Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,559 members, 7,850,917 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:51 AM

Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling (40445 Views)

Cattle Colonies: Southern States Shun FG's Request For Land / Biafra: What Senate Will Do About Military Action On Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB – Saraki / Supreme Court Strikes Out Sheriff's Motion, Rules In Favour Of Makarfi's Faction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by Lightening: 6:27pm On Mar 07, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

LOL keep fooling yourself, Ecowas already order for his release and what happen after nothing... Your dilector will rot in jail hahah

Calling my Country a zoo alone is enough for me to hate him..

Please describe what your country is if not zoo, Paradise? Nothing describes the state of Nigeria more apt than the zoo.

2 Likes

Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by Lightening: 6:29pm On Mar 07, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

LOL there's video evidence where he is requesting for ammunition to fight Nigeria and that alone is a crime, So you are expecting Nigeria to wail till acquire the weapons and strike before they arrest him? Sorry you need to grow up..

Beside if Alameiseigha can fly into the country dressed as woman oga anything can happen..

He was requesting ammunition for the defence of IPOB members the security agencies are slaughtering during their rightful peaceful protests. Watch the video and listen better this time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by almarthins(m): 6:31pm On Mar 07, 2017
Smoothie01:

audio is not serious evidence na...action speaks louder dan words...wah did he say dah pple have not said b4...na today threat start for 9ja?..guy forget dah thing...they're just dragging the issue cos they gat nothing on him

Huh! In his case d sin of sedition is well spotted. I don't think u know any tin about law! No evidence is minimal. Don't forget that not all Igbo believes in his course.
Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by yelinco1(m): 6:33pm On Mar 07, 2017
NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW. NOT NIGERIA, BUHARI OR TROPHY (US PRESIDENT)

1 Like

Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by almarthins(m): 6:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
Lightening:

Please describe what your country is if not zoo, Paradise? Nothing describes the state of Nigeria more apt than the zoo.

If this country is a zoo den u r d only animal in it. U people can talk and think God gave u the permission to do so. Tribalist Zionist! undecided undecided
Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by chiedu7: 6:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
GameGod:

We are not fighting to keep him, we are fighting to get him killed (executed). All terrorist most die wether armed or unarmed.

Not possible, you cannot kill the citizen of another country.

He is biafrian. grin

4 Likes

Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by Jones4190(m): 6:35pm On Mar 07, 2017
Stupidity is when you don't know that Nigeria as a country has the right to withdraw it membership from Ecowas. The true is that Ecowas has no dealing with Ipod and it members or does it means the recognise Biafra as there member country too?
Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by almarthins(m): 6:48pm On Mar 07, 2017
himkers2:

Stop laughing at your folly bro, its not funny undecided

Each time I look at u igbos I just shake my head. U didn't learnt very much from 1960's civil war. It is a shame that ur elders have allowed the former state of arrogance and machoism to still cloud their upbringing of the next generation. I liken u Igbo to the city of Carthage. Don't forget it was nt fg that threw all the entire eastern states into aura of dilapidation. Stop being one sided, hold ur own leaders for ur current infrastructural woes and incoherence regional policies. Therefore I laugh at ur extreme folly.
Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by castrokins(m): 6:49pm On Mar 07, 2017
Even Certified Terrorists Like Kabiru Sokoto, Mamman Nur, Etc Had Since Been Released And Compensated By This Administration.

Why Buhari Won't Obey Several Court Summons To Release Kanu Is Beyond Me.

2 Likes

Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by Smoothie01(f): 6:49pm On Mar 07, 2017
almarthins:

Huh! In his case d sin of sedition is well spotted. I don't think u know any tin about law! No evidence is minimal. Don't forget that not all Igbo believes in his course.

Yes no evidence is minimal but it's not convincing enough...any audio evidence could be concocted (heard there's video tho)...
sedition is also well spotted in the activities of the avengers buh negotiations are going on now....
Some Igbos may not believe in his cause but all Igbos detest his continued detention and careless shooting of his unarmed members

3 Likes

Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by JideAmuGiaka: 6:59pm On Mar 07, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

LOL continue fooling yourself, Those that matter all over the world have been having access to PMB so deal with that with your hatred filled heart..

