Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,558 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You (19129 Views)

What Is The Future Of An Economy Without This Core Business Skills? / Aliko Dangote Builds N1.2bn Business School In Bayero University Kano / I Will Teach You How To Make $50/day Online Forever. Enter Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by femi4: 8:15pm On Mar 03, 2017
Why you dey spoil another Man's business
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by ikorodureporta: 8:20pm On Mar 03, 2017
Lalasticlala! Rain reach yr side?? Here be like the days of Noah-o!
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by willibounce1(m): 8:22pm On Mar 03, 2017
What is your business with LBS. Are they forcing anybody to attend their school? Oga go find somewhere sit down jare.
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by delivryboy: 8:24pm On Mar 03, 2017
But a business school would bring you closer to people who could teach you some of these.

1 Like

Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by SafeDavid(m): 8:26pm On Mar 03, 2017
100Cents:

I have friends with MBA, they don't know shiit in business, trading, buying and selling to make profit.

MBAs tailor graduands to remain employees. Does Dangote , Adenuga and Ifeanyi Uba have MBAs ?

Just so you know , business schools have programs tailored to.cater to certain niches and those people you mentioned enrolled for. such programs at some point in their life.

Besides what they teach you, you can never underestimate the networking opportunities such programs present to you

Business schools isn't all about grabbing MBA's

1 Like

Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by adeoba2008(m): 8:27pm On Mar 03, 2017
“Don’t let schooling interfere with your education.” – Mark Twain
“I am a slow walker, but I never walk back.” – Abraham Lincoln
“There are essentially only two drugs that Western civilization tolerates: Caffeine from Monday to Friday to energize you enough to make you a productive member of society, and alcohol from Friday to Monday to keep you too stupid to figure out the prison that you are living in.” – Bill Hicks
“No one is saying that you’ve broken any laws, Mr. President… We’re just saying it’s a little weird that you didn’t have to.” – John Oliver on PRISM
“When Students cheat on exams it’s because our school system values grades more than students value learning.” – Neil Degrasse Tyson
“We ask 18-year-olds to make huge decisions about their career and financial future, when a month ago they had to ask to go to the bathroom.” – Adam Kotsko
“Human nature is like water. It takes the shape of its container.” – Wallace Stevens
“How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye hard.” – Winnie the Pooh
“In war, the strong make slaves of the weak, and in peace the rich makes slaves of the poor.” – Oscar Wilde
“I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
“Danger seems terrible from a distance; it is not so bad if you have a close look at it.” – Abhishek Vicky
“Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory.” – Dr. Seuss
“The most important things are the hardest to say because words diminish them.” – Stephen King
“You can tell how smart people are by what they laugh at.” – Tina Fey
“If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” – Dumbledore
“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.” – Bill Gates
“Chop your own wood, and it will warm you twice.” – Henry Ford
“You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.” – Buddha
“You should sit in meditation for 20 minutes a day, unless you’re too busy, then you should sit for an hour.” – Zen adage
“If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you’re the asshole.” – Raylan Givens
“Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
“Of all sad words of mouth or pen, the saddest are these: it might have been.” – John Greenleaf Whittier

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by ymarts: 8:28pm On Mar 03, 2017
Do you know that you can become a millionaire through mini importation business no matter where you live in Nigeria, Togo, Ghana, Kenya, etc?

You maybe wondering how, but wait, I will explain.

Do you know that even though you are working, schooling or busy doing something else, you can set up a mini importation business and start making huge money online by selling things you import from China/Turkey on: konga, jumia, kaymu, olx, etc?

Have you been trying to start mini importation business but you don't know how to do that just because you don't live in Lagos? Ymarts and Zuma Marketing Ltd will help you sell any item you want to sell online fast even if you don't live in Lagos, how?

1. We will help you keep your products in our retail warehouse in Lagos and help you print/process and ship your orders on ‎konga, jumia, olx and other e-commerce websites you want.

