Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. (35512 Views)

Indian Students Wear Boxes On Their Heads During Exam To Prevent Cheating / Father Trains Dog To Prevent Daughter From Using Phone During Homework / 10 Ways To Prevent Fire Outbreak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 07, 2017
There seems to be much thread discussion about Snakes on Nairaland, so I thought that some information on how to repel/prevent/kill Snakes would be interesting.
Snakes are some of the most persecuted of all animals due to unfounded fears. The enemity between Humans and Snakes started from the fall of man according to the Holy Bible, and still exist till date.
Note, some Snakes are harmful while few are harmless. And there's nothing like a good Snake, the only good Snake is a dead Snake.
Also, note that a Snake will never strike or attack for no reason. Just like other animals, a Snake strikes occur when provoked or surprised. It can easily strike when people are attempting to kill or get rid of it(snake).
WAYS TO MAKE YOUR HOME INHABITABLE FOR SNAKES.
1. Keep your home free from plants/grasses: by clearing grasses, piled woods, leaves, etc, knowing that snakes love hiding in dark warm places.
2. Avoid tall growing trees: avoid trees like palmtree, growing over the roof ...
Continue reading below...

2 Likes

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 07, 2017
... of your home.
3. Get rid of sources of foods: Snakes love to eat live foods like rodents, frog, etc, if they found it at your home, they would enjoy coming.
4. Patch up any holes: all holes in your home should be patched to prevent making a good home for Snakes.
5. Put up snake proof fencing: employ the service of a professional to put snake proof fence round your home.
6. Keep your home clean always: make sure you sweep, clean, arrange your home always.
If you must kill a Snake, learn carefully.
WAYS TO REPEL, PREVENT OR KILL SNAKES.
While killing a snake, your major target should be on its head.
A) Mechanical Methods.
1. Shoot with a gun: this can be dangerous as most harmful Snakes could dodge when shot. You can kill a Snake by shooting at its head with a gun.
2. Use of tools: you can make use of tools like cutlass/matchete, hoe, shovel, spade, not axe, and cut of the head of the Snake.
3. Lay Trap: this could be dangerous as most Snakes being trapped are ...
Continue reading below ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 07, 2017
.. angry and ready to bite at that moment.
4. Create Vibration: when you make vibration around the area you believe the Snake might be, it will scare the Snake away.
B) Biological Methods.
1. Chemical repellent: spread Chemical Snake Repellent round your homes in every 3 weeks to repel Snake when perceived. Keep reach out of children.
2. Sulphur powder: this is the best method to repel or prevent Snakes. Pour or spread Sulphur Powder round the corners of your home. Keep reach out of children.
3. Snake Repellant Flowers: plant Snake Repellant Flowers around your home to prevent Snakes.
C) Cultural Methods.
1. Gas, Diesel or Kerosene: it's not effective but can adopt it if you can't afford other methods. Spread gas, diesel or kerosene around your home to repel or kill Snakes.
2. Garlic mixture: grind garlic with little water, add vegetable(Kitchen) oil to it, allow for some minutes. Then, sprinkle around your home to repel Snakes.
3. Bitter kola: cut Bitter kola into ...

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Mar 07, 2017
... cloves and keep at all corners of your home. Or you can grind it with little water, add oil, in some minutes you sprinkle around.
Hopefully, this keeps you away from snakes.
Secret to note: whenever you are biten by snakes, scorpions, poisonous animals, or you drank/ate poison, even bullets, the best Anti-dote is "Charcoal or Burnt Bread."
When you chew and swallow charcoal or burnt bread, it will neutralise the effect of such poison or venom, as a high base. Before you can now go to a Doctor for proper medications. Please, don't drink water before or after poison at that moment cos it travels faster as water tends to be an Agent in Human Transport System.
Read this Today and thank Me Tomorrow.
By,
Natureboy91.
Keep following me for more interesting topics basically on Sciences: physics, mathematics, chemistry, social studies, and so on....

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 07, 2017
Lalasticlala, food don don for Nairaland Snake Section oo! Come, pee small.
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nuel25846(m): 6:13pm On Mar 07, 2017
All this one na long story, just put Lalasticlala as ur security person.