Beside when last did you see the councilor of your ward?

Ntooooor

2 Likes

Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by amazon14: 7:21pm On Mar 07, 2017
JideAmuGiaka:

Not forgetting PassingShot Madridguy HungerBad ISTANDWITHBUHAR BiafraudExposed AntiIpob NgeneUkwenu and Mr jailer who's dying gradually in London hospital.

And Ishilove..... the fake delta girl

2 Likes

Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by Nne5: 7:31pm On Mar 07, 2017
almarthins:

Why do u pple always feel u r Demi's? Its still in progress. Don't ever think Nigeria govt will voluntarily release this kanu without a trade or smtin! If ECOWAS like let dem order fg.

Kanu can't win this war however he tries, There re number of evidences to support his continuous kuje inhabitation. grin grin

He'll be released this year cool

2 Likes

Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by almarthins(m): 7:37pm On Mar 07, 2017
Smoothie01:

Yes no evidence is minimal but it's not convincing enough...any audio evidence could be concocted (heard there's video tho)...
sedition is also well spotted in the activities of the avengers buh negotiations are going on now....
Some Igbos may not believe in his cause but all Igbos detest his continued detention and careless shooting of his unarmed members

Avenger has many hydra heads. So u can't compare that Igbos. They shld just be wise about this move.
Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by Smoothie01(f): 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2017
almarthins:

Avenger has many hydra heads. So u can't compare that Igbos. They shld just be wise about this move.
The wisdom here lies in his release... His group is now legal/recognized

2 Likes

Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by newyorks(m): 7:59pm On Mar 07, 2017
folarinmiles:
Make dem stop dz adjourning stuff na
my guy i tire oh.
Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by almarthins(m): 8:00pm On Mar 07, 2017
Smoothie01:

The wisdom here lies in his release... His group is now legal/recognized

By whom?
Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by Lordsocrates: 8:31pm On Mar 07, 2017
Lightening:

I was watching to see the authority you will quote to backup your hypothesis. In other words, those are what you think, abi?

Malcolm Shaw, International law, 6th edition.
Check also principles of exhaustion of localremedies

Exhaustion of Domestic Remedies
It is a principle of international law that protection of human rights should be carried out by national governments. National remedies are viewed as more effective than international ones because they are easier to access, proceed more quickly and require fewer resources than making a claim before an international body. Access to international enforcement mechanisms is seen as a last resort, after the State has failed to correct the violation or to carry out justice.
Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by longayink: 8:48pm On Mar 07, 2017
Youngadvocate:
Court of Economic Community of West African States has just struck out a request by the Nigeria government asking the court to hands-off from entertaining the lawsuit filed by the leader of Indigenous People of Biafra, and Director of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu over the gross abuses of his human rights by the Nigeria government.

The proceedings at the Ecowas Court sitting in Abuja commenced shortly after the arrival of Ecowas Court judges (Hon Justice Chijioke Nwokoye, Justice Micah Wilkins Wright, Justice Yaya Bairo and Justice Allone Sall) at exactly 10am this morning of March 7, 2017, alongside the two legal counsels, Hon Barrister Ifeanyi Ejiofor(Prosecuting Counsel) and Hon. Barrister S.I Labaran(Defense Counsel).

Following the introduction of the two counsels, Hon Barrister Ifeanyi Ejiofor representing IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu told the court that his client has been incarcerated for over 16 months despite several court injunctions by Nigerian courts granting him unconditional release. He told the court to uphold the suit filed by his client by granting him bail and imposing the necessary sanctions on the Nigeria government over the gross human rights abuses of his client and his followers as contained in the suit.

However, Counsel to the Nigeria government, S.I Labaran objected and told the court that it lacks the jurisdiction to entertain such case, as the case is still being presided over by a Nigerian court. He also told the court that IPOB is not an ECOWAS body and therefore the case should be struck out.

