Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,053 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems (15302 Views)

Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African / Clinton Blames Islamic Militants Rise On Obama Policies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by kpolli(m): 8:42am On Dec 15, 2009
asunaobi:

I found it very disgusting when people dont accept their wrong doings and behavours. South Africa is not the only country to complain about the bad behaiour of Nigerians. How many Nigerians have been deported from Libya of recent and how many are on their death row. China is also having the same problem with Nigerians and so many other countries. I know that some good Nigerians are paying the price for all these but we should not blame these countries whenever they cry out about our bad behavours and the consequences of it to their respective countries.

South Africa is very correct and it is their right to protect their country and their people.

ur the dumbest slowpoke ever born, r u looking 4 SA visa that ur ass-kissing we never sell drugs to ourselves finish we would go there to sell it, y do have the greatest problems n we dont have them here in our homeland,
if they said we brought fake goods there, i might accept cos we do that here, even if they had said we cheat i might accept but when u blame us for their drug problems, y dont we have it here? r u that foolish or u dont know wat ur brain can be used for?
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by FKseun(m): 9:56am On Dec 15, 2009
It seems a lot of Nigerians do not accept the truth. Whenever issues are raised, instead of addressing them, we end up attacking persons. Are we saying it is a lie that we are into drugs and all sort of criminal activities in South Africa? Let us accept the truth! It will help us deal with the issues! I have visited South Africa a couple of times while on vacation. The first bad news I ever got about my Nigerian brothers was in the hotel where I lodged (can’t remember the name of the hotel again but it was in Sandton city). It was from the kitchen staff!!!!!!! They wanted to know if I was American. I answered in the negative and told them I was a Nigerian. And they started whispering…the next comment they made was that Nigerians love flashy cars. Ignorantly and proudly I told them that a typical Nigerian can save all his salary for 2yrs just to buy the best car. They disagreed and told me that in SA, they do drugs! On that same trip, I was also made to feel as proud as a King! It was on an excursion to Nelson Mandela’s first house in Soweto. A small one-bed room apartment which he shared with his erstwhile wife, Winnie. It has actually turned into a tourist attraction. Amongst the tourists were people from virtually all parts of the world. I got to know because the guide asked for our nationalities. When he found out there were a few Nigerians amongst the crowd, surprisingly he told everybody to clap for Nigeria. I felt so proud. He told everybody how Nigerian workers contributed part of their salaries to fight the apartheid regime in South Africa. Everyone looked at us with envy.
On my second trip, I got to know of an area call HILLBROW (with lots of highrise buildings) in Jo’burg. It has become notorious for drug activities. To my utter disappointment majority of the occupants of the area are Nigerians. An average South African is SCARED of going there! If you drive through Hillbrow you would see young Nigerians hanging on the streets doing drug business like we see in the movies. The police raid the place regularly to no avail.

I was at the lobby of an hotel once reading the dailies when a white south African sitting next to me asked if I was an American. I proudly told him I was a Nigerian. He kept quiet for a few minutes and followed it up with questions. He wanted to know if I was based in SA, bla bla bla. He became comfortable with me when he found out I work in Nigeria and only came to SA on vacation. He was excited and started telling me all sorts. I was really surprised when he asked if I was from a particular section of Nigeria. I told him where I was from and stories continued. A ‘few’ bunch are really doing a lot of damage to our name. I feel really sad whenever I am subjected to all sorts of ‘special treatment’ just because I am a Nigerian.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by kpolli(m): 10:14am On Dec 15, 2009
FKseun:

It seems a lot of Nigerians do not accept the truth. Whenever issues are raised, instead of addressing them, we end up attacking persons. Are we saying it is a lie that we are into drugs and all sort of criminal activities in South Africa? Let us accept the truth! It will help us deal with the issues! I have visited South Africa a couple of times while on vacation. The first bad news I ever got about my Nigerian brothers was in the hotel where I lodged (can’t remember the name of the hotel again but it was in Sandton city). It was from the kitchen staff!!!!!!! They wanted to know if I was American. I answered in the negative and told them I was a Nigerian. And they started whispering…the next comment they made was that Nigerians love flashy cars. Ignorantly and proudly I told them that a typical Nigerian can save all his salary for 2yrs just to buy the best car. They disagreed and told me that in SA, they do drugs! On that same trip, I was also made to feel as proud as a King! It was on an excursion to Nelson Mandela’s first house in Soweto. A small one-bed room apartment which he shared with his erstwhile wife, Winnie. It has actually turned into a tourist attraction. Amongst the tourists were people from virtually all parts of the world. I got to know because the guide asked for our nationalities. When he found out there were a few Nigerians amongst the crowd, surprisingly he told everybody to clap for Nigeria. I felt so proud. He told everybody how Nigerian workers contributed part of their salaries to fight the apartheid regime in South Africa. Everyone looked at us with envy.
On my second trip, I got to know of an area call HILLBROW (with lots of highrise buildings) in Jo’burg. It has become notorious for drug activities. To my utter disappointment majority of the occupants of the area are Nigerians. An average South African is SCARED of going there! If you drive through Hillbrow you would see young Nigerians hanging on the streets doing drug business like we see in the movies. The police raid the place regularly to no avail.

I was at the lobby of an hotel once reading the dailies when a white south African sitting next to me asked if I was an American. I proudly told him I was a Nigerian. He kept quiet for a few minutes and followed it up with questions. He wanted to know if I was based in SA, bla bla bla. He became comfortable with me when he found out I work in Nigeria and only came to SA on vacation. He was excited and started telling me all sorts. I was really surprised when he asked if I was from a particular section of Nigeria. I told him where I was from and stories continued. A ‘few’ bunch are really doing a lot of damage to our name. I feel really sad whenever I am subjected to all sorts of ‘special treatment’ just because I am a Nigerian.

yes it is a lie
my cousin went to SA and a south african cleaner in a hotel stole all her jewelry n guess wat her reasons were when the caught her, wat is a nigerian lady doing wit all that jewery, stop listening to news, its only negative, plus wait how do u know they r nigeriansi wont put it beyond south africans doing drugs to claim to b nigerians
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by Horus(m): 10:34am On Dec 15, 2009
The South African National Police Commissioner (Bheki Cele) should ask himself the following questions:

1) -Why the largest cannabis plantations in the world are situated in South Africa?

2) -Who own the land where this cannabis is cultivated?

3) -How is it that the south african police is able to localise where is a small drug dealer but dont seem to know who are the owners of all the largest cannabis plantations in South Africa?

Obliviously Something doesn't add up.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by FKseun(m): 10:43am On Dec 15, 2009
You do not believe me because your cousin went to SA and an SA cleaner stole her jewelry.  Does your statement exonerate Nigerians from the fact that we do drugs there? You do not need to believe me.  Hotel workers steal all over the world! That's not news! My friend, I met some nigerians out there and I know what they told me. A friend gave me some traditional attires to hand over to his brother in SA. Trust me, i told him I was going to check every inch of the material.  THIS I DID BEFORE TRAVELLING! When eventually I got there and called his brother on the phone number he gave, he came and picked up the items from my hotel. We had a drink at the bar and he left. Strangely enough, he called me the next evening to say he was at the hotel reception to see me. I went downstairs and found out that he came with another nigerian. I bought them drinks and they started narrating how they managed to get to SA by road. It took them 6months of hardship. They have no house.  They claim to sleep in the small car they had. They acknowledged that I had a good job and that no condition is permanent bla bla bla. When they called me from the reception the next time they came I told the receptionist she should tell them i wasn't around.

kpolli:

yes it is a lie
my cousin went to SA and a south african cleaner in a hotel stole all her jewelry n guess wat her reasons were when the caught her, wat is a nigerian lady doing wit all that jewery, stop listening to news, its only negative, plus wait how do u know they r nigeriansi wont put it beyond south africans doing drugs to claim to b nigerians
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by kpolli(m): 11:28am On Dec 15, 2009
FKseun:

