Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo (3038 Views)

What Will Happen To Saraki, Dogara If They Dump APC – Senator Girei / South-East Should Align With North For 2023 Presidency – Senator Uzodinma / Abubakar Girei Urges PDP To Rename The Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Cooly100: 7:00pm On Mar 07, 2017
Senator Abubakar Girei represented Adamawa Central Senatorial Zone from 1999 to 2003. In this interview, he recalled his experience as first timer lawmaker, at the time, the kind of politician former President Obasanjo is, efforts made by a group of Senators to truncate Obasanjo’s third term ambition, and why he (Obasanjo) would never accept that he was behind such an ambition.

What is your take on Professor Ango Abdullahi’s position that the North was now ready for Nigeria’s break up?

I am sure he did not speak on behalf of the ACF; he may have spoken on behalf of the elders’ forum or made a personal comment. This definitely is not the stand of the ACF. I think what is the popular opinion in the north today is that if anybody insists on breaking away from this country, we will not fight to prevent him from leaving the country, he is free to do so. Those that are making noise about breaking away from this country are the greatest beneficiaries of this country. In fact, they are the owners of this country. I know the generality of the people from south- east in particular, where the noise about Biafra is coming from, are totally not in support of the breakup of this country because they know they own Nigeria, the bigger, the better for all of us. Go to my village, you will find them there. Go to anywhere in this country, they are there, living comfortably, owning properties. There is no single tribe in this country that can boast of that. The fact that they allowed some miscreants, of course, I call them miscreants or ill informed persons among them, to be peddling this type of story to their detriment is not surprising, it is because they are not very sagacious politicians. This is making them to lose out in many fronts in this country. Unless and until the Igbo come out and identify solely with the Federal Fepublic of Nigeria as one united entity, I don’t see how an Igbo man will aspire and succeed in being President of Nigeria. I don’t see it. You cannot be talking about Biafra, and then be talking about being President of Nigeria.

Read more http://sunnewsonline.com/choose-between-biafra-and-nigerias-presidency-senator-girei-tells-igbo/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by northvietnam(m): 7:04pm On Mar 07, 2017
let Evey region control their resources/state policing..

Ss control ur oil...
SW control ur Ewedu..
SE control ur oil(imo/Abia) and your commerce..
North control ya Herdsmen...

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by prince9851(m): 7:04pm On Mar 07, 2017
Biafra

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Cooly100: 7:07pm On Mar 07, 2017
northvietnam:

Ss control ur oil...

SW control ur Ewedu..

Most of these people are confused...So because the SE people own's Nigeria, their region will be marginalized in all FRONTS? The people the buzo said own Nigeria are not represented in the highest security organ of their country...Their federal roads are the worst in the country...There is no visible federal presence in the region...Don't you see the sham in this man's statement?

14 Likes

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Olachase(m): 7:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
Even if biafra come some will still stay stick with nigeria so what are you saying # check my signature for TBC
Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Biafrawillcome: 7:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
Ipobexposed and sarrki come and see pls
Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by DONSMITH123(m): 7:08pm On Mar 07, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Blue3k(m): 7:12pm On Mar 07, 2017
Nigerians are silly bunch they think everyone operates on group think.

7 Likes

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Adiola(f): 7:14pm On Mar 07, 2017
senator girei herdsman boko haram useless man

5 Likes

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Godemcee(m): 7:15pm On Mar 07, 2017
northvietnam:

Ss control ur oil...

SW control ur Ewedu..

do u know s.west has more oil than s.east.ignorant ipob yoot.after s south,south west contribute the most to the country wealth,that's why u Ugansans drag s.south to beerfraud.

s.east should control there drug transport,baby factory nd ugu exportation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by naijaking1: 7:16pm On Mar 07, 2017
80% of Igbos will Biafra, while 20% will say the presidency

11 Likes

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by cheruv: 7:18pm On Mar 07, 2017
Btwn 1970 and 2000 we identified with Nigeria what did it fetch us
Oppression, suppression, dismemberment of our territories and once in a while massacres by either islamofascists in the North or Fulani herdsmen here in the South.

Now we've decided to identify with the independence of Igboland and that's that!!