5 Likes

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by oldfoolnigger(m): 6:37pm On Mar 07, 2017
Educative post we have got here.tanx op.but o op that place u wrote that one should cut the snake on the head with machet or other sharp objects,i disagree.dont make such mistake nlders otherwise the snake's head go give u a good pursue of ur life rather,hit am to death with the blond part of the machet..dont use sharp part of it ooo

2 Likes

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 07, 2017
oldfoolnigger:
Educative post we have got here.tanx op.but o op that place u wrote that one should cut the snake on the head with machet or other sharp objects,i disagree.dont make such mistake nlders otherwise the snake's head go give u a good pursue of ur life rather,hit am to death with the blond part of the machet..dont use sharp part of it ooo
Yes, you are correct but if you are to hit, hit harder on its head. You can cut its head from a distance but one doing that should be careful. Thanks!
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by davidif: 1:43am On Mar 08, 2017
NatureBoy91:
.. angry and ready to bite at that moment.
4. Create Vibration: when you make vibration around the area you believe the Snake might be, it will scare the Snake away.
B) Biological Methods.
1. Chemical repellent: spread Chemical Snake Repellent round your homes in every 3 weeks to repel Snake when perceived. Keep reach out of children.
2. Sulphur powder: this is the best method to repel or prevent Snakes. Pour or spread Sulphur Powder round the corners of your home. Keep reach out of children.
3. Snake Repellant Flowers: plant Snake Repellant Flowers around your home to prevent Snakes.
C) Cultural Methods.
1. Gas, Diesel or Kerosene: it's not effective but can adopt it if you can't afford other methods. Spread gas, diesel or kerosene around your home to repel or kill Snakes.
2. Garlic mixture: grind garlic with little water, add vegetable(Kitchen) oil to it, allow for some minutes. Then, sprinkle around your home to repel Snakes.
3. Bitter kola: cut Bitter kola into ...

I don't know about the burnt bread or the charcoal though. Any research on it?

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 2:59am On Mar 08, 2017
But you've forgotten the best ....

Keep a Cat smiley

Cats will kill any snake they come across smiley

3 Likes

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by FlyAlways: 5:05am On Mar 08, 2017
Cool.

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 5:54am On Mar 08, 2017
nice. some said camphor also repel snakes.
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Einl(m): 6:16am On Mar 08, 2017
NatureBoy91:
There seems to be much thread discussion about Snakes on Nairaland, so I thought that some information on how to repel/prevent/kill Snakes would be interesting.
Snakes are some of the most persecuted of all animals due to unfounded fears. The enemity between Humans and Snakes started from the fall of man according to the Holy Bible, and still exist till date.
Note, some Snakes are harmful while few are harmless. And there's nothing like a good Snake, the only good Snake is a dead Snake.
Also, note that a Snake will never strike or attack for no reason. Just like other animals, a Snake strikes occur when provoked or surprised. It can easily strike when people are attempting to kill or get rid of it(snake).
WAYS TO MAKE YOUR HOME INHABITABLE FOR SNAKES.
1. Keep your home free from plants/grasses: by clearing grasses, piled woods, leaves, etc, knowing that snakes love hiding in dark warm places.
2. Avoid tall growing trees: avoid trees like palmtree, growing over the roof ...

This OP sef. You are confused and contradictory.

You said snakes are the most persecuted animals because of unfounded fears and na still you talk say a good snake is a dead snake.

So which is it? You love them or hate them.

Then bitter kola?? For snakes? Ayam not understanding.

How does that work??

2 Likes

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 6:43am On Mar 08, 2017
davidif:

I don't know about the burnt bread or the charcoal though. Any research on it?
Yes, from the ancient mexicans where good health issues started. I have tried it alot even some people I taught, did tried also.
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 08, 2017
Muafrika2:

But you've forgotten the best ....

Keep a Cat smiley

Cats will kill any snake they come across smiley
Not all cats, say pet cats. Though, good but didn't list it cos it's less effective. Besides, most persons fear cats. Anyway, thanks!
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 6:54am On Mar 08, 2017
crotonite:
nice. some said camphor also repel snakes.
Yes, but at a point. Said yes cos camphor is also made from sulphur. You can use a powder of the elements in group 6/16 of the periodic table as mostly all are posed with similar chemical effect. Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 08, 2017
Einl:

This OP sef. You are confused and contradictory.

