Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne - Literature (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne (364033 Views)

Story That Touches The Soul. / My Parents Banned Me From Speaking Igbo.. I Learnt From Yorubas ---T.N. Adaobi / Adaobi (A Story Of Love, Romance And Adventure) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Joettti: 5:03am On Mar 29, 2017
Hmmm.?following
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 6:19am On Mar 29, 2017
[quote author=victorydgirl post=55048325][/quote] Evening, hw u doin?
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by habey1984(f): 9:26am On Mar 29, 2017
marianneada:
FLASHBACK
********Nelson come back here, i'm talking to you, dont you ever walk out on me, i'm your father and you must listen to me, you're embezzling the company's fund and all you can tell me is that you used the money for something important, now you're telling me you're traveling back to London for your masters, what havent i done for you"? Dad spoke almost in tears.
"There's no need crying over spilt milk, right now, all i need is just 10million naira to settle down over there, chill mehnn, there's no need for the shouting," He said nonchalantly, we were all watching the drama, nobody spoke.
"Dad i need to be in charge of your company, why don't you sit your old ass at home and watch your company grow," he didnt finish talking when dad slapped him hard on his chick"this is for all the pains you have caused me and your mother"he shouted at him, dad tried to slap him again but he held daddy's hand, "bia Nelson, will you release your father's hand? Do you know that what you're doing is a taboo?" mummy fired at him, he turned to daddy fiercely, "dont you ever raise your hand on me in your miserable life," he fired at daddy, i couldn't just stand and watch Nelson insult our parents then i spoke up"Nelson you are fool, you are the biggest fool i have met in my life, are you the only one that has ever travelled abroad to study, what impression are you giving to people about their children studying abroad, infact you're a disgrace to this family"! I fired at him, he rushed at me but mummy blocked him from hitting me, he then pushed mummy down the stairs.
Mummy was in coma for two weeks, she couldn't recognize anyone at first, the doctors advised us to take things easy with her that she'll come around, my mum really suffered, she has been suffering from the fall till today, the doctors said she'll get better, that it is just a matter of time.
"By the time Chioma finished i was already crying" So where's he right now?
"He left the country immediately after the incident, he left the house without calling anyone, he only called some months ago apologizing for what he did, i guess his money has finished, he said he'll return next month, let's wait and see.
" i'm sorry for all that happened, mummy will be ok. I calmed her down.
" the doctors said all she needs now is love and care, mummy loves Nelson so much, even with what he did, she still cant stop talking about him, sometimes i feel jealous,"oya let's go to the market and buy what you need for the soup,"
I have even forgotten about the market, she took her car keys from her wardrobe and we left to check on mummy Amanda before we leave, we opened her door and met her sleeping "ooooh, thank God she's sleeping, let's hurry and leave before she wakes," she said.
nelson is such a useless boy, he has caused a lot of damage in d family, i wish is mum Quick recovery
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Precial419: 10:00am On Mar 29, 2017
DIS STORY IS SO ON POINT. KUDOS TO U NIX WORK.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by damis28crown(f): 10:05am On Mar 29, 2017
y r u qouting dis thin nw mtchewwwwwwww

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by heemah(f): 10:14am On Mar 29, 2017
Habey1984, I see you are new on NL buh u don't av to quote the whole update before commenting. Just click on "Reply".

2 Likes

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by segsbenks(m): 10:39am On Mar 29, 2017
habey1984:
nelson is such a useless boy, he has caused a lot of damage in d family, i wish is mum Quick recovery
OMG!who is this for God sake?lik dis person is a special patient.....
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by marianneada(f): 1:11pm On Mar 29, 2017
CONTINUATION

........ "Your mother in law to be is under serious spiritual attack,....She wants to destroy you... Their plan is to use her as a tool to destroy her family..... She needs special deliverance.......You must bring her here for it...." The pastor said while praying

"Pls sir, she cant come here..... Is there any other thing i can do to help her....."

"You need to pray for her, i'll give the verses to read in the bible"

"Thank you "

" Now take this holy water, try to add this to her food before the end of two weeks, it will rinse her of all they did to her"

"Hope the water wont cause her any harm" i asked inspecting it.

"Are you doubting a man of God?,... If you dont have faith, your prayers wont work,..... So you need faith....... Come back in one month and give me your testimony"

The pastor gave me the verses and told me when to say the prayers

I was glad aunty Adanna brought me to this man of God, i trusted all he told me.

It was time to leave

"Pls dear, wait for us in the car , i'll soon join you" instructed aunty Adanna

I waited for 30minutes before she finally came out.

"I'm sorry i kept you waiting, he was praying for me"

"No problem"

She dropped me off at a bus stop and i took a taxi to Nelson's house.

