Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,334 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? (2522 Views)

President Buhari Prays With Osinbajo, Okorocha And Others (Photo) / Amaechi Vs Wike: Caption These Photos With Osinbajo / Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by Wassce: 11:33am On Mar 07, 2017
Mathemagician1:

LOL.. I see beyond your veil. Your subtle attempt to blackmail the better South into supporting Osinbade is an exercise in futility. Where did the OP even get the impression that the supporters of Osinbade on this forum are from the SE?

Gerrarahere mehn...

The Yorubas know the storm is coming and they are beginning to beg for support from the better South. Osinbade has been running from Imo to Abia to Anambra, then to Rivers and Calabar, even yesterday he was at Edo. Why the sudden crave for the SS and SE support?

What happened to all the bravado about becoming President without SE/SS support? What happened to the popular saying "SE/SS support is inconsequential"?

We remember how Yorubas in cahoot with the North overthrew a son of the SS, a region that has been feeding the damn country since independence with nothing to show for.

A simple unanimous gesture of having one of their son lead the country to ease the tension in the country was met with stiff resistance from you know who (Yorubas). His 4 years tenure was a terrible nightmare. No matter how hard he tried, his best wasn't good enough for Yorubas. We have never witnessed the continuous assault of a President like the SW media attacked GEJ.

The Igbos have a very long memory and we cannot be cajoled by cheap blackmail. Just count us out of your sophisticated politics biko.

Your head dey there my brother.
Which brand of wine do u drink let me go n buy it sharp sharp

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by 9jakool: 11:33am On Mar 07, 2017
Mathemagician1:
Count the great Igbos out of any support for Osinbade. We DO NOT support Osinbade or any other Yoruba political candidate. Kindly desist from involving us in your politics.

The Yoruba man is not a friend of the Igbos, we have not forgotten how the Yorubas supported every ill treatment meted on us through their actions and utterances.

Just in case the North decides to wield the big stick against their Yoruba partners, the great Igbo nation shall maintain their stance as a neutral observer of the political royal-rumble between the SW and the North.

Let's not forget that Yoruba backed GEJ instead of Buhari in 2011. Without any tangible change, they flipped their support for Buhari in 2015. However there is still no change so they'll likely back a different candidate in 2019. So who's more neutral now?
If only people elect leaders based on principles irregardless of tribal affiliation. True federalism will only happen if Nigerians stop thinking along sectarian and tribal lines.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by vayne(m): 11:43am On Mar 07, 2017
maynation:
little man! Why have you chosen not to learn?? Is it Saraki that goes about calling him 'mere commissioner' here on Nairaland??.
Is it Saraki that's moving from thread to thread showing sudden support for Osinbajo?

Am actually after you miscreants who labelled him such here on Nairaland not where the word sourced from. undecided
you should be concerned about where the label originated from,but sadly you haven't got a clue because you spend quality time shouting ipod instead of reserching extensively!
Secondly tell me where igbos openly supported osibanjo,which accredited media outlet carrid it?
I really don't need you to waste my time if you have not got answers to the above!
Just shameless and silently wallow in ignorance and no one will care!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by Mathemagician1(m): 11:47am On Mar 07, 2017
Wassce:

Your head dey there my brother.
Which brand of wine do u drink let me go n buy it sharp sharp

O Mpa kam na awu... Imesia sendi kwalam umu-nwanyi abuo ka ha bia miam amu. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by Bitterleafsoup: 11:49am On Mar 07, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
, All of a sudden.....

Niger Delta Avengers ran out of dynamites...

Fulani herdsmen ran out of bullets....

Boko Haram insurgents lost their mojo....

Southern Kaduna crisis went on half time....

Castle rustlers lost steam....

Islamization Agenda crooners disbanded.... Rising dollar rates no longer a concern....

Inflation rates put aside.......

Fiery preachers and prophets of doom stopped prophesying..... Biafrans have stopped agitating and threatening.... Why?

Buhari is not in town.... But as soon as he announces his return, watch out for the return of all of the above. Abject Hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by maynation(f): 11:53am On Mar 07, 2017
Mathemagician1:

LOL.. I see beyond your veil. Your subtle attempt to blackmail the better South into supporting Osinbade is an exercise in futility. Where did the OP even get the impression that the supporters of Osinbade on this forum are from the SE?

Gerrarahere mehn...

The Yorubas know the storm is coming and they are beginning to beg for support from the better South. Osinbade has been running from Imo to Abia to Anambra, then to Rivers and Calabar, even yesterday he was at Edo. Why the sudden crave for the SS and SE support?

What happened to all the bravado about becoming President without SE/SS support? What happened to the popular saying "SE/SS support is inconsequential"?