You said snakes are the most persecuted animals because of unfounded fears and na still you talk say a good snake is a dead snake.

So which is it? You love them or hate them.

Then bitter kola?? For snakes? Ayam not understanding.

How does that work??
I said that cos some places they don't kill snakes but take them as visitors, when u ask them, they will say they are gud snakes. That's why I stated it above for such persons to understand. For bitter kola, keeping it around ur home, when snakes crawl to ur home & perceive it, they will crawl away cos the scent is unpleasant to them. Thanks!
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Einl(m): 7:34am On Mar 08, 2017
NatureBoy91:
I said that cos some places they don't kill snakes but take them as visitors, when u ask them, they will say they are gud snakes. That's why I stated it above for such persons to understand. For bitter kola, keeping it around ur home, when snakes crawl to ur home & perceive it, they will crawl away cos the scent is unpleasant to them. Thanks!

For the bitter kola stuff, I genuinely disagree with you.

Not scientifically proven.
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 7:50am On Mar 08, 2017
Einl:

For the bitter kola stuff, I genuinely disagree with you.

Not scientifically proven.
Lol! Ignorance, sorry to say. You think everything is science? The science methods are mainly the ones listed on biological methods. That's why the bitter kola is listed on cultural methods or lets say traditional methods.

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by holatin(m): 8:03am On Mar 08, 2017
what will happen when you kill all snake ?
what will lalasticlala move to FP then ?

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 08, 2017
NatureBoy91:
Yes, from the ancient mexicans where good health issues started. I have tried it alot even some people I taught, did tried also.

Tell us another story. How many times have you been bitten by snakes and that method worked for you?
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by chudyprince: 8:11am On Mar 08, 2017
Bitter Cola is enough to get rid of snakes in your house, it also brings out the man in you...get used to it

2 Likes

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by KillerBeauty(f): 8:20am On Mar 08, 2017
I remember when my sis saw a snake going into our empty gateman room. We use the room to stored old tools and stuff. We called some abokis to help us kill the snake but they were scared to enter the room to search for it. My dad came with those chemical repellent and sprayed it all over the room and in the compound.
Them the next day search for the snake. The snake was dead and Its entire body has melted.
In the next weeks that followed we didn't even see lizard near the house. They all ran away because of d chemicals

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Austin234(m): 8:44am On Mar 08, 2017
U mean a detached head of a dead snake can still run after me for an attack?

NatureBoy91:
Yes, you are correct but if you are to hit, hit harder on its head. You can cut its head from a distance but one doing that should be careful. Thanks!
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Austin234(m): 8:48am On Mar 08, 2017
Bitter cola has its limitation. Dont just assume

chudyprince:
Bitter Cola is enough to get rid of snakes in your house, it also brings out the man in you...get used to it

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 08, 2017
Austin234:
U mean a detached head of a dead snake can still run after me for an attack?

Somehow, cos if u match on its tooth/venom immediately after cut, u will die instantly cos it's more poisonous then than when it's alive. Safety first, bro!
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by San2ski(m): 9:18am On Mar 08, 2017
Op abeg, that part about burnt bread, abeg which type of bread? Agege bread or Chopright bread. Because these two have different compositions grin
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nobody: 9:53am On Mar 08, 2017
Lalasticalala would be like...BOY did i send you message... grin grin

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by Nbote(m): 9:54am On Mar 08, 2017
U jus go Internet copy oyibo post com create thread.. I bet if I ask u wat snake proof fencing is u have no idea.. Shoot snake gun abi...
Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by hero01(m): 10:46am On Mar 08, 2017
Nice one

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by sleeknick: 11:06am On Mar 08, 2017
lalasticlala wont like this oh angry

1 Like

Re: SCIENCE: Ways To Repel, Prevent Or Kill Snakes. by allytinted: 11:21am On Mar 08, 2017
Educative Post. Thanks @ OP. Where Is Lalasticlala When You Need Him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

It Is Unsafe To Reopen Universities Now – ASUU / OAU Sacks Professor Richard Akindele Over Sex For Mark Scandal / He Speaks English Well But Can Not Read And Write

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.