Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race (15385 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode & Osita Chidoka In Court For Nnamdi Kanu's Trial In Igbo Attire / Nnamdi Kanu Leaves Kuje Prison As Osita Chidoka Drives Him (Photos) / "Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions Will Be Met" - Osita Chidoka, Ex Aviation Ministe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 07, 2017
Advanced PDP or Boko Haram PDP shocked

3 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Nukualofa: 9:16am On Mar 07, 2017
momentarylapse:

When are you visiting kuje? I heard your fellow confused jewish otondo has run out of beans! Won't you support him?

i will give him bean while buhari is in hospital dying of cancer. Buhari will come back without penis because cancer has wiped it out grin

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Jones4190(m): 9:16am On Mar 07, 2017
Any thing with the name PDP on it, been it advance pdp, concotion pdp, pure water pdp etc most have sherif as the chairman.

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Stylz69(m): 9:17am On Mar 07, 2017
DelGardo:
The same Chidoka that collected millions for new drivers license and left FRSC without providing the cards, neither did he bequeath the agency with capacity to produce cards.

Same guy that did nothing in aviation ministry, which uncle hero, as usual, rewarded with for failing.

The dude is a fraud. Hope he fails, after wasting all his money in the process.
I totally agree with you. Big fraudster!! Tell me the rationale behind changing the previous numbering for vehicles by just reshuffling the codes. He did this to make money for his cronies.

3 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Eledan: 9:52am On Mar 07, 2017
krendo:

Una don start again to make up corruption stories, the type of silliness that produced Buhari

Why not sell your candidates positively and let others sell theirs?

In politics, part of selling your own candidate include discrediting other candidates and highlighting their bad sides.
Learn how to play the game! Don't hate the players.

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Eledan: 9:53am On Mar 07, 2017
Piiko:
Advanced PDP or Boko Haram PDP shocked

This got me laughing grin

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Hernandez88(m): 10:43am On Mar 07, 2017
Who told yu dat?
Is lyk yu hav quickly forgotten what happen in Ondo during the Governorship Election.
Eyitayo Jegede & Jimoh Ibrahim

IBpaul:

In as much as PDP has factions, it gets not to State levels, only case is if dy fly wrong masses choice
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Nobody: 11:06am On Mar 07, 2017
Interesting! From FRSC commander to Minister to contesting for governor.

He's always served as a public servant. I wonder if his finances were put under the microscope, what we'll find.

Nobody will ask questions, because we have been taught that to ask questions is to be rude, insubordinate, too forward, blah blah blah

2 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by giles14(m): 11:09am On Mar 07, 2017
chidoka 2017.

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by ezemme(m): 11:11am On Mar 07, 2017
November election in Anambra state is gonna be a battlefield as usual.. but I think Chief Willy should complete his tenure and whatever mandate he has..

2 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Yyeske(m): 11:12am On Mar 07, 2017
Obiano we know, Chidoka should just go and sit down. Let him spend that money for campaign on his Obosi people because that would be more appreciated.

3 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by izombie(m): 11:18am On Mar 07, 2017
maxiuc:
So there is a place called otuocha in Awka
the article said NEAR awka. It never said otuocha IN awka. Comprehension.

2 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by IBpaul(m): 11:38am On Mar 07, 2017
Hernandez88:
Who told yu dat?
Is lyk yu hav quickly forgotten what happen in Ondo during the Governorship Election.
Eyitayo Jegede & Jimoh Ibrahim

DAT still fresh in my memory
but no one has been flied for now and besides dose cabals has migrated to d neighboring party
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Kobicove(m): 12:00pm On Mar 07, 2017
As a full blooded Anambranian I think Obiano should get a second term