12 Likes

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Cooly100: 7:18pm On Mar 07, 2017
Godemcee:
do u know s.west has more oil than s.east.ignorant ipob yoot.after s south,south west contribute the most to the country wealth,that's why u Ugansans drag s.south to beerfraud.

Afonja prince, there is no issue about that..Infact the oil and gas in SW is the biggest in Nigeria...but the SE people want out with their landlock and no resources...So how is this your major problem...?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Divinekings(m): 7:18pm On Mar 07, 2017
It's obvious people become proud of themselves when they succeed in their endeavors.
“ While you've been reading the above, thousands of people all over the world have been working to put money in my pocket. I even make money while I sleep! By this time next week, so could YOU. Get full info here: http://zealotblogger.wixsite.com/sfibiz
Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Godemcee(m): 7:23pm On Mar 07, 2017
Cooly100:

Afonja prince, there is no issue about that..Infact the oil and gas in SW is the biggest in Nigeria...but the SE people want out with their landlock and no resources...So how is this your major problem...?
osu slave,am holding u from seceding.oh u want me to free u from ur slavery.

ok I afonja king here by declare the online republic of beerfraud on March 07 2017,this republic shall exist on nairaland nd other social sites.

hurray happy independent.

cc
omenka
sarrki
passingshot1
Abagworo
Goke7
modath
obalaila

let's celebrate biafra independent

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by cstr55: 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2017
That is a no brainer na cheesy. How has the Nigerian presidency helped the recepients ethnics or even their states?
Daura and ota are shittholes even by Nigerian standards.
The choice is easy, if only it were just a matter of choice.

10 Likes

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Cooly100: 7:28pm On Mar 07, 2017
Godemcee:

ok I afonja king here by declare the online republic of beerfraud on March 07 2017,this republic shall exist on nairaland nd other social sites.

cc
omenka
sarrki
passingshot1
Abagworo
Goke7
modath
obalaila

For real...Which team you go follow...below? Without the Igbos Nigeria is like coconut without anything inside...that's why majority of you can't stand the idea of their leaving...starting with Buhari, Burutai, Saraki, Osibanjo and now Senator Giere

TEAM Biafra

Prof Soludo
Prof Bart Nnaji
Dr Ngozi Iwela
Dr Ezeife
Dr Idiaka Kalu
Prof Anya O Anya
Dr Onyiuke
Prof Ben Nwabueze
Prof Pat Utomi
Dr Ernest Ndukwe
Etc....
Etc...

Vs

TEAM Nigeria

Lai Mohammed
Bola Ahmed Tinubu
El Rufia
Fashola
Mrs Kemi Adeosun
Dr Akinyemi
Alh Tambuwal
Dr Atiku
Mr Saraki
Alhaji Shittu
Etc...
Etc....

I know say e go pain you well well....

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Godemcee(m): 7:31pm On Mar 07, 2017
Cooly100:

For real...Which team you go follow...below? Without the Igbos Nigeria is like coconut without anything inside...that's why majority of you can't stand the idea of their leaving...starting with Buhari, Burutai, Saraki, Osibanjo and now Senator Giere

TEAM Biafra

Prof Soludo
Prof Bart Nnaji
Dr Ngozi Iwela
Dr Ezeife
Dr Idiaka Kalu
Prof Anya O Anya
Dr Onyiuke
Prof Ben Nwabueze
Prof Pat Utomi
Dr Ernest Ndukwe
Etc....
Etc...

Vs

TEAM Nigeria

Lai Mohammed
Bola Ahmed Tinubu
El Rufia
Fashola
Mrs Kemi Adeosun
Dr Akinyemi
Alh Tambawal
Dr Atiku
Mr Saraki
Alhaji Shittu
Etc...
Etc....
osu slave I have declared the online republic of biafra since u accuse me of holding u from ur freedom.what more do u want.

7 Likes

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 07, 2017
Afonjas will be reading this like this and pondering...So Igbos truly own this country as most are saying!

" Gerie says " Those that are making noise about breaking away from this country are the greatest beneficiaries of this country. In fact, they are the owners of this country. I know the generality of the people from south- east in particular, where the noise about Biafra is coming from, are totally not in support of the breakup of this country because they know they own Nigeria, the bigger, the better for all of us. Go to my village, you will find them there. Go to anywhere in this country, they are there, living comfortably, owning properties. There is no single tribe in this country that can boast of that."