Nelson was not at home when i returned,i prepared his special dish to surprise him.

I called him several times but he refused picking my calls, i slept off when i was tired of waiting for him,.........

Around 2am,the smell of Marijuana woke me up from sleep,...... No one was in the room with me,..... I traced the smell to the visitor's room, i tried opening the door but it was locked, i knocked, no response,..... I became scared...

I peeped from the key hole and saw Nelson smoking heavily

"Baby pls open the door, i'm sorry for what i said earlier today, such thing will never happen again"

"Go away!,..... Leave me to die peacefully,.... I'm in love with a coward,...... Someone that cant fight for her love...... I doubt if you truly love me......... I thought you were a tigress...... Why are you suddenly weak....... Pls stay away from my life. "

" I'm sorry my love, i love you, i promise never to leave you again, pls open the door,.... You shouldn't be doing this,.... Smoking wont solve our problem,....... "

There was silence, he didnt speak again.

I stood for 1hour,he didnt open the door, when i was tired of standing, i went back inside the room and sat down thinking of my life, i thought of how happy i was in the village with my poor mother,how i wanted to go to a University, get a good job and make my mother happy by getting married to the man of my dream.

I was lost in my thoughts when i looked up and saw Nelson standing before me,

I didnt know i was crying

"baby i'm sorry" i said standing up immediately

"It's ok,i'm sorry i over reacted, it was stupid of me to smoke thinking it will solve my problem, i promise never to smoke again"

He came close to me,

hugged and kissed me deep

"Baby it's late, let's sleep" , he told me

we laid on the bed, he pulled the blanket over us and we slept in each other's arm.

ONE WEEK LATER

Nelson called to inform me that daddy wants to see us later in the evening.

He picked us from school after lectures. Chy was to follow us,

We stopped over at an eatery and ate before going to the house.

"Chy, do you have any idea on why daddy wants to see us" Nelson asked his sister

"See jamb question, how am i supposed to know,i was surprised when dad called me too.

"You are never serious,i know mum must have hinted you a little"

"I'm serious, i dont know anything about this...... But my instinct tells me it maybe about your marriage "

" Your instinct? ",

" Yes na"

They continued with their argument

I was quiet throughout the drive, i was thinking of how to carry out the instructions given to me,

"Amy, hope you're ok?, you've been quiet since we left school" Chy asked me

"i'm ok dear, just stressed out"i replied her

They continued with their discussion while he drove, i went back to my thought

We got to the house to meet dad and mum waiting for us in the sitting room.

I greeted daddy, then turned to mummy

" Good evening mummy "

" evening "she replied me looking away

Daddy prayed before we started,

" Amanda, since i married you, i've not seen you this aggressive and mean, i want you to tell us what Amaka did to you that made you hate her this much,...... I've been quiet thinking that one day you'll put a stop to all these, but it's getting worse, pls say what she did........ In a month time she 'll become your daughter in law,.. I want to settle all these today "

Mum remained mute,

" Amanda, i' m talking to you!, What did she do "? Daddy fired at her

" All i know is that, my son will never marry her, if he does that, i'll make life miserable for her. "she threw back at him standing up to leave

" Are you trying to walk out on me?, if you can't say what she did, then stop pestering her,....... You were like a mother to this girl,.. You brought her into this family.... You loved her so much but now.... You can even poison her..... You better change or else this house will be hot for you...... "daddy was talking with rage

. " Amaka, thank you for dividing my home, everyone is against me,...... Is this the thank you i deserve from you... By the time i'm done with you, your mother wont recognize you again,"She fired at me

I was just crying as usual,

" Then be ready to fight with me" daddy told her

. Mummy ran up to her room,

Nelson sat down thinking, Chy too was dumbfounded, daddy was angry

. I left to meet her in the room

"Amaka come back here,"

"Nelson pls allow me to do this, i need to talk to her"

I went up to her room after arguing with Nelson,

I meant to open her door when i heard her crying and talking,.. She was holding a picture

I tried to peep through the key hole, i saw her with a picture but i dont know whose picture it was,..... I stood there thinking of the picture when she stood up and started speaking a bit louder, at least i could hear somethings she was saying

"Pls forgive me my daughter, i'm sorry,...... It pains me to see you cry,...... But i'm doing this for your safety,..... I must save my family..... They might hate me now but i'm doing this to protect them...... Amaka my daughter, pls forgive me,... I miss so much..... But i must continue with what i'm doing....... "Mummy was lamenting bitterly

. " God, so this pastor was right, she is under spiritual attack, i must save this woman".

