Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems (15308 Views)

Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by AKO1(m): 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2009
Mpele:

Well done Commisioner, we will help U get rid of these scumbergs who sell drugs to our people. They know themselves! Everywhere they go, they just cause misery and create havoc.

There cannot be supply without demand. It is nauseating how the South Africans are so quick to point fingers at the 'scumbergs' giving them drugs, but so reluctant to address the apparent drug addiction. There is no lesser evil in this context.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2009
I have been to south africa and believe me, Nigerians rule the streets and the trade. i don't know how they get funding or how they manage to stay out of jail but my hotel had this particular Nigerian who i hear is the local drug czar and he has been in the hotel for donkey-years. (sounds like a move right?)
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by Cogito(m): 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2009
Oya, Madam Rebranding, do what you do best,

Why does this remind me of "District 9"?

, ho hum,
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by koolchicco: 3:45pm On Dec 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

Jona quit been a dumb doofoo angry

Don't blame the guy,

He's suffering from 'little men' syndrome. angry
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by oakcha(m): 3:57pm On Dec 14, 2009
I will like to ask a question, how many people on this trend has travelled outside Nigeria, please don't say much. I have been to about three countries and the truth is not far fetched,
Nigerians don't really consume drugs like Colombia and Mexico and some of those south and North American countries but we are heavy traffickers.
How do you justifer some one that tells his people back home in 9ja that he is going to hussle in another man's country without academic qualification.
its sick, Nigerians are despirate to make it when they travel outside.
so they are heavily involved in drug trafficing.
REMEMBER ONE SPOLIT EGG CAN SPOIL THE ENTIRE CRATE OF GOOD EGGS,
BAD NEWS SELL MORE THAN THE GOOD NEWS,
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by chi9ja(f): 4:14pm On Dec 14, 2009
@ oakcha

u r a true 9ja o, if u think that d only way of making money is by education, lwkmd.
if i have learnt anything by my visits n stay outside of 9ja is that a livelihood 4rm any professional level is d slowest way of making money.
in england, my manager at d Hilton hotel barely finished primary school, but he makes so much money n has houses left, right , center.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by afrikaam(m): 4:19pm On Dec 14, 2009
Amazing. Always blaming the immigrants for their problems.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by oakcha(m): 4:23pm On Dec 14, 2009
@ Chi9ja
I guess u miss understood me, what am trying to say is that out of despiration to make it quick in life.
If i may ask you, did your boss in uk make his money under 2 yrs.
I guess your answer is no.
So please don't just argue about that cos we 9ja commit a lots of terrible crime and not just crime we are loud mouthed as well.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by adconline(m): 4:28pm On Dec 14, 2009
It's easier to blame Nigerians for all the ills in RSA, but the truth of the matter  should be who are the ones using these drugs. Its like US blaming Mexico and Colombia for its drug problems. RSA has a serious drug problem that their drug addicts are even[b] HIV antiretroviral drugs[/b]. Maybe Nigerians are also involved in that trade too. Before, African blacks were taking over their jobs and they went on killing spree, now it's  Nigeria has infested their country with drugs and has turned every1 into an addict.
Next time, Nigerias will be responsible for r-ape and car jacking because some1 who is under the influence of drugs sold by Nigerians is 100% likely to commit carjacking or r-ape. Way to go officer.

oakcha@
despiration should be desperation if we are takling about education.

Is r-ape a bad word that  ur auto editor is changing it for me? which kin nonse be this one? Is this now a forum for primary school discussion?
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by kpolli(m): 4:32pm On Dec 14, 2009
south africans blame Nigeria for everything,
- crime rate
- murder rate
-rape rate
-aparthied
-white people there

for every south african that dies, a Nigerian caused it.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by texazzpete(m): 4:55pm On Dec 14, 2009
I wonder why you people are complaining. This is how we always deny everything until the chickens come home to roost. This is how we were perfectly happy idolizing these Yahoo boys in Nigeria until the foreign pickings became slim and they started targeting their own countrymen through ATM fraud.