You do not believe me because your cousin went to SA and an SA cleaner stole her jewelry. Does your statement exonerate Nigerians from the fact that we do drugs there? You do not need to believe me. Hotel workers steal all over the world! That's not news! My friend, I met some nigerians out there and I know what they told me. A friend gave me some traditional attires to hand over to his brother in SA. Trust me, i told him I was going to check every inch of the material. THIS I DID BEFORE TRAVELLING! When eventually I got there and called his brother on the phone number he gave, he came and picked up the items from my hotel. We had a drink at the bar and he left. Strangely enough, he called me the next evening to say he was at the hotel reception to see me. I went downstairs and found out that he came with another nigerian. I bought them drinks and they started narrating how they managed to get to SA by road. It took them 6months of hardship. They have no house. They claim to sleep in the small car they had. They acknowledged that I had a good job and that no condition is permanent bla bla bla. When they called me from the reception the next time they came I told the receptionist she should tell them i wasn't around.

still looking for the part that says they sell drugs, once went to dubai n was accused for te usua naija stuff only to find out that gang that caused the accusation were not nigerians but cos they were black they assume we r one, naija is just suffering from the biggest black nation cos every bad thing is associate wit us, n i state again we r not the only scammers out there, chinese, libyans, lebanese, kenyans n even beninoisers as well,
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by asunaobi(m): 11:47am On Dec 15, 2009
FKseun:

Thank you my brother! You are a true Nigerian. I can see the true love you have for your mother land. When you tell Nigerians the truth you get insulted which is very ok to me at least the truth has been spoken. I have been to those places you mentioned as well and what I witnessed was very disgraceful. I mean people are free to do whatever thing they would like to do in life but it is always good to think of consequences of their actions.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by BAC: 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2009
This report shows the south africans are on drugs.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by RSA(m): 12:20pm On Dec 15, 2009
I am happy with our Minister's tough talk,this tough talk didn't start only with this drug bust.Since his appointment crime has gone down,they have a policy that say when they're facing harden criminals they will shoot to kill.This might be normal to you,but in South Africa police where not allowed to shoot to kill,and where encouraged not to be trigger happy,that is why criminals could get away with murders.

Nigerians who are not in South Africa have the right to be angry at what the minister is saying,but those who live in RSA will know that there is a certain population of Nigerians,and maybe with other western Africans who are making their money in illegal drug businesses.I have friends who are Nigerians,they all know what some of  their countrymen are doing,and they don't like it.They know this is tarnishing their image.

Crime is done by mostly South Africans and that is what we expect,I mean where can they do their crime if not in their country?But on the other side,it's going to be a big thing if a non South African commit crime in South Africa,meaning you'll understand if your child steals your money in the house,than a neighbour's child doing it.You'll make more noise about it than your child.I don't know if I'm making sense.

I personally have twice experienced robberies,first in a McDonald rrestauranta group of six guys told us all to lay face down on the floor,they cleared the tills,and some where taking our cellphones,wallets and other valuables,I could hear them talking among themself in Shona,which is a Zimbabwean language.
Second one was in our golf club house in the evening,they did the same thing but the guys where all talking Zulu but two where ccommunicatingin Ndebele from Zimbabwe,which means it was a combination of two,SA and Zim gang.

There fore I'm not saying Zimbabweans are the one responsible for most our crime,but I'm saying there is some Zimbabweans who commit crime in South Africa.And it's not only my two incidents but go to our prison,you'll find all nnationalitiesthere,oobviouslymajority are South Africans.

Go to Zimbabwe,Botswana,Kenya,Nigeria or any other African country and tell me the number of South Africans in their prison who are arrested for any crime.
Yes we have rapist,murderers,highjackers and all sort but they're doing it in their country,and it's our problem,and we should sort it out,for ourself and our children.But it's difficult to tolerate a mercenary criminal.

So my aapologyto Nigerians,but you must understand our side as well,and the context this statement was quoted from.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by vislabraye(m): 1:53pm On Dec 15, 2009
kpolli:

still looking for the part that says they sell drugs, once went to dubai n was accused for te usua naija stuff only to find out that gang that caused the accusation were not nigerians but cos they were black they assume we r one, naija is just suffering from the biggest black nation cos every bad thing is associate wit us, n i state again we r not the only scammers [/b]out there, chinese, libyans, lebanese, kenyans n even beninoisers as well,

The SA police are responsible for whatever happens in their country and stop blaming Nigerians. How do they know that the drug barons in their country are Nigerians, yet they have not yet been caught,

