Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? (3080 Views)

Advice Me. Should I Accept The Job? / Should I Accept Or Decline This Job Offer? / Should I Accept This Police Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by CuteMorriz: 1:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
I am actually working and earn in the 60-70k region. Although I kept my eyes opened for other offers. I have threatened my boss severally to increase my pay. The guy has succumbed to my threats severally cos I actually started with 30k and this my 17th month and my salary was topping until my present pay. My boss told me I cannot be harassing him anyhow with salary increase. So I got an interview today with another organisation and they sent an offer letter on getting home...Infact as I dey reach house I just weak...harmattan catch me and the rice wey I cook commot house! undecided. The monthly salary is only N525 higher than my initial pay!!! If I divide the gross by 12!...I don't even know whether to accept or reject...I just told the HR to give 1 week to make up my mind....Na who dey follow me from village? First Bank ati Stanbic...ejo edakun...epp me undecided...nitori olorun...baba ejo E gbe phone...
Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by eezeribe(m): 1:40pm On Mar 07, 2017
Who are you that you should be harassing your boss with salary increase
Are you indispensable
Maybe your boss is also confused as you are.
If I were your boss,I would have since sacked you the first time you opened your mouth to ask for a salary increase.

If it ever gets to front page...
I DEDICATE this FTC to All disgruntled Employees.
Una weh done!!!

3 Likes

Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by BLACKCHARGER(m): 1:43pm On Mar 07, 2017
CuteMorriz:
I am actually working and earn in the 60-70k region. Although I kept my eyes opened for other offers. I have threatened my boss severally to increase my pay. The guy has succumbed to my threats severally cos I actually started with 30k and this my 17th month and my salary was topping until my present pay. My boss told me I cannot be harassing him anyhow with salary increase. So I got an interview today with another organisation and they sent an offer letter on getting home...Infact as I dey reach house I just weak...harmattan catch me and the rice wey I cook commot house! undecided. The monthly salary is only N525 higher than my initial pay!!! If I divide the gross by 12!...I don't even know whether to accept or reject...I just told the HR to give 1 week to make up my mind....Na who dey follow me from village? First Bank ati Stanbic...ejo edakun...epp me undecided...nitori olorun...baba ejo E gbe phone...

E concern u... Pple are looking for job nd u arr makin choice.. Issoryt
Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by eezeribe(m): 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2017
BLACKCHARGER:

E concern u... Pple are looking for job nd u arr makin choice.. Issoryt
Don't mind him.

1 Like

Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by ogwoliun: 1:46pm On Mar 07, 2017
Just stay where you are because the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know. Keep on searching, better onse will come.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by CuteMorriz: 1:52pm On Mar 07, 2017
eezeribe:
Are you indispensable
If I were your boss,I would have since sacked you the first time you opened your mouth to ask for a pay rise.
guy na 5 people work I dey do here! Calm down!!! You think say my boss na mugu?

1 Like

Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
at least the extra 500 go subsidize one day T-fare for you
Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 07, 2017
Is he a mechanic ? Who harasses a Boss apart from mechanics and Lawma staff.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by apollo13(m): 4:31pm On Mar 07, 2017
U have a job, you're complaining, guy! be thankful to God and pray for a better offer to come, mind you, continue with your present job and I believe God will crown your efforts very soon.good luck!

1 Like

Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by Erums(m): 4:38pm On Mar 07, 2017
eezeribe:
Are you indispensable
If I were your boss,I would have since sacked you the first time you opened your mouth to ask for a pay rise.

Foolish abegg... Ur move

1 Like

Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by Cutehector(m): 4:45pm On Mar 07, 2017
I had a job dat was paying me 25k back den and I got an offer and it was gona pay me 35k... I called a friend of mine who was just sacked from d company that I was working and gave him the new job.. I referred him to the new boss....

I am no longer working with the company and my friend is no longer working with the new company dat offered me d job...

Have I died? No..

Am I poor? No

Be your brother's keeper.

7 Likes

Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by Nuel25846(m): 5:11pm On Mar 07, 2017
grin grin probably that GLND
Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by CRAPHA96(m): 5:39pm On Mar 07, 2017
g

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by apollo13(m): 5:50pm On Mar 07, 2017
Cutehector:
I had a job dat was paying me 25k back den and I got an offer and it was gona pay me 35k... I called a friend of mine who was just sacked from d company that I was working and gave him the new job.. I referred him to the new boss....