2. We will help you collect your returned items from konga, jumia, etc and store for you till you get new orders for them.‎

3. We will help you carry your package from CBO (chat us to know more about CBO) when it arrives Lagos and store for you or send to your location anywhere in Nigeria, Togo, Ghana, Kenya, etc.‎

We can also help you sell on our own online platforms, but you must send the items you want us to sell for you to us to keep in our warehouse for easy delivery to buyers. You get paid for any sale the next day after delivery of the item to the buyer.

‎For those in Lagos, we also do cash on delivery service to your buyers in Lagos, Agbara (Ogun State), Abuja and Port-harcourt, contact me for our delivery charges. We don't accept items above 5kg for now. We only accept items below 5kg for now. We can come to your office, shop or house to pick up the item to deliver, but we will charge you extra money for the pick-up, plus the delivery charge to the buyer.‎

So even if you are working and busy, you can still start mini importation business and make extra money aside your monthly salary, and believe me, you might resign after doing this business for just three months alone. We will show you how to do all these for free, just chat with me.

NOTE: we are an onforwarding, delivery and marketing company that help people sell, deliver, ship items and make extra money as working class or students. We do not operate a Behind office, we only have store houses and we run most of our business from home and from our store house, reason our services are cheap....our existing clients can testify, we are happily serving over 15 nairalanders happily and growing.

When it comes to trust, you don't have to worry because we have come to stay and will never do anything to compromise our standard and good image because we strongly believe that good image is money. We are a fast growing brand with the target to take over West Africa by being the first Nigerian company to help Nigerians and foreigners make money by buying and selling online from home. Whatever you need to make you trust us and give us a trial, we are ready to comply because we want to grow with you.

For more. details about our services, chat with us on whatsapp: 08037295021
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by bettercreature(m): 8:29pm On Mar 03, 2017
ikorodureporta:
Lalasticlala! Rain reach yr side?? Here be like the days of Noah-o!
That lightening and thunder tho
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by hedonistic: 8:41pm On Mar 03, 2017
This is the thread of the year.
Take it or leave it.
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by vislabraye(m): 8:48pm On Mar 03, 2017
helphelp:
Go on...but please, don't forget to post what LBS will teach people.

Thank you very much. Some people just come here with a -ve mindset. They are the same people who will tell you the glass is half empty rather thsn half full.
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by hedonistic: 8:54pm On Mar 03, 2017
100Cents:

I have friends with MBA, they don't know shiit in business, trading, buying and selling to make profit.

MBAs tailor graduands to remain employees. Does Dangote , Adenuga and Ifeanyi Uba have MBAs ?
Funny enough, I don't know any Nigerian that has made it big BECAUSE he attended business school (a few might have made it IN SPITE OF attending business school).

All the mega heavy weights we all know did not go to business school before they made their billions., and business school certainly didn't teach them zilch about how to scheme their way to billions. Some of them only went to prestigious sounding schools AFTERWARDS merely to decorate their profiles and add legitimacy to their wealth (Jimoh Ibrahim, Elumelu, Keem-Belo, et al... ad infinitum).

All the rich kids, looters' children, bookish average kids, and other categories of individuals who go to LBS or even Havard or London do so to either get 'good' middle management jobs (at best) or to manage their parents' businesses.... NEVER EVER to build anything from scratch. They simply cannot.
Those of them who attempt to only do so because they have an unfair and obscene 'wastable or' gamble-able) war chest to deploy from their parents' vast fortunes. Nothing meaningful often results.

Street smarts, luck, and good old wisdom are always more important than formal learning.

1 Like

Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by tk002(m): 8:57pm On Mar 03, 2017
I totally agree with you bruv. Absolute rubbish. The dude with the post should get a life.
emmykk:
if we agree that when one of the about is a lie then everything is rubbish....Look at the post very well you will see that the post is rubbish
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by abbey621(m): 9:01pm On Mar 03, 2017
100Cents:

You're right, even though I have an MBA, I've found out that there's no greater reward in business than working for yourself!
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by Acidosis(m): 9:05pm On Mar 03, 2017
Attending a business school doesn't mean you have to own and run a business. So many illiterates in here.

