019
Hmmn. What I knw is that no court will unseat a sitting president in Nigeria. They are not that independent and our democracy is not strong enough for such a test.

By the way, they are both riggers

7 Likes

Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by netflicks(m): 6:38am On Apr 17, 2019
Atiku how far APC don respond?

1 Like

Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by Ratello: 6:39am On Apr 17, 2019
We are gradually getting there in no short distance.
Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by jarkbauer: 6:39am On Apr 17, 2019
As if court will listen to replies.
Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by Sagamaje(m): 6:39am On Apr 17, 2019
grin
Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by Wantedmiller: 6:39am On Apr 17, 2019
Atiku....... your Lawyer is only qualified to collect money!

3 Likes

Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by iammo(m): 6:40am On Apr 17, 2019
cool

Atiku feeling the heat, buhari's legal team are now on offensive aggressive campaign, since atiku and his media team thought they were the only ones who can make accusation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by Realdeals(m): 6:41am On Apr 17, 2019
I doubt if the tribunal will admit the server result Atiku presented. INEC have said no electronic transmission of result, the as strength of Atiku's case lies with the Smart card reader data.
INEC specifically said manual accreditation votes will be recorded as zero, I know people that were not allowed to vote because the SCR cannot read their cards despite having their names in the register.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by davodyguy: 6:42am On Apr 17, 2019
Nackzy:
APC are weighing all possible options, they know the lawyer is very sound, so they are resorting to propaganda
If the Server result indeed is true then Buhari is a Gooner
Forget what you're saying.
If there are technical grounds to fault the practice of the lead counsel, this case would be thrown out.

Judgement is not about guilty of an offence, it's about how you can argue your case.

Even if it's very clear that Atiku won and Buhari/APC rigged, if it was discovered that Atiku filed Late or the qualifications of his lawyer is in doubt, theirs would be thrown out on technical grounds. That's how it works. Use anything to your advantage

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by davodyguy: 6:43am On Apr 17, 2019
Realdeals:
I doubt if the tribunal will admit the server result Atiku presented.
It's not known to Law, so he's wasting his time

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by davodyguy: 6:47am On Apr 17, 2019
Preator:
Hmmn. What I knw is that no court will unseat a sitting president in Nigeria. They are not that independent and our democracy is not strong enough for such a test.

By the way, they are both riggers
In 2007, we conducted the worst election in the history of Nigeria. Yar adua admitted this. But Justice Niki Tobi was the CJN. It's impossible to sack a sitting President. This country would turn upside down. In fact let Atiku bring evidence that he saw Buhari rigging in Daura with photographs, the Supreme court Judges would tell APC/Buhari's Lawyer technical grounds to use in defeating Atiku. Nigeria is not ripe for this kind of a thing

6 Likes

Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by bewla(m): 6:47am On Apr 17, 2019
If only inec has.sole responsibility to announce winner how did this man hake in to thier account

This call what in order country pls
Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by Dacronym(m): 6:52am On Apr 17, 2019
This Man Is Not a Small Boy, he Should Just Face Reality and move on

See siggy for Customised Soccer Jerseys very Good Quality

2 Likes

Re: My Lawyer Qualified To Handle My Case Against Buhari - Atiku Tells INEC by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 17, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG To Commission 40MW Kashimbilla Hydropower Plant Soon / Abdullahi Sule Says Oil Prospecting Ongoing In Keana LG / Damian Opara Resigns As Imo PDP Publicity Secretary, Joins APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.