Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him (4298 Views)

I Am Having Issues With My Brother’s Wife And Her Two Sisters / My Brother's Wife Served Me With Just A Meat Instead Of Two Meats / Don’t Kill Your Husband. This Is How To Deal With Him If He Is Cheating On You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by hoover420: 1:19pm On Mar 05, 2017
I know the "mind your business" gang will want to overtake this thread but thank God for the few sensible ones among us.
Firstly, I am of the opinion you tell your bro but not in person. Just device a means of telling him without getting involved... Like an anonymous tip
But before doing that, investigate & know the truth.

Secondly, How will my blood brother's wife be sleeping around and then you come here & say it's not my business angry

Thirdly, I didn't wreck her home, she did. They got married for a reason. Who knows, maybe when they divorce, she can finally have her wish to be with the other guy cheesy

How did the child even know about it? Does she take the child there or they have sex in her matrimonial home? shocked
That's disgusting!
Another thing, what if she contracts a deadly virus like HIV & transfer it to my brother? What if?!
What if the niece is not even my brother's child?

Mehn she has no excuse joor...
Maybe God wants to use you to help your brother out, who knows? cool

1 Like

Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by hoover420: 1:23pm On Mar 05, 2017
Evaberry:
please leave your brothers family alone

Don't destroy a home by telling your brother
.besides your niece will lose all trust in you if u tell anyone and it might start affecting her later in life(she will lose trust in people)

op let your brother finds out himself or confront the woman
What if the husband does not find out himself?
The niece is still young and might not understand but will definitely understand someday.
The cheating woman is already destroying her home so? undecided
Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by Richy4(m): 1:42pm On Mar 05, 2017
jusRadical:

In this case, swearing secrecy is rubbish. So the secrecy and friendship with the minor is more important than the girl's family?

I will break a friendship to save a soul any day, anytime.

I don't really understand you...what do you mean by is the minor's friendship more important than girl's family

<<<If her father was informed about her mother's promiscuous life style, and the marriage ends, was it gonna affect the child or not?...What soul are you now saving;that of the father or the kid? Do you think the kid will be happy with the aunt?
The kid made her wishes known to an adult...She should respect her wish and find another solution around it...I respect people's wishes irrespective of their age
Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by kurlarday: 2:23pm On Mar 05, 2017
Richy4:

I don't really understand you...what do you mean by is the minor's friendship more important than girl's family

<<<If her father was informed about her mother's promiscuous life style, and the marriage ends, was it gonna affect the child or not?...What soul are you now saving;that of the father or the kid? Do you think the kid will be happy with the aunt?
The kid made her wishes known to an adult...She should respect her wish and find another solution around it...I respect people's wishes irrespective of their age

If your 7 years old daughter confides in you that you should not tell anyone that she swallowed a pin some seconds ago, what matters to you most? The secrecy or her health. You need to tell the doctor, open the secret, save her life and explain the implications to her when her health is restored.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by olabrad: 2:53pm On Mar 05, 2017
MotherXmas:
Ours is a very lovely family that most people around us admire. We have always got one another's back right from day one. Don't let me go into much details on that. I relate with my niece (a seven year old daughter of my brother) as if she is my daughter, so she is very close to me. She tells me things and I relate with her as if we are friends. Some days ago, while having some usual conversations with her she told me that there is this dude that her mum keeps seeing and she says she shouldn't let her dad know about him. She told me his name (I won't disclose that here because I know her mum may be reading this) and even described his house down the street. Then she asked me that 'Aunty, why doesn't mum want dad to know him? Is she doing something bad? Dad always tell me to be good to people if I want to go to heaven'. I nearly shed tears when I heard those words from her but I had to hide it and pretend that nothing happened. Now, my concern is that she confided in me that I should not tell her mum or dad. she even threatened that if I do, she will not 'be my friend again'. I love my brother, as a woman, I know a cheating woman is liable to kill her husband, I don't want to lose my brother now. I know some people may advise me to keep silent about this issue and let peace reign in my brother's family, but I want you all to consider the pain and regret that will fill my being when I eventually lose my brother. Also, the psychological effect that this adulterous act from my brother's wife will have on our little girl can never me measured. I feel for her. I need mature advice from fellow Nairalanders on what to do in this situation. I will also appreciate if concerned moderators in this section could also let this post get to front page so as to attract experienced parents, grand parents and marriage counselors to this post. Good enough, my sister in-law is also on Nairaland, she may stumble on this post and change her mind. This can also serve as a sermon to other women doing or planning to do same thing. Your children are not log of wood, they aren't morons, they know and understand what you are doing. As a mother, you are like the engine of a moving train, you move and they follow your path, so don't raise/train another LovePeddler.

