Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,820 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) (38899 Views)

Abuja Taxi Driver Strips Naked After His Car Was Impounded By Security Officials / Nigerian Man Confronts Chinese Officials Over Ill-Treatment Of Nigerians (Video) / Border Of Nigeria And Niger Republic Is Porous (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by searchng4love: 7:37pm On Mar 04, 2017
Timelezz:

The emboldened prove you're just a FP-hugger who doesn't have a breath of knowledge how international politics works.

1 Like

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 04, 2017
searchng4love:
FTC.... Thanks again to airtel data.... My xiaomi gadget... Power company that has been 24 hours nonstop....

To the topic Japheth doesn't have to be rude.... Some of us have been subjected to such in more advanced western countries.... It's just a routine check no need to raise unnecessary alarm. I didn't come to the social media to start yabbing unnecessarily.
Border police can put you on the next available flight out of their country if they're not satisfied with your presence in the country...

Not all south Africans are xenophobic.... Including some of the comedians on Nairaland.

Get Nigeria into shape... Value your citizens... Pay them living wages.... Provide healthcare..... Social security.... Insurance.... Mortgage without preferential treatment... Affordable capital for businesses... Educational institutions where lecturers and system doesn't make life hell for the students... I can tell you that the faculty of basic medical sciences of the university of Ibadan Nigeria consistently loses over 80℅ of their PhD students to South African universities simply due to the attitude of the lecturers there .... And the UI PG school doesn't give a damn about monitoring the admitted students rather concerned about sales of forms... As there's always the Fgn's funds to waste paying their humongous wages and allowances.....

If you don't value your people.... Don't expect anyone else to do that for you.

Last I checked Nigerian workers are been owed for months..Some for over six months! Students on government scholarships around the world were stranded because the Nigerian government refused to pay them.... MTN that offers blazing data services speed in South Africa is in Nigeria with something slower than snail.... Doctors hold surgery patients to ransom just to get the government to pay their due salaries and benefits..... We really don't have a bargaining chip with the South African government if we don't put our house in order!!!
This is way beyond the point, stop trying to rationalize bad behavior. The fact that Nigeria is in a bad state doesn't mean S Africans should treat us like sh*t. Every country has its issues and that should have nothing to do with how we are treated abroad. The South African border police are over zealous, xenophobic airheads who think every other African is beneath them. I can deal with First world Nations having really annoying border security but South Africa really?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by searchng4love: 7:53pm On Mar 04, 2017
mykel20:
This is way beyond the point, stop trying to rationalize bad behavior. The fact that Nigeria is in a bad state doesn't mean S Africans should treat us like sh*t. Every country has its issues and that should have nothing to do with how we are treated abroad. The South African border police are over zealous, xenophobic airheads who think every other African is beneath them. I can deal with First world Nations having really annoying border security but South Africa really?

Have you seen foreigners on the wrong end of the Nigerian Immigration Services? Go ahead and investigate.
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by dayowunmi(m): 7:59pm On Mar 04, 2017
progress69:

Use ur brain to do what it's meant for. No Everything u politicise. Stop behaving like u have a pack of fufu protected by a hard casing up there
Can you imagine! Such a serious issue as prejudice against fellow Nigerians, hes politicizing it as if South Africa has regards for anyone who voted for APC or PDP. Too many kids prowling around on Nairaland nowadays.
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by abacus(m): 8:00pm On Mar 04, 2017
One day SA monkey will go market and won't return. shameful!
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Timelezz: 8:07pm On Mar 04, 2017
searchng4love:

You have used this GIF 3 times on 3 different monikers within the last 10 minutes. Hope it isn't a digital medication from your behavioural therapist?
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by dragonking3: 8:08pm On Mar 04, 2017
ZarZar:

I know what I said. I wasn't including you undecided Same old regurgitated rubbish I see. Let me tell you something since you like bringing up the same subject over & over again. It didn't take whites 23 years to build economic leverage/land ownership & it sure will not take us that to equal them, if the aim is to do things the right way. This may be a joke to you but as I told you in another thread, South Africans are making strides while you're busy going backwards. We're already boasting 1 black billionaire in the Forbes list & many will certainly come since we already have millionaires amongst us. All that happened in less than 23 years. 23 years from now, the change will even be greater. You tell me, what have YOU achieved since your own independence? Btw, I'm this () to dismissing you. You bore me with your repetitive posts.
I can sense butt hurt. cheesy