2 Likes

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Cuche: 12:23pm On Mar 07, 2017
Kobicove:
As a full blooded Anambranian I think Obiano should get a second term
Agreed because Obiano did well. As a governor he is rated above average.
His second term will also enable the Holy Roman Catholic Church to consolidate its position in all agencies of Government. There are still few agencies under the leadership of non - Catholics in the State. Hopefully, in the next 4 years he will heed the counsel of knights decision to ensure we lead in all Ministries and parastatals.
[ na play I dey oh ]
Just like Buhari (Dorminant Fulani) and Osibanjo (oppressed group), Musa Yar'dua and Goodluck Jonathan, one day someone from the minority and oppressed religious groups will govern the State. It always works that way turn by turn. For now it is our turn.
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by scribe2000(m): 1:38pm On Mar 07, 2017
Silly "play" with respect to the bolded. It is better you remove it completely.

Cuche:

His second term will also enable the Holy Roman Catholic Church to consolidate its position in all agencies of Government. There are still few agencies under the leadership of non - Catholics in the State. Hopefully, in the next 4 years he will heed the counsel of knights decision to ensure we lead in all Ministries and parastatals.
[ na play I dey oh ][/b]
Just like Buhari (Dorminant Fulani) and Osibanjo (oppressed group), Musa Yar'dua and Goodluck Jonathan, one day someone from the minority and oppressed religious groups will govern the State. It always works that way turn by turn. For now it is our turn.
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by dumodust(m): 1:49pm On Mar 07, 2017
Cuche:

[ na play I dey oh ]
its interesting that religion is higher on your scale of preference than putting the actual intelligent people that will do the jobs in the rigjt positions... so all these drunks and animals in power are catholics... interesting
the day we leace religion out of politics in anambra, the better for us all
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Ikechukwu777: 3:34pm On Mar 07, 2017
[quote author=DelGardo post=54341770]The same Chidoka that collected millions for new drivers license and left FRSC without providing the cards, neither did he bequeath the agency with capacity to produce cards.

Same guy that did nothing in aviation ministry, which uncle hero, as usual, rewarded with for failing.

The dude is a fraud. Hope he fails, after wasting all his money in the processes.

[Commissioning of FRSC number plate/license plant at Awka, Anambra state. Watch video as reported by Channels Television.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIy8kIb_Jos
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by bath(m): 3:41pm On Mar 07, 2017
Wait for him to win the election to know if he will visit there again.
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by swagifted(m): 4:02pm On Mar 07, 2017
This is a clear example of the whole "youth" thing.
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Ikechukwu777: 4:06pm On Mar 07, 2017
DelGardo post=54341770]The same Chidoka that collected millions for new drivers license and left FRSC without providing the cards, neither did he bequeath the agency with capacity to produce cards.

The dude is a fraud. Hope he fails, after wasting all his money in the process.

[Where did you get such information from? Please stop misinforming people. Here is a video captured by Channels Television during the commissioning of one of the number plates/license plant at Awka, Anambra state. Watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIy8kIb_Jos ]
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Ikechukwu777: 4:22pm On Mar 07, 2017
DelGardo

Where did you get such information from? Please stop misinforming people. Here's a Channels Television report on the commissioning of one of the number plates/license plant at Awka, Anambra state.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIy8kIb_Jos
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by iguita: 9:47pm On Mar 07, 2017
I support this guy even for presidency

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Ikechukwu777: 8:06am On Mar 08, 2017
To DelGardo and his friends

Are you criticizing the same driver license that was applauded as the best internationally?

Italian government wrote a congratulatory message to FRSC under Osita Chidoka, in the letter they said the Nigeria's driver license is better than many European driver licenses.

See attached picture for the letter.

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Ikechukwu777: 8:13am On Mar 08, 2017
[Stylz69 post=54347723]
I totally agree with you. Big fraudster!! Tell me the rationale behind changing the previous numbering for vehicles by just reshuffling the codes. He did this to make money for his cronies.

You call someone a fraudster for being positively innovative?