Reacting swiftly to the tensed argument between the Counsels, the Ecowas court judge, Justice Chijioke Nwokoye rebuffed the objection of the respondent for lack of merit. The judge explained that both Nnamdi Kanu and the Nigeria government are members of ECOWAS, therefore the court has every jurisdiction to entertain any case brought before it by both parties.
The presiding judge however adjourned its ruling on the lawsuit filed by Nnamdi Kanu to April 27, 2017.

http://igbobia.com/?q=ecowas-court-strikes-out-fg-suit-to-restrain-the-court-from-handling-the-case-of-nnamdi-kanuadjourns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGdc-f8W_tU

Nigeria's FG was like a an EU country saying that an European Union Court has no jurisdiction to hear a case of abuse of human rights of a national of the EU member country.

No EU country would be so stuppppeed to argue like that before an EU Court.

Uquestionably, through their loyal military dictators, Hausa/Fulani restructured Nigeria politically to favour northern Nigeria, supervised a constitution to legit the skewed political structure. Rest of Nigeria cried for political restructuring in a democratic atmosphere but to no success.

In democracy, Janjaweeeed soldiers in the uniform of Nigeria Armed forces who represent Hausa/Fulani shoot and kill or imprison people who protest against the FAILED political structure and system.

3 Likes

Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by Alphasoar(m): 9:02pm On Mar 07, 2017
I told someone that they ECOWAS court has nothing tangible to offer Biafra agitation nor NK situation. The process is a waste of resources. Since the resource is not mine, I'll just go inside my house and pray for good things ahead.
God bless Alphasoar!
God bless Alphasoars!!
God bless Alphasoars Blog!!!
Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by Smoothie01(f): 9:06pm On Mar 07, 2017
almarthins:

By whom?

labelling his group a terrorist group has been cancelled out by the court...doesn't dah translate to recognition of the group?...a sort of licence to operate legally as an accepted group? correct me if I'm wrong
Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by francotunsco: 9:29pm On Mar 07, 2017
What type of judgement would you expect from CHIJIOKE?
Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by rugged7(m): 9:31pm On Mar 07, 2017
AFONJAS will not like this ni.... undecided grin grin grin
Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by cosade(m): 9:32pm On Mar 07, 2017
GameGod:
Kanu is a terrorist

See attached for the meaning of "terrorist".

1 Like

Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by almarthins(m): 9:56pm On Mar 07, 2017
Smoothie01:

labelling his group a terrorist group has been cancelled out by the court...doesn't dah translate to recognition of the group?...a sort of licence to operate legally as an accepted group? correct me if I'm wrong

He hehehehe...let's see how d game plays out. KANU shld be prepared because Nigerian govt will flout any rulings in his favour.
Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by Smoothie01(f): 9:59pm On Mar 07, 2017
almarthins:

He hehehehe...let's see how d game plays out. KANU shld be prepared because Nigerian govt will flout any rulings in his favour.
k
Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 07, 2017
folarinmiles:
Make dem stop dz adjourning stuff na
Prepare your mind , it may be adjourned till next year o.
Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 07, 2017
Likei:
shame is already catching buhari on his dying bed. the ECOWAS judge is an Igbo man.
Does it mean he could be biased?
Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by Nobody: 10:05pm On Mar 07, 2017
nkwuocha:
I thought some Cowards said he will rot in jail. Like play, this guy fit overthrown Buhari government from Kuje. He should be careful grin grin
Now you don't think straight again, is he even out of his prison yet ?
Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by Nobody: 10:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
LastSurvivor11:
And the dullard keep loosing while the God's anointed one keep wining..
A God's Anointed one will not do anything to cause the death of anybody.

1 Like

Re: Ecowas Court Strikes Out FG Request On Nnamdi Kanu's Case, Adjourns The Ruling by nkwuocha: 10:54pm On Mar 07, 2017
Mekwen:
Now you don't think straight again, is he even out of his prison yet ?

Time shall tell. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye, Dangote, Otedola And Saraki Hang Out Together (Photos) / IMF: Nigerian Economy May Collapse If… / Davido: 'APC Planning To Rig Osun Rerun Election'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.