Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Dilemna Of Being An Only Son - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dilemna Of Being An Only Son (891 Views)

How Do You Feel Being An Only Son/daughter? / He's 27years Old, An Only Son / Are You An Only Son Or Daughter? Cos I Am! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by willyspace(m): 11:31pm On Dec 15, 2009
I guess there are so many guys in this shoes right now. Being an only son @ 29 I am pressurized to settle down, don't want to do it the 'illegal' way, am not just ready (financially) for that, but my Mum keeps calling and asking when? I feign annoyance but I know she is right.
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by H2O2: 12:07am On Dec 16, 2009
What is the legal way?

I understand your fam is in a hurry, but don't let them frustrate you into THE big decision until you are ready.
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by willyspace(m): 12:21am On Dec 16, 2009
Following the normal marital formalities is legal,
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by mamagee3(f): 1:23am On Dec 16, 2009
It sucks to be an Only child. tongue
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by Nobody: 1:33am On Dec 16, 2009
truly
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by H2O2: 1:33am On Dec 16, 2009
aw embarassed
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by coolier(f): 1:40am On Dec 16, 2009
29 and still single? Mum is right. wink  Make hays while the sun shines!
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by oyinda3(f): 1:45am On Dec 16, 2009
hahaha ur that same guy. seriously you are a case.
why do you say "financially"? you don't have a job?
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by H2O2: 1:48am On Dec 16, 2009
coolier:

29 and still single? Mum is right. wink Make haste while the sun shines!
Ah ahn angry
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by Fhemmmy: 3:20am On Dec 16, 2009
Being the only boy is never fun. . . . I am one too, i have always wished i had at least one brother, but to no avail, so i will make a good brotherhood of my son.
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by spoilt(f): 4:19am On Dec 16, 2009
Even if you were one of ten boys 29 sure does not seem like a young lad. undecided
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by willyspace(m): 4:43am On Dec 16, 2009
That I have a job does not mean one should jump the gun. I have seen young men that rushed into marriage and ended up struggling with everything. I have set targets, if am not satisfied that I have met them, NO WAY!
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by Nobody: 5:02am On Dec 16, 2009
then stop whining.

besides isnt this what you wrote:

willyspace:

I guess there are so many guys in this shoes right now. Being an only son @ 29 I am pressurized to settle down, don't want to do it the 'illegal' way, am not just ready (financially) for that, but my Mum keeps calling and asking when? I feign annoyance but I know she is right.
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by Nobody: 5:05am On Dec 16, 2009
It is the same damn thing when you are the only daughter.
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by Outstrip(f): 6:00am On Dec 16, 2009
Stand up to your mother. Don't rush into anything. Marriage is not something you do just to get someone off your back. 29 is not a big deal
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by foyeks2001(f): 11:33am On Dec 16, 2009
willyspace:

That I have a job does not mean one should jump the gun. I have seen young men that rushed into marriage and ended up struggling with everything. I have set targets, if am not satisfied that I have met them, NO WAY!

guess at age 45 rite?
good for u, u gonna use ur pension to raising ur kids
dad 60- first child 14
dad 60-second child 12
dad 60- third child 10

so how about that
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by foyeks2001(f): 1:25pm On Dec 16, 2009
u are not ready financially but fuckily ready right??
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 16, 2009
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by Fhemmmy: 6:42pm On Dec 16, 2009
foyeks2001:

See me see peace oh, the dude says, he is not ready, so what if he jumped into it and start to soil his "royal" linen?
Who would u blame?
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by breathless(m): 8:31pm On Dec 16, 2009
poster, understand her feelings but dont be rushed. mother's av a way of cajoling only child to fulfil their wish. truth is ur mum 'll not run ur home wen u settle down. neither 'll she help u manage ur finances.(he who wears d shoes knows where it pinches) I was in dis situation some years ago. got 2 a point my mum said she'll mind hawk garri to look after my "kids" cos all she wanted was grandchildren. had 2 use my dad as a wedge cos i was beginnin 2 get irritated knowin dat d pressure 'from my mum 'll distract my goals in life. Was over 33 wen i got married cos i took my time to plan d kind of wedding i wanted. now i av 2 wonderful kids n a lovin wife. just keep ur head up n be focused on ur life goals. all d best.
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by willyspace(m): 9:48pm On Dec 16, 2009
@ Breathless, those are the most soothing words av heard on this forum. Thanks.
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by spoilt(f): 2:30am On Dec 17, 2009
foyeks2001:

abi. grin
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by DOnlooker(m): 3:48am On Dec 18, 2009
At least [b]YOU[b] should start thinking about it seriously. Its about time, its about you.
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by willyspace(m): 5:45am On Dec 18, 2009
Shey!
Re: Dilemna Of Being An Only Son by FBS: 12:34pm On Dec 18, 2009
It's about you. Take your time to make your decision.

(1) (Reply)

Man Dies On Top Of Prostitute! / Is It Right For Married Woman To Keep Intouch With Her Ex-bf When She Is Married /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.