Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,408 members, 7,861,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:52 AM

Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) (19039 Views)

Nigeria Imports 9000MT Of Stockfish From Norway / BREAKING: Nigeria Officially Exits Recession, GDP Grew 0.55 In Q2 / Nigeria Trade Balance Turns Positive In Q4 As Exports Jump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by larion: 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
Waow

Now at least we have data, all that is needed is to improve on this, from indication, no one can go wrong in Cocoa business.

Amazing I don't find cashew nut there, I also don't see ground but, and its a shame to find palm oil at the import corner......

The stage is set, see yam, see knife, see fire......
Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by Agimor(m): 12:31pm On Mar 05, 2017
Nigeria is indeed a consuming nation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by H2Ossss(m): 12:34pm On Mar 05, 2017
eezeribe:
Thanks op.But I can tell you that this info is like rocket science to the Average Nigerian youth.they won't understand an iota of it unless you simplify it like Big brother Naija which is their favorite.
Just watch and see how average minds would start quoting me.
Anyway,I have saved the details and I am out of the thread.

I DEDICATE this FTC to All the 'Above Average' ones out there.

grin grin grin grin.... Wehdone sir... Superhuman mind
Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by jconsulting(f): 12:36pm On Mar 05, 2017
You don't have to be an economist to comprehend this datas but an average Nigerian youth will not understand all these because they prefer BBnaija and watching football that will not add any meaning to their lives. Ask them what is the country's foreign reserve they won't have a slim idea but how many goals Messi scored last season they won't miss it .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by Sufisunni: 12:37pm On Mar 05, 2017
good
Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by Tolakay: 12:41pm On Mar 05, 2017
Get additional source of income by becoming quickteller paypoint agent :

https://www.nairaland.com/3279690/how-quick-teller-paypoint-agent
Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by oduastates: 12:42pm On Mar 05, 2017
legendte:

Mr above average, I am sorry to let you know that you do not have the required intelligence to qualify people based on their choice of interest. Diversity is the key thing here. That you find interest and have basic knowledge of economics doesn't make you any better than a man who is into sports alone.

I know your type of personality......ITK yet never made first class.

And this incurious guy has a vote.
Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by kunlef1: 12:43pm On Mar 05, 2017
Can people see what I am seeing? Crude palm oil and cane sugar worth billions of naira are still being imported. These are areas that agric entrepreneurs and some state governments can look into.

I once heard that Adamawa alone can meet all the sugar cane requirements of Nigeria if it cultivates only 30% of the arable lands available.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by oduastates: 12:43pm On Mar 05, 2017
legendte:

Mr above average, I am sorry to let you know that you do not have the required intelligence to qualify people based on their choice of interest. Diversity is the key thing here. That you find interest and have basic knowledge of economics doesn't make you any better than a man who is into sports alone.

I know your type of personality......ITK yet never made first class.

How do you make a decision when you vote?
Is it based on whether the cheating overaged flying eagles eagles get to the semi final ?
Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by adegeye38(m): 12:43pm On Mar 05, 2017
96% of our exports in oil mostly, then we use more foreign exchange to import d refined oil abroad, while there is enough money to build thousand of refineries here.

wonder why d naira keeps losing value

with 11 million hectres of farmable land, and 180 million people our agricultural exports is almost at 0% percent....... insane

and wonder why the country keep on spiraling down in recesion and unemployment is rampant.

the diverse potential in the agricultural sector alone is tremendous

our productivity as a people is zero

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by fatymore(f): 12:44pm On Mar 05, 2017
[quote author=jconsulting post=54290873]You don't have to be an economist to comprehend this datas but an average Nigerian youth will not understand all these because they prefer BBnaija and watching football that will not add any meaning to their lives. Ask them what is the country's foreign reserve they won't have a slim idea but how many goals Messi scored last season they won't miss it .o[/quoteOK miss but not all Average Nigerians watches Bbnaija or wareva.. Explain cos me I don't understand
Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by deflover(m): 12:46pm On Mar 05, 2017
So the leech of a nations still depends on Niger Delta oil
I thought we don't count
Kill dem all the afonjas chanted

Even the so-called solid minerals and the agriculture they made us believe is the new gold is no where to be found

Thank God for Niger Delta if not hungry go kill all of una

Proudly urohobo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by idu1(m): 12:50pm On Mar 05, 2017
weyab:
Again thanks for our UGU state for that 0.4 export in vegetables

Don't start trouble grin
Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by Abagworo(m): 12:54pm On Mar 05, 2017
So appalling. Until mineral exports reduce to at least 60% we've not made any meaningful progress. Shameful I must say.
Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by nateevs(m): 12:54pm On Mar 05, 2017
deflover:
I thought we don't count

Even the so-called solid minerals and the agriculture they made us believe is the new gold is no where to be found

Proudly urohobo

Exploration of solid minerals, on a scale required for exportation, is not going to happen overnight mate. This is irrefutable fact!