Mark and Dangote did not attend any business school but they employ lots of MBA guys to manage their empire. Without these guys, there would be NO Dangote.

That you were able to afford a small shop in Alaba shouldn't give you the effrontery to condemn MBA. You'd probably remain in your one or two shops with a so called enterprise knowledge after 20 years, while others are already taking their businesses to a GLOBAL level.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by Nobody: 9:15pm On Mar 03, 2017
GlorifiedTunde:
Dear OP, have you really been to LBS? undecided

I am privileged to know you're very wrong!
Don't mind him I can bet you he can't even afford the fees, my aunt schooled there and she's a trailblazer in the corporate world, this post is thrash
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by bakerzone: 10:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
segedoo:

Lagos Business School is arguably the most prestigious business school in Nigeria. Several of my business associates have passed through their tutelage and are doing fine in corporate Nigeria and in their businesses.

1. Lagos business school can’t teach you how to read people
Reading people and understanding body language are very important to succeeding in business and in life:
• You have to learn to listen to what’s being said and how it is being said.
• You have to learn to listen to what’s being said but not being vocalized.
• You have to observe people “aggressively.”
• You will have to talk less to automatically learn more.
• You will have to notice first impressions.
• Most importantly, learn to use what you’ve learned.

The course Human Behaviour in Organizations (HBO) is packaged with all the information required, especially case studies. Each person has a responsibility of honing his or her skills to suit every customer

2. Lagos business school can’t teach you how to create lasting impressions
You need to learn how to make business gestures that will be appreciated and remembered by the other party like:
• Asking about and then doing something for one of their kids on day one.
• “Freeing” people after you both have an agreement but circumstances have changed and they honestly can’t keep up.
• Bargaining softly on deals important to the other party so that more long term opportunities can be created.
Make business mentors and confidants – people you trust who you can seek advice from. Be totally discreet- anytime you talk about another person, the person listening will wonder what you tell others about them. Respect confidences.

Once again, the courses analysis of business problems, marketing management, communications management & operations strategy are packaged with both local & global case studies that will not only assist you in identifying business problem but also equipping you with necessary information on solutions

3. Lagos business school can’t teach you how to follow your intuition
Every entrepreneur who has been successful will understand winning through intuition – when everything isn’t quite right except that inner feeling. Nothing in a textbook or case study can explain this.
Being intuitive means knowing what people want before they know they need it and finding a profitable way to give it to them. The perfect example is the late, Great Steve Jobs and the iPod he gave us.

Registering for a program with Lagos Business school is prerequisite foundation for discovering/following your intuition (Also known as passion). It will also connect you with like minded individuals. You can ask MD of Slot, MD of Computer Warehouse Group, Interswitch & others too numerous to mention.

4. Lagos business school can’t teach you humility
Humility is a great business attribute. It can win even the most negative customer over. As an entrepreneur or business executive, you have to learn to say these phrases:
• I don’t know: it is best than presenting a know-it-all approach. It also shows your humanity and your clients will trust you more for being truthful. Not knowing something isn’t a crime however, offer to refer clients to someone who does.
• Help me: one big reason businesses fail is because someone wants to do everything alone. Learn to delegate because it is foolish to insist on doing everything yourself.
• Sorry, I was wrong: We all make mistakes. It’s human nature to however, what matter is how you handle them. Readily admitting you were wrong makes a far greater impression than making excuses or outright denial.

Humility is a personality attribute. It takes a lot of effort to develop. The 360 degree personality attribute test offered in the course Human Behaviour in Organizations gives people an almost accurate feedback of their personality and areas they need to consciously work on, apart from humility.

5. Lagos business school can’t teach you how to close a sale
Closing a sale starts from your first meeting with a prospect till when you get a cheque for an order. Selling is the fastest way to the top of the company.
However, reaching the top without exceptional knowing how to persuade is almost impossible. The art of Salesmanship is a life skill.