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Cooly100: 7:34pm On Mar 07, 2017
Godemcee:
osu slave I have declared the online republic of biafra since u accuse me of holding u from ur freedom.what more do u want.

Afonja..I know say this thing de pepper you well well

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Godemcee(m): 7:40pm On Mar 07, 2017
Cooly100:

Afonja..I know say this thing de pepper you well well
Am not pained,Am happy u Will be leaving with ur landlocked states.

congratulation once again nd more cocaine nd ugu to ur revenue

7 Likes

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Blackfire(m): 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2017
northvietnam:

Ss control ur oil...
SW control ur Ewedu..

I laugh so hard I packed my car in my ex compound.

11 Likes

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by chapmann(m): 7:44pm On Mar 07, 2017
All these noise making sha.. if anyone isn't comfortable with this one naijeryea they should be allowed to go. It isnt by force. Dey should free Nnamdi kanu. And to be clear am from delta state, am an isoko man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Cooly100: 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2017
Godemcee:
Am not pained,Am happy u Will be leaving with ur landlocked states.

congratulation once again nd more cocaine nd ugu to ur revenue

Good for you....If Aba were to be in Kano or Ogun, what do you think the federal government would have done since? You remember the federal government was to build film village in Kano worth N3 billion, even when Nollywood belongs to the eastern part of the country...That's why SE people want out. Despite all their effort to bring the country up, they are not appreciated...nor encouraged. Why

When will this brazen wickedness end. You suppress your best part. How do you think you will grow...Isn't that foolishness? If you don't want them, you don't trust them...why not support them to leave?

5 Likes

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Blackfire(m): 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2017
Godemcee:

cc
omenka
sarrki
passingshot1
Abagworo
Goke7
modath
obalaila

if that guy called u omo ale, eru , iwofa, u will start crying...
don't let us expose your family life here, ...

2 Likes

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by dreamwords: 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2017
Godemcee:

Dont go there bro
Yoruba has no drop of oil,
Or u wanna claim ijaw oil,

Abia has many oil wells, and so as imo
The highest oil producing well in rivers is located in igbo area(obigbo)
U can as well go and drink your ewedu soup

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by engreo(m): 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2017
northvietnam:

Ss control ur oil...

SW control ur Ewedu..

senseless baby factory product

3 Likes

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by simpleseyi: 7:52pm On Mar 07, 2017
northvietnam:

Ss control ur oil...

SW control ur Ewedu..

Your brother was there for 6 years, why couldn't he do it?

4 Likes

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Godemcee(m): 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2017
Cooly100:

Good for you....If Aba were to be in Kano or Ogun, what do you think the federal government would have done since? You remember the federal government was to build film village in Kano worth N3 billion, even when Nollywood belongs to the eastern part of the country...That's why SE people want out. Despite all their effort to bring the country up, they are not appreciated...nor encouraged. Why

When will this brazen wickedness end. You suppress your best part. How do you think you will grow...Isn't that foolishness? If you don't want them, you don't trust them...why not support them to leave?
since u can't get biafra without afonja support,I hereby support biafra on behalf of afonja republic I declare biafra.what more do u want

4 Likes

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Godemcee(m): 7:55pm On Mar 07, 2017
Blackfire:

if that guy called u omo ale, eru , iwofa, u will start crying...
don't let us expose your family life here, ...
Am used to u ipob yoot insult so try another thing.insult na una trademark

5 Likes

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by adadike281(f): 7:56pm On Mar 07, 2017
No need to ask, Biafra anytime ,any day. ana ju zi kwa ju?

2 Likes

Re: Choose Between Biafra And Nigeria’s Presidency, Senator Girei Tells Igbo by Godemcee(m): 7:57pm On Mar 07, 2017
dreamwords:

Dont go there bro
Yoruba has no drop of oil,
Or u wanna claim ijaw oil,

Abia has many oil wells, and so as imo
The highest oil producing well in rivers lies in igbo area(obigbo)
U can as well go and drink your ewedu soup
ignoramus ondo produce more oil than the whole s.east,nd Lagos just join.

see him claiming rivers state land,pathetic land grabbers

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aba Women Riot Of 1929: The Untold Story Of Heroic Women / Belgore Was In Mars When This Happened (picture) / A Case For Southern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.