I am no longer working with the company and my friend is no longer working with the new company dat offered me d job...
Nice one bro

Have I died? No..

Am I poor? No

Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by apollo13(m): 5:51pm On Mar 07, 2017
CRAPHA96:
I guess u dey server for restaurant since na five people job u say u dey do

1) pounding yam
2) washing plates
3) fetching water
4) cleaner
5) serving foods

bro buh the pay is good ooh
Lol
Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by BiafranBushBoy: 5:52pm On Mar 07, 2017
Cutehector:

Have I died? No..

Am I poor? No

35??...

Jesu!!

Nigeria sef!! And I dey here dey complain...

Lol..
Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by laribari(m): 6:11pm On Mar 07, 2017
eezeribe:
Are you indispensable

I get your point o, you don't negotiate your salary but at times relationship can warrant that. You just chip it in and not as if you will be harassing your oga over it.

It's not like where i work, how you wan take the see your HR? The gap far naaa! You have to go through your line manager who will also go through another Oga, then that one goes through the director who probably instruct HR.

From the way the OP sounded, e be like a mushroom company oo
Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Mar 07, 2017
CuteMorriz:
let me replace you at your current working place. I will take 50k monthly

2 Likes

Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 07, 2017
CuteMorriz:
guy na 5 people work I dey do here! Calm down!!! You think say my boss na mugu?
i will do 10 people's work. I'm a good replacement for you
Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by CuteMorriz: 7:11pm On Mar 07, 2017
opibycar1:
i will do 10 people's work. I'm a good replacement for you
Relax!!! Na so I dey ginger before!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by CuteMorriz: 7:14pm On Mar 07, 2017
laribari:

I get your point o, you don't negotiate your salary but at times relationship can warrant that. You just chip it in and not as if you will be harassing your oga over it.

It's not like where i work, how you wan take the see your HR? The gap far naaa! You have to go through your line manager who will also go through another Oga, then that one goes through the director who probably instruct HR.

From the way the OP sounded, e be like a mushroom company oo
yep a small size org...but the so called big company wey I go today tire me...waste Tfare undecided...untop 525N difference...me wey form sick...I could have utilised that time for a deep sleep
Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by Cutehector(m): 8:45pm On Mar 07, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

35??...

Jesu!!

Nigeria sef!! And I dey here dey complain...

Lol..
lol... Brother... Be thankful for what you have...
Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by CuteMorriz: 9:03pm On Mar 07, 2017
Cutehector:
Bro one love!...do not let them deter you....i like your hustle...in-fact we all hustlers until we cross to the other side. And your openness is admirable.
Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by Cutehector(m): 9:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
CuteMorriz:
Bro one love!...do not let them deter you....i like your hustle...in-fact we all hustlers until we cross to the other side. And your openness is admirable.
na d way..... Brothers first..
Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by fingerlin(m): 1:26am On Mar 08, 2017
Lol....
Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by fingerlin(m): 1:29am On Mar 08, 2017
CRAPHA96:

1) pounding yam
2) washing plates
3) fetching water
4) cleaner
5) serving foods

CRAPHA96:

1) pounding yam
2) washing plates
3) fetching water
4) cleaner
5) serving foods

CRAPHA96:

1) pounding yam
2) washing plates
3) fetching water
4) cleaner
5) serving foods

lol...
Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by obinoral1179(m): 7:42am On Mar 08, 2017
Cutehector:

Have I died? No..

Am I poor? No

I love this but it will only work if the company decides to follow your recommendation.... I remembered how a friend recommend me to his company.... I send email tire, no show I just move on. Am still alive looking for a better opportunity...
Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by obinoral1179(m): 7:51am On Mar 08, 2017
Cutehector:
I concur
Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by Cutehector(m): 7:55am On Mar 08, 2017
obinoral1179:
I love this but it will only work if the company decides to follow your recommendation.... I remembered how a friend recommend me to his company.... I send email tire, no show I just move on. Am still alive looking for a better opportunity...
well I took him with me to see d boss..
Re: I Am Just Confused Should I Accept Or Reject? by idu1(m): 9:17am On Mar 08, 2017
CuteMorriz:

Walahi I am more confused than you.

(1) (Reply)

2018 Entry Level Recruitment At United Bank For Africa Plc (UBA) – Apply Now / Latest Update On Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment 2018 / Nigerian Breweries Test For Graduate Management Trainees Is Coming Up On Friday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.