Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,699 members, 7,809,644 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (492071 Views)

Canada Port of entry interview /experience / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:59pm On Mar 18, 2020
s3nn2x:

I landed on Monday morning, directly from Lagos and I didn't spend up to 30 minutes in the airport. I wasn't even tested. Although, my passport was scrutinised and I was specifically asked if I have been to the UK recently. I don't use a standard passport tho, so I joined a special line.

Nice one, please becareful out there.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Beehandz(m): 5:40pm On Mar 18, 2020
seyewest:
on Sunday, the wait was terrible but came through with no issue.

Thanks.
With which Airline though.

Any passenger with more info flying directly on Delta Airline?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Beehandz(m): 5:45pm On Mar 18, 2020
s3nn2x:

I landed on Monday morning, directly from Lagos and I didn't spend up to 30 minutes in the airport. I wasn't even tested. Although, my passport was scrutinised and I was specifically asked if I have been to the UK recently. I don't use a standard passport tho, so I joined a special line.

Thanks.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by s3nn2x(m): 6:48pm On Mar 18, 2020
Beehandz:

Thanks.
With which Airline though.

Any passenger with more info flying directly on Delta Airline?
Delta
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by s3nn2x(m): 6:48pm On Mar 18, 2020
seyewest:

Nice one, please becareful out there.

Thanks.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Princekenuk: 7:37am On Apr 09, 2020
Please I sent you a pm. I will like to ask you for certain tips. I am pursuing UNH for fall 2020 Chemistry. Thanks

tegipraise:
Happy New year @seyewest Thank you for doing a great job here. I will be flying with Emirates from MMA to JFK. I question is about baggage. I'm entitled to 2 check in bags and a hand luggage but will there b an issue if I add my backpack strapped at my back?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:16pm On Apr 11, 2020
Princekenuk:
Please I sent you a pm. I will like to ask you for certain tips. I am pursuing UNH for fall 2020 Chemistry. Thanks

okay..
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Bcpump: 8:18pm On Apr 11, 2020
Are people able to enter the US from other countries currently?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:12pm On Apr 13, 2020
Bcpump:

Yes... US citizen.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Bcpump: 12:51am On Apr 14, 2020
seyewest:

Yes... US citizen.
okay thanks
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Artiod: 10:23am On Apr 15, 2020
Bcpump:

Check this link for information on travelers banned-

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by fkj950ax(m): 1:34am On May 08, 2020
Anyone with any lead or info on the next Evacuation Flight from Nigeria to USA should please tag or mention me.

I'd also appreciate the fine details... Cost, T&C, Consulate Bulletin etc etc

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by pufframmy: 7:01am On May 08, 2020
lol USA don tire you
fkj950ax:
Anyone with any lead or info on the next Evacuation Flight from Nigeria to USA should please tag or mention me.

3 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Mjolnir: 1:26am On May 12, 2020
fkj950ax:

Did you make it?
The flight landed abuja yesterday
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by fkj950ax(m): 12:37pm On May 12, 2020
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by fkj950ax(m): 12:39pm On May 12, 2020
Mjolnir:

Did you make it?
The flight landed abuja yesterday

pufframmy:
lol USA don tire you

Lol... #IWish

It's actually the other way round.
Nigeria trying to go to the US.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Bossman(m): 7:37pm On May 12, 2020
I am guessing you have tried to contact the US embassy to see when the next one is. Not much info regarding that on their website. Just some general information.

https://ng.usembassy.gov/important-notice-for-u-s-citizens-2/

fkj950ax:

Lol... #IWish

It's actually the other way round.
Nigeria trying to go to the US.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by fkj950ax(m): 3:48pm On May 21, 2020
And it seems life is returning to normal gradually.

United and Emirates have started SOME International flights.

https://www.emirates.com/ng/english/help/travel-updates/#3525
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by fkj950ax(m): 3:51pm On May 21, 2020
Bossman:
I am guessing you have tried to contact the US embassy to see when the next one is. Not much info regarding that on their website. Just some general information.

https://ng.usembassy.gov/important-notice-for-u-s-citizens-2/

UPDATE.

There were two evacuation flights from Lagos and Abuja to Washington, D.C. May 3 and May 9
Cost $1300 to $2000.
If you didn't have cash, you sign a Promisory Note to refund USG in future and they booked you on the flight.
T&Cs applied.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by fkj950ax(m): 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
Opening the Skies AGAIN

Emirates has added 16 more destinations to the earlier 9 since they resumed flights. No African airport yet though.

