Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,103 members, 7,835,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI (39930 Views)

UNICAF University Becomes A Member Of Sarua / Technical University Ibadan: Oyo State-Owned Varsity To Begin Operation January / Fayose Orders Ekiti Varsity To Sack 400 Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by toprealman: 11:15am On Mar 11, 2017
BrutalJab:
Yet some set of Nigerians expect them to reduce their tuition fee to 20k.

Sickness
You pay for the course separately.
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Bamz(m): 11:32am On Mar 11, 2017
casiello:
We have dozens of PMI REP centres scattered accross lagos, abuja and port harcourt so I dont understand how this is an achievement. Nobody travels abroad for pmi courses, thats a lie for sure. As a matter of fact, those abroad rely more on video podcasts that classroom tutoring.

The real achivement would have been getting pmi or prometrics cbt centre accreditation.

For non-project managers on this thread, dont get excited thinking its an achievement. pmi training cost about 60 to 80k and its readily available locally and online. I repeat, no one, absolute no one ever considers going abroad for such!! Na wa for Nigerian institutions

I will always advice self study for PMP anyway... In Nigeria, we need CBT centers...as PMI reps are already prevalent.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Manonamission: 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2017
casiello:

Please dont mislead people oo.. What are you even saying, you have to be a PMI REP to provide 35 contact hours. Dipo's institute at ebutte metta, Ciel consulting etc are PMI REPs. Your education is also recognized by PMI if you complete online courses such as Cornelius fitchner, pmstudy, Rita etc.
I dont even know where you got the idea of PDU bacause it is not mentioned in the original post.

Bro, I have been a PMP since 2009. Open your mind to learn and you will learn what you know not. CU has always taught Project management as a course but was never a PMI REP. Those of us that read the news know the message being past across.

I hope you are aware you have to renew your PMP every 3-year cycle? You will know what PDUs, CCRs etc are.

Here's a link to help you.

https://www.pmi.org/learning/training-development/reps

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by leye4u: 2:21pm On Mar 11, 2017
Blurryface:
More money for the yahozee daddy GO. 'Oledepo' smiling to the bank and the sheeple keep suffering and fasting.
where is a your own university.. you don use everything drink beer.
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by casiello(m): 2:25pm On Mar 11, 2017
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by casiello(m): 2:33pm On Mar 11, 2017

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by soath(m): 4:23pm On Mar 11, 2017
God bless CU

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by davidque007(m): 5:05pm On Mar 11, 2017
CU haters won't like this post. All they want to hear is how high the fees are and to hear people Insult the chancellor, meanwhile CU keeps growing and breaking new grounds. I wish them the best. May they continually make Nigeria proudy

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 11, 2017
Jayroland:

Definitely not true. I did my PMP last year and I am PMI certified. You should log onto pmi.org and read more about PMP certifications by PMI. There are a lot of organizations in Nigeria offering pmp course (which is the 35 hour course work u need) that will qualify u to write the pmp by PMI. I did that and wrote the exam in Lagos. so do ur research properly. Thanks
I did that too but its not recognised outside the country..
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Lush100(m): 6:41pm On Mar 11, 2017
shoyemiayodeji:

he paid through the remita website using a master card....... systemspecs?

systemspecs are the owners of remita.
remita is the name of the product(trademark).
systemspecs is the name of the company
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by TheVictorious(m): 6:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
Statsocial:

Very soon. Am sure it would kick off this year.
Okay, thanks!
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by TheVictorious(m): 7:16pm On Mar 11, 2017
Greycious:

FUTminna, FUTA offers project mgt tech too

with NUC but without PMI license.
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by semasir: 8:58pm On Mar 12, 2017
So does LASU too but called Management Technology there.

clancymiim:
FUTO offers project management technology
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Jayroland: 10:52am On Mar 13, 2017
Statsocial:

I did that too but its not recognised outside the country..
What exactly is not recognized outside the country? the Certificate that u get from PMI after writing an exam that costs about $250. in which you'll sit in an exam hall for about 4 hrs answering 200 questions? Please do your research well. The PMP exam from PMI is globally recognized.
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by gritzky: 10:53am On Mar 13, 2017
Nestle Nig. Plc 2017 Cbt Contest for Students.

Registration is ongoing for the Nestle 2017 cbt contest, for secondary and tertiary students above the age of 16.
The scholarship is aimed at rewarding successful candidates with cash worth of 80,000 to 200,000.
This is the maiden edition and Nestle Nig. Plc is ready to reward hardworking and dedicated students.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Applicants must be Nigerians, between the age of 16-28
2. First stage: applicants are to write a short essay on the topic 'Do you agree that educated people are more valuable than people who have learned skills through experience in modern society.
3. Applicants are to send their essay to nestlecbt@gmail.com stating their names,mobile number, age,address and preferred state to write CBT examination if selected.
4. Upon submission, a confirmatory will be sent to applicant.
5. On 3rd of April, successful
applicants will be notified and sent their centres for CBT examination in their preferred state.
6. Only eligible applicants that have received their centres, will be requested to pay a sum of #1000 naira and bring teller to center on day of examination (note only those with teller will be allowed to take the exam)
7. Applicants will be tested on use of English, further maths and logic ranging 100 questions
8. Candidates that score above 80 will be rewarded with #200,000 naira and those that score 60-79 will be rewarded with #80,000 NOTE
1. Deadline for submission of essay is April 1st
2. April 3rd applicants eligible to take test will be notified.
3. Centres for CBT exam will be available across the 36 states of the nation.
4. Date of CBT exam is April 19th-21st
Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by Manonamission: 8:00pm On Mar 13, 2017
casiello:

Now you are derailing after misleading people. Being a PMI REP shouldnt be seen as a achevement for a university, simple!

I dont know why you are mentioning PDU. Is PDU mentioned in the original post? You are made a mistake, rather than ignore the thread or admit your mistake you talking about PDUs. PDU is for certified PMPs and the original post addresed non-certified pmp. So that i deliberately excluded its mention doesnt make me narrow-minded or know nothing about it.

How is it not an achievement to be the ONLY PMI REP in Nigeria? It is a first so why can't it be celebrated? Prometric centres where one could take the CBT exam existed in the past (but not anymore). I will now take your advice and ignore the thread seeing you refuse to understand and accept that local PMI REPs are needed by not only aspiring PMPs but certified ones too.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Becomes 1st Nigerian Varsity to be Granted License For PMI by casiello(m): 10:34pm On Mar 13, 2017

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unilag Part Time / Federal University Of Agriculture Makurdi Admission Info And Post Utme / Benue State University Bans Thick Beard (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.