Now ATM fraud is in full swing, Nigerians suddenly realize that 419 is bad.
We need to fix our image up, even the small percentage doing these crimes is a large number given our large population. Show zero tolerance to yahoo yahoo, drug peddling etc.

The people blaming the police chief should ask themselves if it's not the same Nigeria where drug dealers and smugglers are given only 1 year imprisonment or a meager fine when caught.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by NnamdiN: 4:59pm On Dec 14, 2009
abeg make thunder help me fire that punk that calls himself jona.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by ud4u: 5:09pm On Dec 14, 2009
@ Jona, I know say dey use Igbo's swear for you so go ahead. But I pray that one day God will deliver you from that swear.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by jona2: 5:20pm On Dec 14, 2009
NnamdiN:

abeg make thunder help me fire your mama.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-244102.0.html
igbos in south Africa are into 419,Drug dealing,etc.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-244102.0.html
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by kpolli(m): 5:37pm On Dec 14, 2009
let south africans be deceiving themselves n all those nigerians exposing their profile to south africans to type rubbish here, should continue, soon the truth will be out
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by Iyara(m): 5:50pm On Dec 14, 2009
@Mpele,
I had to take you look at your earlier posts. You were such a firm believer in South African hospitality. Addressing Nigerians as your brothers and calling for African unity.

Dude, what happened to you?
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by abhosts(m): 5:53pm On Dec 14, 2009
I got an email this morning from an IT service provider based in India. I have been patronizing them for about 2 years to date.

In the last 3 days, we have received multiple police complainst aginst domains registered through Nigerian resellers.All
these domains are involved in criminal activity like Phishing.

Because of this we have been asked by the Authorities to stop NIgerian resellers.
Its unfortunate but there is not much we can do about this.

Regards

Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by AKO1(m): 6:00pm On Dec 14, 2009
texazzpete:

I wonder why you people are complaining. This is how we always deny everything until the chickens come home to roost. This is how we were perfectly happy idolizing these Yahoo boys in Nigeria until the foreign pickings became slim and they started targeting their own countrymen through ATM fraud.

For me it is not about complaining about our image. It's about fairness and critical discourse; you cannot label another country's people for the ills in your society and remain silent about the role your own people are playing in fueling the problem.

It is not just politicians, it is ordinary people as well. South Africans complain that foreigners are flooding their country and competing for resources. But is it not their government/home affairs that is giving people visas? Why haven't they pointed a single finger at their own permissive government?

There are two sides to every coin.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by morpheus24: 6:16pm On Dec 14, 2009
A_K_O:

For me it is not about complaining about our image. It's about fairness and critical discourse; you cannot label another country's people for the ills in your society and remain silent about the role your own people are playing in fueling the problem.

It is not just politicians, it is ordinary people as well. South Africans complain that foreigners are flooding their country and competing for resources. But is it not their government/home affairs that is giving people visas? Why haven't they pointed a single finger at their own permissive government?

There are two sides to every coin.

Because it is easier to pic on people you deem weaker than you.

On one of my many trips to SA. We came across two zimbabwean women who were literally kept as sex slaves in a township just outside johanesburg. Their captors were SA men using them as house girls and the such. The women had no choice in this matter. He slept with them on demand and they also prostituted to feed his drug addiction. One of the two women had a baby for these unscrupulous touts. the baby looked quite retched and was tested for HIV. He was positive. Meanwhile the father was no where to be found when he discovered we were around.

The next incidence was assitance we rendered some foreign reporters who were investigating child abduction and prostitution rings in the country. Most of the culprits that smuggled the girls across the border from zimbabwe and mozambic into the country were SA men and women. These girls were kept in half way houses as young as 16 hoping to enter the bigger cities in the form of waiteresses and dancer/prostitution. So far no government interventio

Some of the women used these girls as income, selling them off to the highest bidder(some white men including) in exchange for money. In all my time there out of 15 cases we investigated only one was run by a nigerian syndicate.