You seem to be in a dilemma. I will suggest that you don't tell him directly, but you can help him to find out by himself. This way, it won't seem like either you or the daughter were responsible for telling him.
Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by olabrad: 3:17pm On Mar 05, 2017
Aquariann:

After he must have contracted HIV from her right? Or 30 years later when she confesses she's not sure he's the father of the "second child" By the way, her brother is family too.

Besides, at what point do we stop minding our business? Because this "mind your business", is why so much injustice and evil go on unchecked in our society.

For example, we mind our business when that neighbour tortures their "child-maid" but rather than report to relevant authorities, we wait till the day we wake up to hear the child was beaten to death before we start talking about how the beatings has been going on for long.

The problem with y'all advocate of "mind your business" is that when the tables are turned and you're the ones being short-changed, cheated, or facing one form of injustice, you'll want someone else to speak up on your behalf.

Just last week, a guy created a thread complaining about teen girls below age 17 now openly moving around and sleeping with"idïots" twice their ages. But surprisingly a good number of the (surprisingly female) commenters asked him to mind his business.

Then just yesterday, another lady created a thread about her 17 years old pregnant sister. Perhaps if someone had brought it to her notice the girl was "losing it", she would have said mind your business.

Op, sorry for my rants. But if I were your brother, I'll appreciate to be given a heads up about my wife's possible infidelity

Looks like you already made up your mind to tell him. So, why did you come here again for advice on what you have already made up your mind about?
Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by Richy4(m): 3:19pm On Mar 05, 2017
kurlarday:

If your 7 years old daughter confides in you that you should not tell anyone that she swallowed a pin some seconds ago, what matters to you most? The secrecy or her health. You need to tell the doctor, open the secret, save her life and explain the implications to her when her health is restored.

I understand what you were trying to say but the situation at hand if different from the example you have given so far

This is a kid that told her aunt that she wants to tell her something but she should promise not to say it to the father or the mother....which the aunt agreed.....Isn't it wise for the AUNT to look for an alternative solution to deal with it since she has already said she would not tell..

I still maintain that I respect people's wishes irrespective of their age...I guess that's why I was a "go to kinda person"...I will never tell anything someone asked me not to...I have integrity to protect.... For me this is not even an issue for a debate...
If you read my other post I suggested that she can talk to the guy politely to stay clear off the sister inlaw...I said that because i found it to be a special circumstance where integrity is in place ....naturally I will never advise things like that....
Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by Iykecaroll(m): 5:02pm On Mar 05, 2017
Do your own personal investigation & be sure of the authenticity of the claim. Confront the wife with evidence& warn her seriously... and keep tabs on her. Keep praying for ur bro& herself, for God's intervention. If she doesn't desist, you have no other choice but to let ur bro in on the issue.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by byvan03: 5:25pm On Mar 05, 2017
I don't get the correlation between infidelity and possible murder . Investigate this before you start what you won't like to finish . If true,confront the woman with your evidence .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by hoover420: 6:20pm On Mar 05, 2017
Richy4:

I understand what you were trying to say but the situation at hand if different from the example you have given so far

This is a kid that told her aunt that she wants to tell her something but she should promise not to say it to the father or the mother....which the aunt agreed.....Isn't it wise for the AUNT to look for an alternative solution to deal with it since she has already said she would not tell..

I still maintain that I respect people's wishes irrespective of their age...I guess that's why I was a "go to kinda person"...I will never tell anything someone asked me not to...I have integrity to protect.... For me this is not even an issue for a debate...
If you read my other post I suggested that she can talk to the guy politely to stay clear off the sister inlaw...I said that because i found it to be a special circumstance where integrity is in place ....naturally I will never advise things like that....

What if the girl told you she was defiled by one of her uncles but she told you not to tell her parents, will you still keep it a secret or tell the parents? Since you've been speaking of confidentiality undecided

What does a 7yr old kid know about keeping promises?
They don't even have real experience about life & you are here sir, talking about "how good you are at keeping secrets" ...
Please let's be realistic here. The wife shot herself in the foot by being promiscuous. You think those that don't fornicate are fools

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by Aquariann: 6:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
olabrad:

Looks like you already made up your mind to tell him. So, why did you come here again for advice on what you have already made up your mind about?

Hello Oga/Madam, Is it that you don't read or comprehension is your challenge? Are you by chance cheating on your partner that you failed to note I'm not the Op because of your anger at my comment?

