Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Am Thinking Of Running. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Am Thinking Of Running. (2035 Views)

The New Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan Standard Gauge Rail Line Undergoing Test-Running / Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking / Am thinking of traveling to India How Is Life On India For A Nigeria Foreigner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Thinking Of Running. by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 09, 2017
Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by HungerBAD: 8:11am On Mar 09, 2017
Lucky you.

So lucky your parents are so well to do, they were able to sponsor you throughout your undergraduate days. And now, you want to run away like the spoilt brat that you are, because your dad is acting somehow.

This is exactly the problem with youths in Nigeria today, who feel they are entitled to everything for free.

Grow up.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 09, 2017
Stop watching home videos....
You think say under bridge na beans?

If I be ya papa sef na me go drive you myself before you run. I train you finish you never start to dey rake in cash you still wan do pg? How e take sure me say I go gain am last last?

I think you are an ingrate!!!! Y you no run before he send you go secondary school not to talk of university. The man eyaf try for you well well. Haba. Must you do pg? You don try you get poultry build it.up your hustling game. Hustle!!!!!
Forget say degree dey. Na when I don balance for hustle na I'm I start to use my degree. Open ya brain bro...do your state well!!!!!!! And papa go support. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by Nobody: 8:31am On Mar 09, 2017
HungerBAD:
Lucky you.

So lucky your parents are so well to do, they were able to sponsor you throughout your undergraduate days. And now, you want to run away like the spoilt brat that you are, because your dad is acting somehow.

This is exactly the problem with youths in Nigeria today, who feel they are entitled to everything for free.

Grow up.

Oga please read the story again, this time.. slowly. thank you

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by dustydee: 8:53am On Mar 09, 2017
Your father did not owe you University education, yet he sent you to the University and all you can think of him is ill? Anything he did for you after you turned 18 is a favour not your right. Grow up man. I understand that you may be disappointed in him failing to keep his promise but have you tried to find out why?
Living under the bridge is not easy especially with evil people everywhere.

4 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by Nobody: 8:55am On Mar 09, 2017
You can use the 10k to start a job. I thought you said you are rearing chicken. Will you be leaving your dad as the manager? undecided

If you plan to go live under the bridge, please keep your money safe and carry transport only or you will be mugged.

2 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by ugonology(m): 9:41am On Mar 09, 2017
very few posters here understand the op, the young man is confused and frustrated, he obviously lacks an idea of what to do with his life. please dont judge or blame him, this is the present situation with most nigerian youths. he wouldnt be attempting to risk his life sleeping under bridges in lagos if he dosent want to make meaning out of his life at all cost....please prayer for him instead, for words now can make him a potential leader or a potential thief sad

5 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by worry357: 10:01am On Mar 09, 2017
Daddy probably thinks that you want to use his hard earned money to laze in school rather than working!

You have a degree but no job
concentrate on making something of yourself to gain his respect.
After all if you have no job now what proof is there that more qualifications will allow you to get one?

Also 23 birds is not a farm! That is just a hobby!
Pull your finger out and build a real business. When you have 2300 birds you can call it a farm.
Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by Nobody: 11:01am On Mar 09, 2017
OP, your sense of entitlement is rather irritating.
Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Mar 09, 2017
worry357:
Daddy probably thinks that you want to use his hard earned money to laze in school rather than working!

You have a degree but no job
concentrate on making something of yourself to gain his respect.
After all if you have no job now what proof is there that more qualifications will allow you to get one?

Also 23 birds is not a farm! That is just a hobby!
Pull your finger out and build a real business. When you have 2300 birds you can call it a farm.

So I should rob a bank to start up a 2300 birds farm? well.. maybe you are in your air conditioned office ryt nw.

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 09, 2017
Pidgin2:
OP, your sense of entitlement is rather irritating.

OK. please if you are in Lagos, help me with some tips to get cheap accommodation. thank you.
Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by worry357: 1:57pm On Mar 09, 2017
NiceGuyStephen:

So I should rob a bank to start up a 2300 birds farm? well.. maybe you are in your air conditioned office ryt nw.

Not rob bank but work hard to grow your business like many others have done.
Grow your birds to 100 or 200 then more.
Nothing in life is easy and running away to starve in big town will not bring you riches.
Imagine trying to hussle a bowl of rice when everyone around you is local and knows all the tricks!
Johnny Just Come will starve!
Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 10, 2017
Muafrika2:
You can use the 10k to start a job. I thought you said you are rearing chicken. Will you be leaving your dad as the manager? undecided

If you plan to go live under the bridge, please keep your money safe and carry transport only or you will be mugged.

hello thanks for your advice, please, how can I locate a popular bridge where people normally stay? I am coming from Awka in Anambra State.
Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by stacyadams: 8:12am On Mar 10, 2017
seems like u made up ur mind....so many bridges in lag....soon u will run out of money...sleeping under the bridge is not the best option..God watch over you...so many youths are confused ..ur not alone
NiceGuyStephen:

hello thanks for your advice, please, how can I locate a popular bridge where people normally stay? I am coming from Awka in Anambra State.
Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by mavinc4u(f): 9:35am On Mar 10, 2017
NiceGuyStephen:

You are running from Awka to Lagos. I doubt your story 100%. There are more business opportunities in Awka than Lagos. I am sorry but you need to have your brain formatted because you have been deceived by nairaland post. Wise up guy and stop disgracing yourself.

