Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,818 members, 7,827,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? (16236 Views)

Dry Powder Inhaler Or Metered Dose Inhaler –which Is The Best To Control Asthma? / Think More Than Twice / Think More Than Twice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 05, 2017
Gbengageorge:
I did a research somehow online and discovered that there is a particular drug(antibiotics), if used consistently for two months will cure it.
can I know about it?
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2017
Hurlstarling:
Yes, they can. I used to have Asthma, but I no longer did. There is a cure for it, and it's less expensive.
Can you please tell me about the cure? I need it.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 05, 2017
InvertedHammer:

Seun:
You need to close this thread. What the OP is doing is dangerous!
i learnt few things from this thread tho
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by shinarlaura(f): 4:16pm On Mar 05, 2017
abdullah3956:
I will like to know about that too. If you get answer to this, please contact me. Thanks

Ok
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Rosella1: 4:54pm On Mar 05, 2017
pedrilo:
yea really, and where hav u bn? am not hapi wit u oh! sure u knw why.

I should be the one asking all these questions. And I know that you know that I know you know why? tongue
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Basfaq(m): 6:40pm On Mar 05, 2017
edlion57:
Can asthmatic patient be healed permanently....
yes,it can be cured.I have permanent cure for asthma.
Contact me.qassimtunde@gmail.com.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by ArcFresky(m): 6:42pm On Mar 05, 2017
Yuneehk:

I totally agree with you about Ventolin inhaler being addictive. My dad can't even do without it. Taking the tablet daily works for those who can remain faithful to taking it everyday.
How did you survive nysc camp? I'm thinking of not participating in the 3weeks camping when it's time to serve as I can hardly do anything strenuous.
My only problems are I can't seem to stop taking cold drinks and eating fried stuffs.

Me myself.. I don't understand my body fully.
See in sec school, I ran cross country race, came 25th...
I played football, did high jump, threw javelin, ran 5000 meters boys...

But if i enter lagos, clean a dusty room or sleep in a new environment... That night naa die.

But immediately I started using only my tablet, everything became so simple...

The problem about that tablet is, if you have a crisis and you dont use it in time... You are on your own ohh... It will take long to have effect.. And if your heart no strong... Gobe...

1 Like

Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Basfaq(m): 6:45pm On Mar 05, 2017
edlion57:
yes,it can be cured.I have permanent cure for asthma.we waist loot of things in this country.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Yuneehk(f): 7:04pm On Mar 05, 2017
ArcFresky:

Me myself.. I don't understand my body fully.
See in sec school, I ran cross country race, came 25th...
I played football, did high jump, threw javelin, ran 5000 meters boys...

But if i enter lagos, clean a dusty room or sleep in a new environment... That night naa die.

But immediately I started using only my tablet, everything became so simple...

The problem about that tablet is, if you have a crisis and you dont use it in time... You are on your own ohh... It will take long to have effect.. And if your heart no strong... Gobe...
Once you start noticing the symptoms that precedes crisis, taking tablets go a long way. Thanks to this, I never participated in any sport. Even when it was time to run for lectures so you'll have a seat in the lecture hall, I never ran. You did these sports? Lucky you.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by dahfweshdude69: 7:56pm On Mar 05, 2017
iamantistd:

there is a cure. contact me if intrested 08086251300
stop lying...no cure for asthma
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 05, 2017
Basfaq:
yes,it can be cured.I have permanent cure for asthma.

People like you make Nigeria look like a bad place. Asthma is not an infection that can be cured, rather it's a chronic illness that requires management.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by johnnym1: 9:35pm On Mar 05, 2017
Are you asthmatic ? Who is talking about aspirin here. While i agree with environmental factors,i disagree with you on the efficacy of the Ventolin sold in Nigeria market.

I had the US one when i came to Nigeria,as soon as it finished and switched to Nigeria version,i had to purchase frequently.Both were used in same environment. There is a clear difference in both.

d33types:

It is not true
I hope you know that aspirin costs upto $10.99 per satchet in the US but the original costs N350 in Nigeria..Your comparison doesn't follow.