In fact , it's no longer news that some Nigerians are mischievous.Recently i watched a documentary on National Geography , titled " Bang Up Abroad" .  It's about how foreigners enter into various kinds of trouble abroad and they come to narrate their story.
This particular episode was about some Americans who were caught in Brazil trying to smuggle drugs and were sent into maximum security prison. In that prison they were met with many Nationals, Asians, Lebanese etc and of course [b]NIGERIANS
After a period of time, they became friends with the Nigerians. According to the narrator, ( he spoke about them with awe and admiration )the Nigerians were kind and made them feel at home in the prison. After a period of time, the Nigerians grew to like them and later confided in them about their plan to escape. They told the Americans not to worry that they had everything under control. The prison warder who was to watch over them had been[b] BRIBED[/b]. The Nigerians had dug  hole in their prison wall leading outside and had concealed it with cover cloth. On the D day to their escape, the Nigerians were celebrating. They brought alcohol in a big basin and were sharing it to all the prison inmates. They were drinking it and were making merry. They refused to give the Americans, they confided in them that the drink was drugged. So in the middle of the night, all other prisoners were deep asleep as planned. The Nigerians crawled out through the hole they had dug leading outside. That was the escape. The Americans wanted to follow but their conscience troubled them. Although some Nigerians escaped, many of them were caught.
When i watched the documentary, i marveled at our people. Though it was comical, it was as well shameful.

I don't think the Brazilian authorities would start blaming Nigerians or foreigners for their problem. Infact, Nigerians move freely in that country without fear unlike South Africa,
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by kpolli(m): 2:17pm On Dec 15, 2009
RSA:

I am happy with our Minister's tough talk,this tough talk didn't start only with this drug bust.Since his appointment crime has gone down,they have a policy that say when [b]they're facing harden criminals they will shoot to kill.This might be normal to you,but in South Africa police where not allowed to shoot to kill,[/b]and where encouraged not to be trigger happy,that is why criminals could get away with murders.

Nigerians who are not in South Africa have the right to be angry at what the minister is saying,but those who live in RSA will know that there is a certain population of Nigerians,and maybe with other western Africans who are making their money in illegal drug businesses.I have friends who are Nigerians,they all know what some of their countrymen are doing,and they don't like it.They know this is tarnishing their image.

Crime is done by mostly South Africans and that is what we expect,I mean where can they do their crime if not in their country?But on the other side,it's going to be a big thing if a non South African commit crime in South Africa,meaning you'll understand if your child steals your money in the house,than a neighbour's child doing it.You'll make more noise about it than your child.I don't know if I'm making sense.

I personally have twice experienced robberies,first in a McDonald rrestauranta group of six guys told us all to lay face down on the floor,they cleared the tills,and some where taking our cellphones,wallets and other valuables,I could hear them talking among themself in Shona,which is a Zimbabwean language.
Second one was in our golf club house in the evening,they did the same thing but the guys where all talking Zulu but two where ccommunicatingin Ndebele from Zimbabwe,which means it was a combination of two,SA and Zim gang.

There fore I'm not saying Zimbabweans are the one responsible for most our crime,but I'm saying there is some Zimbabweans who commit crime in South Africa.And it's not only my two incidents but go to our prison,you'll find all nnationalitiesthere,oobviouslymajority are South Africans.

Go to Zimbabwe,Botswana,Kenya,Nigeria or any other African country and tell me the number of South Africans in their prison who are arrested for any crime.
Yes we have rapist,murderers,highjackers and all sort but they're doing it in their country,and it's our problem,and we should sort it out,for ourself and our children.But it's difficult to tolerate a mercenary criminal.

So my aapologyto Nigerians,but you must understand our side as well,and the context this statement was quoted from.

guy pls i dont like that first part, u can call me ugly but dont call me a handicap,

shei all the ungrateful nigerians r reading,
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by mbulela: 2:28pm On Dec 15, 2009
No right thinking person who has lived for any length of time in SA and socialised extensively there will be ignorant of the fact that most drug dealers are Nigerians.
My problem with Cele's comments are they only highten zenophopic attitudes and do not solve the problem in any way whatsoever.
To solve the problem you need to address the route.
How can we lower the demand for these harmful substances?
How do these dealers gain access into our country and without any other source of livelihood and career path have permanent residencies and even citizenships?

