Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,826 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI (39907 Views)

UNICAF University Becomes A Member Of Sarua / Technical University Ibadan: Oyo State-Owned Varsity To Begin Operation January / Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Nobody: 7:48am On Mar 11, 2017
CU keeps going places... haters continue hating cheesy

Vision10:2022 loading!!

#ProudAlumnus

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by casiello(m): 8:00am On Mar 11, 2017
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by eph12(m): 8:03am On Mar 11, 2017
casiello:

Oga dont be decieved. You dont need 4 years to undergo pmi's courses. Just 4 weekends (sat & sun) is sufficient. Dont believe the hype. I'm a certified pmp holder and I know the process. As a matter of fact, going through pmi courses is just a pre-requisite, its not the real deal in becoming a pmp.
How much does it really cost to be a certified pmp holder?
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by bezimo(m): 8:09am On Mar 11, 2017
I obtained my PMP over 2 years ago, nice experience.

Good news that PMI is partnering with CU.it can only get better.
I know haters wont like this news.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by MacMaster01(m): 8:16am On Mar 11, 2017
I'm proud I attended this school, a vision driven institution #nuffsaid

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by casiello(m): 8:18am On Mar 11, 2017

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Jayroland: 8:29am On Mar 11, 2017
Statsocial:
Did my PMP last yr during NYSC only to be told at the end of the programme that PMP was a prerequisite for PMI and that PMI could only be certified outside Nigeria. So this is certainly good news for some of us That may want to get the Certificate for PMI.

Definitely not true. I did my PMP last year and I am PMI certified. You should log onto pmi.org and read more about PMP certifications by PMI. There are a lot of organizations in Nigeria offering pmp course (which is the 35 hour course work u need) that will qualify u to write the pmp by PMI. I did that and wrote the exam in Lagos. so do ur research properly. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Cutehector(m): 8:30am On Mar 11, 2017
And somewhere in elele, okija and Enugu, Madonna university is still demanding students not to use camera phones .. Stupidity of the highest order

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by semasir: 8:34am On Mar 11, 2017
And I graciously spent 5 years of my life in LASU over this course with almost nothing added but an introduction to the course!

Issokay
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by eph12(m): 8:38am On Mar 11, 2017
casiello:

The total cost keeps increasing due to the exchange rate. Budget at least 300k minimum for pmi course training, exam fee, pmi membership fee, practice questions etc.
You will also need project management work experience before you are allowed to take the exam
I guese CU is not offering the exam or to be certified. Just the training right?
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by cejaypriesty(m): 8:42am On Mar 11, 2017
c4tnoelz:
To God be the glory.....our case is different
Hallelujah
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by casiello(m): 8:47am On Mar 11, 2017
eph12:

I guese CU is not offering the exam or to be certified. Just the training right?
Yeah, just the training.
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Lush100(m): 8:58am On Mar 11, 2017
shoyemiayodeji:

I heard you are conversant with RRR Mode of payment.. ...A friend of mine made a payment using RRR however the payment is not reflecting of the student portal. I would have Queried the RRR number bit I forgot to write it down during the course of payment. ....My question is : How do I get the RRR number? Urgent reply please.

how did the person make the payment.
is it thru banks or just the remita website.
if thru bank . get back there, they will escalate.
if thru the remita,
wtite to systemspecs .giving details of the transaction, you will get a reply.
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Samiceman: 9:05am On Mar 11, 2017
shoyemiayodeji:

I heard you are conversant with RRR Mode of payment.. ...A friend of mine made a payment using RRR however the payment is not reflecting of the student portal. I would have Queried the RRR number bit I forgot to write it down during the course of payment. ....My question is : How do I get the RRR number? Urgent reply please.
Were you not asked to provide an e-mail address while registering? Check your mail.
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Nobody: 9:05am On Mar 11, 2017
Lush100:

how did the person make the payment.
is it thru banks or just the remita website.
if thru bank . get back there, they will escalate.
if thru the remita,
wtite to systemspecs .giving details of the transaction, you will get a reply.

he paid through the remita website using a master card....... systemspecs?
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 11, 2017
Samiceman:
Were you not asked to provide an e-mail address while registering? Check your mail.

That is the ish.... Nothing was sent to the mail
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by eyinjuege: 9:36am On Mar 11, 2017
Nice one.

Salutè
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by ideykwum: 9:36am On Mar 11, 2017
Statsocial:
Did my PMP last yr during NYSC only to be told at the end of the programme that PMP was a prerequisite for PMI and that PMI could only be certified outside Nigeria. So this is certainly good news for some of us That may want to get the Certificate for PMI.