Many factors affect price of drugs. Subsidies, manufacturers, etc

A reliever is used wherever a patient is symptomatic and it differs from person to person. An asthmatic staying in a dusty area in Surulere cannot be compared to another staying a a clean environment in Ikoyi. One will use more inhaler then the other. One week is not any nonsense standard.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by johnnym1: 9:39pm On Mar 05, 2017
If you need the original,i can give you one,i will be in Nigeria hopefully next month. You will understand the difference.It is effective till the last puff.

smokeydrinky:

U don't say!!! I thought as much, especially when a Friend of mine started working in a pharmaceutical company and told me company price per canister is 300!! That 1300 is for end users. So I wonder, what can 300 naira inhaler prevent? No wonder I use to exhuast one cannister in a day during a crisis yet no relief
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by pedrilo: 9:46pm On Mar 05, 2017
Rosella1:

I should be the one asking all these questions. And I know that you know that I know you know why? tongue
i owe u some strokes bae
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by smokeydrinky: 9:54pm On Mar 05, 2017
johnnym1:
If you need the original,i can give you one,i will be in Nigeria hopefully next month. You will understand the difference.It is effective till the last puff.

I need o, would appreciate that.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by lolademariam: 10:42pm On Mar 05, 2017
edlion57:
yes they can permanently cure by prayer, taken ur inhaler regularly b4 dropping it permanently. 'm once a patient but thank 2 God 2day, if I didn't tell u I ve it b4 u ll not know. Garlic is also helpful
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by d33types: 10:50pm On Mar 05, 2017
johnnym1:
Are you asthmatic ? Who is talking about aspirin here. While i agree with environmental factors,i disagree with you on the efficacy of the Ventolin sold in Nigeria market.

I had the US one when i came to Nigeria,as soon as it finished and switched to Nigeria version,i had to purchase frequently.Both were used in same environment. There is a clear difference in both.

Haba. My aspirin example is just for illustration purposes.
Even on Wikipedia it says the cost differs for developing and developed countries for the same exact drug;Ventolin.
This is because the Montreal protocol prohibits the use of cfc containing substances because of their ozone depleting effect and unfortunately Ventolin inhaler contains those substances hence their high cost in terms of compensation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salbutamol

1 Like

Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Partteen: 11:28pm On Mar 05, 2017
edlion57:
Yes, with the appropriate supplements to condition the body to heal itself, it can be done.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by datjohn(m): 12:45am On Mar 06, 2017
Hi all, is it true dat Pneumonia cud lead to Ashma as well?
I asked coz I was a Pneumonia patient 10yrs ago n I had my so far first ashma attack last year. I hav always been told dia is a link even tho I already know dey ar both lungs conditions.

So, can someone pls confirm for me?
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 4:49am On Mar 06, 2017
datjohn:
Hi all, is it true dat Pneumonia cud lead to Ashma as well?
I asked coz I was a Pneumonia patient 10yrs ago n I had my so far first ashma attack last year. I hav always been told dia is a link even tho I already know dey ar both lungs conditions.

So, can someone pls confirm for me?

Yes. Respiratory tract infections infection could be a trigger especially of viral origin. Funny enuf asthma could also be a risk factor for developing respiratory tract infections. Most asthmatics who are genetically wired for asthma had respiratory tract infection in childhood and adult onset asthma. Interestingly children who had ashmatic episodes in childhood can suddenly outgrow it as adults. It looks like a simple topic but it's complex.

1 Like

Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Awoo88: 6:30am On Mar 06, 2017
Ginaz:
I had asthma some time back when I was in secondary school I think. They took me to the doctor and he said I had asthma, though he didn't give me an inhaler but he told me what to be avoided. I should bath with warm water at all times, keep myself warm at all times, don't cook or fry anything. I had attacks once or twice every month, my mom would run up and down to keep my cold legs warm. My legs would be extremely cold to the touch, I won't breath without panting, my chest felt pressed like I wanna die.

I did all that and it just went away, for the past 5 years I've been OK, no attacks no struggling for breath, I'm fine. I'm still wondering how come cos I heard they have no cure for asthma.