They issued a Before You Travel notice and Number 4 is definitely going to be missed.

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by tmphoto(m): 12:39am On Jun 17, 2020
Hello, house I know this does not look like the right time to ask this question but just for enlightenment I would.

My question is if someone arrives one of the US international airport probably as a student on an F1 Visa and does have up to the minimum BTA Fee (money to be held at the Airport) which is $1,000 and he holds less could he be turn away or he might not even be asked about it at the first place. I am asking this here because I believe I have read from people on here who have been in the US hence the reason for my question.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by ishow(m): 4:26am On Jun 17, 2020
tmphoto:
Hello, house I know this does not look like the right time to ask this question but just for enlightenment I would.

My question is if someone arrives one of the US international airports probably as a student on an F1 Visa and does have up to the minimum BTA Fee (money to be held at the Airport) which is $1,000 and he holds less could he be turn away or he might not even be asked about it at the first place. I am asking this here because I believe I have read from people on here who have been in the US hence the reason for my question.

At US port of entry, nobody asks how much you carry with you. You do have to declare your cash if you are carrying above a threshold say $10k I believe. I had less than 1k with me when I came to the US the first time. Be careful of Nigerian immigration officials at Nigeran airport though. I've heard cases when they demand you show them your travel allowance if they found out you are travelling for the first time all to get you to settle them.

4 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by posemeke: 11:10am On Jun 17, 2020
seyewest:
This is a new thread about the Port Of Entry Experience of International travelers to various Airport in United States... You're free to share your stories here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHt2xnXk8AI

Pls sir can u help me with the right group that discusses US Immigration through siblings who is either has a green card or permanent resident in US.

Please if you have any WhatsApp group or telegram groups on that.

This is my number sir: 08037749180.

I am interested in immigration to US thru a siblings basing in US. I want to know to based on the right forum/group I can join with right guide.

Thank you Sir.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by mrprolifik: 2:41pm On Jun 17, 2020
tmphoto:

My question is if someone arrives one of the US international airport probably as a student on an F1 Visa and does have up to the minimum BTA Fee (money to be held at the Airport) which is $1,000 and he holds less could he be turn away or he might not even be asked about it at the first place. I am asking this here because I believe I have read from people on here who have been in the US hence the reason for my question.
I Have been to the USA thrice and on each visit I was never asked how much I had on me at the port of entry. I know for sure that if you are carrying $10,000 and above you need to declare it.

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 5:30pm On Jun 18, 2020
posemeke:

Pls sir can u help me with the right group that discusses US Immigration through siblings who is either has a green card or permanent resident in US.

I am interested in immigration to US thru a siblings basing in US. I want to know to based on the right forum/group I can join with right guide.

Thank you Sir.

Try the U.S Embassy website or USCIS website... This forum is for people with U.S Visa
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Damian457: 7:07pm On Jun 18, 2020
seyewest:

Try the U.S Embassy website or USCIS website... This forum is for people with U.S Visa
boss are you back from the US?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 11:36am On Jun 24, 2020
Damian457:
boss are you back from the US?
I'm in Nigeria bro

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Beehandz(m): 11:46pm On Jul 29, 2020
How true is it that people are traveling from nearby countries
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 8:03pm On Aug 02, 2020
Beehandz:
How true is it that people are traveling from nearby countries

Ethiopian Airline and Airfrance.

2 Likes

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by Legit215(m): 9:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
What kind of questions should one expect entering the USA during this COVID 19? Do you need a COVID 19 results to enter the USA.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by overlord77: 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2020
posemeke:

Thank you Sir.

It's a pretty straightforward process. Get your brother or sister that is a citizen to fill and i-130 form for ya and file for you. However, do note that it's category 4 and usually takes years before your case can be reached or if you are lucky and your petition gets moved to process centres like Potomac,Nevada etc but not California.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by prettyama106(f): 11:39am On Aug 18, 2020
Hello friends please I have a couple of questions I need to clarify please anyone with sufficient information will be welcomed. Help a friend.

Are B1& B2 visa holders allowed into U.S at this time?

Please what's the process to enter U.S?

I read that if you have a minor that is a U.S citizen, a visa holder can accompany the child is that true?

How do I renew a minors U.S passport at this time?

Which POE is open for international flights in the U.S and what's the process?

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (145) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / USA Visit Visa Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.