Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,438 members, 7,819,609 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? (2511 Views)

Love Is Greater Than Religion / If You Want Truth Rather Than Religion, Hop In / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by benzics(m): 1:18pm On Mar 04, 2017
People like felixomor actually make this sort of claims, and am just here to clarify things..

Does two wrongs make a right? Theists actually make these claims in hope that it will absolve religion for it's sins.. but that's bullshit!

Atheism has never and will never be responsible for what people do.

Now these claims actually stem from the misunderstanding of the word "atheism".

Atheism is only but a disbelief in Gods, nothing more, nothing less.

Atheism is not responsible for what Stalin or Mao did, because:

Good people will always do good, and bad people will always do bad, but for a good person to do bad, it takes religion

Religion has actually ordered people to be di-cks, like they should hate(kill) gays, hate(kill) unbelievers. Every religious terrorism always has a known motive,either to convert people or to punish people who don't follow their religion.

The middle ages of Christianity, how they terrorized the world for the sole aim of making them Christians, how they burnt "Witches" and all other nonsense, can all be justified by these Christians if they quote their bible.

What Mao did was never for atheism, as atheism never asked anyone to do anything!

Islamic terrorists can always justify their terrorism if they quote their quran.. Religion can basically justify evil!

Making claims like "atheism has killed more people", I don't understand what you mean by that statement, are you trying to justify the crimes of religion or what?

Atheism is responsible for nothing! Atheism doesn't have rules or commandments, atheism is not a belief or faith, get your facts right!

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by Richirich713: 1:32pm On Mar 04, 2017
grin the way u guys attempt to protect atheism from everything, even redefining words.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by benzics(m): 1:48pm On Mar 04, 2017
Richirich713:
grin the way u guys attempt to protect atheism from everything, even redefining words.
And what did we redefine?

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by Richirich713: 1:57pm On Mar 04, 2017
benzics:

And what did we redefine?

Atheism, the belief that there is no God. This lack of belief stuff is a new definition.
Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by benzics(m): 2:23pm On Mar 04, 2017
Richirich713:

Atheism, the belief that there is no God. This lack of belief stuff is a new definition.
LOL, would you say someone who has never heard about gods believe that there are no gods?

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by Richirich713: 2:33pm On Mar 04, 2017
benzics:

LOL, would you say someone who has never heard about gods believe that there are no gods?

No I wouldn't, but atheists are people who have heard about God and believe God doesn't exist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by benzics(m): 2:48pm On Mar 04, 2017
Richirich713:

No I wouldn't, but atheists are people who have heard about God and believe God doesn't exist.
Well when you use the word "belief", you are referring to an organized group with a faith! Atheism isn't organized and has no faith, it's just like you telling me you saw a pink elephant and then I said "I don't believe that" , and then you go about saying I believe that you didn't see a pink elephant.. .

disbelief isn't a belief, just like turning off the TV isn't a TV station!

3 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by felixomor: 3:49pm On Mar 04, 2017
benzics:
People like felixomor actually make this sort of claims, and am just here to clarify things..

Does two wrongs make a right? Theists actually make these claims in hope that it will absolve religion for it's sins.. but that's bullshit!

Atheism has never and will never be responsible for what people do.

Now these claims actually stem from the misunderstanding of the word "atheism".

Atheism is only but a disbelief in Gods, nothing more, nothing less.

Atheism is not responsible for what Stalin or Mao did, because:

Good people will always do good, and bad people will always do bad, but for a good person to do bad, it takes religion

Religion has actually ordered people to be di-cks, like they should hate(kill) gays, hate(kill) unbelievers. Every religious terrorism always has a known motive,either to convert people or to punish people who don't follow their religion.

The middle ages of Christianity, how they terrorized the world for the sole aim of making them Christians, how they burnt "Witches" and all other nonsense, can all be justified by these Christians if they quote their bible.

What Mao did was never for atheism, as atheism never asked anyone to do anything!

Islamic terrorists can always justify their terrorism if they quote their quran.. Religion can basically justify evil!

Making claims like "atheism has killed more people", I don't understand what you mean by that statement, are you trying to justify the crimes of religion or what?

Atheism is responsible for nothing! Atheism doesn't have rules or commandments, atheism is not a belief or faith, get your facts right!

Atheism is not a belief!!!!!
So what is the belief that there is no God called?