A combination of the courses Management communication, Strategy, Marketing Managemement, Socio political environment of business & Economic Enviroment of Business are replete with all that is required not only to close a sale but to open up an opportunity for retainership as a consultant.

6. Lagos business school can’t teach you the art of timing in Business
This, you learn from experience. You have to know:
• When to pitch a business proposition in an informal setting
• How to pitch it
• When customers wants you to sell them
• The best time to sow the seed of an idea
• When to send a “Thank You” card
• When best to ask for a pay rise
• When to close a deal based on the customer’s body language
All these and all have to do with timing in business and you can only develop it intuitively.

The course Entrepreneurship combined with some of the ones i mentioned earlier are packaged with information of opportunities in business & key partners to work with in executing it.

7. Lagos business school can’t teach you “The Art of Silence”
Learning how to use silence is a skill not taught in business schools. However, Silence is a powerful tool you an use to know what is on your prospect's mind - the real excuse for not wanting to buy NOW!

It either lets the prospect or client to talk or “forces” them to person to talk. Generally, the first person to talk is the more “uncomfortable” party in business negotiations.

Silence, like patience, is a golden virtue. Being tutored and disciplined under scholars of international repute will teach you silence if you are desirous of equipping yourself for the business world.

8. Lagos business school can’t teach you how to market yourself
• You need to learn how to connect with people on a human level – way beyond the generic business networking concepts. You have put your humanity behind your product and the people who buy it.
• You have to learn to dress the part
• You have to know your product at subconscious level or people will resent your efforts to sell it. Every fibre of your being has to believe in it; nothing can hide that.

The courses Marketing Management (I & II) are fully loaded with all the strategies required for penetration of an existing or emerging market. However, it is the combination of this with Management Communication & Human Behaviour in Organizations that equips you for effectiveness.

Lagos Business School is a great institution but it cannot teach you these and more

Enrol for a program there and when you are through give your analysis.

[url]
http://demandsupplier.com/15-business-skills-lagos-business-school-cant-teach/[/url]

cc: Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44 - Please help entrepreneurs get this.
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by sainty2k3(m): 11:07pm On Mar 03, 2017
Have friends who are products of Business schools. Trust me. They do well in their endeavors
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by obontami: 11:37pm On Mar 03, 2017
Lagos business school won't teach you to spread your legs wide with your man is thrusting into your pussy with an erected dick so you can have a mind-blowing sex with your partner. Because if you have mediocre sex it might affect you attitude to your customers. I.e nagging unnecessary, raising your voice at customer, insulting customer etc. Which might lead to losing of customers.
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by bizhop01: 11:42pm On Mar 03, 2017
How can a school teach you everything? I ASK YOU,WHO TEACH YOU HOW TO FUCCK? i believ you are the one that teach your self
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by davidif: 1:47am On Mar 04, 2017
segedoo:

Lagos Business School is arguably the most prestigious business school in Nigeria. Several of my business associates have passed through their tutelage and are doing fine in corporate Nigeria and in their businesses.

Reading people and understanding body language are very important to succeeding in business and in life:

You need to learn how to make business gestures that will be appreciated and remembered by the other party like:
• “Freeing” people after you both have an agreement but circumstances have changed and they honestly can’t keep up.
• Bargaining softly on deals important to the other party so that more long term opportunities can be created.
Make business mentors and confidants – people you trust who you can seek advice from. Be totally discreet- anytime you talk about another person, the person listening will wonder what you tell others about them. Respect confidences.

Every entrepreneur who has been successful will understand winning through intuition – when everything isn’t quite right except that inner feeling. Nothing in a textbook or case study can explain this.
Being intuitive means knowing what people want before they know they need it and finding a profitable way to give it to them. The perfect example is the late, Great Steve Jobs and the iPod he gave us.