Criticism is good. But criticism on the back of ignorance is just rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by LorDBolton(m): 12:54pm On Mar 05, 2017
jconsulting:
You don't have to be an economist to comprehend this datas but an average Nigerian youth will not understand all these because they prefer BBnaija and watching football that will not add any meaning to their lives. Ask them what is the country's foreign reserve they won't have a slim idea but how many goals Messi scored last season they won't miss it .
Stop being childish.

Go and ask an American how much they owe Saudi Arabia or china... if they know

This is a field for the economist, financial analyst etc NOT for the doctors, engineers etc

It's obvious u don't Even know the financial stats behind BBN, behind football... if our lousy govt invests in our league do u know how much revenue, job creation, nationalism, imperalism(other countries following our league) it will bring?

You're dissing BBN & football viewers... yet you call yourself an "above average mind"

GTFOH

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by 360command: 12:54pm On Mar 05, 2017
fatymore:
Economist should please explain.. And for the guy above me... An average Nigerian would not understand in as much is not their field.. Can you read anything written in Shorthand if you are not of the secretarial profession?
I think that presentation is self explanatory as the report indicates that we are more of an imported nation than exports. we seem to strive well in the areas of minerals exportation which I believe if we look into it, we export raw minerals. Our country Nigeria is weak at producing finished goods for exports if you look at it in other sectors of the economy as we are doing low on its exportation. This is my best understanding.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by deflover(m): 12:55pm On Mar 05, 2017
idu1:

Don't start trouble grin

Don't encourage the fool
Ask him what did his osun stupid beggar state add to this GDP

I am from Delta so we feed the worms

Ugu even if too small added value

What did the village of osun add to the national cake
Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by deflover(m): 12:57pm On Mar 05, 2017
nateevs:

Exploration of solid minerals, on a scale required for exportation, is not going to happen overnight mate. This is irrefutable fact!

Criticism is good. But criticism on the back of ignorance is just rubbish.

I agree but my people were insulted
They said oil is useless
But see the worms keep feeding on the oil

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 05, 2017
Yes, proudly Urhobo cool
deflover:
I thought we don't count

Proudly urohobo
Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by Samtexjohn1: 1:12pm On Mar 05, 2017
Two unilag lesbians sex tape got leaked, watch and download link below 18+

http://aksmedias.com/unilag/

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by me69: 1:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
Imports don't add up to 100% what are they hiding
Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 05, 2017
EazyMoh:
That's a very good development for Q42016 the GDP growth is very impressive. By the end of this year's first quarter we should be out of recession.
Though the figures are not as dismal as I expected; but I don't share your optimism about coming out of recession by the end of 1Q2017. I'm looking at 4Q2017. You haven't factored economic sabotage, especially as we approach the election period. Don't think that everyone wants us out of the recession

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by AreaFada2: 1:25pm On Mar 05, 2017
I have a little problem believing some of the stats. For example the 3 consecutive GDP rise in the last 3 quarters of 2016.

The infograph is clear enough but NBS needed to discount for things like sharp Naira falls/volatility in the past 18 months.
In 2016, Q2 rise was N4.15 trillion rising to N5.29 trillion by Q4. Good.

But that increase seems fictitious to me. Because that was a period when the Naira fell sharply in value. What was N4.52 triilion worth in dollars in Q2 and value of N5.29 trillion in dollars in Q4?

GDP has to do with sum total of all goods and services. Export goods paid for in dollars & other hard currencies included.

I also doubt if N3.52 trillion in 2015 Q4 was worth less than N5.29 trillion in 2016 Q4.

These so called increases would make sense if we had a stable currency. Not one that loses or gains up to 25% overnight due to CBN manipulation.
Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by AreaFada2: 1:32pm On Mar 05, 2017
deflover:

I agree but my people were insulted
They said oil is useless

But see the worms keep feeding on the oil

I have been saying this here especially in the last few days.

