Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,417 members, 7,826,606 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible (8219 Views)

What Was Your Favorite Memory Verse While Growing Up? / Meet The RCCG Child That Recited The Longest Chapter In The Bible, Psa.119 / Did God Command Genocide In The Bible ? This Will Shock You ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by MrsMurphy(f): 9:24am On Mar 05, 2017
Isiah 66:7-9
7 "My holy city is like a woman who suddenly gives birth to a child without ever going into labor.
8 Has anyone ever seen or heard of such a thing? Has a nation ever been born in a day? Zion will not have to suffer long, before the nation is born.
9 Do not think that I will bring my people to the point of birth and not let them be born." The LORD has spoken.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by sonsomegrigbo: 9:27am On Mar 05, 2017
wolesmile:
The biggest ruse of them all...
John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

And the majority got deceived through this!

Mathew 10.34
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by adontcare(f): 9:28am On Mar 05, 2017
Proverbs 12:18. Speaking recklessly is like a thrust of a sword but wise words bring healing.
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by XaintJoel20: 9:32am On Mar 05, 2017
I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.
Ecclesiastics 9:11.

Happy Sunday.
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by ufuosman(m): 9:33am On Mar 05, 2017
psalm 121
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by okpukpu(m): 9:47am On Mar 05, 2017
Mathew 6:33
But seek he first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by onlyTheTruth(m): 9:51am On Mar 05, 2017
2nd Kings, Ch. 24, Verse 8, dat...„Jehoiachin was 18 years old, wen he began to reign Jerusalem, n he reigned for 3 months. 2nd Chronicles, Ch 36, Verse 9, says that...„Jehoiachin was 8 years old when he began to reign and he reigned for 3 months, 10 days Was Jehoiachin 18 years when he began to reign, or was he 8 years old? Did he reignfor 3 months, or did he reign for 3 months 10 days?
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by onlyTheTruth(m): 9:53am On Mar 05, 2017
1st Kings, Ch. No 7, Verse No 26, that...„In Solomon‟s temple, in his molten sea, he had 2000 baths. 2ndChronicles, Ch. No 4, Verse No 5, he had 3000 baths. Did he have 2000 baths or did he have 3000 baths?
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 05, 2017
Galations 6:5

"Therefore, let each man bear his own cross."
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by onlyTheTruth(m): 9:53am On Mar 05, 2017
First Kings, Ch. No. 15, Verse No. 33, that... „Basha, he died in the 26th year of reign of Asa. 2nd Chronicles Ch. No 16, Verse No 1, says that...„Basha invaded Judah in the 36th years of the reign of Asa.‟ How can Basha invade 10 years after his death?
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by onlyTheTruth(m): 9:55am On Mar 05, 2017
Ezra Ch. No. 2, Verse No. 65, it says...There were 200 singing men and women Nehemiah Ch. No. 7, Verse No. 67...„There were 245 singing men and women. Were they 200 -or were they 245 singing men and women?
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by onlyTheTruth(m): 9:55am On Mar 05, 2017
Ezra, Ch. No.2, Verse No.1, and Nehemiah, Ch. No.7, Verse No.6, the context that... „When the people returned from exile, from Babylon, when king Nebucheldeser of Babylon, when he released the men from Israel, they came back from captivity‟ - and the list of the people are given. The list is given in Ezra, Ch. No.2, Verse No.2 to 63, and Nehemiah Ch. No.7, Verse No.7 up to 65; the list is given with the names as well as number of people released. In these 60 Verses there are no less than 18 times -the name is exactly the same but the number is different. There are no less than 18 contradictions in less than 60 Verses, of these two Chapters. you can check for yaselves Further it is mentioned in Ezra, Ch. No.2 Verse No.64 that... „The total congregation, if you add up... if you add up, it comes to 42,360.‟ And if you read in Nehemiah, Ch. No.7, Verse No.66, there also the total is the same 42,360. But if you add up all these verses, Ezra Ch. No. 2 -It does not come to 42,360 -it comes to 29,818. And if you add up Nehemiah, Ch. No. 7, even then it does not come to 42,360 -It comes to 31,089.
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by onlyTheTruth(m): 9:57am On Mar 05, 2017
Genesis, Ch. No.1, Verse No.29, that... „God has given you all the herbs bearing seeds, the trees bearing fruits -those that bear seed, as meat for you.‟ ?? really how about plants containing alkaloid, polyander, bacaipoid,,, how about poisonous plants,,, plz help explain.
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by onlyTheTruth(m): 9:58am On Mar 05, 2017
Bible says in Genesis Ch. No. 1 Verses No. 3 and 5,...„Light was created on the first day. Verses, 14 to 19... „The cause of light-stars and the sun, etc. was created on the fourth day‟. How can the cause of light be created on the 4th day -later than the light which came into existence on the first day?
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by Jasperwhizz(m): 9:58am On Mar 05, 2017
For I know the thought I have concerning you," says the Lord. "Plan for welfare and not of evil. to give you a future and a hope.

Jeremiah 29:11
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by onlyTheTruth(m): 9:58am On Mar 05, 2017
Genesis, Ch. 1, Verses 9 to 13... „Earth was created on the 3rd day. How can you have a night and day without the earth ? The day depends upon the rotation of the Earth Without the earth created, how can you have a night and day?
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by wolesmile(m): 10:03am On Mar 05, 2017
[quote author=Patathis ja post=54284600]Song of Solomon 4:4-5

"Your neck is like the tower of David, Built with rows of stones On which are hung a thousand shields, All the round shields of the mighty men. Your two breasts are like two fawns, Twins of a gazelle Which feed among the lilies..."

