Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,613 members, 7,955,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:44 PM

Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake (937 Views)

Tiger Woods Finally Speaks: 'I Am Deeply Sorry' / 9ice: Nigerian Tiger Woods / Cheater Tiger Woods Has A Prenup - Is That Fair To His Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by mcwalka(m): 3:43am On Dec 16, 2009
don't usually like to jump onto celebrity news bandwagons, but the media melee around Tiger Woods' public admission of his personal "transgressions" holds valuable lessons for all of us on how to most effectively protect the integrity of a brand.

Tiger is both a role model and a brand superhero. The fact that he's seemingly invincible on the golf course and in the branding world is what makes it difficult for his fans to accept that he's actually human, like the rest of us. As with everybody else, he's not impervious to making mistakes--or, rather, getting caught making mistakes.

And just like the long list of celebrities before him caught in the public firestorm--Michael Phelps smoking pot, David Letterman canoodling with a co-worker and, most recently, Alex Rodriguez's womanizing and steroid use--Tiger needs to pounce into crisis management mode to preserve his brand's value among current and prospective sponsors.

Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by H2O2: 3:44am On Dec 16, 2009
He's human ? shocked
Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by Nobody: 4:53am On Dec 16, 2009
its human to bonk over 10 women within the same time frame?

abi are they telling lies on him.
Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by yeswecan(m): 10:04am On Dec 16, 2009
tpia.:

its human to bonk over 10 women within the same time frame?

abi are they telling lies on him.

Blacks are polygamous by nature
Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by spikedcylinder: 12:39pm On Dec 16, 2009
Tiger said family comes first and I agree with him. He loves lots of families - especially their daughters.
Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 16, 2009
yeswecan:

Is this what you've been using to deceive yourself?
Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 16, 2009
yeswecan:

are they!!!!

is that your excuse for your sex addiction?
Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by MrCrackles(m): 7:25pm On Dec 16, 2009
Can you guys just fuc.king get off Tiger Wood's jockstrap!!!!
Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by mamagee3(f): 7:44pm On Dec 16, 2009
The media and this Tiger Woods' news is pissing me off! angry
Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by H2O2: 7:54pm On Dec 16, 2009
Tiger's been M.I.A for some time now.

Even Charles Barkley and Jeffrey Jordan are worried about him.

I hope he's okay embarassed
Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by bawomolo(m): 12:39am On Dec 17, 2009
stillwater:

Is this what you've been using to deceive yourself?

it dey pain you grin
Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by Nobody: 12:56am On Dec 17, 2009
Pain me how? That's just a careless statement.
Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by Sauron1: 1:13am On Dec 17, 2009
mcwalka:

don't usually like to jump onto celebrity news bandwagons, but the media melee around Tiger Woods' public admission of his personal "transgressions" holds valuable lessons for all of us on how to most effectively protect the integrity of a brand.

Tiger is both a role model and a brand superhero. The fact that he's seemingly invincible on the golf course and in the branding world is what makes it difficult for his fans to accept that he's actually human, like the rest of us. As with everybody else, he's not impervious to making mistakes--or, rather, getting caught making mistakes.

And just like the long list of celebrities before him caught in the public firestorm--Michael Phelps smoking pot, David Letterman canoodling with a co-worker and, most recently, Alex Rodriguez's womanizing and steroid use--Tiger needs to pounce into crisis management mode to preserve his brand's value among current and prospective sponsors.

Abeg, make we hear word. . . . .

Tiger Woods brought this upon himself trying to alienate himself from his Black roots and identifying with the whites.
He painted himself saintly and saints fall harder when caught.

I can't imagine someone like Jay-Z or Cristiano Ronaldo getting this much attention.
They have never tried to be St. John or St. Matthew. If Jay-Z cheats on Beyonce with an au pair, the ripples won't trouble a goldfish.
Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by Nobody: 1:21am On Dec 17, 2009
Don't know why he's giving a public apology. How is it my business? undecided
Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by Sauron1: 1:23am On Dec 17, 2009
stillwater:

Don't know why he's giving a public apology. How is it my business? undecided

Arrant nonsense. . . .
Cristiano Ronaldo beds high class hookers everyday in Europe and it's no one's business.
Who cares if Tiger sleeps with a cow? It's his life but then Americans are nothing but gossips. cheesy grin
Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by Nobody: 1:30am On Dec 17, 2009
Americans are not gossips tongue. It's just the media that try to dictate how Americans should think or feel. They tend to overblow things.
Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by Sauron1: 1:36am On Dec 17, 2009
stillwater:

Americans are not gossips tongue. It's just the media that try to dictate how Americans should think or feel. They tend to overblow things.

Britney Spears is a virgin. cheesy
Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by spikedcylinder: 8:28am On Dec 17, 2009
~Sauron~:

Abeg, make we hear word. . . . .

Tiger Woods brought this upon himself trying to alienate himself from his Black roots and identifying with the whites.
He painted himself saintly and saints fall harder when caught.

I can't imagine someone like Jay-Z or Cristiano Ronaldo getting this much attention.
They have never tried to be St. John or St. Matthew. If Jay-Z cheats on Beyonce with an au pair, the ripples won't trouble a goldfish.

First time I'd ever agree with this pikin.
However, the British tabloids are worse than the American ones.
Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by omar22(m): 11:01am On Dec 17, 2009
Bill Clinton had an affair, he wasnt demonised, Beckham had an affair everyone blamed Rebecca Loo, Sven Erikson had an Affair they all blamed Faria Alam,

What Tiger did was wrong but common he is not the first and definitely wont be the last,
Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by smakcad(m): 11:28am On Dec 17, 2009
if he is nt a celebrity it is a different thing.but take note say public figures no get private life gain.what they have is public life.so wat happens to them concers us.that is why it is not gossip.so much as we concern ourselves with their successes,we also concern ourselves with thir family matters u knon
Re: Learn From Tiger Woods Mistake by mamagee3(f): 7:07pm On Dec 18, 2009
There's a big difference between me and
Tiger Woods and it's Courtesy
. tongue

(1) (Reply)

9ice To Chat Live Online On Xmas Eve / England Captain Cheats With Team Mate's Gf / Chief Justice Of Nigeria's Wife Killed By A Falling Mango Tree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.