So that you don't confuse those who are new to this, what you did was a PMP training... not "PMP". What is regarded as "PMP" is the certification offered by PMI. Until you've done that, you can't say you've done a "PMP".

Furthermore, PMP exams used to be run in Nigeria... Did mine in 2008.
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by ssonn: 9:40am On Mar 11, 2017
Statsocial:
Covenant University and an international capacity development and consulting firm, Canada Executive Management and Professional Centre (CEMP), have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on a partnership that will see the University running Professional Management Courses and its students enjoying research grants from international agencies.

Speaking at the MoU signing ceremony on Thursday, February 2, 2017 at the University campus in Ota, Ogun State, the Vice-President, International Engagement, CEMP, Dr. Yomi Oyekoya, said that, the formal agreement between his organization and Covenant University entails the University starting Project Management courses in partnership with the Project Management Institute (PMI) in the United States.

The PMI, he explained, gives out a Registered Education Provider (REP) license to institutions to run Project Management courses and Covenant University would be granted a similar license very soon.

No other organization, according to Dr. Oyekoya, runs Project Management Courses like the PMI. “In Nigeria, many people travel abroad to take the courses. Some universities in Nigeria currently have Project Management Courses but the certificate is not recognized abroad. However, PMI’s certificate is recognized all over the world,” he said.

Running the Project Management Courses in Covenant University, he enthused, will draw many people, especially top executives, to the University. “No institution in Nigeria has the PMI Registered Education Provider license. Covenant University will be the first in Nigeria and third in Africa to have the license,” he added.

Expressing his happiness that Covenant University was joining the league of top universities in the world to start Project Management Certification, the CEMP representative noted that project management fits into every discipline and it’s for everybody.

Dr. Oyekoya further stated that aside the plan for Covenant University to run Project Management Courses, CEMP had in a bid to help the University achieve its goals under the Research, Citation, Innovation and Teaching (ReCiTe) Agenda, discovered the availability of a grant in the region of $5 billion, from which students of African universities, including Covenant University can benefit.

Following the brief MoU signing ceremony, which was supervised by members of the Covenant University legal team, the Vice-Chancellor, Professor AAA. Atayero, in his remarks, expressed optimism that with the University being the third in Africa to get the PMI Registered Education Provider license, it will take the institution to a new height.

“This keys into the University’s Vision of being one of the top 10 universities in the world in another five years; I pray it quickens the speed of its delivery,” said the Vice-Chancellor.

Dr. Oyekoya was accompanied to the event by CEMP’s Brand Communication Director, Dr. Kunle Hamilton; Head, International Business Research, Dr. Babajimi Hammond; Legal Adviser, Ms. Bunmi Ogunye; and Creative Manager, Mr. Owodunni Otunuga.

Other Covenant University representatives were the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Professor Shalom Chinedu; Registrar, Mrs. Mary Aboyade; Director, Financial Services, Pastor Bayo Oladehinbo; Dean, College of Business and Social Sciences, Professor Francis Iyoha; including Directors and Heads of Departments.
Lalasticlala
http://m.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/News/CU-CEMP-Sign-MoU-on-Project-Management-Courses#.WL1VLG_TVEI
but FUTMINNA offer project management course na.
they have project management technology,
abii its different from PMI me I don't know much about PMI oo
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by JamieRocks(m): 9:58am On Mar 11, 2017
Blurryface:
More money for the yahozee daddy GO. 'Oledepo' smiling to the bank and the sheeple keep suffering and fasting.
what your tongue dude
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 11, 2017
shoyemiayodeji:

Yabatech? Send me your application number? What did you pay for?
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Manonamission: 10:00am On Mar 11, 2017
casiello:

Oga dont be decieved. You dont need 4 years to undergo pmi's courses. Just 4 weekends (sat & sun) is sufficient. Dont believe the hype. I'm a certified pmp holder and I know the process. As a matter of fact, going through pmi courses is just a pre-requisite, its not the real deal in becoming a pmp.

Your posts might be misleading. I am not aware of any "PMI REP" in Nigeria. What we have are institutions that provide the requisite project management education hours needed to be a PMP. They are NOT PMI REPs.
PMI REPs provide education that are recognized and approved by the PMI for maintaining your PMP certification.
No Nigerian institution offers education either online or classroom taught that you can use for Professional Development Units.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by bart10: 10:02am On Mar 11, 2017
Statsocial:

You didn't do PMP....what you did is local PMP grin

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 11, 2017
Statsocial:
Covenant University and an international capacity development and consulting firm, Canada Executive Management and Professional Centre (CEMP), have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on a partnership that will see the University running Professional Management Courses and its students enjoying research grants from international agencies.