I remembered the Holy water in my bag, i rushed downstairs to check my bag for it,

I saw the maid carrying the bag into the kitchen

"hey, where are you taking my bag to?,give it to me,"

"Aunty i'm sorry, you forgot to cover your bottled water, the water spilt in your bag, even yours books are soaked, aunty Chy took them outside," the maid explained to me.

"what am i going to do now,......... i can still get another water from the pastor," i thought to myself

I rushed outside to call aunty Adanna but her two phones wers switched off. I tried countless times but it didnt connect.

I had limited time to add the water into her food before something terrible happens,i'll keep on trying aunty Amanda's number.

"Baby , what are you doing outside alone,i've searched for you everywhere,...... daddy wants to see us." Nelson's voice jerked me out of my thoughts

We went inside to meet daddy,

Daddy assured us of his support, he promised to make sure mummy changes her mind, we had dinner together before we left.

We didnt talk or wish mummy good nite because she locked herself inside her room.

Nelson dropped us at our lodge, i decided to visit aunty Adanna the next day and tell her about the spilt water.

3 Likes

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by princessadeola(f): 2:29pm On Mar 29, 2017
something smells fishy
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by smokeydrinky: 2:42pm On Mar 29, 2017
princessadeola:
something smells fishy

And something tells me that pastor is fake too
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Halyma(f): 2:44pm On Mar 29, 2017
I feel Aunt Adanna is the one threatening the family.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by xaviercasmir(m): 3:19pm On Mar 29, 2017
maybe anty adanna is lizzy's mother. And that show at the salon maybe staged. MY OPINION.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Nevy22: 4:15pm On Mar 29, 2017
hmmmmmm finally I done meet up with the story mhen I love this I first saw this story on a Facebook page and the poster was doing shakara as if na him story thank God for one of my friends way show me where to see the whole story.more strength to ur elbow nice story keep up the good work
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by veenessha(f): 6:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
Please don't let Amaka go to aunt adanna and dat pastor, she should pray.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 29, 2017
angry they have succedded. Those village witches yaff finally succedded in using Amaka against herself and Nelson's family.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by EvaJael(f): 9:04pm On Mar 29, 2017
I don't trust this Adanna of a woman....#stillobserving
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Sarphee: 9:19pm On Mar 29, 2017
We need more updates please
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 6:34am On Mar 30, 2017
Halyma:
I feel Aunt Adanna is the one threatening the family.
Seconded
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by saffharoun(m): 9:04am On Mar 30, 2017
cool cool GHOSTMODE #REACTIVATED
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by jbaby265(f): 9:42am On Mar 30, 2017
Whattt aunty adanna is certainly up-to something
And who is this person on the photo hmmm I can feel Mumy Amanda pain

More more pls
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Crowniey(f): 11:06am On Mar 30, 2017
I feel Nelson mum is also Amaka's mum and am being suspicious of Adanna's role. More greese to d ryters elbow. Enjoying it so much.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Aminzy(m): 11:36am On Mar 30, 2017
Hadampson:
Seconded
Thirded.......lolz
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by AmiJoy(f): 11:42am On Mar 30, 2017
Aminzy:
Thirded.......lolz
Fourted and fifthed
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by bimberry1307(f): 12:36pm On Mar 30, 2017
I'm over suspecting this Adanna of a character. She might be the one blackmailing Amanda all these days. well done, op.
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by habey1984(f): 12:47pm On Mar 30, 2017
segsbenks:

Just to say those two words...do u av to quote the whole post?lik seriously sister u need a tutorial...
whats ur prob wit dt
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by habey1984(f): 2:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
k thank u so much
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by bossy512(f): 2:48pm On Mar 30, 2017
Well done, pls moreeeeeeeeee
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Elena98: 3:45pm On Mar 30, 2017
bimberry1307:
I'm over suspecting this Adanna of a character. She might be the one blackmailing Amanda all these days. well done, op.

The thing is dat am sure the water is poisoned.. The water poured, Adanna phone is off

1 Like

Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by arryjosh(m): 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2017
Elena98:

The thing is dat am sure the water is poisoned.. The water poured, Adanna phone is off
una don dey write the story for us
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by granely(f): 5:28pm On Mar 30, 2017
pls she should not give her the water I think it's poison, weldone pls continue
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 6:17pm On Mar 30, 2017
Aminzy:
Thirded.......lolz
funny ugringrin u'r nur criouz
Re: To Hate And Love(story That Touches The Heart) By Adaobi Marianne by Hadampson(m): 6:19pm On Mar 30, 2017
jbaby265:
Whattt aunty adanna is certainly up-to something
And who is this person on the photo hmmm I can feel Mumy Amanda pain

More more pls
I think its amaka pics

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (34) (Reply)

Tarasha 2 - The Return For Revenge / Story: Taking Chances / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.