Even the post you quoted, I called out the Op, stating that I would love to be told if my wife is possibly cheating on me. Yet you still quoted me to spew junk.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by Richy4(m): 6:46pm On Mar 05, 2017
hoover420:

What if the girl told you she was defiled by one of her uncles but she told you not to tell her parents, will you still keep it a secret or tell the parents? Since you've been speaking of confidentiality undecided

What does a 7yr old kid know about keeping promises?
They don't even have real experience about life & you are here sir, talking about "how good you are at keeping secrets" ...
Please let's be realistic here. The wife shot herself in the foot by being promiscuous. You think those that don't fornicate are fools

What you have to understand is that People react differently in various circumstances in life as we journey into this world we are in ...The fact that I try my best to maintain my integrity does not mean anyone else should do the same....We are different and unique,that's what made the world interesting...If you go through my post, you might see where I told the OP to treat my post like I was thinking aloud...

Based on your first question, If a child, say my Niece informed me that some uncle has had a way with her, I will take it up with the uncle..I will not wait for the father...That's me and that's what I will do...No one mistreats my niece like that and goes free....

As for you thinking that a 7 year old knows nothing...Please do not think like that....that was a wrong assumption ...They know more than you can imagine..we all have been there...Have you ever wondered why some teenagers never have decent conversation with their parents?...It's because of something like this...If the Aunt tells the father, do you think whatever happen to her in life that is troubling her she can ever confined in her aunt again?...
As for the wife...I will never support a cheating wife....
Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by hoover420: 7:02pm On Mar 05, 2017
Richy4:

What you have to understand is that People react differently in various circumstances in life as we journey into this world we are in ...The fact that I try my best to maintain my integrity does not mean anyone else should do the same....We are different and unique,that's what made the world interesting...If you go through my post, you might see where I told the OP to treat my post like I was thinking aloud...

Based on your first question, If a child, say my Niece informed me that some uncle has had a way with her, I will take it up with the uncle..I will not wait for the father...That's me and that's what I will do...No one mistreats my niece like that and goes free....

As for you thinking that a 7 year old knows nothing...Please do not think like that....that was a wrong assumption ...They know more than you can imagine..we all have been there...Have you ever wondered why some teenagers never have decent conversation with their parents?...It's because of something like this...If the Aunt tells the father, do you think whatever happen to her in life that is troubling her she can ever confined in her aunt again?...
As for the wife...I will never support a cheating wife....
Quite understandably, we have individual difference but that doesn't stop what is wrong from being wrong.

To my first question which you answered, you have to first inform the parents before taking action especially if you don't want double wahala for yourself.
I also quite agree that a 7yr old may know something, but they can't really understand it. She must have told the OP to keep it a secret for the fear of getting her ass whooped by her mother or being scolded which I am 100% sure of!

1 Like

Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by olabrad: 7:03pm On Mar 05, 2017
Aquariann:

Hello Oga/Madam, Is it that you don't read or comprehension is your challenge? Are you by chance cheating on your partner that you failed to note I'm not the Op because of your anger at my comment?

Even the post you quoted, I called out the Op, stating that I would love to be told if my wife is possibly cheating on me. Yet you still quoted me to spew junk.

Oh. I thought you were the op.
Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 05, 2017
poshestmina:
Leave your brother's family alone and face YOURS.let him find out on his own!

Grow up.
Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by limamintruth: 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2017
MotherXmas:

Yes I am.

This does not prove anything your sis.-in-law is cheating at all.
Pls don't create problem where there's none dear; the man in question might be anyone other than her cheating partner oo. So don't be in a rush to draw conclusion based on a child's narration.

And if you still feel it necessary to pursue the issue, well, you can conduct a proper investigation secretly on your own (if you can) without having to get the baby involved. Peace.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by chloride6: 9:48pm On Mar 05, 2017
poshestmina:
Leave your brother's family alone and face YOURS.let him find out on his own!

May someone keep help from you when you need it
Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 06, 2017
Richy4:

And if the mother contracts an STD and infects the father and the 2 or dies, it becomes ok abi? What if her mum becomes so engrossed in the infidelity and it calls for the illegal lover to kill her father; that will still be ok abi?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:27am On Mar 06, 2017
OP You have a responsibility to inform your brother.
Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by cococandy(f): 3:20am On Mar 06, 2017
I don't understand how cheating and killing go hand in hand.
Why don't people say a man who cheats on his wife can kill her but rush to say that if the wife cheats or is suspected of cheating.
If this isn't sexism at its peak, I don't know what is. That's BTW though.

As for your predicament, no advice.

I have seen sisters-in-law like you so eager to find faults with their brothers' wives that they jump to the first negative conclusion they can lay their hands on. If you didn't dislike her, the first thing you should have done as an adult is to communicate with her and judge the truth for yourself based on her reaction.