We remember how Yorubas in cahoot with the North overthrew a son of the SS, a region that has been feeding the damn country since independence with nothing to show for.

A simple unanimous gesture of having one of their son lead the country to ease the tension in the country was met with stiff resistance from you know who (Yorubas). His 4 years tenure was a terrible nightmare. No matter how hard he tried, his best wasn't good enough for Yorubas. We have never witnessed the continuous assault of a President like the SW media attacked GEJ.

The Igbos have a very long memory and we cannot be cajoled by cheap blackmail. Just count us out of your sophisticated politics biko.

Lol. You are obviously high on kolanut.
Where is the storm coming from? And mind you we've never had issues with SS. The question is why are you Biafrauds trying to bring SS into your cheap silly secession ??

Anyways, Osinbajo is just a concerned man trying to do what is expected of him as a leader and if you think he's craving for support then you have scores to settle with your brain. Your region needs help the most, how would a dead man help a living man with just headache? Nigeria as a nation needs absolutely nothing from Igbos, You all are just bunch of parasitic opportunists. Not like we Yorubas need anything from Awusas, it's just that they are still far much better compared to you disunified fellows. We will cahoot with the North again and again until every part of your body is fed to the beast. Why not cry for a president from the east rather than Goodluck?? You've never had one hence a slave in your own land.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by Bitterleafsoup: 11:57am On Mar 07, 2017
vayne:

were igbos the ones that labelled osinbajo a mere commissioner? Better go do your research!
Osinbajo has proven that he is not devisive,and has earned our respect but not support.so we that tells you we are not driven by hate but actions!
Finally, don't be decieved by the fake monikas claiming igbo to support osinbajo,its to early!
My Dear I am supporting him and am 100% Igbo. Anything is pass Buhari sef. Will I support him 2019, maybe. OBJ put alot of Igbos in position, did they do anything for our people nahhhh!

I will support who supports Igbos on the ground with development in Igboland. I don't care what group you start, no development no support period.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by Bitterleafsoup: 11:59am On Mar 07, 2017
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
you know why ngeneukwenu?

because you can't just hate a good man irrespective of party affiliations
Osibanjo is a good man and an erudite professor who understands the power in diplomacy so it's working for him.

unlike the terrorist Buhari who's currently a vegetable in London
everybody hates terrorism
Buhari is a terrorist
when a terrorist is in power people suffer recession everywhere
Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin
that Osibanjo is receiving lesser or no bashing irrespective of him being in a useless hopeless party makes him a good man.
Dalu!
Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by Mathemagician1(m): 12:01pm On Mar 07, 2017
9jakool:

Let's not forget that Yoruba backed GEJ instead of Buhari in 2011. Without any tangible change, they flipped their support for Buhari in 2015. However there is still no change so they'll likely back a different candidate in 2019. So who's more neutral now?
If only people elect leaders based on principles irregardless of tribal affiliation. True federalism will only happen if Nigerians stop thinking along sectarian and tribal lines.

Bullsh*t!!!!!! Yorubas supported GEJ because they had no candidate contesting. Yorubas have always voted along tribal line since independence, go figure. How come they didn't vote Buhari for 3 consecutive times until a Yoruba man had the chance to cling the VP seat.

Don't even mention Pastor Tunde Bakare. Yorubas couldn't afford to give up the seat of PRESIDENT for a VP seat so they simply picked the bigger pie in 2003 when they supported an Obasanjo they once rejected and campaigned against. Why didn't they vote Buhari then since they loved him so much and Obasanjo isn't their preferred candidate? That's the Yoruba man for you.

Yorubas are the most tribalistic voters ever. True federalism will only happen if Nigerians Yorubas stop thinking along sectarian and tribal lines.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by 9jakool: 12:06pm On Mar 07, 2017
Bitterleafsoup:
My Dear I am supporting him and am 100% Igbo. Anything is pass Buhari sef. Will I support him 2019, maybe. OBJ put alot of Igbos in position, did they do anything for our people nahhhh!

I will support who supports Igbos on the ground with development in Igboland. I don't care what group you start, no development no support period.

Thank you! Yoruba and Igbo people tear each other apart over the littlest things while many Northern politicians watch and make their get away with little resistance.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by maynation(f): 12:10pm On Mar 07, 2017
vayne:

you should be concerned about where the label originated from,but sadly you haven't got a clue because you spend quality time shouting ipod instead of reserching extensively!
Secondly tell me where igbos openly supported osibanjo,which accredited media outlet carrid it?
I really don't need you to waste my time if you have not got answers to the above!
. What do you mean? Can you show me where Yorubas openly declared their hatreds for Igbo? Which accredited outlet carried it? Do you need Amadioha to tell we so hate you? Don't be a fool. cheesygrin