I guessed I was lucky to be healed. It's a miracle
Your asthma is probably trigger by cool. Most people outgrown it. It is not gone completely as you still feel slight discomfort but not enough to interfere with you daily routine. Check your self when there drop in temperature especially when the surrounding is moist.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by snowblaq(f): 8:35am On Mar 06, 2017
Ginaz:
I had asthma some time back when I was in secondary school I think. They took me to the doctor and he said I had asthma, though he didn't give me an inhaler but he told me what to be avoided. I should bath with warm water at all times, keep myself warm at all times, don't cook or fry anything. I had attacks once or twice every month, my mom would run up and down to keep my cold legs warm. My legs would be extremely cold to the touch, I won't breath without panting, my chest felt pressed like I wanna die.

I did all that and it just went away, for the past 5 years I've been OK, no attacks no struggling for breath, I'm fine. I'm still wondering how come cos I heard they have no cure for asthma.

..asthma can be outgrown.....it could also come back if u expose urself to allergens
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by datjohn(m): 8:17pm On Mar 06, 2017
stguymandspecie:

Yes. Respiratory tract infections infection could be a trigger especially of viral origin. Funny enuf asthma could also be a risk factor for developing respiratory tract infections. Most asthmatics who are genetically wired for asthma had respiratory tract infection in childhood and adult onset asthma. Interestingly children who had ashmatic episodes in childhood can suddenly outgrow it as adults. It looks like a simple topic but it's complex.

I really appreciate ur feedback. Thank you.
But erhmmnn... Does dat mean dan my kids cud stand d risk of inheriting it frm me? Coz I heard its also can be passed down.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by WaleOsu(m): 12:05am On Mar 07, 2017
Ginaz:

Lucky you...It started in sec sch too JSS1 to be precise,been living with it for 14years now
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by saydfact(m): 10:57am On Mar 07, 2017
I pray God heals everyone going through tough times..... It's been touching reading some of ur comments....

Now my thoughts are, what causes asthma and indeed is there a cure?
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 07, 2017
mhizesther:
Asthma can be so frustrating...it almost destroyed me...it affected my education nd movement.....i would be having attacks at least 3 times in a week...I even thought I would die...but as I grew older I got to know more about asthma nd how to control it ...nd now all I have is mild asthma.....IM SERIOUSLY HOPING FOR A CURE

nd when I looked down I was pulling the thread on my cloth..nd the thread was just hanging with my fingers wrapped around it(i didn't even know I was doing something so stupid)....that day Ehn I was so mad at myself

Following ur diary with some interest. cool
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by iamantistd: 11:44pm On Mar 11, 2017
dahfweshdude69:
stop lying...no cure for asthma
once upon a time there was no vaccine for HIV
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by iamantistd: 11:59pm On Mar 11, 2017
stguymandspecie:

People like you make Nigeria look like a bad place. Asthma is not an infection that can be cured, rather it's a chronic illness that requires management.
your comment makes me sick, my lil sister had it and was cured permanently, God is watching my comments, truly its not an infection or from family. its from birth, its cause by complication before birth believe it or not.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by iamantistd: 12:05am On Mar 12, 2017
saydfact:
I pray God heals everyone going through tough times..... It's been touching reading some of ur comments....

Now my thought are, what causes asthma and indeed is there a cure?
my brother there is a cure, its been in existence for so long just that many people don't seem to have believe in herbal medication. believe it or not there is a cure.... its not an infection even scientist don't have the cure only herbal works on asthma ...

1 Like

Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 16, 2017
datjohn:

I really appreciate ur feedback. Thank you.
But erhmmnn... Does dat mean dan my kids cud stand d risk of inheriting it frm me? Coz I heard its also can be passed down.

Possibly but passing it down may never happen. Some of ur children may have eczema, hay fever, allergic rhinitis but not Frank asthma.
Re: Using Your Reliever Inhaler More Than Twice A Month? by Basfaq(m): 4:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
stguymandspecie:

I just check yr message,pls can u provide me a patient to convince u.people like u don't believe in yr country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Impact And Dangers Of Overthinking On Our Mental Health / Lily Ivf Price Offer/truth About Success Rates Of Ivf Clinics / HIV Losing Its Edge, Evolving Into Milder Form – Study

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.