Cele, address those issues and stop making hypocritical populist comments that would only pitch the poor and gullible masses against one another.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by morpheus24: 2:57pm On Dec 15, 2009
mbulela:

No right thinking person who has lived for any length of time in SA and socialised extensively there will be ignorant of the fact that most drug dealers are Nigerians.
My problem with Cele's comments are they only highten zenophopic attitudes and do not solve the problem in any way whatsoever.
To solve the problem you need to address the route.
How can we lower the demand for these harmful substances?
How do these dealers gain access into our country and without any other source of livelihood and career path have permanent residencies and even citizenships?

Cele, address those issues and stop making hypocritical populist comments that would only pitch the poor and gullible masses against one another.

The rantings by your police chief is not helping situations at all. He is inciting Xenophobia and should be the one educated in tackling such issues of Human desperation.

Drugs is a problem in SA and it is well known that Nigerians are the most "advanced" dealers in the trade. I use this word because certainly there are other parties that practice these same things only with little success due to poor organizational and trafficking skills.

Nigerians use the same business savvy skills in successful legal enterprises in establishing these illegal businessess.

The issue is quite simple to address. There are communities of well mannered and law abiding Nigerian citizens within the country. The police should tap into these communities and set up moles as well as discuss issues that would undermine Drug traffickers.

Information should be deseminated as to how these illegals gain access into the country, the areas they establish in should be well surveyed and monitored, Prosecuation should be tougher, including deportation and a life time ban on entering the country.

I doubt any of these steps will be taken seeing that corruption is well rearing its head into the great African hope known as RSA. Without the cooperation of the SA citizens, government and police, these businesses cannot thrive.

Inciting citizenry into barbaric behaviour or pointing fingers at particular groups of people is just talk. This will not solve any issues as such so your POLICE CHIEF identifiying Nigerians as culprits( Something known to most people for several years now) is only as a result of bent out frustration and no sense of problem solving skills.

He should be fired. !!!!
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by mbulela: 3:09pm On Dec 15, 2009
South Africa is degenerating at a faster rate than Nigeria.
The difference is just that the fall is starting at a higher level.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by chi9ja(f): 3:39pm On Dec 15, 2009
in all honesty i am tired of all these people complaining that SAians ask them if they r Nigerian n upon answering tell them that they r drug dealers, just ask d men if they r over 18 years of age n when they answer yes tell them that it means that they r rapist cos according to statistics u heard that a woman is despoiled every 30 secs in SA end of story.

@ RSA
trust me d police shooting people is not d way to go, it hasn't done anything 4 9ja, d last thing u want is a trigger happy police officer, there is something that firing a gun does to a person, they get this sense of ommninity that is very intoxicating, almost like a drug.
plus all it does is makes d criminals more hardened n dangerous cos they know if they get caught, they will most probably be killed so they will want to kill u 1st. and also it drives more ammunition into the arms of these criminals, increasing gun crimes to no end.
SMH na only God go save all of us, both 9ja n SA.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by rotimy(m): 5:08pm On Dec 15, 2009
BELOW IS A MAIL FROM A FACEBOOK FRIEND BASED IN SOUTH AFRICA WHEN I RAISED THE ISSUE AT STAKE WITH HER!

. As for your people, the general opinion of ALL South Africans are that Nigerians that settle here are ALL drug dealers and run prostitution rings. Women are regularly kidnapped, drugged and gang raped to initiate them into prostitution.They are deeply embroiled in all forms of crime. It is frequently in the news. Nigerians have an extremely poor reputation, I'm afraid. Violence, murder, corruption, all goes hand in hand with this kind of criminality. I know that this is not happy news for you, but the truth as I know it to be. Kind regards.
Sent via Facebook Mobile
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 15, 2009

How can all nigerian be drug dealers. ? it is not possible. Some of us , have never seen drug before in our life.  Look at one time, I posted the pictures of crack head. Most nigerian would be seen the effect of drug for the first time. Drug and nigerian society do not mix. The percentage of nigerian using drug is low 0.0000001 % of the total population.