The truth is bitter right. One of the greatest thing Nigerians have achieved since independence is that our land is 100% owned by us. As for you black south Africans we all know that you guys are still slaves even after independence that's why the whites own you people. If I was to ask you what you guys have achieved, you will only mention what the white south Africans did, nothing you black south Africans achieved. tongue

BTW I didn't repeat my post if you didn't show up only when your fellow black African brothers are involved but keep dumb when it involves whites

2 Likes

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Timelezz: 8:10pm On Mar 04, 2017
mykel20:
Most of these folks struggling to be the first to comment are often not only dumb but have serious struggle with identity crisis.

1 Like

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Mar 04, 2017
dragonking3:
I can sense butt hurt. cheesy

The truth is bitter right. One of the greatest thing Nigerians have achieved since independence is that our land is 100% owned by us. As for you black south Africans we all know that you guys are still slaves even after independence that's why the whites own you people. If I was to ask you what you guys have achieved, you will only mention what the white south Africans did, nothing you black south Africans achieved. tongue

BTW I didn't repeat my post if you didn't show up only when your fellow black African brothers are involved but keep dumb when it involves whites

Ugh. Whatever. Quite frankly I've given you enough of my time. Go yank a generator or something!
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Ugosample(m): 8:31pm On Mar 04, 2017
Ngozi123:

Why on earth would a South African or a Kenyan be jealous of Nigerians and Nigeria? You're the biggest country (figuratively speaking, not literally) in Africa yet you're riddled with terrorism, poverty and illiteracy. Both Kenya and South Africa have been making huge strides in the last 20 years yet you feel that they'd be jealous of a country that has barely improved since it 'received' its independence in 1960? I don't know where Nigerians get this arrogance from- you're not helping yourselves by having this attitude.

Ngozi....
It may be true that Nigeria has not actualized it's potential yet, but I daresay that indeed Nigeria has made progress since the return of democracy, even tho we need to do more, and indeed, Nigerians are more enterprising than the Kenyans or South Africans, and we have the diverse man power that they don't

They may have better infrastructures, but they don't beat us in what I said up there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by cooldood(m): 8:51pm On Mar 04, 2017
searchng4love:
FTC.... Thanks again to airtel data.... My xiaomi gadget... Power company that has been 24 hours nonstop....

To the topic Japheth doesn't have to be rude.... Some of us have been subjected to such in more advanced western countries.... It's just a routine check no need to raise unnecessary alarm. I didn't come to the social media to start yabbing unnecessarily.
Border police can put you on the next available flight out of their country if they're not satisfied with your presence in the country...

Not all south Africans are xenophobic.... Including some of the comedians on Nairaland.

Get Nigeria into shape... Value your citizens... Pay them living wages.... Provide healthcare..... Social security.... Insurance.... Mortgage without preferential treatment... Affordable capital for businesses... Educational institutions where lecturers and system doesn't make life hell for the students... I can tell you that the faculty of basic medical sciences of the university of Ibadan Nigeria consistently loses over 80℅ of their PhD students to South African universities simply due to the attitude of the lecturers there .... And the UI PG school doesn't give a damn about monitoring the admitted students rather concerned about sales of forms... As there's always the Fgn's funds to waste paying their humongous wages and allowances.....

If you don't value your people.... Don't expect anyone else to do that for you.

Last I checked Nigerian workers are been owed for months..Some for over six months! Students on government scholarships around the world were stranded because the Nigerian government refused to pay them.... MTN that offers blazing data services speed in South Africa is in Nigeria with something slower than snail.... Doctors hold surgery patients to ransom just to get the government to pay their due salaries and benefits..... We really don't have a bargaining chip with the South African government if we don't put our house in order!!!

God bless you bro!How many American citizens have been put through such? As long as we don't respect ourselves, nobody, i repeat nobody will respect us. Even within Nigeria we discriminate and treat ourselves badly,why wont lebanese,chinese,indians treat us anyhow. Someone steals 50 bucks, we throw tire on him and burn him, another steals billions, we hail him. These foreigners actually see us like animals.

