Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,326 members, 7,867,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 06:56 AM

Starcoms Internet Service Not Reliable In The South South And South East - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Starcoms Internet Service Not Reliable In The South South And South East (637 Views)

Yahclick Internet Service / Best (vsat) Internet Service Provider In Nigeria / Best Home Internet Service In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starcoms Internet Service Not Reliable In The South South And South East by supereagle(m): 11:32am On Dec 15, 2009
I have been on Starcomms internet service for some time now,but of recent,since June,the service is noting to write about, every month I pay #5000 for the monthly service,but I can not check my mails or open heavy sites. If I must check it ,I have to get up very early in the morning.
I was in Portharcourt last Friday for a seminar,we did not get signal to enjoy our seminar.
A friend of mine phoned last night and told me a similar story in Asaba .This shows that the backbone service to this area is having problem which they have not fixed.
In the state where I live, many people are now abandoning them for alternatives,this a lot of loss of revenue for this network. I have equally bought a modem of a network that is serving people where I reside, but I am yet to connect . If the service remains poor, then i will migrate. Thank God there is no monopoly of service in Telicomm. again. I wish the same thing can happen to PHCN or NEPA.
May be the consumer should start suing all these service providers to court,but who will bell the cart?
Re: Starcoms Internet Service Not Reliable In The South South And South East by Digriz(m): 11:22pm On Dec 15, 2009
my own case is the worst coz i just purchased their modem 2days ago and all that they told me is now a lie coz the 125kb/s the said i should be geting is notin bt a 3kb/s. the worst is that yheir modem is like its nt compatible wt vista or what? i noticed that my system turns to blue color after about 10mins of connecting my modem and it will shut down immediately after displaying sometime about trying to crash,wat might be the problem cause i wnt to know wheda i will report to starcomm or smtin i can solve myself.
pls does anyone know the solution or the likely cause?
Re: Starcoms Internet Service Not Reliable In The South South And South East by CarlosVent(m): 11:55pm On Dec 15, 2009
Starcomms the best in Anambra state
very fast and good
Re: Starcoms Internet Service Not Reliable In The South South And South East by chidyke77(m): 7:32am On Dec 16, 2009
so i shuld buy a starcomm?
Re: Starcoms Internet Service Not Reliable In The South South And South East by supereagle(m): 2:44pm On Dec 17, 2009
Service not reliable in Imo State,

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Subscribers Fanpage & Group On Facebook? / Please Help More Than 230 Virus Detected On My Computer. / Fellow Nairalanders I Need Help, How Can I Restore A Formatted Hard Disk Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.