Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) (5411 Views)

Jobless And Feeling Suicidal / Evicted Jobless Son, 30, Finally Packs Out His Belongings From His Parents' Home / 8 Years Gone. Am Tired Of Being Jobless (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by lifeispeace: 12:53pm On Mar 07, 2017
good day nairalanders...

I'm in voluntary isolation as living has been made as difficult as possible...
reviewing and rewriting my v, attending interviews, me being taken advantage of by innately lustful employers has now become a normal thing to me..
I graduated with high jobs as I ventured into the labour market but since then it has been a sad story...
I just need a saviour! I mean an angel, this outburst is coming out of the innermost contours of my soul as I have been drenched in the shadows of poverty..
from borrowing money to attend interviews to getting immensely hungry without hope of seeing food to eat except cassava(garri)that I bring occasionally when coming from the village..
As I swallow the garri with glee as if it is some kind of special delicacy ,I reminisce on my life as I ask myself who I have offended...
Graduating with a 2'1 in mass communications isn't an easy feat and I know how I endured sleepless nights for school and nysc...
it's been hard really hard...
Nature has made it so and I must endure until someday.....probably someday when my star will shine and I'll give my testimony on this platform....
Until then the hustle continues...
kudos to all job seekers like me who haven't given up the hustle, we will surely get there

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by faroukalabi: 1:26pm On Mar 07, 2017
hope in the face of difficulty and uncertainty. Trust me you aren't alone in this realm, the best thing you can do is not to give up. stay strong and keep fighting.

2 Likes

Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by lifeispeace: 1:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
faroukalabi:
hope in the face of difficulty and uncertainty. Trust me you aren't alone in this realm, the best thing you can do is not to give up. stay strong and keep fighting.
thank you sir...
I'm strong smiley

1 Like

Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by ogwoliun: 2:02pm On Mar 07, 2017
Be strong, patient and keep praying, Jah will surely pick your call. It's just time nothing more.
Na N-Power come rescrued me now if not ehn...
Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by Raydans: 2:11pm On Mar 07, 2017
I can relate. I know the feeling. Depression, Loneliness, brokenness, boredom. Infact its not a good stage atall.
Its a transition stage

1 Like

Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by lifeispeace: 2:12pm On Mar 07, 2017
Raydans:
I can relate. I know the feeling. Depression, Loneliness, brokenness, boredom. Infact its not a good stage atall.
Its a transition stage
I believe so sir...
have a nice day
Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by lifeispeace: 2:13pm On Mar 07, 2017
ogwoliun:
Be strong, patient and keep praying, Jah will surely pick your call. It's just time nothing more.
applied wasn't called up
Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by SMC(f): 2:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
lifeispeace:
good day nairalanders...

reviewing and rewriting my v, attending interviews, me being taken advantage of by innately lustful employers has now become a normal thing to me..
I graduated with high jobs as I ventured into the labour market but since then it has been a sad story...
I just need a saviour! I mean an angel, this outburst is coming out of the innermost contours of my soul as I have been drenched in the shadows of poverty..
from borrowing money to attend interviews to getting immensely hungry without hope of seeing food to eat except cassava(garri)that I bring occasionally when coming from the village..
As I swallow the garri with glee as if it is some kind of special delicacy ,I reminisce on my life as I ask myself who I have offended...
Nature has made it so and I must endure until someday.....probably someday when my star will shine and I'll give my testimony on this platform....
kudos to all job seekers like me who haven't given up the hustle, we will surely get there

Whilst I understand and appreciate that you are pouring out your heart with its frustrations, IMHO you have not posted anything that will let a genuine good Samaritan help you job-wise, except you are seeking commiserations and/or handouts from people. It would help you better if you had put the degree you have, the class (e.g. 1st Class, 2nd class Upper etc), a brief line or two on any experience you might have (even if only NYSC) etc. Just keep everything brief. That way, people with vacancies that you might be suited for might leave a comment asking you to send your CV or to invite you for an interview. All the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by lifeispeace: 2:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
SMC:

Whilst I understand and appreciate that you are pouring out your heart with its frustrations, IMHO you have not posted anything that will let a genuine good Samaritan help you job-wise, except you are seeking commiserations and/or handouts from people. It would help you better if you had put the degree you have, the class (e.g. 1st Class, 2nd class Upper etc), a brief line or two on any experience you might have (even if only NYSC) etc. Just keep everything brief. That way, people with vacancies that you might be suited for might leave a comment asking you to send your CV or to invite you for an interview. All the best.
thank you for this my dear...
updated* smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by kwaso2: 4:26pm On Mar 07, 2017
I share ur hope. Hope doesn't disappoint. Where do u live? What's ur spiritual relationship. How about ur contacts? Have u tried volunteering in a media group as ur background goes? Or any organization where u can grow ur career.
It's not easy as it sounds yes. But sometimes u need to review many things if not everything. E.g family background, name, state of residence, exposure,etc. There's also a breakthrough. Am a good testimony of these.
Continue. Don't give in. Don't give up. Don't give out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by lifeispeace: 4:52pm On Mar 07, 2017
kwaso2:
I share ur hope. Hope doesn't disappoint. Where do u live? What's ur spiritual relationship. How about ur contacts? Have u tried volunteering in a media group as ur background goes? Or any organization where u can grow ur career.
It's not easy as it sounds yes. But sometimes u need to review many things if not everything. E.g family background, name, state of residence, exposure,etc. There's also a breakthrough. Am a good testimony of these.
Continue. Don't give in. Don't give up. Don't give out.
stay in Lagos ..
I tap into your testimony...
Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 07, 2017
lifeispeace:
good day nairalanders...