3 Likes

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by dragonking3: 9:17pm On Mar 04, 2017
ZarZar:

Ugh. Whatever. Quite frankly I've given you enough of my time. Go yank a generator or something!
Stale, old and repeating the same thing. grin

If I repeat mine by saying that my generator is on my land unlike you guys that own no land, you will feel bitter. cheesy

1 Like

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Chiefwandungu(m): 9:17pm On Mar 04, 2017
Forget Nigerian passport. I used to be harrased way back in my teens anytime I travelled. In 1994 enough was enough, with my parents help I renounced Naija citizenship and took up Zambian citizenship as per Mumsie is Zambian. I have had it ever since I was 16. Never been harassed anywhere in the world, save for my own land Naija again!

1 Like

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 04, 2017
dragonking3:
Stale, old and repeating the same thing. grin

If I repeat mine by saying that my generator is on my land unlike you guys that own no land, you will feel bitter. cheesy

Lol, then you'll be a certifiable mumu. Who said blacks don't own land?
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by dragonking2: 9:27pm On Mar 04, 2017
ZarZar:

Lol, then you'll be a certifiable mumu. Who said blacks don't own land?
Black south Africans are poor and don't own lands. tongue

Their white masters own it all grin

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by 360command: 9:27pm On Mar 04, 2017
Pierocash:
i no knw waiting dey South africa that Nigerians are rushing in there?maybe cos they are are twin brother in corruption.I will rather go Ghana than south africa
guy it is all the same thing. you fit go southy do labour work n get paid OK but not in Ghana. for Ghana, even when you wan do resident permit, those immigration officer go finish your nationality before dem collect your documents.
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by 14(m): 9:32pm On Mar 04, 2017
Built2last:
This Omojuwa guy is a sick attention seeker. Do you know how many people are cornered and questioned in every airport around the world....

I was called aside in Charles De gaul France in 2014 for 45 minutes. I only told them that if I miss my connecting flight I will take the case further. I pulled out my phone and played Zuma till they called me and gave me my passport.

Visit Thailand or Singapore Omojuwa and grow up. It's called Routine check.

He landed in the country aiming to cause troubles, and after all that he said shiit like that in a foreign country, towards emigration police, they will detain you for being rude and not obaying instructions, its their work. I assume he also said, "Do you know who am i"

1 Like

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by 14(m): 9:36pm On Mar 04, 2017
Donkunxex:
South Africa isn't welcoming us again. We should retaliate else we won't earn respect again from other African counterparts

If you feel like you are not welcome, why continue going there.
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 04, 2017
dragonking2:
Black south Africans are poor and don't own lands. tongue

Their white masters own it all grin

So where do we live? On nests? In hives? Where? A "poor black neighbourhood" in SA surely cannot compare to the likes of Makoko, Lasgidi (aka Zoo York) & your other slums. In fact, Nigeria is one giant pile of rubbish.

Poor neighbourhoods by South African standards

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by dragonking2: 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2017
ZarZar:

So where do we live? On nests? In hives? Where? A "poor black neighbourhood" in SA surely cannot compare to the likes of Makoko, Lasgidi (aka Zoo York) & your other slums. In fact, Nigeria is one giant pile of rubbish.

Lovely pictures of white south Africans homes.

Here are details about black south Africans cry

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Ngozi123(f): 9:49pm On Mar 04, 2017
Ugosample:

Ngozi....
It may be true that Nigeria has not actualized it's potential yet, but I daresay that indeed Nigeria has made progress since the return of democracy, even tho we need to do more, and indeed, Nigerians are more enterprising than the Kenyans or South Africans, and we have the diverse man power that they don't

They may have better infrastructures, but they don't beat us in what I said up there

You say "yet" as if it's inevitable that Nigeria will realise its potential. If it hasn't done so in 60 years of its independence then what makes you think that it will in, say, the next 60 years? Nigeria may have better human resources than those countries but what's the point if said human resources prefer to run their trade abroad, in countries that have a better infrastructure than Nigeria, whilst the country continues to stagnate?

As things stand now, and for the foreseeable future, those countries are in a much better position than Nigeria so I don't see how some Nigerians can look down on them.