If you can't see the handwriting on the wall then i can't help you and I therefore won't waste my precious time on you

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by maynation(f): 12:12pm On Mar 07, 2017
vayne:

Bitterleafsoup:

Gbam cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 07, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
No more secession!
No Shouting Of Marginalization!
Things are no longer costly in the Market!
Nnamdi Kanu, Can Now Die In The Prison!
No More Support For Pipeline Vandals!
Donald Trump, Can Now Go To Hell!
Ipob Yoots, We Hail Thee

BMC ALERT DE WORRY YOU

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by vayne(m): 12:15pm On Mar 07, 2017
Bitterleafsoup:

no problem with that brother,osinbajo never had anything against the igbos,he has shown that he is detribalized and has no hand in buhari's hostility towards igbos.he has earned my respect,but not support for now...my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by Bitterleafsoup: 12:16pm On Mar 07, 2017
9jakool:

Thank you! Yoruba and Igbo people tear each other apart over the littlest things while many Northern politicians watch and make their get away with little resistance.
That's it all the while creating the most damage, making this country unbearable. They do nothing to help the average Northerner leaving them desperate and confused on who the enemy's really are.

I love the Stalin story where he painfully plucked a chickens feathers out and as it bled from its pours, he dropped bread crumbs on the ground from center stage to his seat and the chicken followed at his feet.
Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by kingzizzy: 12:17pm On Mar 07, 2017
Igbos supporting Osubande? Since when? Osubande is just a temporary thing until his master is well enough to come back.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by vayne(m): 12:19pm On Mar 07, 2017
maynation:

. What do you mean? Can you show me where Yorubas openly declared their hatreds for Igbo? Which accredited outlet carried it? Do you need Amadioha to tell we so hate you? Don't be a fool. cheesygrin

If you can't see the handwriting on the wall then i can't help you and I therefore won't waste my precious time on you
Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by FriendNG: 12:21pm On Mar 07, 2017
NgeneUkwenu:
, All of a sudden.....

Niger Delta Avengers ran out of dynamites...

Fulani herdsmen ran out of bullets....

Boko Haram insurgents lost their mojo....

Southern Kaduna crisis went on half time....

Castle rustlers lost steam....

Islamization Agenda crooners disbanded.... Rising dollar rates no longer a concern....

Inflation rates put aside.......

Fiery preachers and prophets of doom stopped prophesying..... Biafrans have stopped agitating and threatening.... Why?

Buhari is not in town.... But as soon as he announces his return, watch out for the return of all of the above. Abject Hypocrites

It is pure display of Hate to a Northerner. We shall repay them back. Trust me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by Bitterleafsoup: 12:22pm On Mar 07, 2017
maynation:

They will show you Nairaland topic. Have we every seen a clash in the street with these two tribes? They should quit this divided stance it has not helped.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by 9jakool: 12:23pm On Mar 07, 2017
Mathemagician1:

Bullsh*t!!!!!! Yorubas supported GEJ because they had no candidate contesting. Yorubas have always voted along tribal line since independence, go figure. How come they didn't vote Buhari for 3 consecutive times until a Yoruba man had the chance to cling the VP seat.

Don't even mention Pastor Tunde Bakare. Yorubas couldn't afford to give up the seat of PRESIDENT for a VP seat so they simply picked the bigger pie in 2003 when they supported an Obasanjo they once rejected and campaigned against. Why didn't they vote Buhari then since they love him so much? That's the Yoruba man for you.

Yorubas are the most tribalistic voters ever. True federalism will only happen if Nigerians Yorubas stop thinking along sectarian and tribal lines.
I don't need to mention Tunde Bakare, you already did.

It's not a matter of love as a matter of who can do the job better with the choices given. You can make the argument that the choices were different in 2003. The fact that Yoruba voted for someone from their own which could also be tribalistic. Are any other group not tribalistic? No ethnic group is immune to tribalism, which is why I said Nigerians in general are tribalistic. Everyone want a slice of the pie at the cost of principles.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by vayne(m): 12:24pm On Mar 07, 2017
kingzizzy:
Igbos supporting Osubande? Since when? Osubande is just a temporary thing until his master is well enough to come back.
i tire o,where did they get that igbos are supporting Osinbajo.
That a person of igbo tribe supports osinbajo does not amount to igbos.
Osinbajo is trying to mend fences which his boss and some few scratch faces from the SW broke,and he is earning respect,not support.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by maynation(f): 12:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
Bitterleafsoup:
They will show you Nairaland topic. Have we every seen a clash in the street with these two tribes? They should quit this divided stance it has not helped.

