Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,132 members, 7,821,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians (50140 Views)

U.S TRIP:ABUJA-DUBAI-WASHINGTON D.C:21 Hours Stopover In Dubai with Video / Apapa Gridlock: FG Must Postpone The Closure Of Third Mainland Bridge – LASG / "Ignore Call To Postpone US Trip" - Foreign Minister Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by Tjohnnay: 4:28pm On Mar 06, 2017
Useless govt

Thunder fire una der
Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by UltimatedeBest(m): 4:29pm On Mar 06, 2017
nwanna89:
Senior Special Assistant has a media aide too? Kai. Naija!

Why is Abike undertaking d work of ministry of foreign affairs? Her post is a waste of taxpayers money which is unnecessary. And she also has media aide who is also feeding from taxpayers money for issuing dat useless piece of crap. Is she d one to tell us when and when not to travel to US? SSA on diaspora my Ass.

3 Likes

Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by erico2k2(m): 4:31pm On Mar 06, 2017
recievesense:
There is no travel warning on south Africa but you are quick to talk about America wey safe.
Your head dey there wella

2 Likes

Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by Kiakia(m): 4:31pm On Mar 06, 2017
Factfinder1:
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, has advised Nigerians who have no compelling or urgent reason to travel to the US to postpone their travel plans until the new administration’s policy on immigration is clear.

A statement in Abuja by Dabiri-Erewa’s media aide, Abdurrahman Balogun, said that the warning became imperative due to series of reports received by the office of the SSA.

In the last few weeks, the office has received a few cases of Nigerians with valid multiple-entry US visas being denied entry and sent back to the Nigeria. In such cases reported to the office, such affected persons were sent back immediately on the next available flight and their visas were cancelled,” she said. Dabiri -Erewa said that “no reasons were given for the decision by the US immigration authorities.” The Presidential aide said that the statement “is only to advise Nigerians without any compelling or essential reasons to visit the US to consider rescheduling their trip until there is clarity on the new immigration policy.”
She, however, reminded Nigerians in the Diaspora to abide by the rules and regulations of their host countries and be good ambassadors of the country.

http://ogashub.com.ng/postpone-u-s-trip-for-now-presidency-urges-nigerians/
SSA to the President have a media aide, and no doubt, countless other aides!

1 Like

Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2017
Trump and his unstable policies.
Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by Kiakia(m): 4:37pm On Mar 06, 2017
izzou:

The cost of running this country is very high. The problem of this country is not really about what party rules, but the fact that we spend so much maintaining irrelevant positions.

Why should an SSA to the President have a media aide? This government reduced the number of federal ministries in order to reduce the cost of governance. With this revelation, that decision is no longer worthwhile as it is evident that other Senior Special Assistants and 'Junior Special Assistants' or whatever also have a coterie of aides attending to them.
Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by AreaFada2: 4:38pm On Mar 06, 2017
menzo4u:
I don't understand what has become of this country that we so much waste money on frivolity, just imagine this statement :

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign
Affairs and Diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa --- Now, the media aide to the Senior special assistant to president Buhari on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora. I am sure that there is Special Adviser to the president on foreign affairs and disapora, that one too will have his media aid.

Even the media aid will have special adviser. And these people are still paid from the coffers of government. All ministers too have special advisers on various "nonsense".

I am waiting to see the spokesperson of the spokesperson of the senior special adviser's media aid of madness affairs to the president. RUBBISH!

You never see anything. That media aide to Abike will have his own retinue of aides/assistants too. His buddies have to get presidency job too na.cheesy grin

A friend relocated to 9ja when his buddy became SSA to OBJ then.

Why do you think we spend over 70% of FG budget on recurrent expenditure?

Which country has ever progressed with a lame system like ours? shocked

Some defenders of rubbish will soon tell us that Abike pays her media aide from her own allowance. shocked

Ordinarily I respect Abike. But her aide didn't tell us the steps they have taken to reduce harassment of Nigerians at US ports of entry.

Have they written to US embassy or US State department to complain?