1 Like

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by JSmart4u(m): 9:49pm On Mar 04, 2017
ZarZar:

Stop lying dear,i've been in nigeria,lekki in particular but currently living in Durban. There are so many terrible places here in south africa too,infact,south african villages are the worst,you can't even compare them to the ones in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Cutehector(m): 9:50pm On Mar 04, 2017
JSmart4u:

Stop lying dear,i've been in nigeria,lekki in particular but currently living in Durban. There are so many terrible places here in south africa here too,infact,south african villages are the worst,you can't even compare them to the ones in Nigeria.
cool she hasnt been to Nigeria before ..
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by CRAPHA96(m): 9:51pm On Mar 04, 2017
Nicheey:

ah dey your back brother
no ooh why not dey my front....because u no be hatchback cry
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by 14(m): 9:55pm On Mar 04, 2017
infofta:
Let's be realistic. Before you are allowed into any country your purpose of coming must be very clear. Telling them your are in SA because you are invited by US government when South Africa is not united states is not a valid reason. They need further clarification.

Thats where he lost the plot completely, his arrogance was way out of order. The guy is full of himself, SA wont just open borders for jim and jack just because he/she is African/nigerian. You going to south africa and what you say is that you were invited by US government, where, In America? He thought by saying US government, he would just walk scott free, not so easy like that. that where the custom police start to smell a rotten egg. After that, he ardued with them saying shiit like that. mmmhhh, in a foreign land.

I will never go to America and when i just landed in the country i start insulting Americans. Nigerians should learn to be polite, especially when they are out of the country.
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 04, 2017
dragonking2:
Lovely pictures of white south Africans homes.

Here are details about black south Africans cry

LMAO @ white south Africans' homes. It just show how little you know about South Africa. Even the shacks that some live in are cleaner than your entire country because we're tidy people. Just look at them!

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by admax(m): 9:59pm On Mar 04, 2017
Thanks Ngozi.

Ngozi123:

Why on earth would a South African or a Kenyan be jealous of Nigerians and Nigeria? You're the biggest country (figuratively speaking, not literally) in Africa yet you're riddled with terrorism, poverty and illiteracy. Both Kenya and South Africa have been making huge strides in the last 20 years yet you feel that they'd be jealous of a country that has barely improved since it 'received' its independence in 1960? I don't know where Nigerians get this arrogance from- you're not helping yourselves by having this attitude.
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 04, 2017
lonelydora:
Who would ordinarily go to South Africa?
hmmm, let's see... only about 800 thousand+ nigerians would.
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Ugosample(m): 10:01pm On Mar 04, 2017
Ngozi123:

You say "yet" as if it's inevitable that Nigeria will realise its potential. If it hasn't done so in 60 years of its independence then what makes you think that it will in, say, the next 60 years? Nigeria may have better human resources than those countries but what's the point if said human resources prefer to run their trade abroad, in countries that have a better infrastructure than Nigeria, whilst the country continues to stagnate?

As things stand now, and for the foreseeable future, those countries are in a much better position than Nigeria so I don't see how some Nigerians can look down on them.

Not all the human resources want to run away tho, know that.
South Africa has been regressing, especially since that nicompoop Zuma took over, so I don't see the "progress" they are making

Kenya has tried, and Ivory Coast has done very well too, but Nigeria is still moving.
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Ngozi123(f): 10:01pm On Mar 04, 2017
admax:
Thanks Ngozi.

I'm sorry, have I missed something? Why are you thanking me?

1 Like

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by JSmart4u(m): 10:02pm On Mar 04, 2017
Cutehector:
cool she hasnt been to Nigeria before ..

I see. She could've gotten her facts straight before she bashed the whole of Nigeria. My beloved home
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 04, 2017
JSmart4u:

Stop lying dear,i've been in nigeria,lekki in particular but currently living in Durban. There are so many terrible places here in south africa too,infact,south african villages are the worst,you can't even compare them to the ones in Nigeria.

South African villages

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Uber, Bolt Drivers Face Uncertain Future As Lagos Begins New Regulations / Truck Crushes Two DELSU Final Year Students To Death (Graphic Photos) / Construction Linking Bonny Island By Road (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.