Ezekiel 23

Verse 3: They became prostitutes in Egypt, engaging in prostitution from their youth. In that land their breasts were fondled and their virgin breasts caressed.

Verse 7: She gave herself as a prostitute to all the elite of the Assyrians and defiled herself with all the idols of everyone she lusted after. 8 She did not give up the prostitution she began in Egypt, when during her youth men slept with her, caressed her virgin breasts and poured out their sperm on her.[/quhote]

winner01, truthman2012, Anas04, 4everGod1, felixomor, true2god, DoctorAlien, malvisguy212, annunaki2, oaroloye, parisbookaddict, naijadeyhia, plainbibletruth, plapville, MrPresident1, OLAADEGBU, come and defend your book o

sonsomegrigbo, note these too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by Godstraight(m): 10:05am On Mar 05, 2017
realmindz:
my favourite chapter is

Colossians 3:22-24 – "Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything; and do it....

What our slave master used in conquering the hearts of our ancestors and converting them to Christianity
change "slaves" to servant and see how ridiculous you are,the Greeks had slaves,the Muslims had slaves, the mongols had slave but you still only the west participated in it,by the what verse did the natives read before selling their people to foreigners
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by wolesmile(m): 10:06am On Mar 05, 2017
sonsomegrigbo:

Mathew 10.34
Imagine
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by dyze(m): 10:12am On Mar 05, 2017
jclassiq:

hi. goodmorning. pls i cant see ur signature but could u just tell me the site pls?? thank you.

https://christiansingleshub.com

Its a dating site for Christian singles.

Thanks
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 05, 2017
Psalms......
I will lift up my eyes unto the hills.....from whence cometh my help....my help cometh from the lord who maketh the heaven and the earth.....

Matthew mark Luke john.

That part that talked about if the birds of the air can feed because the father took care of them...how much more we that are created in his image....
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by tman14(m): 10:14am On Mar 05, 2017
Jeremiah 29: 11
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by AROWOJEDE(m): 10:17am On Mar 05, 2017
Mode of worship in the Bible"And he (Jesus) went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed..." (Matthew 26:39)
"And Joshua fell on his face to the earth, and did worship..." (Joshua 5:14)
"And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces…" (Numbers 20:6)
"And Abraham fell on his face..." (Genesis 17:3)
"…and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God." (Revelation 7:11)
"…then they bowed their heads and worshiped the Lord with their faces to the ground." (Nehemiah 8:6)
"…Then David and the elders of Israel, who were clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces." (1 Chronicles 21:16)
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by Respect55(m): 10:32am On Mar 05, 2017
Do not be deceived, God cannot be mocked, for whatsoever a man soweth, so shall he reap.
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by Basii: 10:36am On Mar 05, 2017
Isaiah 60
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by cooljoe(m): 10:49am On Mar 05, 2017
hosea 4v6 - my people perish for lack. of knowledge
Romans 6v1- ...shall we continue in sin becos grace abound? God forbid
Mathew 28v20-...and lo I am with u always, even till d end of thy days. Amen
Zec4v6-... not by power nor by myt but by my Spirit sayeth d Lord
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by HAD3S(m): 10:49am On Mar 05, 2017
Proverbs 4:23.
Guard your heart above all else, for it is the source of life. (HCSB)
And
Psalm 119:11
I have treasured Your word in my heart so that I may not sin against YOU. (HCSB)
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by Mcowubaba: 10:54am On Mar 05, 2017
PataAlhaja:
Song of Solomon 4:4-5

"Your neck is like the tower of David, Built with rows of stones On which are hung a thousand shields, All the round shields of the mighty men. Your two breasts are like two fawns, Twins of a gazelle Which feed among the lilies..."

Ezekiel 23

Verse 3: They became prostitutes in Egypt, engaging in prostitution from their youth. In that land their breasts were fondled and their virgin breasts caressed.

Verse 7: She gave herself as a prostitute to all the elite of the Assyrians and defiled herself with all the idols of everyone she lusted after. 8 She did not give up the prostitution she began in Egypt, when during her youth men slept with her, caressed her virgin breasts and poured out their sperm on her.
angry

Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by Iambond(m): 11:00am On Mar 05, 2017
Proverbs 10:22 The blessings of the LORD, it maketh rich and addeth no sorrow with it

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by Godiloveu(f): 11:03am On Mar 05, 2017
Bible verse: psalm 121 vs 1-2 I lift my eyes to hills, from whence does my help come? my help comes from the Lord, who made heaven n earth.
Bible chpt: psalm 20 ( so lovely it is, and it has worked for me many times)
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by babilicious: 11:06am On Mar 05, 2017
Revelation 12:11 " And they overcame him (enemies/ evil) because of the blood of The Lamb (Jesus) and because of their testimony"
Re: Share Your Favorite Verse/chapter In The Bible by kennymoses2012(m): 11:06am On Mar 05, 2017
Mathew 7:7

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body? / Is It A Sin To Have Sex During Fasting Period? / 6th June, 2006 - 6/6/06 - Day Of The Beast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.