No extra comment please
Answer straight....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by felixomor: 3:50pm On Mar 04, 2017
Richirich713:

The desperation is real.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by enshy: 4:31pm On Mar 04, 2017
felixomor:

The desperation is real.
You only get this sort of desperation from demons on the loose.
The last days is very close!
Atheism is basically I dont believe there is God because I cant reason it out...Ok prove there is no God by reason/logic they cant!
Their founding fathers all lived empty and depressed lives smoking and drinking their way to destruction.
Mark Payne lived on 20 cigars/day, Hitchens lived a drunk and chain smoker.
Mark Payne died financially bankrupt, lost his wife an friends and died a painful death!
Their target is baby xtians who are yet to get a grasp of their Faith not You n I.
The demons tremble when we challenge!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by benzics(m): 4:37pm On Mar 04, 2017
enshy:

You only get this sort of desperation from demons on the loose.
The last days is very close!
Atheism is basically I dont believe there is God because I cant reason it out...Ok prove there is no God by reason/logic they cant!
Their founding fathers all lived empty and depressed lives smoking and drinking their way to destruction.
Mark Payne lived on 20 cigars/day, Hitchens lived a drunk and chain smoker.
Mark Payne died financially bankrupt, lost his wife an friends and died a painful death!
Their target is baby xtians who are yet to get a grasp of their Faith not You n I.
The demons tremble when we challenge!
LOL

Atheism is as old as the first men, your religion is not even upto 4000years, while atheism has been there since time immemorial, unless you are saying "before Christianity, everyone lived painfully" and that makes you sound like an idiot

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by benzics(m): 4:39pm On Mar 04, 2017
felixomor:

Atheism is not a belief!!!!!
So what is the belief that there is no God called?

No extra comment please
Answer straight....
The belief that there is no God? I don't know what that's called, maybe "the belief there is no God"? grin
Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by Richirich713: 4:54pm On Mar 04, 2017
benzics:
Well when you use the word "belief", you are referring to an organized group with a faith!

Lol what? Where u getting this stuff, belief just means u take something to be true. No one defines belief in the way u just did. grin again redefining words.

benzics:
Atheism isn't organized and has no faith, it's just like you telling me you saw a pink elephant and then I said "I don't believe that" , and then you go about saying I believe that you didn't see a pink elephant.. .

It means u take what I said to be false, to disbelieve means u take something as false , to believe means u take it to be true.

benzics:
disbelief isn't a belief, just like turning off the TV isn't a TV station!

It's just the way u word it - u believe the negation.

“In summary, there are three attitudes that a consistent believer can have with respect to a sentence p and its negation ~p. 1. Believe that p is true (belief, acceptance). 2. Believe that p is false (disbelief, rejection). 3. Neither believe that p is true nor that it is false (suspension of belief).”
A Textbook of Belief Dynamics (Kluwer Academic, 1999), pg 6
Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by felixomor: 4:56pm On Mar 04, 2017
benzics:

The belief that there is no God? I don't know what that's called, maybe "the belief there is no God"? grin

So you can see that you have betrayed your formal education..

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by enshy: 5:06pm On Mar 04, 2017
benzics:

LOL

Atheism is as old as the first men, your religion is not even upto 4000years, while atheism has been there since time immemorial, unless you are saying "before Christianity, everyone lived painfully" and that makes you sound like an idiot
Please give us a brief account of the history of atheism dated back to 4000years or you have no record? I know you will never answer this!
You live painfully, I dont!

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by benzics(m): 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2017
felixomor:

LMAO grin
I know what I did there.. You are trying to say atheism is a belief so you can push it to the level of religion.. But what if we tell you we KNOW all your abrahamic gods do not exist?
And atheism is diverse.. One who lacks knowledge of Gods is also an atheist!
Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by enshy: 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2017
felixomor:

Felixomor, you just blew atheism of 4000 years into thin air!
With all the intelligence, reason and logic, they have become a victim of their criticisms!

2 Likes

Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by benzics(m): 5:13pm On Mar 04, 2017
enshy:

Please give us a brief account of the history of atheism dated back to 4000years or you have no record? I know you will never answer this!
You live painfully, I dont!
Your question is just same as me asking "give me a brief history of homosexuality dated back to 4000years"..
Atheism is also the LACK of belief in Gods.. Early men lacked beliefs in Gods, so they are atheists!
Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by enshy: 5:27pm On Mar 04, 2017
benzics:

Your question is just same as me asking "give me a brief history of homosexuality dated back to 4000years"..
Atheism is also the LACK of belief in Gods.. Early men lacked beliefs in Gods, so they are atheists!
Who are early men that dont have believe in God?
Give us the story jor!
Nairaland save me from this guy ooo: I asked for story/history, he gave me one sentence/statement!
Please if you have no history, next atheist pls!
Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by felixomor: 5:28pm On Mar 04, 2017
benzics:

LMAO grin
I know what I did there.. You are trying to say atheism is a belief so you can push it to the level of religion.. But what if we tell you we KNOW all your abrahamic gods do not exist?
And atheism is diverse.. One who lacks knowledge of Gods is also an atheist!

You are not even up to date....
There are now atheist churches and assemblies in europe and America.....

Allow the devil to continue washing your brain....
You dont know ... undecided

1 Like

Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by bolkay47(m): 5:30pm On Mar 04, 2017
benzics:

Can you please elaborate how "Early Men" lacked belief in Gods? You mean they were pagans or something? How did you arrive at that?
Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by akintom(m): 5:31pm On Mar 04, 2017
Richirich713:

Because we think in fashion likened to scientific model, we respect meaning (definition) that is built on proven assumptions.