Hahahaha! Exactly,like you already know cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by Coldsteel(m): 12:26pm On Mar 07, 2017
That's to tell you that in truth these guys don't really hate Afonjas but something else.Same love is shown to Fayose,FFK and a host of others

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by Bitterleafsoup: 12:27pm On Mar 07, 2017
FriendNG:

It is few display of Hate to a Northerner. We shall repay them back. Trust me.
Repay who back? Nobody hates Northerners just the elites like Abacha family whom return billions every year in stolen loot. Did you pay them back for being greedy bastards and keeping the Northern development money in foreign bank accounts? Did you pay back Boko Harem for terrorizing the communities in the North. Name one thing Buhari in his whole life did for the average Northerner?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by Bitterleafsoup: 12:30pm On Mar 07, 2017
vayne:

i tire o,where did they get that igbos are supporting Osinbajo.
That a person of igbo tribe supports osinbajo does not amount to igbos.
Osinbajo is trying to mend fences which his boss and some few scratch faces from the SW broke,and he is earning respect,not support.
Respect leads to support isn't it?
Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by vayne(m): 12:30pm On Mar 07, 2017
maynation:

Hahahaha! Exactly,like you already know cheesy
thesame nairaland you were making reference to when i asked you to show me where igbos openly showed support for osinbajo?
Lol,i made a good decision.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by FriendNG: 12:32pm On Mar 07, 2017
Bitterleafsoup:
Repay who back? Nobody hates Northerners just the elites like Abacha family whom return billions every year in stolen loot. Did you pay them back for being greedy bastards and keeping the Northern development money in foreign bank accounts? Did you pay back Boko Harem for terrorizing the communities in the North. Name one thing Buhari in his whole life did for the average Northerner?

Its not a social media fight. Practically you hate northerners. You display the same hate to Yara'adua despite being the best president Nigeria has ever produced and if you deny doing so, I will prove it. Alteast Buhari has decimated Boko Haram unlike the other guy in Bayelsa.

Buhari is fighting corruption: stolen funds are being return everyday. Don't worry yourself the payback will come to pass.
Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by vayne(m): 12:34pm On Mar 07, 2017
Bitterleafsoup:
Respect leads to support isn't it?
then wait until it leads to support,don't rush me.igbos are not known to have short memories,the people you think you are showing support today will not bait an eyelid to stab you behind tomorrow.
Why are they not shouting sai baba again?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by Bitterleafsoup: 12:38pm On Mar 07, 2017
vayne:

no problem with that brother,osinbajo never had anything against the igbos,he has shown that he is detribalized and has no hand in buhari's hostility towards igbos.he has earned my respect,but not support for now...my opinion.
That is fair and reasonable.

I will support him because two more years of backwardness from the Duradullards Mob and we will be N1K =$1.

They kept Osinbajo out of everything, Aisha said it all before she was excused to the other room. The economic blueprint of this country was sabotaged in order to steal as much as possible. Who is in charge of all the money looted and recovered? Running into billions of pounds.
Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by vayne(m): 12:38pm On Mar 07, 2017
FriendNG:

Its not a social media fight. Practically you hate northerners. You display the same hate to Yara'adua despite being the best president Nigeria has ever produced and if you deny doing so, I will prove it. Alteast Buhari has decimated Boko Haram unlike the other guy in Bayelsa.

Buhari is fighting corruption: stolen funds are being return everyday. Don't worry yourself the payback will come to pass.
rubbish,where were you when the slow poke buhari was dividing the country?
Where were you when he was using brutal force against unarmed peaceful protesters,abeg go front!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by Bitterleafsoup: 12:41pm On Mar 07, 2017
vayne:

then wait until it leads to support,don't rush me.igbos are not known to have short memories,the people you think you are showing support today will not bait an eyelid to stab you behind tomorrow.
Why are they not shouting sai baba again?
Its okay my Dear. 2019 is a whole other game plan. As for now let us see how we can work with the President-elect, he is a 1 million time improvement over Buhari and his kinsman that they own wife warned us about.
Re: Why Are Igbos Yoots/Some Igbos Now In Love With Osinbajo, An Afonja? by maynation(f): 12:42pm On Mar 07, 2017
vayne:

thesame nairaland you were making reference to when i asked you to show me where igbos openly showed support for osinbajo?
Lol,i made a good decision.

You just lost it all.
I didn't make reference to any post on nairaland. Infact, the other Igbo poster was expecting you to show me a post here on nairaland as your Yoruba-Igbo hatred proof. Infact his write up was written to render your claims useless, I wonder what now brought about this question? undecided. Are you okay?? You made a wrong decision.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rev Father Mbaka And Ebube Muonso Endorses Dr Tony Nwoye ( Pics) / Lagos - Ibadan Rail Cost $1.4 Billion. PDP Stole $2.8 Billion From The NSA. PICS / EXPOSED: How Peter Obi Funded The Foiled Impeachment Of Anambra State Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.