2 Likes

Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by enuelsmith: 4:39pm On Mar 06, 2017
That some passengers are been deported upon their arrivals in the US port of entry should not be used to discourages other intending and genuine travelers to the United States, it has been happening before now,even during Obama's administration,and its normal,a Senator of the federal republic of Nigeria was once deported during Obama's administration,when the immigration officials couldn't justifies the purposes of his entry,and its repartration was done regardless of is status . I have personally witnessed several people In JFK, heathrow airport, OR Tambo etc been deported upon their arrivals. The fact remains, you should be able to prove to the immigration officials your purpose of entry into the country,if they are not adequately convinced that you have genuine reasons for gaining entrance into the country,you risk been deported. It happens everywhere,i wouldnt know of Nigeria.To me possession of Visa is an entry documents,for your onward travel to your chosen country,and to report to the immigration officials at the port of entry,your final entrance is determined by the officers on duty.

1 Like

Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by Zico5(m): 4:40pm On Mar 06, 2017
DIKEnaWAR:
These people are mad o.

There is a Ministry of foreign affairs, but Abike has decided to usurp their role and issue stupid statements.

SSA with her own SSA. Buhari and his government are as confused as the dog Oge Okoye stole on Instagram. They don't know who or to where they belong.
As confused as GEJ u want to say.
Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by ikp120(m): 4:41pm On Mar 06, 2017
Who goes to US these days except for some very serious stuffs? Trump don harm US' international relations very well. Imagine detaining Mohammed Ali Jr. for hours asking him if he be Muslim. cry. US is neither a Christian nation nor an Islamic nation, but a secular nation.

If anyone invites me to US now, I go ask the person to come to naija because naija sure pass US now o. Racism and xenophobia are at their peaks in US right now, under this Trump's administration.

I'm glad that this is official.

3 Likes

Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by signz: 4:41pm On Mar 06, 2017
Please why is this information coming from the Office Of the SSA?

Do we not have a Minister of Foreign Affairs who I believe is in a better position to release such an Info.

Is someone fighting for relevance here?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by menzo4u: 4:46pm On Mar 06, 2017
iswallker:

so senior special assistant should run the office of ssa alone. be the driver, the receptionist, the secretary etc. common people, an office will always be staffed.

and stop derailing thread... undecided
What is this one saying? I am sure you are one of the favoured appointees of such office. So you mean all these useless offices cannot be combined one way or the other to reduce administrative cost.

And mind you, I am not derailing thread, but just talking about where I feel concerned.

1 Like

Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 06, 2017
I am not understanding
Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by thugthang(m): 4:57pm On Mar 06, 2017
AbujaBoss:

So you didn't read that even the BMCs have media aides?
What BMCs mean please?
Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by Cutie09(m): 4:58pm On Mar 06, 2017
menzo4u:
I don't understand what has become of this country that we so much waste money on frivolity, just imagine this statement :

Affairs and Diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa --- Now, the media aide to the Senior special assistant to president Buhari on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora. I am sure that there is Special Adviser to the president on foreign affairs and disapora, that one too will have his media aid.

Even the media aid will have special adviser. And these people are still paid from the coffers of government. All ministers too have special advisers on various "nonsense".

I am waiting to see the spokesperson of the spokesperson of the senior special adviser's media aid of madness affairs to the president. RUBBISH!

Lol it's manic buhari is messiah look at the state of corruption irrelevant position duplicating position wasting money but hmmmm it is well

1 Like

Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by otosa(m): 5:02pm On Mar 06, 2017
nwanna89:
Abi. And media aid will also has Personal Assistance and sect.
Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by frisky2good(m): 5:03pm On Mar 06, 2017
Even her media aide will also have aides grin

nwanna89:
Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by wink2015(m): 5:11pm On Mar 06, 2017
Factfinder1:
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on Foreign Affairs and Diaspora, Abike Dabiri-Erewa, has advised Nigerians who have no compelling or urgent reason to travel to the US to postpone their travel plans until the new administration’s policy on immigration is clear.

A statement in Abuja by Dabiri-Erewa’s media aide, Abdurrahman Balogun, said that the warning became imperative due to series of reports received by the office of the SSA.