Speaking at the MoU signing ceremony on Thursday, February 2, 2017 at the University campus in Ota, Ogun State, the Vice-President, International Engagement, CEMP, Dr. Yomi Oyekoya, said that, the formal agreement between his organization and Covenant University entails the University starting Project Management courses in partnership with the Project Management Institute (PMI) in the United States.

The PMI, he explained, gives out a Registered Education Provider (REP) license to institutions to run Project Management courses and Covenant University would be granted a similar license very soon.

No other organization, according to Dr. Oyekoya, runs Project Management Courses like the PMI. “In Nigeria, many people travel abroad to take the courses. Some universities in Nigeria currently have Project Management Courses but the certificate is not recognized abroad. However, PMI’s certificate is recognized all over the world,” he said.

Running the Project Management Courses in Covenant University, he enthused, will draw many people, especially top executives, to the University. “No institution in Nigeria has the PMI Registered Education Provider license. Covenant University will be the first in Nigeria and third in Africa to have the license,” he added.

Expressing his happiness that Covenant University was joining the league of top universities in the world to start Project Management Certification, the CEMP representative noted that project management fits into every discipline and it’s for everybody.

Dr. Oyekoya further stated that aside the plan for Covenant University to run Project Management Courses, CEMP had in a bid to help the University achieve its goals under the Research, Citation, Innovation and Teaching (ReCiTe) Agenda, discovered the availability of a grant in the region of $5 billion, from which students of African universities, including Covenant University can benefit.

Following the brief MoU signing ceremony, which was supervised by members of the Covenant University legal team, the Vice-Chancellor, Professor AAA. Atayero, in his remarks, expressed optimism that with the University being the third in Africa to get the PMI Registered Education Provider license, it will take the institution to a new height.

“This keys into the University’s Vision of being one of the top 10 universities in the world in another five years; I pray it quickens the speed of its delivery,” said the Vice-Chancellor.

Dr. Oyekoya was accompanied to the event by CEMP’s Brand Communication Director, Dr. Kunle Hamilton; Head, International Business Research, Dr. Babajimi Hammond; Legal Adviser, Ms. Bunmi Ogunye; and Creative Manager, Mr. Owodunni Otunuga.

Other Covenant University representatives were the Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Professor Shalom Chinedu; Registrar, Mrs. Mary Aboyade; Director, Financial Services, Pastor Bayo Oladehinbo; Dean, College of Business and Social Sciences, Professor Francis Iyoha; including Directors and Heads of Departments.
Lalasticlala
http://m.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/News/CU-CEMP-Sign-MoU-on-Project-Management-Courses#.WL1VLG_TVEI
for all does idiots still thinking their over grounded federal university Is better than CU, am a product of federal university but trust me CU is better than all the federal university In Nigeria combine

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 11, 2017
hakeem4:
leave them, let them be deceiving themselves there

Quality Education is expensive. They don't see anything wrong going to a Government University in Ghana, Benin or South Africa to study and pay over 400k. But when a private university charges high, they cry fowl.

Nigerians are the hardest people to please.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Nobody: 10:14am On Mar 11, 2017
casiello:
We have dozens of PMI REP centres scattered accross lagos, abuja and port harcourt so I dont understand how this is an achievement. Nobody travels abroad for pmi courses, thats a lie for sure. As a matter of fact, those abroad rely more on video podcasts that classroom tutoring.

The real achivement would have been getting pmi or prometrics cbt centre accreditation.

For non-project managers on this thread, dont get excited thinking its an achievement. pmi training cost about 60 to 80k and its readily available locally and online. I repeat, no one, absolute no one ever considers going abroad for such!! Na wa for Nigerian institutions
Its an achievement to be University that among all Nigerian Universities,they the first to get the License. .......please how long does it take to get PMI,i want to get it before i graduate.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by casiello(m): 10:23am On Mar 11, 2017
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by casiello(m): 10:28am On Mar 11, 2017
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Nobody: 10:32am On Mar 11, 2017
casiello:

You can't get PMI but rather PMP. PMI is the PMP certification awarding body. One of the requirement is having 3 years project management work experience. Although, PMI offers other courses such as CAPM etc.
Better still, visit pmi's website to obtain confirmed information on its certification requirements
Thank you very much
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Greycious(m): 10:45am On Mar 11, 2017
clancymiim:
FUTO offers project management technology
FUTminna, FUTA offers project mgt tech too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Federal University Of Agriculture Makurdi Admission Info And Post Utme / Sure-Bet School Spotted In Ekiti State That Got People Talking / UNN Best Graduating Students To Share N1.5k, N1k Cash Prizes - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.