Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Presidency Hosts Kick Against Rape Team As Novelty Match Holds In Lagos!(photos) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Presidency Hosts Kick Against Rape Team As Novelty Match Holds In Lagos!(photos) (10936 Views)

Tonto Dikeh Plays In Novelty Match In Commemoration Of Fathers Day / Empress Njamah, Rachel Bakam, Beauty Queens Kick Against Rape With Novelty Match / Davido Shares New Photos With His Team As They Storm Haiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency Hosts Kick Against Rape Team As Novelty Match Holds In Lagos!(photos) by link2ok22: 8:56am On Mar 03, 2017
Lol
Re: Presidency Hosts Kick Against Rape Team As Novelty Match Holds In Lagos!(photos) by metallisc(m): 9:35am On Mar 03, 2017
Agbele1:
Pls one celebrity is not here o, Miss Anambra(Chindima Cucumber) grin

Re: Presidency Hosts Kick Against Rape Team As Novelty Match Holds In Lagos!(photos) by Litmus: 1:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
AreaFada2:

Dude not only our women now o.

Recently saw a 50 years plus man I have not seen for about 6 months.

Ol' boy. The man skin be like Alao Akala own o.

I remember he always "highlights" how dark somebody is. That's anybody even slightly darker than himself.

Even his wife that was already fair now looks like ripe banana. grin

Haba! At that age? shocked shocked

I was just ashamed for them.

I used to think 9ja being rated as world champion in bleaching was exaggerated. But from what I have seen in past few years, I think it's spot on.

You do realise that on some slavers record, many victims from what is now Nigeria were recorded as being fairer in complexion than victims taken from elsewhere on the African continent. When the breeding of slaves in America began to take on "aesthetic" values, those victims from eastern Nigeria were prized for their lighter skin coloring. The term Red IBO in Jamaica used for mixed raced people was derived from the incidence of fair complexioned Igbo people.

Nigeria is full of naturally light-skinned people, there are several in my family, some with grey and light blue eyes. It causes no end of grief being accused of bleaching. I wish people would know for sure before accusing people of bleaching. While there are debates to be had about the politics, fashion and health issues surrounding the Bleaching, Some people find it offensive and harassing when accused falsely.
Re: Presidency Hosts Kick Against Rape Team As Novelty Match Holds In Lagos!(photos) by AreaFada2: 2:03pm On Mar 03, 2017
Litmus:

You do realise that on some slavers record, many victims from what is now Nigeria were recorded as being fairer in complexion than victims taken from elsewhere on the African continent. When the breeding of slaves in America began to take on "aesthetic" values, those victims from eastern Nigeria were prized for their lighter skin coloring. The term Red IBO in Jamaica used for mixed raced people was derived from the incidence of fair complexioned Igbo people.

Nigeria is full of naturally light-skinned people, there are several in my family, some with grey and light blue eyes. It causes no end of grief being accused of bleaching. I wish people would know for sure before accusing people of bleaching. While there are debates to be had about the politics, fashion and health issues surrounding the Bleaching, Some people find it offensive and harassing when accused falsely.

I am not Igbo. but half of my grandad/grandma's kids were very light-skinned. One even in her 90s still looked very light-skinned. And she was not even the fairest. One was so fair with slim figure & height and full long hair that people easily mistook her for oyinbo. Were she alive, she'd be well over 100 now.

But what what do you say of darkie people that suddenly turned oyinbo with black knuckles and all? grin cheesy
Re: Presidency Hosts Kick Against Rape Team As Novelty Match Holds In Lagos!(photos) by Litmus: 5:55pm On Mar 03, 2017
AreaFada2:

I am not Igbo. but half of my grandad/grandma's kids were very light-skinned. One even in her 90s still looked very light-skinned. And she was not even the fairest. One was so fair with slim figure & height and full long hair that people easily mistook her for oyinbo. Were she alive, she'd be well over 100 now.

But what what do you say of darkie people that suddenly turned oyinbo with black knuckles and all? grin cheesy

Dark knuckles and dark shadows around the eyes of someone does not prove that the fair person is fair because of bleaching. I know naturally very fair people with dark knuckles and eyes due to years of participating in the London cleaning job circuit. But who's to say my point of view is superior to yours. I guess i'm saying we need better proof since our empirical evidence contradicts. For me, a better way of telling is if the suspect is whitewashed or pasty. When dark skinned people bleach, they look whitewashed. When fair-people bleach they look pasty. As for Nigeria being labeled the bleaching capital of the world, I will have you know that the title is none scientific or methodically arrived at. Different nations in the West Indies and Africa have been summarily awarded the title at one point or another by activists. These activists don't care for the minutia of the truth, they care only to draw publicity to their cause,which is for the abolition of bleaching creams. It is not that it is now Nigeria's turn, since the numbers of users in all the nations mentioned before, grows and wanes, and now we are at the pinnacle, it is because Nigerians make labeling and stereotyping their own. In other words, we indirectly make negative labeling ours. We take ownership because we like to use those stereotypes to do battle among ourselves nationally.Unfortunately, by so doing, we are inadvertently providing permanent parking home for all the worst labeling.

(1) (2) (Reply)

That Busty Ghanaian Model, Roman Goddess Looks Decent In New Photo / Is This The Lady Causing Silent War Between Peter Okoye And Wife Lola? (PHOTOS) / Tragic: Death Visits Nollywood Actor Bob-manuel Udokwu’s Home, R.I.P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.