Now not to be bias or excuse the act but the girls we encountered amongst the Nigerians were actually better treated than their counter parts. These ones had "shakara" in their body, looked healthier, Most tested less for HIV infection and most let us know they had money stashed somewhere.

Please you people should stop fooling yourself. Nigerians are scapegoats in SA.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by abhosts(m): 6:32pm On Dec 14, 2009
morpheus24:

Because it is easier to pic on people you deem weaker than you.

On one of my many trips to SA. We came across two zimbabwean women who were literally kept as sex slaves in a township just outside johanesburg. Their captors were SA men using them as house girls and the such. The women had no choice in this matter. He slept with them on demand and they also prostituted to feed his drug addiction. One of the two women had a baby for these unscrupulous touts. the baby looked quite retched and was tested for HIV. He was positive. Meanwhile the father was no where to be found when he discovered we were around.

The next incidence was assitance we rendered some foreign reporters who were investigating child abduction and prostitution rings in the country. Most of the culprits that smuggled the girls across the border from zimbabwe and mozambic into the country were SA men and women. These girls were kept in half way houses as young as 16 hoping to enter the bigger cities in the form of waiteresses and dancer/prostitution.

Some of the women used these girls as income, selling them off to the highest bidder9some white men including) in exchange for money. In all my time there out of 15 cases we investigated only one was run by a nigerian syndicate.

Now not to be bias or excuse the act but the girls we encountered amongst the Nigerians were actually better treated than their counter parts. These ones had "shakara" in their body, looked healthier, Most tested less for HIV infection and most let us know they had money stashed somewhere.

Please you people should stop fooling yourself. Nigerians are scapegoats in SA.

Please read the article properly. The guy never said Nigerians were responsible for all the crimes in SA.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by Digriz(m): 6:44pm On Dec 14, 2009
South africa hates nigerians to d depth of their hearts and d reason is dat we are beta dan them only dat we are suffering undevelopment due to bad leadership.
I believe we cn surpas SA within ten yrs of good leadership and all these are their jealousy cos we hav evrytin both human and natural resources that cn make us top ten industrialised nations. Hv u seen their women,very ugly things that looks like an ape or homo sapiens. They shuld thank their God for apartheid regime if nt,i wonder hw they would look like.  We are just facing all ths because of bad leadership bt God wl ansa our prayers soon and our bad image wl b redeemed.
They are nt better than us in anyway.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by morpheus24: 6:56pm On Dec 14, 2009
abhosts:

Please read the article properly. The guy never said Nigerians were responsible for all the crimes in SA.

Neither does the  analysis above imply that SA's are the only ones involved in criminal activity within the country.

The issue is not who is committing crime but who is being "demonized' or scape goated which gives licence to bigotry and violence perpetrated on innocents.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by hasyak(m): 7:06pm On Dec 14, 2009
is it because people get away with crimes in Nigeria that is why  some think that we have less Nigerians in prison in the country than outside the country. how many drug barons are in the prison? how many big 419ers are in the prison? how many exam cheats are in prison? how many murderers have been prosecuted? we all know many of these people, and thier are moving around freely, infact in some places they are the movers of there environ.

my people we have to have a paradigm shift in the way we view success, it most not be at all cost
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by Ikengawo: 7:13pm On Dec 14, 2009
South africans are drug addicts and nigerians are oppurtunists. in the end you have nigerians selling drugs to them because they want it and we want money.

i dont care. let it be. tell me who's a drug kingpin IN nigeria? because we aren't dependant on drugs the way they are and for as little credit as we give our society we have a lot of good aspects.

nigerians selling drugs elsewhere isnt an issue for me, the money goes to nigeria in the form of remittance and is probably one of the most minor international ways to get dubious money, if nigerians sold or didn't sell drugs south africans still wouldn't like them, so might as well get paid in the process.

next they'll say nigerians are causing aids there too.,
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by adconline(m): 7:14pm On Dec 14, 2009
I wonder why you people are complaining. This is how we always deny everything until the chickens come home to roost. This is how we were perfectly happy idolizing these Yahoo boys in Nigeria until the foreign pickings became slim and they started targeting their own countrymen through ATM fraud