In the last few weeks, the office has received a few cases of Nigerians with valid multiple-entry US visas being denied entry and sent back to the Nigeria. In such cases reported to the office, such affected persons were sent back immediately on the next available flight and their visas were cancelled,” she said. Dabiri -Erewa said that “no reasons were given for the decision by the US immigration authorities.” The Presidential aide said that the statement “is only to advise Nigerians without any compelling or essential reasons to visit the US to consider rescheduling their trip until there is clarity on the new immigration policy.”
She, however, reminded Nigerians in the Diaspora to abide by the rules and regulations of their host countries and be good ambassadors of the country.

My dear Abike,

Perhaps you might need this big size Cucumber to step down and cool off the pressure. At least for giving us cucumber stories during this cucumber times.

1 Like

Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by Edipee(m): 5:20pm On Mar 06, 2017
nwanna89:
And the media Aide definitely must have a personal assistant.

1 Like

Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by skedman(m): 5:26pm On Mar 06, 2017
izzou:

The cost of running this country is very high. The problem of this country is not really about what party rules, but the fact that we spend so much maintaining irrelevant positions.

hello,to be frank with you she is really performing, even more than the foreign minister
Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by Maski87: 5:29pm On Mar 06, 2017
Fake news
Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by skedman(m): 5:34pm On Mar 06, 2017
wink2015:

My dear Abike,

Perhaps you might need this big size Cucumber to step down and cool off the pressure. At least for giving us cucumber stories during this cucumber times.
how old are u ? I guess you should still be fighting with jamb exam. An important message is being passed accross ,recently they deported those with american visas and you are there showing us cucumber.

1 Like

Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by seguno2: 5:37pm On Mar 06, 2017
nwanna89:

That is how Buhari is fighting corruption.
Lol.

1 Like

Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by brojoshua: 5:49pm On Mar 06, 2017
Many lessons to learn and many things can be say because of this, and one thing I will say here, let us make our own country too good where people of other nations will be queuing to come and whereby we can also be respected by other nations. Not where we pick up evil names like international looters, drugs peddlers, scammers, kidnappers, ritualists, false pastors, etc. But let us do well and get good name and not where we ranked one of the highest in corruption ranking in the world. After all each of us still consider carefully who we make our friends and who will invite to our houses. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by enigmaticlion: 5:51pm On Mar 06, 2017
God bless you. Me stay for this Zoo? Tufiakwa. angry
ALAYORMII:
I had rather go and face whatever is there than be in this

1 Like

Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 06, 2017
So we should remain here and face the recession? No way!!! I'm leaving!!! After all the president left too!!!

1 Like

Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by desy24444(m): 6:17pm On Mar 06, 2017
Factfinder1:

nonsense...u people could not do anything about xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa and u are talking about USA....u beta shut up

1 Like

Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by emi14: 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2017
menzo4u:

Hahahahahahahaha...reading and laughing
Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by Alhaji1970: 6:29pm On Mar 06, 2017
carmag:
.lf we have portable water supply, good roads and most importantly steady power supply Nigerians won't be moving out in droves

Potable
Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by emi14: 6:29pm On Mar 06, 2017
menzo4u:
What is this one saying? I am sure you are one of the favoured appointees of such office. So you mean all these useless offices cannot be combined one way or the other to reduce administrative cost.

And mind you, I am not derailing thread, but just talking about where I feel concerned.

If they reduce this alarming cost still they won't give you. Let's stop stressing. Nigeria doesn't have any system.
Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by Splashme: 6:30pm On Mar 06, 2017
nwanna89:

My brother . . . . . .and there is a Ministry of Foreign Affairs oo

1 Like

Re: Postpone U.s Trip For Now Presidency Urges Nigerians by nkpommpko(m): 6:51pm On Mar 06, 2017
Very good, where are they going to. Spend that dollars here, let's use it for better things.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Some Pictures Of Abakaliki At Night / Fire Outbreak In Onitsha As Truck Crashes Toronto Hospital Fence (Photos, Video) / Aba Is Changing Rapidly! (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.