Graduating with a 2'1 in mass communications isn't an easy feat and I know how I endured sleepless nights for school and nysc...

Hmmmm...I have been in your shoes

You need to Get something doing ASAP ,no matter how small .I sold pure water from home ,recharge card ,all sought of stuff that can be sold ...

The good thing with me is I like to read ,nairaland has helped me a lot in my job waiting days ,I have gained enough knowledge here and I quit a job recently to fall back on the little knowledge I have gained on nairaland .

Brush up your writting skills (it seems u r good at it "write up was interesting to read " )and readup business,investment section of the forum ...

Be quick about it and God 'll help u.

3 Likes

Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by skiguy123(m): 5:00pm On Mar 07, 2017
everything is going to be alright ok...Just keep up the faith. forward your CV to lawal4uconnect@u-connect-ng.com and let me know when u done
Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by OgidiOlu3(m): 5:07pm On Mar 07, 2017
You are not a bad writer. Read more, write more. Be creative. You can even start a blog and write about your struggles and ordeals, like a diary of some sort. And you can still keep applying for jobs on the side. Apply for internships too if you have the opportunity. You won't be underemployed forever. It is well dear, it is well.

1 Like

Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by lifeispeace: 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2017
skiguy123:
everything is going to be alright ok...Just keep up the faith. forward your CV to lawal4uconnect@u-connect-ng.com and let me know when u done
thanks sir...
I'll do just that

1 Like

Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by lifeispeace: 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2017
OgidiOlu3:
You are not a bad writer. Read more, write more. Be creative. You can even start a blog and write about your struggles and ordeals, like a diary of some sort. And you can still keep applying for jobs on the side. Apply for internships too if you have the opportunity. You won't be underemployed forever. It is well dear, it is well.
inspiring...
thanks... smiley
Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by missyge(f): 5:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
ogwoliun:
Aw can i apply for N power pls
Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by Edipee(m): 5:31pm On Mar 07, 2017
lifeispeace:
stay in Lagos ..
Just be hopeful dear. This stage of life is not an easy one. God will see us through.

1 Like

Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by kwaso2: 5:31pm On Mar 07, 2017
lifeispeace:
stay in Lagos ..
sure. I notice u seem to have given up on God. I understand. Am sure he does too. He doesn't condemn u for that. He still loves u greatly. If folks that are physically or clinically challenge find reason to praise God. Then we indeed owe him all.

...if u seek him, u will find him....
Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by lollmaolol(m): 6:12pm On Mar 07, 2017
It is well @lifeispeace
Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by Gloriawinning: 6:14pm On Mar 07, 2017
I don't know how NL DM works but if you can find a way to msg me please do let me share my token with you God bless

7 Likes

Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by MAKABBEY(m): 6:55pm On Mar 07, 2017
op, not only u ooo, Na everyday I dey think, I studied political science Education. All of this will become history soon...
Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 07, 2017
Yours is preferable than mine. Salary of 10k, rent is 3k, electricity 1k, transport 2k, left with 4k for feeding. Graduate of History and international studies.....

1 Like

Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by lifeispeace: 7:02pm On Mar 07, 2017
Gloriawinning:
I don't know how NL DM works but if you can find a way to msg me please do let me share my token with you God bless
good evening ma..
you can reach me at ukwunnpeace@mail.com..
Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by lifeispeace: 7:05pm On Mar 07, 2017
lollmaolol:
It is well @lifeispeace
I believe so too...
a light at the end of the tunnel

1 Like

Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by lollmaolol(m): 7:07pm On Mar 07, 2017
lifeispeace:
I believe so too...
a light at the end of the towel

Tunnel you want to type.
Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by Erums(m): 7:23pm On Mar 07, 2017
Hi bro,
We all need to lament sometimes to ease our burden.. But i love ur statement at the end, dnt ever give up...

Also, this is nigeria, u dnt need to hold a degree to achieve, look at other options even when theyre nt degreee worthy... Making money and be relevent or so is the goal. So dnt wait toomuch for a collar job...

Take heed. Gods blessing is with u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:42pm On Mar 07, 2017
lifeispeace:
good day nairalanders...

send me ur CV asap, I ll try 2 send it 2 clique. Olufemiawolaru27@gmail.com all d best

1 Like

Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by GratefulHeart23(f): 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2017
skiguy123:

Sir, please can I also send mine? I had to resign and relocate to Lagos last year based on pressure in my marriage. Life isn't the same anymore.
Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by crackhouse(m): 8:14pm On Mar 07, 2017
Sorry dear. But please stop looking for job. Go and create a job, it's far better than working for one stupid mofo who Will think that u can't do without him/her.

1 Like

Re: Being Jobless And Broke Hurts...(my Story) by jeff1607(m): 8:22pm On Mar 07, 2017
I see favour coming ur way

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2017/2018 Nigeria LNG Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship / STEPS ON HOW YOU CAN WIN CBN/NYSC VENTURE PRICE COMPETITION AWARD AS A CORPER / Clarification On Nysc Discharge Number.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.