Men lie, women lie , numbers dont. Give us some stats since he's a public official. Maybe he knows something we dont know, but a comparison is based on 2 known quantities.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by morpheus24: 7:21pm On Dec 14, 2009
Ikengawo:

South africans are drug addicts and nigerians are oppurtunists. in the end you have nigerians selling drugs to them because they want it and we want money.

i dont care. let it be. tell me who's a drug kingpin IN nigeria? because we aren't dependant on drugs the way they are and for as little credit as we give our society we have a lot of good aspects.

nigerians selling drugs elsewhere isnt an issue for me, the money goes to nigeria in the form of remittance and is probably one of the most minor international ways to get dubious money, if nigerians sold or didn't sell drugs south africans still wouldn't like them, so might as well get paid in the process.
next they'll say nigerians are causing aids there too.,

Any negative action by one nigerian affects every nigerian and the non chalant attitude in support of criminal activity is not deserving of anyone's mind or approval.

Those boys doing those things there should be prosecuted and prosecuted hard to discourage that activity. Best scenario. Deport back to Nigeria.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by Ikengawo: 7:24pm On Dec 14, 2009
South africans also express a fuming hatred towards nigerians. So this doesn't suprise me that they would say some ignorant shit like this.

a black south african isn't smart enough to be a drug kingpin and the white ones a destoried the black ones well enough to possess the countries resources unchallenged so they don't need to be, but i find black south africa anger at nigerians very telling since they're not expressing this same level of hatred at the white ppl that made them the losers they are today.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by morpheus24: 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2009
Ikengawo:

South africans also express a fuming hatred towards nigerians. So this doesn't suprise me that they would say some ignorant poo like this.

a black south african isn't smart enough to be a drug kingpin and the white ones a destoried the black ones well enough to possess the countries resources unchallenged so they don't need to be, but i find black south africa anger at nigerians very telling since they're not expressing this same level of hatred at the white ppl that made them the losers they are today.

Through all my travels within African, no one country has astonished me as much as South Africa concerning Nigerians. Forget Kenya, Senegal even Ghana beef with Nigerians. The Saffers version is very strange.

I chuck it all up to psychology. Anger that is brewed by so many years of oppression, if not addressed effectively will channel its way to any possible outlet i.e. newly percieved "enemy".

I am the first to admit however that the grieviances concering illegal immigration and competition are valid and falls on their government to tackle this issue head on.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by slimes(m): 7:55pm On Dec 14, 2009
Well, Nigeria is a country that doesn't put much priority on its average citizens. If you don't have money, you're not relevant.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by altidore(m): 8:00pm On Dec 14, 2009
I agree wit Oga Commisioner! I live in SA, menn, the guy dey talk true. Most of the guys selling drugs here are the illiterate Ibo's from Anambra and Enugu, na only them like money. The came all the way from their local villages to south africa to sell drugs. They abuse it here menn, its like selling groundnut! Ask anybody. Its very shameful sad angry sad angry sad angry
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by jona2: 8:09pm On Dec 14, 2009
altidore:

I agree wit Oga Commisioner! I live in SA, menn, the guy dey talk true. Most of the guys selling drugs here are the illiterate Ibo's from Anambra and Enugu, na only them like money. The came all the way from their local villages to south africa to sell drugs. They abuse it here menn, its like selling groundnut! Ask anybody. Its very shameful sad angry sad angry sad angry

lipsrsealed
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by connkg(m): 8:14pm On Dec 14, 2009
@abhosts:

Hello,
Please are you WILLING to submit ANY details to a Nigerian Anti-Criminal unit? The obvious ones are not as well equipped, or comparable to India's.
If you are, lemme know publicly. I'll reach you. The details they can give you is what matters, though. And if you are in PH, Lagos or Abuja, better.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

New COVID-19 Variant Found In France As Cases Rise / #Partygate: UK PM, Boris Johnson narrowly Survives Confidence Vote / Magnitude 7.1 Earthquake Hits Mexico, Tsunami Advisory Issued (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.