There was even a thread painting ND states as the most corrupt just days ago. By those from the usual regions of course. We all know the reason for the thread is envy over the abysmal 13% derivation. The same regions that if they produced the oil, they won't even give up 50% of the proceeds. Nigeria might even exist anymore.

Those who fought for 13% like Ibori & DSP are suddenly the only corrupt people Nigeria ever produced. OBJ, Tinubu, IBB, Danjuma, Abacha & others are all saints. shocked shocked

Leave them. Truth always catches up with lie.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by EazyMoh(m): 1:34pm On Mar 05, 2017
kITATITA:
Though the figures are not as dismal as I expected; but I don't share your optimism about coming out of recession by the end of 1Q2017. I'm looking at 4Q2017. You haven't factored economic sabotage, especially as we approach the election period. Don't think that everyone wants us out of the recession
You are right I might have been a bit over optimistic. I considered the gain of about 1.06% gain for the q42016. So I assumed if we could achieve 1.30% growth we should be technically out of recession.
Anyway we pray the progress is sustained at this phase, especially the crude oil output and it's international price. Peace.
Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 05, 2017
Idrismusty97:
I am just seeing trillions billions everywhere yet indomie is N90 for super pack.
Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by EazyMoh(m): 1:42pm On Mar 05, 2017
AreaFada2:

I have a little problem believing some of the stats. For example the 3 consecutive GDP rise in the last 3 quarters of 2016.

The infograph is clear enough but NBS needed to discount for things like sharp Naira falls/volatility in the past 18 months.
In 2016, Q2 rise was N4.15 trillion rising to N5.29 trillion by Q4. Good.

But that increase seems fictitious to me. Because that was a period when the Naira fell sharply in value. What was N4.52 triilion worth in dollars in Q2 and value of N5.29 trillion in dollars in Q4?

GDP has to do with sum total of all goods and services. Export goods paid for in dollars & other hard currencies included.

I also doubt if N3.52 trillion in 2015 Q4 was worth less than N5.29 trillion in 2016 Q4.

These so called increases would make sense if we had a stable currency. Not one that loses or gains up to 25% overnight due to CBN manipulation.
Wonderful analysis! However I believe should be strictly in one type of currency. Even the USD isn't that stable, especially when comparing GDP after long periods of time.
But the question is has the Nigerian GDP always been calculated in Naira by the bureau of statistics?
Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by wristbangle: 1:49pm On Mar 05, 2017
weyab:
From import and export statistics... What i notice is ,nigeria dont even export electric wire talk of appliances. Again thanks for our UGU state for that 0.4 export in vegetables

There is nothing like vegetable export in the list abi my eyes dey see double. (oh seen, that's nice, could be ugu though but other vegetables like amaranthus is there.

In Agricultural sector, cocoa still take the lead (.93 percent) but still a far cry to what it used to be which contributes almost 40 percent of the economy GDP. We still have a lot way to go hence the need for FG to use the money in defending naira now to propagate agric sector to its full potential.

Still the economic growth is still @ negative (-1.30 percent) though better than Q3 (-2.24 percent), which means the GDP growth is 0.93 percent.

Let's wait for 2017 Q1 report. Expecting nigeria to get out of recession ASAP.
Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by gidjah(m): 1:52pm On Mar 05, 2017
growth iN a positive direction I must say, if we continue like Thierry (with better improvement....) eerily shall be out of recession soonest. we are gradually getting low in the high horse of import -dependency!
Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by weyab: 1:54pm On Mar 05, 2017
wristbangle:

There is nothing like vegetable export in the list abi my eyes dey see double.

In Agricultural sector, cocoa still take the lead (.93 percent) but still a far cry to what it used to be which contributes almost 40 percent of the economy GDP. We still have a lot way to go hence the need for FG to use the money in defending naira now to propagate agric sector to its full potential.

Still the economic growth is still @ negative (-1.30 percent) though better than Q3 (-2.24 percent), which means the GDP growth is 0.93 percent.

May b someone is by your side thus lack some concentration grin

Well osibanjo can do sometin beta..if not that then ntg

Re: Nigeria's Trade Data: See GDP, Top Imports And Exports Of Q4 2016 (Infograph) by Omotayor123(f): 1:55pm On Mar 05, 2017
wristbangle:

There is nothing like vegetable export in the list abi my eyes dey see double.

Wow.. Nice observation Mr. Economistcheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogbete Market: Enugu Government Unhappy With Breach In NCDC Guidelines / Fire At Lagos International Trade Complex (Photos) / Number Of Business Enterprises Registered In States In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.