₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,135,409 members, 4,634,793 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 December 2018 at 01:40 AM

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. (246049 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / Avoiding Cancellation Of USA B1/B2 Visa At The Port Of Entry, POE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by elhadji19: 3:15pm On Dec 06
[quote author=akpumping30 post=73595159]Good day house, plz what will happen assuming the school resume today and in going to USA tomorrow, will there any problem at the Port of entry ?[/quoit.

It is 50/50 Chance. It is better u get a letter from ur international student services or from ur dso that state the reason why you will be coming late to school.Good luck
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by elhadji19: 3:21pm On Dec 06
[quote author=kenzygist post=73602985]I am traveling with a student visa, I need clarification whether it is compulsory to travel with bank statement for the purpose of port of entry.

Secondly I will be landing at Washington but my school is in Louisiana, should I worry about explaining why? [/quote.

I don't think it is necessary but u never knew the officer might ask u something related to that, it won't cost u anything if u take it along, during my time, I took mine along but no question related to that

I was going to Illinois during my time and I landed in New York, yes, u have to worry about explaining the reason, the officer might ask u. Better still, get ur Greyhound bus or flight ticket along with u to show ur connection between Washington and Louisiana. Good luck
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:33pm On Dec 06
akpumping30:
Good day house, plz what will happen assuming the school resume today and in going to USA tomorrow, will there any problem at the Port of entry ?

You shouldn't worry about that if you have a good reason for that and we all know about late admission.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 4:39pm On Dec 06
kenzygist:
I am traveling with a student visa, I need clarification whether it is compulsory to travel with bank statement for the purpose of port of entry.

Secondly I will be landing at Washington but my school is in Louisiana, should I worry about explaining why?

Yes hold it just in case, you can never tell...
Make sure you have your onward ticket (train,plane or bus) before leaving Nigeria... Goodluck

1 Like

Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by akpumping30(m): 9:33pm On Dec 06
Thanks so much @seyewest and @ elhadji19
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by lasthero: 6:31am On Dec 07
Hello.

Please I want to ask if it's allowed to Carry medicine like paracetamol and cypril gold with me on plane from Lagos to New York and hope I won't have issues at poe. Travelling with student visa for masters.

Urgent response pls. Biko
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by seyewest(m): 9:36pm On Dec 07
lasthero:
Hello.

Please I want to ask if it's allowed to Carry medicine like paracetamol and cypril gold with me on plane from Lagos to New York and hope I won't have issues at poe. Travelling with student visa for masters.

Urgent response pls. Biko

so far it's not in commercial quantity, if it's one or 2 sachet fine... declare it if necessary.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by carnal: 8:19am On Dec 09
@ seyewest and OTHER GURUs in the house, please i need step by step update or web link to do drop box including which form to fill, i also want to enquire if its possible to do drop box before expiration of current visa, the current visa expires in 1 days time
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by salsera(f): 12:07pm On Dec 09
Dropbox is the same process as fresh application.
Fill ds 160 form then book your interview appointment process, when you're booking your interview appointment the system will ask questions that you click your 6&6 to see if you qualify for dropbox. You can then choose to do dropbox or not.
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by carnal: 2:19pm On Dec 09
salsera:
Dropbox is the same process as fresh application.
Fill ds 160 form then book your interview appointment process, when you're booking your interview appointment the system will ask questions that you click your 6&6 to see if you qualify for dropbox. You can then choose to do dropbox or not.

many thanks,from what have read both on their site and nairaland here, i think am qualify, however documents to attach aside international passport?DS 180 form isnt opening completely,is anyone experiencing these in the house?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by salsera(f): 2:45pm On Dec 09
carnal:

many thanks,from what have read both on their site and nairaland here, i think am qualify, however documents to attach aside international passport?DS 180 form isnt opening completely,is anyone experiencing these in the house?

No need to attach any document. Like I said just fill the form and book appointment.
If ds160,has issues then just try later. Probably a tech glitch
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by carnal: 2:53pm On Dec 09
salsera:

No need to attach any document. Like I said just fill the form and book appointment.
If ds160,has issues then just try later. Probably a tech glitch

Many thanks will continue to try for ds 160, any advise on making renewal before expiration of current visa?
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by salsera(f): 5:15pm On Dec 10
carnal:

Many thanks will continue to try for ds 160, any advise on making renewal before expiration of current visa?

Yes you can do it either after or before it expires. It's upto you
Re: U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. by boladet: 7:08pm On Dec 11
carnal:

have you been able to log in now I am having same issue I have been trying to schedule appointment I can't log in

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / General UK Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2018 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.