Do is not common in nigeria society by drug dealer use nigerian as transit point because of bad immigration policy.  Nigeria is just a transit point. If they make it impossible at the airport it would stop. I do not think they produce drugs in Nigeria.

If nigerian knows how , then we would have problem.
[\quote]

reall? 0.0000001%? or you just love to type? That amounts to just 14 people, u know? Here is an excellent feature of Nigerians; they apparently don't like doing facts
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 15, 2009
someone here says:
The percentage of nigerian using drug is low 0.0000001 % of the total population.

and really? 0.0000001%? or you just love to type? That amounts to just 14 people, u know? Here is an excellent feature of Nigerians; they apparently don't like doing facts

1 Like

Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by suxes2005(m): 5:18pm On Dec 15, 2009
@ blackspade: Pz i need to talk 2 u. it kinda urgent pear_prince@yahoo.com

try mail me

SHALOM
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by jona2: 6:06pm On Dec 15, 2009
kayoday:

truly naija are directly or  indirectly involved in most criminal activities in SA. Visite[b]d 2002 Coke was sold by some Igbo boys openly[/b],  some yorubas sold GL as gold to SA citizens. Visited a  naija community close to Jo burg air port where stolen items (mostly electronic,phone,perfumes etc) from luggages check in into aircrafts are sold by naija guys. God bless u you dont take in your laptop as hand luggage just forget it.

On my way back was warn by an Ibo boy who was sending money to his cousin to take my laptop off my luggage else it will come back to him less then 4 hrs did not understand initially. After boarding Virgin naija had 3hrs delay, pilot annouce that 60 luggages were missing only for it to resurface later.
On getting to naija dem don tamper with most luggages except for those who chk in very late. Same happens to other foreign airline.

Most stolen items are bought by naija  from the SA theives, SA citizens dont have raw cash they live on credit.

Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by jona2: 6:07pm On Dec 15, 2009
rotimy:

BELOW IS A MAIL FROM A FACEBOOK FRIEND BASED IN SOUTH AFRICA WHEN I RAISED THE ISSUE AT STAKE WITH HER!

. As for your people, the general opinion of ALL South Africans are that IGBOS[b] that settle here are ALL drug dealers and run prostitution rings. Women are regularly kidnapped, drugged and gang despoiled to initiate them into prostitution.They are deeply embroiled in all forms of crime. It is frequently in the news.[/b] Nigerians have an extremely poor reputation, I'm afraid. Violence, murder, corruption, all goes hand in hand with this kind of criminality. I know that this is not happy news for you, but the truth as I know it to be. Kind regards.
Sent via Facebook Mobile

Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by morpheus24: 7:44pm On Dec 15, 2009
rotimy:

. As for your people, the general opinion of ALL South Africans are that Nigerians that settle here are ALL drug dealers and run prostitution rings. Women are regularly kidnapped, drugged and gang despoiled to initiate them into prostitution.They are deeply embroiled in all forms of crime. It is frequently in the news. Nigerians have an extremely poor reputation, I'm afraid. Violence, murder, corruption, all goes hand in hand with this kind of criminality. I know that this is not happy news for you, but the truth as I know it to be. Kind regards.
Sent via Facebook Mobile

HaHa Ha!. Thats kinda funny you know. couple of months ago I was invited to a pent house party being throw by some rich Nigerian boys in Sandton. See how all these SA girls with big big nyash dressed in skimpy clothes were trying all means to bumrush ati gatecrash their way into the  private party. Gold diggers everywhere.