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by LLSAINT(m): 9:43am On Mar 10, 2017
mavinc4u:

You are running from Awka to Lagos. I doubt your story 100%. There are more business opportunities in Awka than Lagos. I am sorry but you need to have your brain formatted because you have been deceived by nairaland post. Wise up guy and stop disgracing yourself.
Dont be quick to judge him babe....I believe he has not told us the complete and true story of things....

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by mavinc4u(f): 9:53am On Mar 10, 2017
LLSAINT:

Dont be quick to judge him babe....I believe he has not told us the complete and true story of things....

No matter what the story is, not to the extent of running from frying pan to fire.
Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by worry357: 10:15am On Mar 10, 2017
All this because daddy will not pay for him to idle away his time at university!

What does he think is going to be so good living under a bridge in Lagos town?
Planning on falling into riches by a miracle?
Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by Johnnyessence(m): 10:58am On Mar 10, 2017
OP my advice for you here's not to travel to lag to stay under bridge. The most cheapest apartment in lag is abule egba community. What you passing through here is small comparing to what some people is passing. Besides have you do Nysc scheme niiii. For now stop the ambition of doing pg. From what you say here you are rearing twenty three birds. I want to ask please why can't you continue with it. Start small grow big. The lagos you are travelling too has a lot of issues that you will have to treat too. With the ten thousand naira you have you can buy two or three bags of poultry feeds and start small again. And after that your dad will be happy with what you have done and help you out. My little advice.
Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 10, 2017
I think I will spend the night in ibafo.

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by Nobody: 11:11am On Mar 10, 2017
NiceGuyStephen:

No idea

You could Google "living under bridge lagos"

See what comes up smiley

3 Likes

Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 10, 2017
Johnnyessence:
OP my advice for you here's not to travel to lag to stay under bridge. The most cheapest apartment in lag is abule egba community. What you passing through here is small comparing to what some people is passing. Besides have you do Nysc scheme niiii. For now stop the ambition of doing pg. From what you say here you are rearing twenty three birds. I want to ask please why can't you continue with it. Start small grow big. The lagos you are travelling too has a lot of issues that you will have to treat too. With the ten thousand naira you have you can buy two or three bags of poultry feeds and start small again. And after that your dad will be happy with what you have done and help you out. My little advice.

thanks for the advice tho. I am presently in the bus
Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 10, 2017
Muafrika2:

No idea

You could Google "living under bridge lagos"

See what comes up smiley

thanks, this link was helpful.. http://sunnewsonline.com/inside-lagos-under-bridge-world/
Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by Nobody: 11:27am On Mar 10, 2017
NiceGuyStephen:

thanks, this link was helpful.. http://sunnewsonline.com/inside-lagos-under-bridge-world/

I guess we just found your new home. All De best. grin

Keep us updated ... With selfies, adventures and stories that touch smiley

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 10, 2017
Muafrika2:

I guess we just found your new home. All De best. grin

Keep us updated ... With selfies, adventures and stories that touch smiley

hahahahh I also found this link.. http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/others/we-live-better-than-those-in-duplexes-say-lagos-under-bridge-squatters/80130.html
Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by worry357: 1:03pm On Mar 10, 2017
I guess the story will end when his phone and money get stolen.
So no more than 12 hrs for JJC. in Lagos!

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 10, 2017
NiceGuyStephen:

hahahahh I also found this link.. http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/others/we-live-better-than-those-in-duplexes-say-lagos-under-bridge-squatters/80130.html
cheesy

"... When this reporter visited the area to observe situations, a man was seen taking his bath in the open while others, patronizing a nearby food vendor, eat and drink without worry..."
Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 10, 2017
Two travellers in the bus talking about a foolish JJC. I am afraid now.
Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by worry357: 4:19pm On Mar 10, 2017
NiceGuyStephen:
Get the next bus home and pray on your knees to daddy for forgiveness.
Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 10, 2017
NiceGuyStephen:
What's JJC? undecided

1 Like

Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 10, 2017
worry357:

Get the next bus home and pray on your knees to daddy for forgiveness.

ok let's get serious here. I have 70k and I am going to ibafo. so can I survive?
Re: Am Thinking Of Running. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 10, 2017
Johnny Just Come

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shengen Visa Ban? / Relocating To El Paso Texas / Lithuania Work Permit, Anybody Done This Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.