* if you "BELIEVE GOD DOESN'T EXIST", you must have proofs to back this up.
And the theists defines atheism this way.
The very reason they debate ignorantly with atheists.

* atheism is "LACK OF BELIEF" or "DISBELIEF" in the existence of god.

Eg if you tell me that you're my dad, knowing fully well that you're just about my age, i will simply disbelieve such claim. Because, based on the fact of age alone, such claim will suffer reflex disbelief.

The premises on which the theists, claims the existence of god, is similar to the above analogy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by Richirich713: 5:50pm On Mar 04, 2017
akintom:

Because we think in fashion liken to scientific model, we respect meaning (definition) that is devoid of unproven assumptions.

* if you "BELIEVE GOD DOESN'T EXIST", you must have proofs to back this up.
And the theists define atheism this way.
The very reason they debate ignorantly with atheists.

* atheism is "LACK OF BELIEF" or "DISBELIEF" in the existence of god.

The bold is false, atheists and Theists both have defined atheism as the belief that God does not exist, this "lack of belief" is a attempted redefinition that only really come about with Anthony flew with his presupposition of atheism.

akintom:
Eg if you tell me that you're my dad, knowing fully well that you're just about my age, i will simply disbelieve such claim. Because based on the fact of age alone, such claim will suffer reflex disbelief.

The premises on which the theists, claims the existence of god, is similar to the above analogy.

So then u believe I'm not ur dad just like u believe God does not exist.
Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by akintom(m): 6:01pm On Mar 04, 2017
Richirich713:

The bold is false, atheists and Theists both have defined atheism as the belief that God does not exist, this "lack of belief" is a attempted redefinition that only really come about with Anthony flew with his presupposition of atheism.
Now that i have told you, the meaning or definition of who an atheist is, which is also verifiable from literature written by atheists, what else do you want?

Richirich713:

So then u believe I'm not ur dad just like u believe God does not exist.
Did you read the word "analogy" and "premise" in that post?
Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by felixomor: 6:12pm On Mar 04, 2017
enshy:

Felixomor, you just blew atheism of 4000 years into thin air!
With all the intelligence, reason and logic, they have become a victim of their criticisms!

Bro, If you examine them closely,
There really is no logic behind their talk.
Their love for their sin and hedonism is why many of them start claiming they are atheists..
They dont want to be held responsible for their actions in their hearts...
Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by enshy: 6:27pm On Mar 04, 2017
felixomor:

Bro, If you examine them closely,
There really is no logic behind their talk.
Their love for their sin and hedonism is why many of them start claiming they are atheists..
They dont want to be held responsible for their actions in their hearts...
I totally agree with you!
Perverts who didnt want to retain God in their knowledge and God gave them over to a STRONG DELUSION that they should believe a LIE - Rom 1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by benzics(m): 6:47pm On Mar 04, 2017
enshy:

Who are early men that dont have believe in God?
Give us the story jor!
Nairaland save me from this guy ooo: I asked for story/history, he gave me one sentence/statement!
Please if you have no history, next atheist pls!

How old is your religion? How old are humans? Before religion do you seriously think early men were worshipping gods?
Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by Richirich713: 6:49pm On Mar 04, 2017
akintom:

Now that i have told you, the meaning or definition of who an atheist is, which is also verifiable from literature written by atheists, what else do you want?

The correct definition and consistency.

akintom:
Did you read the word "analogy" and "premise" in that post?

How is the analogy similar to ur disbelieve in God.
Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by benzics(m): 6:49pm On Mar 04, 2017
felixomor:

You are not even up to date....
There are now atheist churches and assemblies in europe and America.....

Allow the devil to continue washing your brain....
You dont know ... undecided
Atheist churches, you should know that atheists don't go there to worship any God, it's just same as atheist rallies.
Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by benzics(m): 6:51pm On Mar 04, 2017
bolkay47:
Can you please elaborate how "Early Men" lacked belief in Gods? You mean they were pagans or something? How did you arrive at that?
LOL, pagans do not lack belief in Gods, mind you..

Before religion what do you think man was doing? Worshipping gods or surviving?
Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by enshy: 6:53pm On Mar 04, 2017
benzics:

How old is your religion? How old are humans? Before religion do you seriously think early men were worshipping gods?
You dont have answers.
Dont stress! Let your mentors answer the question!!
Or better still consult them and answer rightly and on point.
Re: Atheism Has Killed More People Than Religion Combined? by enshy: 6:53pm On Mar 04, 2017
benzics:

You dont have answers.
Dont stress! Let your mentors answer the question!!
Or better still consult them and answer rightly and on point.
Dont strive about words!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Many Pastors And Doctors Should Be In Prison Like These Men / Mary Apparition- Confirming Our Election Part 3 / True Jesus Disciple Turned Atheist?Once A Jesus Disciple,Always A Jesus Disciple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.