Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

*How To Use SMS To Boost Your Romance* - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / *How To Use SMS To Boost Your Romance* (693 Views)

Funny But True Facts You Shouldn't Ignore in Your Romance Life / Send Unlimited Free SMS To Ur Loved Ones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

*How To Use SMS To Boost Your Romance* by Lazyreporta(m): 4:56pm On Mar 03, 2017
Seriously, it is easy.

It may need your attention (just like every other romantic thing) but it is easy.

It may need your attention (just like every other romantic thing) but it is easy.

Romance is deliberate, it is a conscious decision.

It may not be grammatically correct but if you want your relationship to thrive, then you have to see romance as a “doing” word, an action word.

Romance is what you do.

Yes, it may become a habit, a way of life after, but the beginning takes some extra effort.

Romance is a skill.

It is learned, then mastered, then upgraded and updated every now and then as time passes.

Don’t forget that romance is DOING and SAYING what makes your partner feel loved, wanted and cherished unconditionally.

are you guys still here?

my network oh. better behaves before someone claims her right to this time oh

Before I sat down to prepare this, it took me days to put my bumbum on the chair and write.

Thank God for the trigger that has made me develop this idea for you.

Dolapo Babatunde (Mrs.), Nee Oloje’s wedding programme of 2012 was the trigger.

She will take us through #PrayingForYou challenge in March. Expect it.

Two pages of the wedding programme has “Prayers For Our Marriage” which is a daily prayer for couples.

The morning I prepared this class, I read the prayer hinged on Proverbs 17:17

“Lord God, we pray that You would deepen and strengthen our friendship to each other.”

That prayer was the trigger.

Although I love and prayed the prayer, Well, I don’t think it is God’s responsibility to deepen my friendship for, to, or with any person.

I think it is my responsibility to do what would deepen the friendship while taking advantage of God’s grace.

So, just as the scripture, Proverbs 17:17 NLT says “a friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need”, I prayed that God should help me be loyal to my fiancée and the relationship.

I committed to be loyal to her and always be there to help her in times of need and asked God to so help me.

In 2007, I hear a friend say that “communication is the lubricant in the wheel of every relationship”.

I am sure he wasn’t the one who made the statement so I don’t really know who to acknowledge for it but I do know that without healthy communication between two or more people, their relationship won’t be healthy.

Someone asked me if it was necessary to talk with one’s partner every day? And I answered in the affirmative.

In the teen days of my father or the romantic days of my grandfather, it may not have been a must for two people in a relationship to talk everyday most especially if the relationship was a long-distance relationship.

Their means of travels were slow and communication took days, or weeks through the Nigeria Postal Services (NIPOST).

But hey, we have mobile phones today and lots of social media and communication platforms and options;

we are inexcusable not to talk with our partner, at least, for 15minutes every day!

Communication may not mean so much to guys as it means to girls.

Or let’s say, what communication means to guys isn’t what it means to girls.

When girls want quantity and quality discussions, interactions, gist and the likes, guys just want quality discussions and such quality discussion could be achieved two times or a little more in a week.

Voice calls are good. Video calls are awesome. But when it comes to romance, SMS and handwritten notes or letters are super amazing, most especially to ladies.

I still have the letters my first babe sent me; one most especially. I used NIPOST too. hahahahah

Well, when it comes to cute and romantic SMS, what’s good for the goose, I have found, it also very good for the gander.

So just as ladies want to wake-up to cute romantic SMSes from their partner, guys won’t also mind receiving same.

However, sending your partner cute SMS every day doesn’t come easy for most of us, especially for our guys.

I have met guys who agree that they like the effect cute SMS every morning or during the day have on their partners, but it is definitely not something they can keep-up doing every day.

For a guy, one I love you for a year may be enough.

But a girl may not mind hearing it every hour.

Guys are concerned about the quality of the words.

Girls are concerned about not just the quality, but also the quantity.

Well, girls and guys alike, like the cute sms
Several years ago, even before I started my relationship, I promised myself that I would be sending my fiancée at least, three SMS every day; one in the morning, one in the afternoon and one at night.

The good news is that I try to make efforts to send her an SMS everyday although there could be some days that I don’t.

I was speechless and needed to explain all she was and the only thing that could explain it for me to her at that particular time was “I love you like kilode”.