How can you blame Nigerian's for turning these women into love-peddlers, when the is ample evidence welcomig the practice of this despicable profession.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by shilling(f): 9:53pm On Dec 15, 2009
I dont think any SA'n has the right to point fingers cos they also have huge criminals. They're only limited their mental capacity, if they were half as smart, they'd do worse. Stabbings, rapings, murder, incest, robberies, etc - stuff that doesnt need brains. SA'n blacks are so xenophobic, it's pathetic & it boils down to their inferiority complex - they feel & know that 'foreigners' are usually beta. Livin thr constitutd th wrst yrs of my lyf.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by MrCartha: 10:11pm On Dec 15, 2009
The pot will continue to call the kettle black. No be rat wey dey house tell cat wey dey street say fish dey for hanger?! South Africans, make una go collect una clothes for where una bath. Na d good thing wey una go take pay us for how our mothers, fathers, clergies, imams, priests, Pope, Sheikh, babalawo, alarina, Fadeyi, Orisabunmi even Majek Fashek cried, prayed, fasted, sought oracles and even sang for Mandela to be freed?! The economist was right when, he said that, "the human wants are insatiable". Kai! Cry da beloved country cry shocked embarassed!
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by backspade(m): 10:31pm On Dec 15, 2009
RSA, you are not making sense. You openly acknowledge that the majority of crime committed in SA is by your people, but you are more outraged at Nigerians because they are foreign? Re-read your post, and find where you contradicted yourself. Ignorance is truly bliss and low quality South African education system is to blame. I am scared for the future of SA. . . undecided
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by yeswecan(m): 12:19am On Dec 16, 2009
shilling:

I dont think any SA'n has the right to point fingers cos they also have huge criminals. T[b]hey're only limited their mental capacity, if they were half as smart, they'd do worse. Stabbings, rapings, murder, incest, robberies, etc[/b] - stuff that doesnt need brains. SA'n blacks are so xenophobic, it's pathetic & it boils down to their inferiority complex - they feel & know that 'foreigners' are usually beta. Livin thr constitutd th wrst yrs of my lyf.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by ib612(m): 4:41am On Dec 16, 2009
It's common sense if i excrete on my door way and may not feel too bad about it, if any other person should do the same, how do you think i'll handle it.

The basis of another national having to commit a crime in another country is not and can never be a welcome idea. When the Vaswanis committed an offence in 9ja they were deported. Was George deported? SA will manage their problems and find solution to it. They'll not accept any national to contribute to their problems.

Although, the SA chief did not handle the situation professionally, yet he said what most of what other countries are saying about Nigerians.

Needless to say, it's crime that gets mention more compared to achievement by Nigerians. Dog bites man is not a news. Man bites a dog is news.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by adconline(m): 11:25am On Dec 16, 2009
I was at the lobby of an hotel once reading the dailies when a white south African sitting next to me asked if I was an American. I proudly told him I was a Nigerian. He kept quiet for a few minutes and followed it up with questions. He wanted to know if I was based in SA, bla bla bla. He became comfortable with me when he found out I work in Nigeria and only came to SA on vacation. He was excited and started telling me all sorts. I was really surprised when he asked if I was from a particular section of Nigeria. I told him where I was from and stories continued. A ‘few’ bunch are really doing a lot of damage to our name. I feel really sad whenever I am subjected to all sorts of ‘special treatment’ just because I am a Nigerian

How can this untested personal experience that Nigerians are responsible for drug problems? My brother is in University of Cape Town doing his studies and research. Does that justify me to say that all Nigerians in RSA are book worms? Chief of pollice is a public official who's supposed to back  up his statement with facts. He's not in position to talk like he's on facebook.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by Spinkz(f): 2:23pm On Dec 16, 2009
I'm a South African and I've been dating a Nigerian for 6 years, let talk about reality it's true most Nigerian in SA are selling grugs. For the Nigerians fellows it sounds bad but it true.
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by morpheus24: 2:57pm On Dec 16, 2009
Spinkz:

I'm a South African and I've been dating a Nigerian for 6 years, let talk about reality it's true most Nigerian in SA are selling grugs. For the Nigerians fellows it sounds bad but it true.

Let me guess You are a south African female.

What does he do for a living? Does your man sell drugs too?

Why are you with him if your police chief claims we are so 'evil' of a people to be around?
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by Spinkz(f): 6:05pm On Dec 16, 2009
Why i'm with? cause i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee him

and i'm not again about what they do, i was just saying they do sell drugzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: South Africa Police Chief Blames Nigerians For South African Drug Problems by unfaded(m): 6:36pm On Dec 16, 2009
is your boyfriend a drug dealer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Russian Parliament Passes Anti-gay Bill In a 436-0 Votes / New COVID-19 Variant Found In France As Cases Rise / #Partygate: UK PM, Boris Johnson narrowly Survives Confidence Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.