Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,691 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

How To Apply For Masters In UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Apply For Masters In UK (3299 Views)

A Person Is Already In UK While Segalink Who Dropped Him Off Is Still In Traffic / Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) / Bumi Thomas, Nigerian, Faces Deportation In UK. Given 14 Days To Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Apply For Masters In UK by Kkposky: 11:19pm On Mar 07, 2017
please, I need someone to explain to me how to apply for masters programme in UK
Re: How To Apply For Masters In UK by Mcowubaba: 7:19am On Apr 04, 2017
Kkposky:
please, I need someone to explain to me how to apply for masters programme in UK
Have you applied? "or u still need information
Re: How To Apply For Masters In UK by Kkposky: 8:44pm On Apr 04, 2017
Mcowubaba:
I still need info, pls help if you can
Re: How To Apply For Masters In UK by Kkposky: 8:44pm On Apr 04, 2017
Mcowubaba:
Re: How To Apply For Masters In UK by Mcowubaba: 9:11pm On Apr 04, 2017
Kkposky:

UK schools are easier to apply for.

But hope you know that UK (especially England) has very strict immigration policy, so you may not get the chance to work or stay back after your schooling.

Now things you will require
1) You may be required to write An English Language proficiency test, Note this can be waived off for you, but it's dependent on the school's admission requirements, some schools Exclude Nigerian graduates from Writing an English language Proficiency test, while some don't.

2) You may be required to write a Statement of Purpose, just a letter explaining why you want to undergo a post graduate program in that university, your previous work, experience and knowledge that's relevant to the proposed Masters program, and what you hope to achieve in the near future upon the completion of the Program (I can inbox you a Sample)

3) Depending on the type of Masters degree, you may be required to find a Potential willing Supervisor before you will be accepted. There are two types of Masters Degree (Taught/Course based and Thesis/Research based) A research/Thesis based masters mostly requires you to mail a Supervisor who has similar research interests with you, asking him/her to supervise you.

4) Application fee of about 50-150 Pounds (payable through Form A in your Bank, Domicilary account, or a Master/Visa card that accepts forex transactions- if you have a friend/relative abroad, the could be of help, because currently I don't think any Nigerian bank Master/Visa card is accepting Forex transactions, anyway I heard GTB bank is accepting)

Now what course do you want to study at a Masters level. What's your CGPA like?, what type of Masters program do you have in mind?
Give me a brief info about yourself, let me advise you properly

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Masters In UK by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 15, 2017
Mcowubaba:

But hope you know that UK (especially England) has very strict immigration policy, so you may not get the chance to work or stay back after your schooling.

1) You may be required to write An English Language proficiency test, Note this can be waived off for you, but it's dependent on the school's admission requirements, some schools Exclude Nigerian graduates from Writing an English language Proficiency test, while some don't.

2) You may be required to write a Statement of Purpose, just a letter explaining why you want to undergo a post graduate program in that university, your previous work, experience and knowledge that's relevant to the proposed Masters program, and what you hope to achieve in the near future upon the completion of the Program (I can inbox you a Sample)

3) Depending on the type of Masters degree, you may be required to find a Potential willing Supervisor before you will be accepted. There are two types of Masters Degree (Taught/Course based and Thesis/Research based) A research/Thesis based masters mostly requires you to mail a Supervisor who has similar research interests with you, asking him/her to supervise you.

4) Application fee of about 50-150 Pounds (payable through Form A in your Bank, Domicilary account, or a Master/Visa card that accepts forex transactions- if you have a friend/relative abroad, the could be of help, because currently I don't think any Nigerian bank Master/Visa card is accepting Forex transactions, anyway I heard GTB bank is accepting)

Now what course do you want to study at a Masters level. What's your CGPA like?, what type of Masters program do you have in mind?
kudos, this information is useful not even only to the person that asked for it but also the general public.

Howfar about Agric and Biosystems Engineering, 3.91?

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Masters In UK by Mcowubaba: 6:59pm On May 15, 2017
donproject:

kudos, this information is useful not even only to the person that asked for it but also the general public.

Howfar about Agric and Biosystems Engineering, 3.91?
Thanks.
Explain further on what information you need
Re: How To Apply For Masters In UK by Seajae: 8:39am On May 16, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Thanks.
Explain further on what information you need
You broke it down for her perfectly fam. However could you send me the sop sample to chijiokechristian84@yahoo.com? Thanks
Re: How To Apply For Masters In UK by Mcowubaba: 8:44am On May 16, 2017
Seajae:

You broke it down for her perfectly fam. However could you send me the sop sample to chijiokechristian84@yahoo.com? Thanks

OK, lemme check whether I still have any.
But, there are many samples ONLINE, in Google/Wikipedia wink

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Masters In UK by BestChoiceTutor(m): 11:02am On May 16, 2017
Mcowubaba has said it all but not all schools request for application fees to mention but few like Kingston University, London and Anglia-Ruskin University.You will also need to provide your transcript and int'l passport datapage during the application. Anglia-Ruskin University will conduct a phone interview with you.

2 Likes

Re: How To Apply For Masters In UK by jesuloluwa2010: 2:33pm On May 18, 2017
@Mcowubaba, thanks alot.I wish to have my PhD done in UK.I had my Masters in OAU (Industrial Sociology) and have PhD direct result.Any help
Re: How To Apply For Masters In UK by Mcowubaba: 4:49pm On May 18, 2017
jesuloluwa2010:
@Mcowubaba, thanks alot.I wish to have my PhD done in UK.I had my Masters in OAU (Industrial Sociology) and have PhD direct result.Any help
That's good..
I hope you have read my write up above in relation to immigration to UK..

For a PhD you'll must likely require to get a potential supervisor..

Explain more on what you mean by "you having a PhD direct result" , let me know whether it's what I'm thinking!!!

Will you like to apply to University of Greenwich, I know some students there.

Or what school are you planning on applying to
Re: How To Apply For Masters In UK by Umarlulu: 10:50am On Jun 08, 2017
Mcowubaba:

please I finish my degree programme but waiting for result and some of my transcripts can I use TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN to secure admission with it? I study BBA I want to study msc economics,financial accounting,or any related course is it possible

(1) (Reply)

Just Before You Come To The UK For Studies! / Price Of Chinese Student Visa / Any Travel Advice To Bahamas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.