Humility is a great business attribute. It can win even the most negative customer over. As an entrepreneur or business executive, you have to learn to say these phrases:
• I don’t know: it is best than presenting a know-it-all approach. It also shows your humanity and your clients will trust you more for being truthful. Not knowing something isn’t a crime however, offer to refer clients to someone who does.
• Help me: one big reason businesses fail is because someone wants to do everything alone. Learn to delegate because it is foolish to insist on doing everything yourself.
• Sorry, I was wrong: We all make mistakes. It’s human nature to however, what matter is how you handle them. Readily admitting you were wrong makes a far greater impression than making excuses or outright denial.

Closing a sale starts from your first meeting with a prospect till when you get a cheque for an order. Selling is the fastest way to the top of the company.
However, reaching the top without exceptional knowing how to persuade is almost impossible. The art of Salesmanship is a life skill.

• How to pitch it
All these and all have to do with timing in business and you can only develop it intuitively.

Learning how to use silence is a skill not taught in business schools. However, Silence is a powerful tool you an use to know what is on your prospect's mind - the real excuse for not wanting to buy NOW!

It either lets the prospect or client to talk or “forces” them to person to talk. Generally, the first person to talk is the more “uncomfortable” party in business negotiations.

• You need to learn how to connect with people on a human level – way beyond the generic business networking concepts. You have put your humanity behind your product and the people who buy it.
• You have to know your product at subconscious level or people will resent your efforts to sell it. Every fibre of your being has to believe in it; nothing can hide that.

Lagos Business School is a great institution but it cannot teach you these and more
[url]
http://demandsupplier.com/15-business-skills-lagos-business-school-cant-teach/[/url]

If Lagos Business School can't teach you none of this things then maybe it's time to go to Harvard Business school.
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by ideykwum: 5:46am On Mar 04, 2017
Pavore9:
It still does not discount LBS.

The author obviously does not know the Lagos Business School. No.5 on his list (and a few others) is a case in point. About "intuition", he should ask about the LBS "Life Project". Every MBA student there passes through it.
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by ideykwum: 5:48am On Mar 04, 2017
abbey621:

You're right, even though I have an MBA, I've found out that there's no greater reward in business than working for yourself!

You don't have an LBS MBA...
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by uvalued(m): 5:49am On Mar 04, 2017
segedoo:

• How to pitch it

[url]

jodge espirit
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by abbey621(m): 6:27am On Mar 04, 2017
ideykwum:

You don't have an LBS MBA...

God forbid bad thing.....I rep Fuqua any day!
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by ideykwum: 6:44am On Mar 04, 2017
abbey621:

God forbid bad thing.....I rep Fuqua any day!
Is Fuqua AACSB certified??
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by Pavore9: 7:09am On Mar 04, 2017
ideykwum:

The author obviously does not know the Lagos Business School. No.5 on his list (and a few others) is a case in point. About "intuition", he should ask about the LBS "Life Project". Every MBA student there passes through it.

He probably thinks everything there is theory and not tied to the increased productivity of its graduands.

1 Like

Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by bigiyaro(m): 7:53am On Mar 04, 2017
lonelydora:
Then I have to move to Harvard Business School since they can't teach all you mention grin grin

Na joke ooooo.

Who taught all those igbo boys at Onitsha Main market, Ariaria, and Alaba international?
those guys nah sales boys o, not 'business men'

2 Likes

Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by abbey621(m): 9:08am On Mar 04, 2017
ideykwum:

Is Fuqua AACSB certified??

Of course, after all it is Duke University, one of the best in the country!
Re: Business Skills Lagos Business School Can't Teach You by lonelydora: 11:39am On Mar 04, 2017
bigiyaro:
those guys nah sales boys o, not 'business men'

I don't mean the 'oso ahia' group, i meant the main shop owners

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Earn #10000 A Day Without Spending A Dime / Guinness Posts Over N5bn Loss / Access Bank, Remita Introduce Salary Advance Scheme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.