[Italian governments congratulatory letter to FRSC under Osita Chidoka for introducing what they called the best driver license, even better than many European driver licenses]

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by kokai(m): 8:55am On Mar 08, 2017
Greetings to you all.

I would like to educate you summarily about the achievements of Chief Osita Chidoka.

In 2007, he was appointed as the Corps Marshal and Chief Executive of the Federal Road Safety Corps. His leadership of the FRSC led to the transformation of the Corps to a functional Lead Agency in Road Traffic Administration and Safety Management in the country driven by information and communication technology. This transformation had as its visible impact:
• A 15% reduction in fatalities from 2007 to 2009 and 28% in 2010;
• Increase in Fines' Generation from N524,757,951.24 in 2006 to N1.4 Billion in 2010;
• Creation of a reliable Offenders’ Register and data base of drivers and vehicles in the country, leading to ECOWAS adoption of the Nigerian model in the planned Regional Vehicle Administration Information System (RVAIS) by the West African countries and production of Nigeria Road Safety Strategy (NRSS) 2012-2016.
• Under his leadership, the Federal Road Safety Corps won the prestigious Prince Michael International Road Safety Award in December 2008;
• Moreover, FRSC’s compliance with global best practices led to the certification of the Corps by the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON) which conferred the Quality Management System Certificate (ISO 9001:2008 Certification) on the Corps on 15 April 2013.

It is also worthy to note that whilst he was the Corps Marshal, he also bagged notable awards such as the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria Merit Award on 27 November 2010, and the Institute of Logistics Management of Nigeria Fellowship Award in July, 2011. Some of the illustrious awards conferred to Chief Osita Chidoka include:
• The National Productivity Order of Merit Award of the Federal Ministry of Labour and Productivity in October, 2010.
• The Distinguished Alumnus Award for good governance and model on Road Safety by the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Nigeria, Nsukka on 12 November, 2011.
• The Sun and Hallmark Newspapers Public Servant of the year 2012 Awards (Under him, FRSC won Leadership Newspapers Government Agency of the year 2012 award)

In recognition of his expertise, he was appointed by former President Goodluck Jonathan to head the Transportation Sub Committee of the Presidential Committee on Nigeria’s Centenary. The feat accomplished led to his appointment as the Chairman of the Transport Committee for the World Economic Forum held in May, 2014 in Nigeria.

Furthermore, because of his patriotic disposition to his fatherland, he was conferred with Nigeria’s National Honour of Officer of the Federal Republic, OFR by former President Goodluck Jonathan on 14 November, 2011. Also, the people of Obosi recognized Chief Osita Chidoka’s enormous contributions to national and community development and thus invested him with the traditional title of Ike Obosi (Strength of Obosi). He was also made a member of Ndi-Ichie, the highest decision making body of Obosi Traditional Council of Anambra State in May, 2009.

On 23 July 2014, Chidoka was appointed Nigeria’s Minister of Aviation by the former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan. During his tenure, he strived to improve the safety standards of Nigeria’s aviation industry to be able to compete actively with global best standards. Furthermore, he initiated the process of acquiring the global certification of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).

Chief Osita Chidoka has proven (and will continue to prove) that he is indeed a worthy son of Igboland and Nigeria. I believe that his decision to contest for the gubernatorial seat of Anambra State is one that should be welcomed with cheers because he will:
• Reduce the cost of being “Onye Anambra”
• Restore Igbo voice in Nigeria
• Make Anambra State a self – sufficient territory
• Build a modern Community – Based – Transparent Government
• Represent the true wishes of Anambra people

Be a good citizen by putting a halt to all these false accusations of fraud you are labeling against his personality, please. It is a noble thing worth doing for him.

Thank you.
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by DocHMD: 10:24am On Mar 08, 2017
Yyeske:
Obiano we know, Chidoka should just go and sit down. Let him spend that money for campaign on his Obosi people because that would be more appreciated.