The bad news is that I have never been able to send the minimum of three SMS consecutively for more than two weeks.

I doubt if I have even been successful for a two week stretch.

Well, I am good at sending the early morning cute SMS and have added the afternoon SMS.

With time, the evening one would become regular.

Practice makes perfect. Romance is a skill, it is learned, and then mastered, and then upgraded and updated with time

*What Makes an SMS Cute?*

Say it as you feel it and as you mean it.

Your partner can see, read, smell and feel originality in your SMS when you do it this way.

He or she already knows you and you guys have been talking for a while now, so your partner knows when you are “Speechless” as Michael Jackson sang.

Don’t make it complicated.

Don’t borrow words unless it’s a poem you are composing.

Just make the SMS simple.

Yes you may want to explain heaven and earth and the world beneath but just keep it simple.

If you don’t have the impression to write something long, don’t.

In fact, ensure that your SMSes are usually not longer than one page;

your partner should be able to see all your cute words at one glance.

Did you know that the top cutest SMSes are actually “I love you”, “I miss you”, “I need a hug”, “Please come over” etc.?

As much as you can, don’t let you SMS be longer than three words sef.

Let one page be your maximum target.

If the SMS is longer than one page, you may want to send it as a WhatsApp of BBM or any other means or even post it on facebook and tag him or her.

If your SMS is longer than one page, break it into two independent SMSes.

It’s better and more romantic that way.

You definitely don’t want her mobile network service provider to send her your romantic SMS in pieces; by delivering one part now, and the other part later. so just break it in halves yourself.

There have been more than three times that all I sent bae was “you rock!”

And that’s another one; learn to mix your native language with English when sending your partner cute SMS,

it’s romantic.

You could combine it with another language that isn’t your native tongue but ensure that your partner understands the other language or the word being used.

*Copy with sense, abeg*

I repeat; *copy with sense*

It’s okay for you to send your partner an SMS based on an idea you got from another person’s SMS and all those search results on Google.

But copy with sense.

Don’t be like those students that copy other people’s script word-for-word to the extent of copying their personal details.

Please, don’t be so dumb and even if you were once so dumb, quickly change.

Being dumb doesn’t help your romance in any way.

Upgrade, update

Let me tell you something; you and your partner always talk and you guys have gisted in person and over the phone for several minutes, days, weeks and months.

You partner knows your words, your grammatical structure, your mental and emotional and intellectual capacity.

Most of all, your partner knows what I call your “signature.”

Let me explain what your _signature_ is;

when I am the one calling my partner, I have the pet-name I naturally, effortlessly use.

When she is the one calling, it is another pet-name I unconsciously answer her with.

When I am angry, there is a pet-name I use and when I am happy, there is another pet-name I use.

When I am emotionally high, let’s say “Hot”, there is a pet-name I use and when I don’t differentiate between her and the other persons around me, there is another pet-name I use.

My babe would be surprised if I used “my love” or I use “love” in addressing her.

When our relationship was still knew, and her cousin answered my calls, it was the _signature_ I used in detecting if I was talking with Seember or I was talking with Mimi.

Their voices sound very similar, and still do, but the _signature_ separates them.

smiley wink

Written by a friend
Prince imafidon

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: *How To Use SMS To Boost Your Romance* by Lazyreporta(m): 4:57pm On Mar 03, 2017
kiss kiss kiss
Re: *How To Use SMS To Boost Your Romance* by Titheman(m): 4:58pm On Mar 03, 2017
just so dat at the end of the day she go allow u nac
Re: *How To Use SMS To Boost Your Romance* by Titheman(m): 4:58pm On Mar 03, 2017
just so dat at the end of the day she go allow u nack
Re: *How To Use SMS To Boost Your Romance* by Lazyreporta(m): 5:00pm On Mar 03, 2017
cheesy
Titheman:
just so dat at the end of the day she go allow u nack
Re: *How To Use SMS To Boost Your Romance* by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 03, 2017
So all these things for punna
Re: *How To Use SMS To Boost Your Romance* by rp913126: 11:08am On Mar 06, 2017
Nice Post. Nice collection of love sms and they are very romantic.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Man Set To Break Record To Marry Two Brides On Same Day(see Bannar) / Erotic Story- Lust On A Saturday Night / Best Sex Tips Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.