Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? (4193 Views)

Snake That Was Killed At My Mum's Bar This Morning (pictures) / Cow Attacks A Man And His Wife In Aba, Destroys Their Car (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2017
Ikem11:
My mom can slap me and I won't say a word.. So if my wife does same thing that result my mom slapping me and she slaps her I won't Stil say a word. After all na her daughter in law... Same as her daughter
Lolz..... How old are you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by Alezy(m): 11:34pm On Mar 03, 2017
LadyB1195:
Lolz..... How old are you?
lolz, almost asked same
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by khiaa(f): 7:13am On Mar 05, 2017
Alezy:
still waiting for the call

Ok baby.cheesy
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 8:35pm On Mar 05, 2017
BreezyRita:
Is a female's opinion needed?

good question because all I see is men answering and dey sound like mummy wrappers, if my mother in law slaps me and my husband does nothing,I will simply walk away and never see her again unless she apologises cos I know my mouth. For my husband, if he scolds his mum and show his anger, I will make sure to be d best wife Eva but if he doesn't do anything, my respect for him will diminish dere. there is nothing worse in a marriage than realising you married a mummy boy and someone that cant defend u,its pain is unfathomable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by HRHQueenPhil(f): 8:41pm On Mar 05, 2017
BreezyRita:

With this your comment, I won't be surprised if you say a man should hit his wife when she does 'something very stupid'.
Swidy, adults talk. They try to settle differences.

What would you say if your mother-in-law slapped you?

my mum slaps my husband, d way I will scream she would tink aM possessed. den again, my mother is not mannerless and my man would be too huge & thick to slap. His face wld be d type u tink 10 times before trying such.lol

1 Like

Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by jeyselassie(m): 9:03pm On Mar 05, 2017
BreezyRita:

Firstly, your mother has no right whatsoever to hit your wife. For what na? And as what? Even the husband shouldn't hit his wife na the mama go get dat kain power? She can't even slap my kid sef!

I cannot tell you what you should do but here's how I'll feel:
If my husband refuses to speak up there and then, I'll be led to believe he condones(even encourages) the act and that it was a plan between them.

So I'll expect hubby to tell his mother that slapping me was an extreme and unnecessary move. No matter the issue at hand, try not to take sides but make it abundantly clear that your wife isn't a child she can spank anyhow.

If a mother is still having such power in her son's marriage, it goes to show his level of maturity.
good point there
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by Alezy(m): 11:36pm On Mar 05, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

good question because all I see is men answering and dey sound like mummy wrappers, if my mother in law slaps me and my husband does nothing,I will simply walk away and never see her again unless she apologises cos I know my mouth. For my husband, if he scolds his mum and show his anger, I will make sure to be d best wife Eva but if he doesn't do anything, my respect for him will diminish dere. there is nothing worse in a marriage than realising you married a mummy boy and someone that cant defend u,its pain is unfathomable
lolz, seriously? mummy wrapper?
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by Alezy(m): 11:40pm On Mar 05, 2017
HRHQueenPhil:

my mum slaps my husband, d way I will scream she would tink aM possessed. den again, my mother is not mannerless and my man would be too huge & thick to slap. His face wld be d type u tink 10 times before trying such.lol
many guys up there attached reasons to why their mum might slap their wife but you just talked about Ur mum not been mannerless (if there is any word like that)

so what you trying to say is a mannered mum won't slap no matter her reasons? ryt
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by Alezy(m): 11:43pm On Mar 05, 2017
Alero3Arubi Ur opinion is needed here
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by Nobody: 6:12am On Mar 06, 2017
Alezy:
Alero3Arubi Ur opinion is needed here

I am not the husband kwanu.
I am the wife nau.
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by Beamborla(f): 6:12pm On Mar 06, 2017
I think the best thing to do is to wait till both are calm then sit them down and settle whatever it is between them and should never ever forget to make it known that he's not pleased with his mother's action.

However, things like this don't just happen. There must have been signs of disagreement between them... An observant and wise husband would nip it in the bud before it matures into slapping. Where both are constantly at war, it would be unwise to leave them under the same roof alone.
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by IjeBos(m): 8:47pm On Mar 06, 2017
If you mom slaps your wife (outside of your wife slapping her first or doing something outrageous (trying to harm you or the children)), you have to make it clear to her that if she can't respect your wife, she won't be allowed in your house again. Even the Bible is clear on that.

That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh. -Genesis 2:24

Some of these replies are quite disturbing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by Alezy(m): 11:34pm On Mar 06, 2017
Alero3Arubi:

I am not the husband kwanu. I am the wife nau.
ur opinion as a wife?
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by Alezy(m): 11:42pm On Mar 06, 2017
Beamborla:
I think the best thing to do is to wait till both are calm then sit them down and settle whatever it is between them and should never ever forget to make it known that he's not pleased with his mother's action.

However, things like this don't just happen. There must have been signs of disagreement between them... An observant and wise husband would nip it in the bud before it matures into slapping. Where both are constantly at war, it would be unwise to leave them under the same roof alone.
your final sentence is golden in such situations but when it's meant to happen, will just happen even without your knowledge. These are some of the neglected areas that breaks homes everyday, you can see some comments up there.

I want to ask u personally, if Ur mother in law slaps u in front of Ur husband and he did nothing on the spot, probably waiting for both of you to calm down as u said up there, would you be totally okay with it?
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 07, 2017
Alezy:
ur opinion as a wife?

There 2 sides to this story.
1. If I and my mother-in-law have a great relationship I will take it as a parent and child spat.
2. If I and my mother-in-law aren't on good terms(can't marry her son if she doesn't love me anyway), then I will know she is just trying to annoy me.

However my husband decides to settle it is his own matter.
Who sent me to marry person wey him mama no like me?
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by khiaa(f): 1:25am On Mar 11, 2017
Alezy:
Smiles.....without saying anything to mum?

I tried to call you but the message said that the number is a invalid number. sad
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by Alezy(m): 4:29pm On Mar 13, 2017
khiaa:

I tried to call you but the message said that the number is a invalid number. sad
hnmmmm
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by khiaa(f): 10:52pm On Mar 13, 2017
Alezy:
hnmmmm

What does this mean? +
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by Alezy(m): 10:37pm On Mar 14, 2017
khiaa:

What does this mean? +
Absolutely nothing. lemme have yours then. lost it
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by khiaa(f): 1:28am On Mar 16, 2017
Alezy:
Absolutely nothing. lemme have yours then. lost it

How do I give it to you?
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by Alezy(m): 4:04am On Mar 16, 2017
khiaa:

How do I give it to you?
okay
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by khiaa(f): 9:40am On Mar 16, 2017
Alezy:
okay
How do I give you my number?
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by Alezy(m): 8:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
khiaa:
How do I give you my number?
already replied Ur mail
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by khiaa(f): 2:58am On Mar 17, 2017
Alezy:
already replied Ur mail
Yeah but you didn't answer the question.
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by Alezy(m): 1:45pm On Mar 17, 2017
khiaa:

Yeah but you didn't answer the question.
then you can send it via mail now.
Re: If Your Mum Slaps Your Wife In Front Of You....your Reaction? ?? by khiaa(f): 6:56pm On Mar 17, 2017
Alezy:
then you can send it via mail now.
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mtn Fully Funded Scholarships 2018, For Africans To Study In Usa (bsc, Msc Phd) / Chronicle Of Ikenna Chapter 1:1-35 / Outstanding Nigerians: Submit Your Nominations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.