I thought you are a rabid APCist, shouldn't it be 'Ngige we know".
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by Stylz69(m): 8:02am On Mar 09, 2017
Ikechukwu777:
[Stylz69 post=54347723]

You call someone a fraudster for being positively innovative?

[Italian governments congratulatory letter to FRSC under Osita Chidoka for introducing what they called the best driver license, even better than many European driver licenses]

Abegi!!!! Who quality license epp? I'd rather have poor quality licenses issued to drivers Who have gone through rigorous process to be certified to operate motor vehicles than have people holding fancy beautiful licenses and drive with no clue on what road signs mean. So don't show me a silly letter from Italian government commending the quality of the license!!! Mind you I said the redesign of the number plates was pointless and was only done to give jobs to his people.

1 Like

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by kennybrown55: 10:17pm On Mar 09, 2017
Let us give Osita a chance to transform Anambra the way he did in road safety

Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by kennybrown55: 11:30pm On Mar 09, 2017
I strongly think that Osita is one material the Ibos should hold dear. I have read and seen what he had achieved in the Federal Road Safety Corps. It is time we put sentiment aside and allow the best hand to mold the clay. Let me share with you some of his verifiable achievements.
• Did you know that before Osita became the Corps Marshal in 2007, there were only 170 patrol vehicles nationwide? But between June 2007 and December 2013, he injected 772 vehicles and 6 heavy duty tow trucks to the existing 170 patrol vehicles. This is 78% increase. He added 69 Unit Commands and 4 outposts to the existing 121 unit Commands.

• Preceding 2007, records were still manually kept while connectivity among Commands was almost non-existent. There was only one V-SAT installed in the Corps Headquarters in Abuja for Data Management and internet connectivity. But his administration deployed 400 V-SATs to improve linkage with various Commands and also created a robust and reliable database of about 11 million capacity.

• He introduced vehicle tacking technology in FRSC to monitor the movement of all Patrol Vehicles in various Commands nationwide. Through this medium, it became easy to deploy Patrol Vehicles to distressed locations for traffic control/management and to notify ambulances to respond to distress calls within any location of a crash or emergency. Go to the FRSC National Headquarters and see for yourself.

• In April 15, 2013 FRSC made history by becoming the First and Only ISO 9001 QMS Certified Law Enforcement Agency in Africa. This certification has enabled FRSC to establish robust processes and a procedure open to a third party assessment for continual improvement.

• During his tenure as the Corps Marshal, FRSC won the prince Michael of Kent award on road safety, World Bank recognition as best example of lead agency in Africa and the National Productivity Order of Merit Award.

• Here this. In 2008, FRSC’s rating by SERVICOM was unsatisfactory, in 2009, FRSC came 3rd position, in 2010, FRSC picked the 2nd position. From 2011 till he left office, FRSC earned the enviable 1st position.

• To enhance communication amongst FRSC staff, his administration initiated the Close User Group (CUG) telephone lines. Between 2008 and 2013, FRSC acquired a total of 3,108 CUGs. This was outside the telephone lines linked to the Callers Group where spouses of officers’ could communicate free within the group after making a token monthly payment.

Osita is a young man with ideas and he his technologically inclined. We need young men like him to transform Anambra state into the Dubai of Africa. Let the Ibos support him, let the Anambra people support him, let Nigeria in general support him. At the end, we will all be glad we did.

http://frsc.gov.ng/2013%20A%20DEFINING%20YEAR%20FOR%20FRSC.pdf
Re: Osita Chidoka Joins Anambra Governorship Race by kennybrown55: 10:52am On Mar 10, 2017
Now that I'm beginning to see young men like Chidoka coming out to contest for elective position, I can begin to look at my own children and tell them that they are truly the leaders of tomorrow and it won't be a mere figure of speech as I was told years back by my teachers...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Reverses Self, Disowns Governorship Campaign Council List / Obaseki Declares For Edo Governorship Race / Rashida Bello Helps Mother Of Triplets Abandoned By Husband (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.