Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) (36687 Views)

Woman Stabs Male Neighbour To Death In Lagos For Playfully Touching Her / Woman Stabs Her Husband To Death In Anambra (Photos) / Housewife Who Stabbed Husband To Death Over 'baba Ijebu' Bags 7 Years Jail Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by dre11(m): 3:13pm On Mar 06, 2017
A 29-year - old housewife , Onyinyechi Akunne, who allegedly killed her 35- year -old husband, Abuchi Akunne, with a kitchen knife over a lottery ticket of Premier Lotto Ltd also known as “Baba Ijebu”, was on Monday brought before an Ikeja High Court.

Onyinyechi is facing a charge of murder which contravenes Section 221 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State 2011.

She, however, denied the charge.

The State Prosecutor , Mrs C . K Tuiyi - Carena , told the court that the accused allegedly committed the offence on March 28, 2015, at her residence located at No . 85, Idimu Road, Ejigbo , a suburb of Lagos.

She said , “ On the day of the alleged murder, Onyinyechi was preparing a meal while Abuchi was sitting on a chair in their home looking at his ‘ Baba Ijebu’ lottery tickets.

“ Angered by her husband ’ s action, Onyinyechi scolded him for his love for gambling and a fight ensued between them.

“ She took the kitchen knife she was using to cut vegetables and stabbed her husband fatally in the chest.

“ The stabbing inflicted a deep cut in Abuchi’ s chest which led to excessive blood loss and his eventual death.

“ The victim died before he could be taken to hospital by Onyinyechi and concerned neighbours. ”

The accused was pregnant when the offence was committed.

She, however , gave birth to a baby girl while in custody at the Kirikiri Female Prisons.
Onyinyechi was in court on Monday with the baby.

Counsel to the accused, Mr Q . U . Ogudu, told the court that the accused had opted for a plea bargain.

He said , “ My Lord , we have applied for a plea bargain agreement which the state is not objecting to.”

The prosecutor also confirmed to the court that the parties were working towards the plea bargain.

Justice Josephine Oyefeso adjourned the case to April 6 for a report on the plea bargain agreement.
( NAN)

http://punchng.com/woman-stabs-husband-to-death-over-baba-ijebu/

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Mar 06, 2017
Devils handwork

5 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 06, 2017
Government should clamp down on this MMM wahala..enough of all this nonsense

if you want to beat me come to my house and beat me

5 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by Jabioro: 3:33pm On Mar 06, 2017
Satan finally gained entry into their abode...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by blackylola(m): 3:36pm On Mar 06, 2017
I feel like crying for her, RIP 2 the husband. God will see her through because it wasn't intentionally

19 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by saintikechi(m): 3:38pm On Mar 06, 2017
see what this buhari economy has caused!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by Lovegisty: 4:44pm On Mar 06, 2017
Jesu

FORGIVE HER, IT'S NOT HER, IS THE DEVIL. THE DEVIL THAT DIDN'T LET HER STAB HERSELF. OLORIBURUKU SOMEBODY. RIP TO THE DEAD ONE SHA. DON'T JUST DIE. LET YOUR GHOST KILL THE WOMAN TOO undecided cry

ANOTHER WOMAN JUST ESCAPE FROM ASHAWO ZOO.

LOOK AT HER >>> http://www.usa-mmm.tk/p/ha-see-how-this-lady-stepped-out-in.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by Emeskhalifa(m): 4:44pm On Mar 06, 2017
shocked wch kind anger go push preg. woman go do that kind thin na??
now she go come born inside prison
shey we go name d pikin 2pac incase dem born am for prison

1 Like

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by dessz(m): 4:45pm On Mar 06, 2017
but if the man won 50million the woman for dey do testimony what a woman with a foul temper. chai RIP

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Mar 06, 2017
shocked
Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by Kolababe: 4:46pm On Mar 06, 2017
hmm
Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by ALAYORMII: 4:46pm On Mar 06, 2017
Baba Ijebu
Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by BankManager(m): 4:46pm On Mar 06, 2017
Football betting/gambling can easily lead people to penury and frustration..
**Ge Guided Guys**

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 06, 2017
WOMEN and WICKEDNESS are synonymous.

Avoid a pregnant woman......
Avoid a woman on monthly period......
Avoid a perimenopausal woman........
Avoid a woman dat believes in her pastor more than GOD.

If u doubt, just get closer to a pregnant Bitch or Cobra...
Then call later

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by shamecurls(m): 4:47pm On Mar 06, 2017
Nice one!
Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by weyab: 4:47pm On Mar 06, 2017
carmag:
Government should clamp down on this MMM wahala..enough of all this nonsense

if you want to beat me come to my house and beat me
lik u re not spiritually ok. Or mmm dey pursue u for dream.

Well im waiting for more advance games to play jor...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by Charly68: 4:47pm On Mar 06, 2017
Any man that marries a temperamental woman has signed his death warrant .

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by ednut1(m): 4:47pm On Mar 06, 2017
i tot they said he who finds a wife finds a good thing angry

4 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by tolustx(m): 4:47pm On Mar 06, 2017
E be like say the topic of MMM no sell again, so we are gradually shifting to Baba Ijebu...

Kontinu

5 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by yungengr(m): 4:47pm On Mar 06, 2017
shocked shocked shocked Rip to the dead
Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by dragonking2: 4:47pm On Mar 06, 2017
Buhari is the worst president ever in the history of Nigeria.

A president that derived joy seeing the citizens suffering angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by collitexnaira(m): 4:48pm On Mar 06, 2017
Hot temper is the devils workshop

The judge should tender justice with mercy, she was actually trying to correct her husby who has been carried away by lotory, we all can see it wasn't pre-planned

1 Like

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 06, 2017
Its all about the money
Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by maxiuc(m): 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2017
Have you blamed the devil today

3 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by sassieconte: 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2017
Her face be like "I'll still kill that baskad if I catch him playing lotto in d next life". Choi, but wetin dis baba ijebu don do some people shaaa, suppose that man win 100milli now, he wud have been the best hubby in d world...and she wud be like "honey do u want to do me in d market"?

3 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by ALAYORMII: 4:50pm On Mar 06, 2017
blackylola:
I feel like crying for her, RIP 2 the husband. God will see her through because it wasn't intentionally

It was not intentional??
Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by omofunaab(m): 4:51pm On Mar 06, 2017
Na wa oooo
Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by osule1: 4:51pm On Mar 06, 2017
which kind yawa be this eh angry angry angry
Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by SweetJoystick(m): 4:51pm On Mar 06, 2017
When the child grows up, She go tell am say name me use knife kill your papa?

3 Likes

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 06, 2017
blackylola:

Bullshyt. What if the man were related to you?

1 Like

Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by Cutie09(m): 4:51pm On Mar 06, 2017
blackylola:

Sad news it's awful rip man woman God will comfort you it's a sad sad situation for everyone involved
Re: Woman Stabs Husband To Death Over ‘baba Ijebu’ Lottery (photo) by utajo: 4:52pm On Mar 06, 2017
EVILFOREST:
WOMEN and WICKEDNESS are synonymous.

Avoid a pregnant woman......
Avoid a woman on monthly period......
Avoid a perimenopausal woman........
Avoid a woman dat believes in her pastor more than GOD.

If u doubt, just get closer to a pregnant Bitch or Cobra...
Then call later

Avoid women Lasan and you'll be fine

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Five Nigerians Held For Robbery In UAE / #EndPoliceBrutality: Falz Leads EndSARS Protest In Lekki / Nigerian Strangled To Death By South African Policemen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.