4 Likes

Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by kurlarday: 6:55am On Mar 06, 2017
cococandy:
I don't understand how cheating and killing go hand in hand.
Why don't people say a man who cheats on his wife can kill her but rush to say that if the wife cheats or is suspected of cheating.
If this isn't sexism at its peak, I don't know what is. That's BTW though.

As for your predicament, no advice.

I have seen sisters-in-law like you so eager to find faults with their brothers' wives that they jump to the first negative conclusion they can lay their hands on. If you didn't dislike her, the first thing you should have done as an adult is to communicate with her and judge the truth for yourself based on her reaction.

What is this one saying ke? Dislike kor, disliking ni.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by estheremma(f): 9:46am On Mar 06, 2017
SirVintageCock:
Why not investigate first before blowing the whistle?
There are lots of what ifs here. You wouldn't want to look like a fool by believing that the guy down the street is having an affair your sister in law just because your seven year old niece confided in you.
She may even be innocent, who knows.

Do not be the snitch here rather try to found out what's going. Source personal experience.
LISTEN TO THIS ADVICE,TRUST ME

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 06, 2017
Evaberry:

.besides your niece will lose all trust in you if u tell anyone and it might start affecting her later in life(she will lose trust in people)

Keep quiet!!! What do you know about marriage?

I'll advice the op to talk to the brother's wife.
Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by NoToPile: 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2017
I would have thought you would investigate what exactly the guy down the street has with your sis-in-law.

So you want to talk based on allegations?

Oya now go and tell your brother that his 7yr old daughter said a particular uncle down the street visits his wife and as a result of that she's commiting adultery .

By the time they settle its you they will use to settle the matter.

Even if you catch them redhanded I still won't advise you to talk, you can create the avenue for him to find out but telling your brother directly is out of it.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by chika1996: 7:04pm On Mar 06, 2017
Please tell ur brother for God's sake,he is ur family... This is not the case of minding ur business or not please tell ur brother
Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by budiliscious(f): 10:37am On Oct 26, 2017
Na wetin we no go see for this world today?
Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by Ama80(f): 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2017
Wat if diz lady is innocent.wat if he is planning a suprise fr ur brother or something innovative.pls,just find out more bfr u condemn d lady
Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by grafixdon: 7:07pm On Oct 26, 2017
What are you still waiting for? Call him now and tell him everything. Oh, you think your brother have a peaceful home when his wife is cheating and he doesn't know? There's spiritual and physical effects of her action.

If you don't expose this evil act, God will deal with u.
Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by Cutiekatty: 8:56pm On Oct 26, 2017
MotherXmas:
Ours is a very lovely family that most people around us admire. We have always got one another's back right from day one. Don't let me go into much details on that. I relate with my niece (a seven year old daughter of my brother) as if she is my daughter, so she is very close to me. She tells me things and I relate with her as if we are friends. Some days ago, while having some usual conversations with her she told me that there is this dude that her mum keeps seeing and she says she shouldn't let her dad know about him. She told me his name (I won't disclose that here because I know her mum may be reading this) and even described his house down the street. Then she asked me that 'Aunty, why doesn't mum want dad to know him? Is she doing something bad? Dad always tell me to be good to people if I want to go to heaven'. I nearly shed tears when I heard those words from her but I had to hide it and pretend that nothing happened. Now, my concern is that she confided in me that I should not tell her mum or dad. she even threatened that if I do, she will not 'be my friend again'. I love my brother, as a woman, I know a cheating woman is liable to kill her husband, I don't want to lose my brother now. I know some people may advise me to keep silent about this issue and let peace reign in my brother's family, but I want you all to consider the pain and regret that will fill my being when I eventually lose my brother. Also, the psychological effect that this adulterous act from my brother's wife will have on our little girl can never me measured. I feel for her. I need mature advice from fellow Nairalanders on what to do in this situation. I will also appreciate if concerned moderators in this section could also let this post get to front page so as to attract experienced parents, grand parents and marriage counselors to this post. Good enough, my sister in-law is also on Nairaland, she may stumble on this post and change her mind. This can also serve as a sermon to other women doing or planning to do same thing. Your children are not log of wood, they aren't morons, they know and understand what you are doing. As a mother, you are like the engine of a moving train, you move and they follow your path, so don't raise/train another LovePeddler.

You can't tell your brother and expect him to believe you without facts? Get a camera the one you can monitor with the app on your phone,if possible sneak and fix one in your brothers wife room,one at the entrance of the house and the last one in the sitting room. If she is really cheating on your brother ,then you have your evidence.
Re: Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 27, 2017
Evaberry:

Conspiracy of Silence

(1) (2) (Reply)

Parent(s) Defending Children? / Why Are The Young Ones Rude, Ignorant And Disrespectful Nowadays! / Father Tears 11-year Old Daughter’s Hymen, Destroys Her Vulva During Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.